Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign (12417 Views)

‎See The Words of Femi Gbajabiamila that Returned to Hunt Him / Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position / PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by blackbeau1(f): 3:18pm On Jul 27, 2012
drama! drama!! drama!!!
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by TrueNaijaguy: 3:19pm On Jul 27, 2012
dedeike: The issue is that he is an ex convict. The allegations against him are weighty and border on qualification.
Since he has a bad criminal record, he has no place in that hallowed chamber.
He either resigns or get kicked out.

Gbam!!!
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by Johndoe100(m): 3:28pm On Jul 27, 2012
koastar: I think many people here went to night school, they don't understand the nitty gritty of a case before they start typing without using the brain! The letter below has proved that Hon Femi Gbajabiamila is not an ex-convict and was never tried in the Supreme court. He was only suspended from practising and the suspension has been lifted which is what the second paragraph of the letter is saying

[size=22pt]]HE CHOPPED THE MONEY THAT IS WHAT IS IMPORTANT - CHOPPING MONEY IS A CRIME EVEN IF YOU REFUND IT FOOOOOOOOOOOOL.[/size]
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 27, 2012
Billyonaire: The question is; Who isn't a thief in the House of Reps ?
Hon. Patricia Eteh. Remember she was not removed for stealing any money but for renovating her house with 'just N40 million'. .lol
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by TrueNaijaguy: 3:30pm On Jul 27, 2012
uncleb: Mumu people.

They never asked Farouk to resign.

Their National PDP chairman was indicted in the fuel subsidy scandal, he was never asked to resign.

Akala looted Oyo to the dismay of all and sundry, nothing was done.

Ibori, OGD all of them + including iyabo (Halliburton abi na wetin dem call am)
Na Femi them now fee talk say mak him resign

PDP, clean your own house first

Since ACN practice holier than thou politics, it will be wise if the resignation spree starts from them. If they say they are truly the right substitute for the ruling party they should show Nigerians why they are.

Are you telling me that because PDP members that had stains didn't resign theirs won't? What then is the difference? Hypocrisy is the mother of all corrupt practices.

Lai Mohammed will never make a comment on this because he's from ACN. Bet me, this [b]''room and parlour' [/b]party will never rule us.
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by Reptyle(m): 3:53pm On Jul 27, 2012
dedeike: The issue is that he is an ex convict. The allegations against him are weighty and border on qualification.
Since he has a bad criminal record, he has no place in that hallowed chamber.
He either resigns or get kicked out.

I think the question to ask is what exactly makes one a convict?

Mr. Gbajabiamila was sanctioned for a breach of professional ethics by a professional body of lawyers...not by a court of law. I do not think there is any aspect of our law that bars him legally from contesting for public office based on his temporary suspension from practice. (Please correct me if I am wrong.)I do not think an indictment for unprofessional conduct necessarily constitutes a "bad criminal record" as you call it. Or am I missing something?

Anyway, he is still in the house for now so he is going to be moving the impeachment motion if the FG is unable to prove 100% implementation of the budget after the deadline given. It is up to his constituency to arrange his recall before then since he wont be resigning his appointment.

http://odili.net/news/source/2012/jul/26/826.html

1 Like

Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by FJCRUISER: 3:55pm On Jul 27, 2012
the important ting is dat no tief shd b allowed to survive again anywhere in naija period. u can not be suspended if u did not commit a crime . u all shd remember ur secondary skool days joor. he pleaded gulty, d fact is dat he shd gif d name of d second tief( d paralegal) if not he is d tief. dis one no b magic at all , he can't do d more u look d less u c.
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by stokolie(m): 4:05pm On Jul 27, 2012
it is a shame that in this age and time people could still comment on issue without an atom of intelligence.
according to the report he was suspended from active practice in the states. which is not actually any attorney's dream. that the report never mention him been trial before a grand jury. only that he was suspended.
based on this fact. the Nigeria constitution never stipulated that anyone whose proffessional carrier had been suspended is not fit to hold elective office.
Arm with this, IMO the call by the PDP's for him to resign is an attempt to cause diversion from the impeachment proceeding initiated by the hon.
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by OmoTier1(m): 4:05pm On Jul 27, 2012
I can see Beaf and the 40 Cyber gangster of PDP decent are on full swing today! What do you expect, month wan end...dem need to prove their worth to Oga GEJ so them go send 'em so brown envelopes too cool cool Abi hunger no dey do big boys lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by Delafruita(m): 4:32pm On Jul 27, 2012
dedeike:
Anuohia! If you still had some little sense in that your empty skull, you would infer from his own defence that this man has a serious case to answer.
He said he changed his name from Gbajabiamila to GBAJA in order to make it easy for the white man to pronounce. Who is fooling who? Whiteman dey pronounce wojciesh sceszkny , chimamanda Adichie,. So it is Gbajabiamila that will be difficult for them? Tell it to the birds.

