Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign (12416 Views)

‎See The Words of Femi Gbajabiamila that Returned to Hunt Him / Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position / PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by dedeike: 1:42pm On Jul 27, 2012
The issue is that he is an ex convict. The allegations against him are weighty and border on qualification.
Since he has a bad criminal record, he has no place in that hallowed chamber.
He either resigns or get kicked out.
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by HammedSodiqq: 1:48pm On Jul 27, 2012
In a moral society, only those with sound character are given responsibilities, and when they err, they honorably resign, so as not to plunge the whole system into trouble. Here, we celebrate criminals, we even shield them from prosecution. The call for resignation by PDP is commendable, but it should extend to others.
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by Eltonluigi(m): 1:50pm On Jul 27, 2012
Ok! Dude was called out because he was name-droppin' Jonathan. So they didn't have problem with his former conduct before now?
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:54pm On Jul 27, 2012
Eltonluigi: Ok! Dude was called out because he was name-droppin' Jonathan. So they didn't have problem with his former conduct before now?

Ask dem oooh grin
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by embason(m): 1:56pm On Jul 27, 2012
All of them are rogue as for as Nigerians are concerned. All of them should be recalled and replaced. Infact, the house stings.
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by 175(m): 2:01pm On Jul 27, 2012
floriana: Peeped in, saw members of the 40 laptop squad only. Wrong room. Zooms off!

did same thing but gave dem all some dirty slaps b4 zooming off
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by Elueme: 2:02pm On Jul 27, 2012
Idokojimmy:

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/44918-indictment-pdp-gives-gbajabiamila-14-day-ultimatum-to-resign

The question that calls to mind is, is he the only thief in the House? Has Farouk or Hembe been kicked out? Is it ethical to harbor Criminals in the National Assembly? Will it be ideal if Gbajabiamila remains in the House? What is the best or Honourable thing to do when you are accused of corruption, or openly admit that you erred?
The pointer here is all have erred and has fallen shorts in morality.. When you pull the speck on another's eye ensure your own vision is not at default ... The point here is the level of bias and politics of pull him down going on in the polity could consume our still growing democracy soon.. With all fairness the nonsensical call for impeachment on the president is most rediculous in all ramifications considering the reason.. In as much as govt is no saint but we as a people must be realists rather than having idealistic views on governance..considering the high level of non performance of budget in previous dispensations owing to unchecked corruption that is why the office of the co ordinating minister is taken time for performance monitoring before money is released fetitiously and who says that it is only monetary disbursement that makes up budgetary performance? GBABIAJAMILA and his clique should stop making a mockery of our legislatures by asking for 100% budget implementation in a mid year when budget itself is projected on income accruing to govt . By september only abt 65-75% of the expected income would have been realized.. That not withstanding are you aware that the country spent almost the first quarter of the year on carried Overbudget from2011 fiscal year? I thought they were intelligent otherwise they would have looked for a more sensical reason to shake the president because I know the boys are hungry and needed t o make some noise to wet the palm...
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by dtemidare: 2:03pm On Jul 27, 2012
The BAGGAR SHOULD GO.
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 27, 2012
Hon Gbajabiamila was never tried in the Supreme court, it was a disciplinary committee that suspended him from practice for 36months for professional misconduct pertaining to safekeeping, co-mingling of funds and allowing others to handle client's money. This is not a criminal offence and so has been restated to practice in Georgia afterwards. It should be noted that if it was a criminal offence Hon Femi Gbajabiamila would not be allowed to practice law in the state.

Here is a copy of the letter issued by the State Bar of Georgia concerning this issue.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by Afamokoye: 2:04pm On Jul 27, 2012
Alot hv been happening,since d oll probe.only wey d rhouse reprentative in to prove his/her crdt worth.. Is, nt corvering,ther frmds ad re-lative. D hse is nigeria,nigeria is the house
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by israelbenzion: 2:07pm On Jul 27, 2012
boyendowed:

Good question but I believe someone like Abike Dabiri-Elewa should be different

Until u hear her own one day too.
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by jamace(m): 2:10pm On Jul 27, 2012
boyendowed:

Good question but I believe someone like Abike Dabiri-Elewa should be different
The only good person in the NASS is the one that has resigned from that office. Is there anyone that has resigned that I am not aware of? Then that is the good one. Please name the person for me. Waiting.......

