Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,943 members, 7,821,306 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

My Pregnancy Story - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Pregnancy Story (11906 Views)

How Do I Induce My Pregnancy Myself? / How To Avoid Pregnancy Naturally / Have I Lost My Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pregnancy Story by mirob(f): 4:35pm On Aug 01, 2012
Still waiting for God's Miracle.
Re: My Pregnancy Story by Kanou(f): 5:15pm On Aug 01, 2012
Speechless...

The obstacles look endless, yet you held... GOD is able!!
Re: My Pregnancy Story by recruitmnt: 6:22pm On Aug 01, 2012
I just remembered that I had placenta abruption in my 1st pregnancy sef *phew* and lost so much blood... Had to be transfused

They said it was 'proteinous' or something like that, meaning no cause for the abruption was found, so my new doctor really careful as I was very very high risk.
Praise God with me, the contractions stopped and I was discharged a week later to continue strict bed rest. I did everything on the bed. My doctor said if I got to 28 weeks, it would be a miracle.

To cut my very long story short, I was induced at 38 weeks due to high blood pressure

Today as I look at the most beautiful baby in the world and I mean this, not because am his mum, I am grateful to the most high for counting me worthy enough to be bring this jewel to the world, one he miraculously saved from the cold hands of death. I know I prayed for a testimony that would lead people to Christ, little did I know how steep the journey would be in order to share this testimony. I am most grateful to the King of Kings. 

The MD confirmed that in all his years of practice he has never seen such a miracle. The hospital staff still call my son baby miracle. Only God could have done this. smiley

21 Likes

Re: My Pregnancy Story by mirob(f): 7:48pm On Aug 01, 2012
PRAISE THE MOST HIGH GOD for this miracle baby!
Re: My Pregnancy Story by shababysha: 8:12pm On Aug 01, 2012
Hmmmmmm. What an amazing testimony. This is where faith works
Re: My Pregnancy Story by maran1983(f): 8:34pm On Aug 01, 2012
Wow, this is truly awesome. In all, I judge God faithful indeed.
Re: My Pregnancy Story by bikay(f): 9:11pm On Aug 01, 2012
I'm so happy for you. May God bless ur home n ur bundle of joy.He will continue to b a source of inspiration to the parents. Congrats
Re: My Pregnancy Story by omogemi: 9:15pm On Aug 01, 2012
to b honest, i was speechless frm the beginning to the end. Ur son is truly a miracle. I credit ur courage. God is truly awesome. Acc to His word; those that trust in him shall never be put to shame. . U r indeed a testimony.
Re: My Pregnancy Story by zill(f): 10:26pm On Aug 01, 2012
So happy for you. Congratulations.
Re: My Pregnancy Story by Nobody: 12:18am On Aug 02, 2012
receuitmnt, i bless God for your life. Doctors could not take him away, no evil will take him away in Jesus name. am really lifted with your testimony.
Re: My Pregnancy Story by Nobody: 12:33am On Aug 02, 2012
Ūя̲̅ son iz indeed a miracle,I bless God for Ūя̲̅ life.congratulations †☺ u!!
Re: My Pregnancy Story by recruitmnt: 7:10am On Aug 02, 2012
Thanks people... You know what I've really learnt? As a person, you have to be sure of what you want and hold on in the face of adversity. DO NOT let anyone, whether doctors, pastors, friends make your faith waiver. Just keep holding on and believing... Although it was very hard oooo. Even pastors told nme to let go that God will do another one, but I still held on believing... And indeed he was true to his word