From his own defence, he admitted liability to the unprofessional charges. And he tried trivializing such a weighty allegation as embezzling clients money.
This offence goes beyond mere ethics to criminality. What Gbajabiamila failed to tell us is that he duped a client in US. of course, he was indicted and he decided to change his name in Nigeria so as to scale the hurdles of SSS screening for the Elections. BIG CRIMINAL!
how does changing his name become a crime?besides he didnt change his name.its a common practice among africans to make their names easy to pronounce for the foreigners especially when your livelihood depends on their patronage.some even dump their native names for either their christian or english names.its not too difficult to understand unless you're a bigotted bozo
mumu,if he duped a client and changed his name to escape,how come he returned to georgia within just a few months after the complaint was made?how come the georgia bar had a forwarding address?so you mean if you're on the run,you'd leave a forwarding address and then go to face the charges.you must be stu/pider than i thought
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by FJCRUISER: 4:51pm On Jul 27, 2012
Omo_Tier1: I can see Beaf and the 40 Cyber gangster of PDP decent are on full swing today! What do you expect, month wan end...dem need to prove their worth to Oga GEJ so them go send 'em so brown envelopes too cool cool Abi hunger no dey do big boys lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

ol boy Gbaja don settle u with d one him get b4 d house recess . so make every one work fr him own belly too. abi u b mumu or want guys to die with hunga ?

1 Like

Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by henrysam(m): 5:08pm On Jul 27, 2012
Nairalander, bunch of educated illiterates disorientated by ethnic ism. Where is the future of this country? Lord have mercy
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by ibsmooth: 5:23pm On Jul 27, 2012
PDP can't stop but make me laugh,they knew he had this,you allowed him into your party and occupied such position until impeachment notice was served to their president,it suffice.Useless people and party.Your days are numbered,2015 around the corner.Infact,bodies will be exhumed in some cases because those that has caused hardship on Nigerians will suffer when the peoples' government come to be.The law will catch up with them
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by dedeike: 5:34pm On Jul 27, 2012
Delafruita:
how does changing his name become a crime?besides he didnt change his name.its a common practice among africans to make their names easy to pronounce for the foreigners especially when your livelihood depends on their patronage.some even dump their native names for either their christian or english names.its not too difficult to understand unless you're a bigotted bozo
mumu,if he duped a client and changed his name to escape,how come he returned to georgia within just a few months after the complaint was made?how come the georgia bar had a forwarding address?so you mean if you're on the run,you'd leave a forwarding address and then go to face the charges.you must be stu/pider than i thought

As usual, all hot air and no substance. You must be a criminal like him. Because its only a criminally minded fellow that sees no problem in changing names like clothes.
You commit crime with one name and you switch to another. criminal!

Does his frequent visits to Georgia vitiate his indictment for such a grave offence as embezzling client's money?
Isn't it clear to your delusioned mind that all this switching of names is to avoid details of his criminal background to the SSS in Nigeria? Criminals!