Oooh! none, not even one. All of them have sinned and come short of the glory of leadership. sad
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by teskyg: 2:14pm On Jul 27, 2012
I am seeing Femi Gbaja,hope it will not be like James Ibori change of name palavar with his Prison record?ACN habour criminals and rascals just like their mentor.
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by Delafruita(m): 2:15pm On Jul 27, 2012
bubadaniel13: Let's remove sentiments Gbajabiamila is a dirty politician pls let his people recall him and give someone clean their mandate.This house self,like dai na criminals they go pack ther....
i wonder why people just make comment without asking their brain for permission.
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by tessyade: 2:17pm On Jul 27, 2012
Billyonaire: The question is; Who isn't a thief in the House of Reps ?
I was about to ask the same question. To think that these people with a lot of skeleton in their cupboard are busy looking for who to impeach.
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by uncleb(m): 2:19pm On Jul 27, 2012
Mumu people.

They never asked Farouk to resign.

Their National PDP chairman was indicted in the fuel subsidy scandal, he was never asked to resign.

Akala looted Oyo to the dismay of all and sundry, nothing was done.

Ibori, OGD all of them + including iyabo (Halliburton abi na wetin dem call am)
Na Femi them now fee talk say mak him resign

PDP, clean your own house first
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 27, 2012
Hon Femi Gbajabiamila is not a criminal and was never an ex-convict. GEJ and his boys are trying to tint this man's image just because he used the provision of the constitution to ask the president to deliver on the dividends of democracy by honourably asking the president to implement the budget by 100%. It is the reponsibility of the lawmakers to put the executives on their toes letting them know that 30-40% budget implemention is no more acceptable this time around. This has to done so that the executives will know that the era of impunity is gone, the people must ask for what is due them, exactly what Hon. Femi Gbajbiamila is doing.
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by Delafruita(m): 2:21pm On Jul 27, 2012
dedeike: The issue is that he is an ex convict. The allegations against him are weighty and border on qualification.
Since he has a bad criminal record, he has no place in that hallowed chamber.
He either resigns or get kicked out.
mumu.oya present evidence of his criminal record.the matter was one of misconduct.the man willingly returned to georgia to face the panel and accepted responsibility.his license was suspended and the suspension has since elapsed.besides the said amount was paid to the client in question less his 33% legal fee.all this was already published in his autobiography.i guess peedeepee didnt know the man had already published it in his autobiography
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by jumobi1(m): 2:21pm On Jul 27, 2012
Gbaja's case could be an honest mistake