2 Likes

Re: My Pregnancy Story by traeces(m): 7:23am On Aug 02, 2012
As i read through ur story, I realised afresh d power of God's word and so much more its integrity when faith handles it. I bet d story would've been different if u agreed wit d doctors(d most sensible thing given d circumstance) but faith would've been truncated & we would've been getting wrong notions of God & word. Thanks for demonstrating to us how to do it. God bless u & ur family.
Re: My Pregnancy Story by Nwa2020: 8:42am On Aug 02, 2012
God really prove himself in your life. Ur baby is going to be a blessing, he shall bring testimony to the family and not shame in your family. I praise God for you and ur household. WELCOME TO THE WORLD BABY MIRACLE.
Re: My Pregnancy Story by recruitmnt: 8:58am On Aug 02, 2012
traeces: As i read through ur story, I realised afresh d power of God's word and so much more its integrity when faith handles it. I bet d story would've been different if u agreed wit d doctors(d most sensible thing given d circumstance) but faith would've been truncated & we would've been getting wrong notions of God & word. Thanks for demonstrating to us how to do it. God bless u & ur family.

True, faith would have been truncated but please note that the first time, I listened to the doctors (they know more than us and they are there to help us). I only held on to my faith the second time because I was 100% sure that God had spoken to me.

I really don't know how to explain this. I don't want to send a wrong message saying we should always ignore our doctors advice, yet I want to say Gods word is true.. Someone should help me pass my message in the right way smiley
Re: My Pregnancy Story by diamondlove: 10:24am On Aug 02, 2012
cry cry cry
Re: My Pregnancy Story by nenepea(f): 10:36am On Aug 02, 2012
Wow! Yur testimony is a prove dat God is really a miracle working God! I praise God for yur faith and the life of yur baby.
Re: My Pregnancy Story by oluite(f): 11:50am On Aug 02, 2012
Your testimony is so amazing left me speechless and emotional.Its a miracle and God truly honors faith in his word.Thanking God for giving you the grace to hold on.Congrats on this wonderful miracle.God bless you,your precious gift from God and your entire family.Please kindly share this link on TTC thread
Re: My Pregnancy Story by maclatunji: 12:23pm On Aug 02, 2012
recruitmnt: Thanks people... You know what I've really learnt? As a person, you have to be sure of what you want and hold on in the face of adversity. DO NOT let anyone, whether doctors, pastors, friends make your faith waiver. Just keep holding on and believing... Although it was very hard oooo. Even pastors told nme to let go that God will do another one, but I still held on believing... And indeed he was true to his word

Hold it there!cheesy Yes, we thank God for his blessings on you and your child but now it is time to face hard cold reality. For every case like yours, there are over hundred that died on the way. It would be foolhardy to advise anybody to follow the same path as yours just because yours came-out successful. Remember it is a miracle, not a daily occurrence. There have been millions of women who had more faith than you and didn't make it.

I am not trying to rubbish anything you have said. However, this post is for those who might be in similar situations as you were. Listen: don't put your life at unreasonable risk. If you do, you just might lose it!

Yes! Have faith, get proper medical care, get second, third or even fourth opinions and if it doesn't count in your favour, follow the expert advice as it is in your interest. Unfortunately, dead people don't give testimonies but if they could, I am sure millions of women who have gone by that route would agree with me.

Peace!

cheesy

N.B: Once again recruitmnt, it is nothing personal. May God bless you and your baby. smiley

2 Likes

Re: My Pregnancy Story by recruitmnt: 12:30pm On Aug 02, 2012
^Thank you soo much! Yes I will share it once I get to my laptop... You could help me if ure able to. Thnks
Re: My Pregnancy Story by recruitmnt: 12:46pm On Aug 02, 2012
maclatunji:

Hold it there!cheesy Yes, we thank God for his blessings on you and your child but now it is time to face hard cold reality. For every case like yours, there are over hundred that died on the way. It would be foolhardy to advise anybody to follow the same path as yours just because yours came-out successful. Remember it is a miracle, not a daily occurrence. There have been millions of women who had more faith than you and didn't make it.

I am not trying to rubbish anything you have said. However, this post is for those who might be in similar situations as you were. Listen: don't put your life at unreasonable risk. If you do, you just might lose it!

