Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b (61104 Views)

Poll: Do you think this bulding is necessary?

Yes: 56% (76 votes)
No: 43% (58 votes)
This poll has ended

Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build / Pastor Adeboye Dedicates RCCG New Auditorium / Gay Church Opens In Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by kunle75(m): 12:15pm On Jan 01, 2008
touch not my annointingthe poster shld watch its tongue not to incure God`s wrath.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by ty4real(m): 3:20pm On Jan 03, 2008
Guys, dont make comments and judgements when you dont the facts ooooo, stop running your mouth over what is not your business,u were never there when God spoke to the Pastor and PLS syop be judgemental and critical here,RCCG for real is making its impact even in helping the less priviledge in the society and rather than running your mouths about Rccg why dont you focus on the government casue the same destituute are enttiled to state welfarism which is only in paer and which is only extended to some set of Kabal in ds same naija.
So abeg,let wagging tongues go sleep ooo or else make you know invoke the wrath of Jah over ur life ooooo wink wink wink wink wink wink. Just my own piece any way but Daddy G.O,una do well Sir!

Am not a RCCG memeber but I believe seeing things objectively and not passing comments especially when I dont know the nitty-gritty of the situation on ground! cool cool cool
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by dafidixone(m): 3:24pm On Jan 03, 2008
Key into the Prophecy of Pastor E.A Adeboye for 2008. Shun this idle talk and make progress in 2008. Like it or not RCCG is a true vision of God. You are already invited if you are working and are heavy ladding.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by kingdoyin: 6:26pm On Feb 05, 2008
well while i quite find it uneasy to come to terms with the church spending such an amount on building an auditorium when many of the members are poor, i want to make this simple points clear, dat the money spent is a free will offering not coming from Nigeria alone but from all over the world, where the church has branches. so for an international church to build its fellowship centre with such an amount is not unbecoming, considering the number of people involved both in the funding and those to congregate and fellowship there.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by detruth: 12:03pm On Feb 07, 2008
The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) has opened, arguably, the world’s biggest auditorium. The facility can accommodate more than a million worshippers at a time. The auditorium, which was opened by the General Overseer of the church, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye, was built at a cost of $60 million (about N7.7 billion).

This is why Nigerians will continue to live in poverty. We have homeless people on the streets and jobless people, yet a pastor with a vision is spending the congregations tithes and offering on this extravagant building.

I guess religion has now turn to a profitable business.

http://www.thenewsng.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=3923

@Poster

What's your own problem about this episode? Is your money part of the tithe and offerings being used? It's not hard knowing childern of "shhhhhhhh"! They are so comfortable speaking against God's servants. I pity you! So you want them to use the tithe payers money to feed you and pave the road to your house?. No matter where the money comes from, am sure its not from your pocket. I doubt if God has ever cost you anything!
This is Nigeria and not US, we love God here, we do'nt spend money on war (looking for weapon of mass destruction), but on God! The downward going(even in economy) of US today is all because the haven no place for God.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by skyone(m): 5:26pm On Feb 07, 2008
Everyone PlS get the gist from here.
[center]Truly ignorance can easily destroy the unexpected[/center]

To Davidlan, Nwando, Seun and other fellow ignoramus you guys have no idea of what RCCG has contributed to the entire World not just Nigeria in this case.

Now as an educated individual i believe you should have known Churches must by law be Registered as a charity organisation, therefore each church at the end of the year is checked through their registered number of what they have contributed to the charity regulated Body. RCCG has the highest number of branches in Britain, USA,France etc and they all offer what is called Charity donation not tax which then goes to the regulated Body for chairty assignments.(imagine how much that will be)

Secondly RCCG has profoundly impacted the life of at least a Billion people all over the world, people getting delivered from spiritual oppressions, job success, exam success, promotions and many more, all to the GLORY OF JESUS CHRIST.