2 Likes

Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by KingGeorge1: 2:38pm On Jul 27, 2012
Am tired of these Gbajabites,Faroukites n Hembetites in our national assembley.................so Dishonourable in nature!
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by lookmangiw(m): 2:39pm On Jul 27, 2012
Peruseman: the report said suspended for 36 months from practice. It has become a norm in nigeria that once u speak out against wrong doing, they will come after u. When will learn to comment and reason thd right way.
exactly, my thoughts, this is just a case of witchhunting. Nothing more.
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by ubandire(m): 2:39pm On Jul 27, 2012
GBAJIABIAMILA, TINUBU AND CO WERE ALL CRIMINALS IN US BEFORE RETURN TO DEMOCRACY IN 1999. so I'm not surprised.
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by edogu(m): 2:41pm On Jul 27, 2012
@op: Obasanjo was right anyway. House of thieves
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by Mekusnwa: 2:42pm On Jul 27, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin. I no fit shout. So this man wey dey speak plenty grammar for House get this kind bad record? Nigeria is a funny country. So no body holy pass my broda.
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by lookmangiw(m): 2:46pm On Jul 27, 2012
Billyonaire: The question is; Who isn't a thief in the House of Reps ?
and who is not corrupt in the Jonathan led exco, laptop no 3.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by Baawaa(m): 2:50pm On Jul 27, 2012
sdiq: USELESS PEOPLE NOW THEM GO TALK SAY MAKE WE COME VOTE FOR THEM I CAN MENTION ATLEAST ONE OF OUR POLITICIAN WHO IS A CREDIT CARD FRAUDSTER (AMUNIKORO OLAWALE, AGEGE CONSITUENCY) HE HIS A FOMER MENBER HOUSE OF REP THIS GUY EVEN OPEN CYBER CAFE FOR YAHOO BOYS WHICH I HAVE PROVE SO WITH ALL THIS THING HAPPNEING IN OUR HOUSE OF REP THAT MEANS THEY ARE ALL BARAWO
If you have solid proof you can report him to EFCC,but mind you the thing may backfire grin grin
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by dedeike: 3:01pm On Jul 27, 2012
Delafruita:
mumu.oya present evidence of his criminal record.the matter was one of misconduct.the man willingly returned to georgia to face the panel and accepted responsibility.his license was suspended and the suspension has since elapsed.besides the said amount was paid to the client in question less his 33% legal fee.all this was already published in his autobiography.i guess peedeepee didnt know the man had already published it in his autobiography
Anuohia! If you still had some little sense in that your empty skull, you would infer from his own defence that this man has a serious case to answer.
He said he changed his name from Gbajabiamila to GBAJA in order to make it easy for the white man to pronounce. Who is fooling who? Whiteman dey pronounce wojciesh sceszkny , chimamanda Adichie,. So it is Gbajabiamila that will be difficult for them? Tell it to the birds.

From his own defence, he admitted liability to the unprofessional charges. And he tried trivializing such a weighty allegation as embezzling clients money.
This offence goes beyond mere ethics to criminality. What Gbajabiamila failed to tell us is that he duped a client in US. of course, he was indicted and he decided to change his name in Nigeria so as to scale the hurdles of SSS screening for the Elections. BIG CRIMINAL!
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by Baawaa(m): 3:09pm On Jul 27, 2012
Elueme: The pointer here is all have erred and has fallen shorts in morality.. When you pull the speck on another's eye ensure your own vision is not at default ... The point here is the level of bias and politics of pull him down going on in the polity could consume our still growing democracy soon.. With all fairness the nonsensical call for impeachment on the president is most rediculous in all ramifications considering the reason.. In as much as govt is no saint but we as a people must be realists rather than having idealistic views on governance..considering the high level of non performance of budget in previous dispensations owing to unchecked corruption that is why the office of the co ordinating minister is taken time for performance monitoring before money is released fetitiously and who says that it is only monetary disbursement that makes up budgetary performance? GBABIAJAMILA and his clique should stop making a mockery of our legislatures by asking for 100% budget implementation in a mid year when budget itself is projected on income accruing to govt . By september only abt 65-75% of the expected income would have been realized.. That not withstanding are you aware that the country spent almost the first quarter of the year on carried Overbudget from2011 fiscal year? I thought they were intelligent otherwise they would have looked for a more sensical reason to shake the president because I know the boys are hungry and needed t o make some noise to wet the palm...
They are all thieves,starting from number one man,i means GEJ.
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by poj(m): 3:13pm On Jul 27, 2012
alaoeri: If Gbaja is to resign & what's farouk, hembe still doing?
i wonder o.
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by msdos1(m): 3:16pm On Jul 27, 2012
gbogbo wa pata ni mola eniti ile mo ba ni barawo.... ms-dos says so......
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by Johndoe100(m): 3:17pm On Jul 27, 2012
dtemidare: The BAGGAR SHOULD GO.

You see these yaribs and ACN thugs? thieving and robbing is alright if you are one of them, but if you are in PDP, boy you are the worst.
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 27, 2012
I think many people here went to night school, they don't understand the nitty gritty of a case before they start typing without using the brain! The letter below has proved that Hon Femi Gbajabiamila is not an ex-convict and was never tried in the Supreme court. He was only suspended from practising and the suspension has been lifted which is what the second paragraph of the letter is saying

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race / Osinbajo Meets Dogara, Reps Behind Closed Door / 2019 Election: Magnus Abe’s Name Missing In Inec’s Rivers Guber List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.