1 Like

Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by Akiika: 5:40pm On Jul 27, 2012
This PDP people are so funny! Gbaja should resign? remember Omisore, a murderer that won a senate seat from prison under your party name. If we have to use same criteria for resignation...then there will be no single PDP person in any elective post again. All of you should continue the charade, the long arm of public justice is around the corner.
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by dedeike: 5:44pm On Jul 27, 2012
ibsmooth: PDP can't stop but make me laugh,they knew he had this,you allowed him into your party and occupied such position until impeachment notice was served to their president,it suffice.Useless people and party.Your days are numbered,2015 around the corner.Infact,bodies will be exhumed in some cases because those that has caused hardship on Nigerians will suffer when the peoples' government come to be.The law will catch up with them
Another confused and ignorant fellow on the loose. Mr. FEMI GBAJABIAMILA or MR. GBAJA as the case may be has never been a member of PDP.
If he was a member of PDP, he wouldn't have escaped the internal screening by the party before primaries with this criminal history.
He is a die in the wool ACN member.
ACN is a safe heaven for such dubious characters. And they thrive there because of the absence of primaries.
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by Delafruita(m): 5:49pm On Jul 27, 2012
dedeike:

As usual, all hot air and no substance. You must be a criminal like him. Because its only a criminally minded fellow that sees no problem in changing names like clothes.
You commit crime with one name and you switch to another. criminal!

Does his frequent visits to Georgia vitiate his indictment for such a grave offence as embezzling client's money?
Isn't it clear to your delusioned mind that all this switching of names is to avoid details of his criminal background to the SSS in Nigeria? Criminals!
you're just a clown.what business does the SSS have in investigating the background of an aspirant for election to national assembly?the only grounds upon which a person will be ineligible to contest election is clearly stated in the constituition and it doesnt include security check by the SSS.
besides even if he shortened his name,does that erase his employment history?does that erase his past?didnt he list his employment and educational history in the required forms for INEC?did he say he worked in space?did he falsify his employment records?
you should use that thing called a brain

1 Like

Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by lookmangiw(m): 6:08pm On Jul 27, 2012
FJCRUISER:
ol boy Gbaja don settle u with d one him get b4 d house recess . so make every one work fr him own belly too. abi u b mumu or want guys to die with hunga ?
and here come another member of the 40 laptop group.
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by Feemmy(m): 6:11pm On Jul 27, 2012
This is total rubish is, it because this guy move the impeachement motion that is why PDP want him to resign? Nigeria is a funny country. But i know they knew this before and they did not ask him to resign, i think this country still have a long way to go if things continue to happen this way.
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by lookmangiw(m): 6:13pm On Jul 27, 2012
dedeike:
Another confused and ignorant fellow on the loose. Mr. FEMI GBAJABIAMILA or MR. GBAJA as the case may be has never been a member of PDP.
If he was a member of PDP, he wouldn't have escaped the internal screening by the party before primaries with this criminal history.
He is a die in the wool ACN member.
ACN is a safe heaven for such dubious characters. And they thrive there because of the absence of primaries.
confirmed madman,gbam
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by lookmangiw(m): 6:16pm On Jul 27, 2012
This thread was created of the 40 laptop group, by the laptop group and for the 40 laptop group.
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by philips70(m): 6:22pm On Jul 27, 2012
Billyonaire: The question is; Who isn't a thief in the House of Reps ?

The question is who is not a thief in the whole of Nigerian government?
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by FJCRUISER: 6:26pm On Jul 27, 2012
lookmangiw: and here come another member of the 40 laptop group.
WEEKEND DON HAPPEN FR UR END WITH SMALL CHANGE FR UR POCKET.HW DARE U REFER TO ME LIKE DAT ? MUMU. WEN D TRUTH IS TOLD ONE IS TAGGED 40 LAPTOP BY D WAY AM AN APPLE PERSON . LET HIM USE D CLIENT PROCEEDS TO UPGRADE U ,ODE. OR PARALEGAL DON ABSCONE AGAIN. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHAME
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by princenayo: 6:41pm On Jul 27, 2012
Feemmy: This is total rubish is, it because this guy move the impeachement motion that is why PDP want him to resign? Nigeria is a funny country. But i know they knew this before and they did not ask him to resign, i think this country still have a long way to go if things continue to happen this way.
My guy the issue is that since he knws he has a dubious character, he should have kept his mouth shut. Thief dey call another person thief. Look now AGbada don hoke wire.
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by Beaf: 7:08pm On Jul 27, 2012
Billyonaire:
The question is; Who isn't a thief in the House of Reps ?

That is the salient question.