A servant and annointed man of GOD executed his vision by building a house of GOD that through it thousands of lives will be saved and souls will be won, all we can contribute is critics. LET GOD HAVE MERCY. RCCG. Does Nigeria has Charity Regulated Body? if yes, tell me who is trustyworthy enough to entrust funds with, what impact has it made significantly to the nation. Please let common sense prevail, RCCG will not go to surburbs to start sharing money, of course NIJA will say there's preferential treatment. But i can tell you whole heartedly that babies are delivered freely at camp, now that's charity.

Go to google and learn about RCCG before posting whole bunch of innuendos.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by seabreeze: 4:29pm On Feb 17, 2008
Look, this discussion is just pointless, reading all these hypocraites (LIKE SEUN AND MAMAJAMA) comments has gotten me so angry and all i can say is ''what are you doing as individuals to help the so called poor people in nigeria'' since RCCG building a big place of worship is now such a big deal. Pastor Adeboye is the most humble and genuine man of God i have ever met, so why dont u all get busy helping the poor since your sooo concerned and let people be. GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JOBLESS FREAKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by vowiski(m): 5:40pm On Feb 17, 2008
good/bad news
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by synderella: 2:29pm On Mar 10, 2008
It just goes to show that the church is no different from the rest of the world, the only one u can trust is God.
People have different priorities and they go according to them, simple.

Even if the congregation donate money freely, the truth is that they will donate to whateva cause their pastor asks them to - simple whether its for a massively expensive church house, giving money to the poor to start business, feeding the disabled, etc.

Free donation or not, such a building is a waste of money, especially in Nigeria for that matter. Am sure when one sees the church you'll notice that the surrounding area is covered with poverty stricken homes and bad roads.
The church does not have to be stupendously expensive to win souls, wont a poor man be afraid to enter such, tell me, wont he feel intimidated by the very surroundings?
Why arent the congregation ever asked to donate for better things This seems ego oriented to me,

I used to attend one of the parishes in Victoria Island before i left the country years back and when the church building was completed, it was a marvel!

Beautiful quite alright, but believe me from then on when i went to service, i could never shake off the constant questions in my head - what is this all for? Why did we need to import and install such enormous industrialized aluminium pipe air conditioning units that covered the entire ceiling of the massive church - when they ended up being too cold for the congregation and drove half the people to hover outside the doors cos of the cold?

Why did we need to import thousand of customized chairs from Germany or Italy, who r we trying to impress - God? Most certainly not!

I didnt get it then and i dont get it now!

God help us all!
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by donnie(m): 10:39pm On Mar 13, 2008
You guys havent sen anything yet.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by donnie(m): 10:49pm On Mar 13, 2008
You dont get it abi? Dont worry, you will soon get it, when the trumpet sounds and you are still busy pointing that your judgemental finger.

You are obviously unaware of the fact that the church of Jesus Christ is the richest nation on earth. We are children of Abraham, possesor of heaven and earth.

It is useless trying to pretend that we are poor. We know who we are.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by fotodaddy: 9:40am On Mar 14, 2008
My God undecided

See how people dey take panadol for other people headache.

Abeg make una cool down now!!

We are not perfect, we humans. And even "Daddy GO" is a man subject to like passions.

If it pains you, get on your knees and pray for a change. The heart of kings in in God's hand.