Yes! Have faith, get proper medical care, get second, third or even fourth opinions and if it doesn't count in your favour, follow the expert advice as it is in your interest. Unfortunately, dead people don't give testimonies but if they could, I am sure millions of women who have gone by that route would agree with me.

Peace!

cheesy

N.B: Once again recruitmnt, it is nothing personal. May God bless you and your baby. smiley
recruitmnt:

True, faith would have been truncated but please note that the first time, I listened to the doctors (they know more than us and they are there to help us). I only held on to my faith the second time because I was 100% sure that God had spoken to me.

I really don't know how to explain this. I don't want to send a wrong message saying we should always ignore our doctors advice, yet I want to say Gods word is true.. Someone should help me pass my message in the right way smiley

Mac, seems you overlooked this post smiley

I 100% agree with mac, remember I wrote I don't know if I was suicidal but my own life seemed unimportant at a stage. Mine was a peculiar case

Please we should listen to our docs too
Re: My Pregnancy Story by maclatunji: 1:11pm On Aug 02, 2012
^Yup! You're right, I didn't see that post. Nonetheless, it's important people don't go jumping to the conclusion that they can risk their lives like "recruitment did". Na at their risk O.

recruitmnt don tell una O.
Re: My Pregnancy Story by udoka2: 4:11pm On Aug 02, 2012
Congrats my sis for your LO. what you went thru is better imagined than experienced. Praises and Glory be to GOD alone!
Re: My Pregnancy Story by uyogabie(f): 7:43pm On Aug 02, 2012
What an awesome story of faith!may God bless u richly and your Baby!
Re: My Pregnancy Story by honeyfave: 4:13pm On Aug 03, 2012
Thank God for your Life. You are a convenant child. I passed through high risk pregnancy too, this makes my faith to be stronger in our Lord Jesus Christ. People always rededicate their lives to christ anytime I share my testimony. If God reveals to you in a dream or vision(personal encounter with HIM)that he has done it hold on to his words because he is the one that gives a perfect gift.
Re: My Pregnancy Story by traeces(m): 6:24pm On Aug 03, 2012
recruitmnt:

I am completely in agreement wit u on d need to listen to d experts. At d same time i commend for believing God enuf to disregard doctors' opinions.
Re: My Pregnancy Story by WAVixen: 7:18pm On Aug 03, 2012
My dear, my sister went through much as well. She started the thread TTC, until you see someone go through it before you know how harrowing an experience it is. My sister na God give you that man. To imagine I was complaining of peeing to much while pregnant. embarassed
Re: My Pregnancy Story by Kemond11: 7:54pm On Aug 03, 2012
This is indeed a miracle,God bless u and your baby
Re: My Pregnancy Story by agiboma(f): 8:10pm On Aug 03, 2012
WOW is all i can say i am so blown away by the struggle and your constant beleif in g-d. you are so right when you are facing such odds g-d is your only strength. Thanks for sharing btw where are you located i am also looking for a high risk hospital
Re: My Pregnancy Story by adetunrayo(f): 12:07pm On Aug 04, 2012
I praise God for this miracle. God is ever faithful and answers prayer. This is faith at work. congrats.

mine is on the way.

1 Like

Re: My Pregnancy Story by recruitmnt: 1:27pm On Aug 04, 2012
Thanks people....

Agi, how u dey? Am in Lagos o
Re: My Pregnancy Story by Kaynee: 3:39pm On Aug 14, 2012
Recruitment am really touched by your story. My dear its better imagined than lived, God is indeed very powerful and remember He honours his word " heaven and earth will pass away but my word will not, it must acomplish its purpose" may God bless you and your baby. God's word is indeed powerful.Like you said we should always seek expert's advice and equally have faith in God

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Ways Being Outdoors Improves Your Health / Taraba Government Confirms Lassa Fever Outbreak / Lala Foundation Donates Relief Materials To Bayelsa Community (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.