I really pity Nigeria in the hands of those guys. It is weird how we only concern ourselves with governorship and Presidential elections, forgetting that our reps and even LG's could be of life and death important to citizen or country.

Imagine a thief like Gbajabia etc actually attempting to overturn the wishes of the majority and impeach the President. embarassed
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by Delafruita(m): 7:09pm On Jul 27, 2012
Beaf:

That is the salient question.

I really pity Nigeria in the hands of those guys. It is weird how we only concern ourselves with governorship and Presidential elections, forgetting that our reps and even LG's could be of life and death important to citizen or country.

Imagine a thief like Gbajabia etc actually attempting to overturn the wishes of the majority and impeach the President. embarassed
seriously
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by phildon: 7:49pm On Jul 27, 2012
jmaine:

Men get yabs oo! grin
Why is this cal for his resignation now? Why now?
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by 2mch(m): 8:01pm On Jul 27, 2012
So in essence are the 40 laptops now saying a report done by SAHARA REPORTERS is legit? ok, noted. grin

1 Like

Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by Vernor(m): 9:04pm On Jul 27, 2012
Pple talk here as if dey dont have past, they talk as if they are saint or angel, let d sw fedefe keep quiet, where were they when hembe and facrook, im not here to surport gbaja but let us face it all d money left by obj whr are dey + d subsidy money, if jona cant manage funds properly wot do u think will happen to babies we hav now, their future morgaged because he cant think, no jobs for our youth due to d foolishnes of pple in power. Until we call a spàde a spade. I wish we can stand up like d arab spring.
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by boladez(m): 9:42pm On Jul 27, 2012
Vernor: Pple talk here as if dey dont have past, they talk as if they are saint or angel, let d sw fedefe keep quiet, where were they when hembe and facrook, im not here to surport gbaja but let us face it all d money left by obj whr are dey + d subsidy money, if jona cant manage funds properly wot do u think will happen to babies we hav now, their future morgaged because he cant think, no jobs for our youth due to d foolishnes of pple in power. Until we call a spàde a spade. I wish we can stand up like d arab spring.

God bless you my brother many of the people calling for his head have done worse things in their life. The guy has no CRIMINAL charges and has not been found to have committed any criminal offence.He did mention in his statement that he wrote it in his bookand he openly admitted it;

PDP calling for his resignation is quite funny, the should also call for the resignation of the following with serious cases of Misconduct

1. The petroleum minister for siting of a monumental trillion naira subsidy fraud in the Petroleum ministry
2. Hembe for stealing government money
3. Bamanga Tukur for bringing up a subsidy thief
4. Ahmadu Ali for bringing up a subsidy thief
5. Mr Shoeless and clueless for impoverishing the people of Nigeria which is the greatest crime of all.
6. David mark for the missing monies under the ministry of telecoms when he was minister

Address the issues not the person, we all know the Snail brains around the president are trying to blackmail Gbaja or Gbajabi or Gbajabiamilla. Leave the guy and answer all the questions he has asked you Mr shoeless clueless and headless.
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by fm7070: 6:27am On Jul 28, 2012
Many people are so quick to rush into conclusion without gathering enough information and facts.
If the report I read earlier on concerning Gbaja on nairalandis true , then, it's just a professional misconduct which can happen to anyone irrespective of your professional status
Gbajabiamila is only been threatened because he moved a motion concerning the full implementation of budget
How long do we continue with this kind of politics?
Re: PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign by vanvicker(m): 11:16am On Jul 28, 2012
Those of u accusing gbaja I believed its high time u opened ur eyes 2 reality,PDP sees him as a major treat 2 Jonathan's impeachment,a clueless President whose main aim is to milk Nigeria dry,who amidst our so called leaders ve ever publicly declared dat a wrong doing accredited to him is true?rather they cover it up,d same's going 2 happen 2 Farouks case,so who's PDP 2 tel Hon Gbaja 2 resign?beware of PDP's ploy fellow Nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Navy Handover Vessel, Boat With N11m Stolen Diesel To EFCC / IPOB Members On Trial Overstretching Prison Facilities —NPS / Correctional Facilities: Lagos State Police Command Puts Formations On Red Alert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.