People be wise!! wink

Get to know your saviour!! Churchianity and service will get you no where. We need a relationship with Him!!! Then and only then will everything set. Who are you to judge another man's servant.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by ENASKI(m): 2:03pm On Nov 06, 2008
If its Gods work and Gods money why do we complain, money was not extorted from any person to build that auditorium.enough of all this crap
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by okunoba(m): 6:51am On Nov 07, 2008
reading the replies to this article saddens me, to see that Nigerians are brain dead. We travel the world yet we pick up nothing good to take back home. How on earth can anybody justify spending $60 millions on a church building when 90% of the population are destitute baffles me. If that is the way we think then it`s no wonder we are where we are. My girlfriend was in tears when I took her to Nigeria, the poverty was too much for her to take. She was not impressed by the big houses in ikoyi, lekki or the several churches and mosque it was more the inhumanity of our society that touched her. To see a few driving a hummer when the majority of the population can`t afford to eat was a shamefull and sad experience for me. Where as the humanity gone? What hope do we have when the self appointed  representatives of god do not care about this issue  poverty in our country just like the leaders. If a church can raise $60 million, wouldn`t it have been better to use the money to build low cost housing for it`s poorest members and the money generated from renting or sales  used to build more houses. Will this not help ease the issue of accommodation and create continuous employment which is what the people need. In Britain we have what u call housing associations which are charity organizations that provide low cost housing for the less well off, the rent they collect is re-invested back to build more houses. Some of these charities are religious organizations. What stops redeemed from doing the same after all alot their members if not most live in these subsidised houses here in Britain. To my knowledge non of the big Nigerian churches here in England have followed this example, but they are always planning on building a bigger church.  We Nigerians are the problem, we praise and hail our leaders who steal government money and scorn and belittle does that refrain from doing the same, we even go as far as calling them mugguns(dumb) for not stealing. Our so called leaders of conscience or rather religion who should be setting a better example are more interested in  building the biggest church so they can collect more money from their hypnotised congregation who are brain dead, so they can have the biggest cars and palaces for themselves and their families.  If the developed world depended on just the government to do everything they will not be where they are today, we are all responsible for the development of our country not just the government. In the western world churches are involve in so many aspect of development, this is what we need, practical solutions to our problems not grandeur churches or mosque. Things like these just shows how stupid and dumb we are. Wake up Africa. don`t let religion replace reason.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by lamdec(f): 1:20pm On Nov 19, 2008
See who is talking,you need to know the stress we go through on the camp ground before this auditorium was built.I can remenber very vividly that there was a convention people were really complaining about the inadequate space,you need to see how we were sweating,a lot of people sat on the floor and on the road from the express road to the auditorium.Now a bigger place is being put and you are complaining,I guess you have no point posting this topic.I am a Redeemed member and I am proud to be.Come 15th-21st December we will be holding our Holy Ghost congress at the Redemption camp-the world largest Auditorium.Theme-Joy Unspeakable.Come and experience Joy unspeakable and you will be greatly blessed
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by KunleOshob(m): 2:17pm On Nov 19, 2008
The money used for building the auditorium would have been much better spent doing God's work. unknown to most christian's God's work is not church planting or building of auditoriums like your pastors would like you to believe. According to Jesus God's work is helping the needy and the less priviledge amongst us. The original reasons for church offerings by the early christians as recorded in the book of Acts 4: 32-35 was to help the needy amongst them but today the church is the last place you would get any assistance as a poor man. The offerings originally meant for the poor as now been highjacked by the church leadership.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by thetruth90: 10:33am On Nov 21, 2008
they are indeed The [b]R[/b]etarded [b]C[/b]ircus [b]C[/b]lowns of the [b]G[/b]O. let them continue to wallow in poverty while the [b]GO[/b]d's son trade with their tithes and offerings in the UK. how easily are the sheep shone! they are indeed sheep in the care of the shephered, they are indeed animals! chikena.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by grandjedi(m): 3:11pm On Nov 21, 2008
The few thots I have on this issue are :
- Have they broken the law of man? NO . The building is perfectly legal as far as I know.
- Did they steal, force, blackmail or coerce anybody into giving money for this project. I don't think so.
- Were any monies that should have accrued to the Federal govt. (or other tiers of govt.) misappropriated or diverted
into the building? As far as I know - NO proof of this has been given.

- Have they broken the law of God?
Now this is where the controversy lies. Those in support of the building will say it was a vision placed in the heart of their G.O. by God. How do we prove or disprove this? Since I was not there with the G.O. when God directed him and I'm not a member of the church I simply can't claim God didn't instruct him to build.

Those not in support of the building have raised a few points:
- the magnitude of the building and amount it took to accomplish it.
- the relative poverty in the country.

One thing with God is that He could be extravagant and he could also be spartan. The same Creator of the richly diverse Amazon jungle made the barren Sahara desert. So personally I have no problems with God doing the grandiose. We all know the expense and detail that went into Solomon's temple. This same God sent John the Baptist into the desert dressed in camel-skin Armani grin and eating locusts (yummy!) with wild honey. I understand that this same ministry (RCCG) that is being associated with opulence supports many missionaries living with the bare necessities of life. Same God, different callings.

Concerning poverty I agree with Kobojunkie on the first 2 pages that poverty should not stop anyone from executing their visions. Billions of dollars are being spent to eradicate extreme poverty yet it is still with us. How many of us will forsake our Thanksgiving turkey or Christmas repast because children are dying of hunger in Darfur? The most you will do is contribute to organisations that are trying to help them rather than saying you won't eat because of that.
Jesus addressed a similar situation in Matt 26:7-13 when a woman sacrificed an alabaster flask of very costly oil (about a year's salary) on Him. Even His disciples said it was a waste and should have been given to the poor. But the Lord answered that the poor will always be amongst us! Meaning that we shouldn't shy away from God-inspired sacrifices b/c we're considering the poor. Of course this doesn't mean we shouldn't help the poor but let's have a proper perspective about things.
From what I hear Redeemed Church also supports charitable organisations.

Maybe a way to test the veracity of the auditorium being God-inspired is what is advocated in Acts 5:38-39 :
"And now I say to you, keep away from these men and let them alone; for if this plan or this work is of men, it will come to nothing;
But if it is of God, you cannot overthrow it - lest you even be found to fight against God."
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by okunoba(m): 7:38pm On Nov 21, 2008
wish u guys will stop your mambo jumbo talk, too much church is making people brain dead.  The Bible is nothing but a book of stories written by humans who claim to be representing God. If Yoruba people had ruled the world like the Europeans and Arabs did in the past, everyone will be worshipping Orunmila, Sango, Yemoja and all the rest of our deities.  If we can`t see the wisdom of spending $60m on something tangible that will help to alleviate poverty instead of some  grandeur church, then the problem of that country is not the politicians or so called leaders, but the mind set of your average Nigerian. No wonder some Nigerian parents abuse then abandon their kids based on "Reverend accusing the child of witchcraft" We are still stock in the dark ages.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Horus(m): 9:23pm On Nov 21, 2008
Church leaders accept tithes in the name of God. They'll say “God needs your help building the church, ” What does god need with a multi-million dollar church? Nothing. These are the same so-called church leaders that you'll find riding in fancy cars, eating the best foods, living in expensive homes and living the life of wealthy people while their followers scrape and struggle to do “God's will” by tithing. These so-called leaders will lead congregations in the worse of the worse neighborhoods and on their way to church to preach on Sundays or Saturdays or whatever day they declare to be the Sabbath, They will step over the homeless or the less fortunate.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Ovamboland(m): 4:14pm On Nov 24, 2008
As much as possble i will refrain from stating my stand yet on the propriety of the large auditorium or otherwise. At least that will keep the hawks on both divides off my back, hoping all can view the salient issues that bothers on our Christianity as practiced in Nigeria.

Giving one's life to Christ is supposed to be a life tranforming experience making us lead Christ-like lives, but can we in all honesty boast that such transformation is visible in Nigeria with increase in Church membership? undecided

Are we positively affecting our society as Christians with our conduct in public places especially?
Do other people (non-christians) observe us and can say our behaviour must be Christ-like or Godly?
Are we truly above the common vices in Nigeria, bribery (police, civil service), one-way driving, beating traffic light, common lies, deceit/dishonesty, disrespect to our fellow man(shouting abuses in traffic) etc.

Take a survey of the average Christian and ask the reason(s) they are in church or crusade, many will say things (if they are honest) like breakthrough, in business, promotion at work, relationship (husband/wife seekers) deliverance from perceived enemies, abundant blessing, fruit of the womb etc. Very few will remember eternal life in Christ, which is His promise to belivers.

In my opinion, God is more pleased with our abilty to tranform the man to be Christ like than any other project.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by KunleOshob(m): 4:37pm On Nov 24, 2008
@Ovamboland
Well written. That is the crux of true christianity which is rarely being preached or practised in Nigeria today.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by mamlaka(m): 12:38pm On Dec 17, 2008
, and the wealth of all the heathen round about shall be gathered together, gold, and silver, and apparel, in great abundance.
Zech 14:14 (KJV)

All the wealth is now going to the Church. That's God's endtime Agenda. The heathens will be selling, we'll be buying and living in houses we didn't build
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by JJYOU: 12:44pm On Dec 17, 2008
mmm name it  claim it.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by mamlaka(m): 12:51pm On Dec 17, 2008
Caution:  To all those who touched God's anointed you must ask God forgive you for ignorance.  It's like fighting God Himself.  Thereafter God decides to take away breath from you.

Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.
Psalms 150:6 (KJV)

As long as you have breath you qualify and are bound to praise God not gripe about God's anointed.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by mamlaka(m): 1:34pm On Dec 17, 2008
For those who think that eternal life begins in heaven, you are still groping in darkness. Some of us are living in heaven on earth. We are winners, always winning, living as though satan never exists. We have contacted the great light.

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. 4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
John 17:3-4 (KJV)

Eternal life is also on earth. It is knowing the only true God and enjoying His benefits on earth.

The essence of salvation and resurrection power of Jesus is not to be called Christ like it is to enjoy your rights in the Kingdom as a bonafide son. MANIFESTATIONS OF THE SONS OF GOD!

Heathens called the first apostles 'christians'. The proper name for God's sons in His kingdom is CITIZENS or AMBASSADORS (on earth) where God is the KING OF KINGS.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by KollyJay(m): 8:25pm On Dec 17, 2008
Wao,  its hard to believe how some pple think here.

To help you out, plz get a book written by Late Rev Kenneth Hagin" Biblical keys to Financial prosperity" and get out of your ignorance.

The other time, another dude was talking about Daddy G.O is about to get a Jet. let me tell U, u guys aint see anything yet!!!!

Peter asked Jesus and said, look master, we have forsaken all and have folled you, whatz our gain, Jesus then reply and say, no one who forsake family, land, business,  etc that, in this world he will receive how many fold? find that out yourself and in the life to come, ETERNAL LIFE,  the main the main,

So when Daddy G.O is getting a Jet or building the largest auditorium, its wot Jesus has promised and by now, Daddy G.O's Jet shldnt be a big deal neither the Auditorium,  He is due for that long ago, pple like pastor Utulu, Pastor Idowu and the rest of the provincial pastor shld be the one talking about Jet by now.

Let me ask you, how many poor people have u help this year?

Anyway, Holy Ghost congress is already started, come enjoy Joy unspeakable n your life will never remain the same in year 2009.

Love U all.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 17, 2008
KollyJay:

To help you out, plz get a book written by Late Rev Kenneth Hagin" Biblical keys to Financial prosperity" and get out of your ignorance.

this is heresy.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by AKO1(m): 9:05pm On Dec 17, 2008
Anyway, Holy Ghost congress is already started, come enjoy Joy unspeakable n your life will never remain the same in year 2009.

And I have to be on that road on Friday, which I assume is the 'grand finale'.

I'm really praying for a miracle to get me to and fro well before night fall.

When they were busy spending money I don't know why it didnt occur to them to invest in decongesting that area of the road. angry
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 17, 2008
KollyJay:

Peter asked Jesus and said, look master, we have forsaken all and have folled you, whatz our gain, Jesus then reply and say, no one who forsake family, land, business, etc that, in this world he will receive how many fold? find that out yourself and in the life to come, ETERNAL LIFE, the main the main,

there is a problem with this blatant distortion of the bible to justify greed.

Now there are two alternatives . . .

1. If indeed your interpretation of that verse is correct, then what are the earthly things that Peter recieved? Houses, chariots, clothes of gold, the largest auditorium in Jerusalem, servants, silver?

Remember the same Peter said to the crippled man - silver and gold have i none!

2. If Peter had no silver or Gold then it would mean Christ LIED to Peter not so?
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by EI(m): 9:53pm On Dec 17, 2008
grand jedi:

. . . Those not in support of the building have raised a few points:
- the magnitude of the building and amount it took to accomplish it.
- the relative poverty in the country.

One thing with God is that He could be extravagant and he could also be spartan. The same Creator of the richly diverse Amazon jungle made the barren Sahara desert. So personally I have no problems with God doing the grandiose. We all know the expense and detail that went into Solomon's temple. This same God sent John the Baptist into the desert . . .

Concerning poverty I agree with Kobojunkie on the first 2 pages that poverty should not stop anyone from executing their visions. Billions of dollars are being spent to eradicate extreme poverty yet it is still with us. How many of us will forsake our Thanksgiving turkey or Christmas repast because children are dying of hunger in Darfur? The most you will do is contribute to organisations that are trying to help them rather than saying you won't eat because of that.
Jesus addressed a similar situation in Matt 26:7-13 when a woman sacrificed an alabaster flask of very costly oil (about a year's salary) on Him. Even His disciples said it was a waste and should have been given to the poor. But the Lord answered that the poor will always be amongst us! Meaning that we shouldn't shy away from God-inspired sacrifices b/c we're considering the poor. Of course this doesn't mean we shouldn't help the poor but let's have a proper perspective about things.
From what I hear Redeemed Church also supports charitable organisations.

Maybe a way to test the veracity of the auditorium being God-inspired is what is advocated in Acts 5:38-39 :
"And now I say to you, keep away from these men and let them alone; for if this plan or this work is of men, it will come to nothing;
But if it is of God, you cannot overthrow it - lest you even be found to fight against God."

God bless you brother, for the very reasonable contribution. It is always a sickening experience peeping under the RELIGION Forum because of the severely degraded levels some go, in outright heresies and unguarded attack on the Christian faith. It is always a choice to believe in life beyond this earthly existence, and eternity. And the Biblical warning that we shall all individually give account of our conduct, words (see below quote) and deeds, here on earth.

Matthew 12
31Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
32And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
36But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
37For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Ovamboland:

. . .Giving one's life to Christ is supposed to be a life tranforming experience making us lead Christ-like lives, but can we in all honesty boast that such transformation is visible in Nigeria with increase in Church membership? undecided

Are we positively affecting our society as Christians with our conduct in public places especially?
Do other people (non-christians) observe us and can say our behaviour must be Christ-like or Godly?
Are we truly above the common vices in Nigeria, bribery (police, civil service), one-way driving, beating traffic light, common lies, deceit/dishonesty, disrespect to our fellow man(shouting abuses in traffic) etc.

Take a survey of the average Christian and ask the reason(s) they are in church or crusade, many will say things (if they are honest) like breakthrough, in business, promotion at work, relationship (husband/wife seekers) deliverance from perceived enemies, abundant blessing, fruit of the womb etc. Very few will remember eternal life in Christ, which is His promise to belivers.

Ovamboland also, has given quite some reasonable and challenging challenges. Yes, salvation and a striving for fellowship and consequent instructions in sustaining our love/life in Christ here, and eternity with Him, should be core of our service and worship. . .
----------------------------------

Anyhow and whatever our personal convictions, the Lord is God! He remains Sovereign. He is Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent.

1 Corinthians 1
18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by KollyJay(m): 2:01am On Dec 18, 2008
Well,

Am not hear to aurge with some proud young Nigerians who luckily made their way to America and instead of thanking God, comes her to use the left hand to point into any good thing that is happening in their Father's land. Whether Peter had gold or not, thatz left to him but as for me, I will rather go with the word that has gone out of Jesus mouth.

Thank U.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Prophet Dancing, Rocking A Lady At A Wedding In Ekiti / Installation Of New Catholic Bishop In Ekwulobia Anambra Amid COVID-19 Pandemic / Police Arrest Onyebuchi Okocha, aka "Onyeze Jesus"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.