Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics (19269 Views)

Liverpool Ladies Accept Arsenal Bid For Asisat Oshoala. / Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 28, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Nigeria can never host the Olympics unless they will sacrifice the country's budget for 30 years. Eko Atlantic my foot. you think its national sports festival or even world cup. how do you people even think self
The London Olympics cost $14.5bn even though Nigeria can afford it, I dont think its a wise investment, but Nigeria can afford it even today.
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 28, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Nigeria can never host the Olympics unless they will sacrifice the country's budget for 30 years. Eko Atlantic my foot. you think its national sports festival or even world cup. how do you people even think self
YOUR POST SHOWS YOU'RE IGNORANT. By 2028 Nigeria is projected to have a GDP surpassing $1.5 Trillion - ie three times her current $500 billion GDP.

There's no real reason she cannot host an Olympics in 2028 if she sets her mind to it. She'll be by far Africa's largest economy at current GDP growth rates. And please spare us talk of the Olympics 'sophistication'. There's nothing special about hosting an Olympics in so far as you have a decent stadium, good transport and good hotels, and that's most definitely something Nigeria can provide in a place like Eko Atlantic by 2028. The London Olympics are nothing special. The athlete's village in Stratford is nothing much to write home about. Just like a big dormitory. London hotels on the whole are not even that great. Many have serious shortcomings bordering on mediocrity. Stop overhyping.

2 Likes

Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 28, 2012
angry angry angry angry will nigeria last till then
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 28, 2012
ROSSIKE:
YOUR POST SHOWS YOU'RE IGNORANT. By 2028 Nigeria is projected to have a GDP surpassing $1.5 Trillion - ie three times her current $500 billion.

There's no real reason she cannot host an Olympics in 2028 if she sets her mind to it. And please spare us talk of te Olympics 'sophistication'. There's nothing special about hosting an Olympics in so far as you have a decent stadium, good transport and good hotels, and that's most definitely something Nigeria can provide in a place like Eko Atlantic by 2028. The London Olympics are not special. The athelete's village in Stratford is nothin much to write home about etc etc. Just like a big dormitory. Lomndon hotels are not even that great. Many have serious shortcomings. Stop overhyping.
I thought I was the only one who saw his "misyarnings"
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Irunmole(m): 7:40pm On Jul 28, 2012
@op, where did you buy your cheap ogogoro from with this post? Waterside or from mama bomboi?
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Werehkpe: 7:42pm On Jul 28, 2012
slimdiggi: lol! Pls let it get 2 me

Abeg send me some of that thing! I want smoke am too
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 28, 2012
Irunmole: @op, where did you buy your cheap ogogoro from with this post? Waterside or from mama bomboi?
He is asking a salient question, have you cared to come around VI to see the prototype of Eko Atlantic City ?
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Rhino5dm: 7:43pm On Jul 28, 2012
lipsrsealed:-Do_O:O=-O=-O :-P undecided XD:-@:-C:-Ox-(<3:-VundecidedcryembarassedO:-)
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Werehkpe: 7:43pm On Jul 28, 2012
ooseven: @OP...please i want some of this good stuff you are smoking. grin grin

Abeg send me some of that thing! I want smoke am too grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 28, 2012
Irunmole: @op, where did you buy your cheap ogogoro from with this post? Waterside or from mama bomboi?

The real question is how did a dunce like you gain internet access to display your illiteracy and dumbness here?

1 Like

Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Afam4eva(m): 7:45pm On Jul 28, 2012
Billyonaire: The London Olympics cost $14.5bn even though Nigeria can afford it, I dont think its a wise investment, but Nigeria can afford it even today.
It's not just about being able to afford it. We're to disorganized and a country to organize such an event.

In addition to that, we won't gain anything from it economically, so it won't make sense. The only people that will benefit from it are the politicians and contractors.
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by MrGlobe(m): 7:46pm On Jul 28, 2012
ROSSIKE:
YOUR POST SHOWS YOU'RE IGNORANT. By 2028 Nigeria is projected to have a GDP surpassing $1.5 Trillion - ie three times her current $500 billion GDP.

There's no real reason she cannot host an Olympics in 2028 if she sets her mind to it. And please spare us talk of the Olympics 'sophistication'. There's nothing special about hosting an Olympics in so far as you have a decent stadium, good transport and good hotels, and that's most definitely something Nigeria can provide in a place like Eko Atlantic by 2028. The London Olympics are not special. The athelete's village in Stratford is nothin much to write home about etc etc. Just like a big dormitory. Lomndon hotels are not even that great. Many have serious shortcomings. Stop overhyping.
Excuse me but you sound stup!d. First where did you get your stats from? do you think Olympics is all about money? what of the absent infrastructure even in 50 years. I see no reason replying your post self. You are far from sense
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 28, 2012
afam4eva:
It's not just about being able to afford it. We're to disorganized and a country to organize such an event.
In addition to that, we won't gain anything from it economically, so it won't make sense. The only people that will benefit from it are the politicians and contractors.
You are so wrong. Nigeria is very organized, the politicians are the ones giving us a bad name. We hosted many international events in the past, and we have the man-power. Take the politicians out of the equation, Nigeria is one great country. I cant trade my Citizenship of Nigeria for anything in the world, not even Citizenship of USA can move me.

1 Like

Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by 76Naira(m): 7:50pm On Jul 28, 2012
Thanks for giving us a reason to laugh.

Hehehehehehe.
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by MrGlobe(m): 7:51pm On Jul 28, 2012
afam4eva:

No mind the two I'd!it's. They think its just splashing money. There is no even quality 5 star hotel to house star athletes. what has changed in Nigeria in the past 10 years before we talk of the next 10. what about security, good stretch of roads. men Nigeria cannot host olympics in this lifetime. chikena
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 28, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Excuse me but you sound stup!d. First where did you get your stats from? do you think Olympics is all about money? what of the absent infrastructure even in 50 years. I see no reason replying your post self. You are far from sense
Sometimes I wonder where you guys live in Nigeria, most times I am tempted to believe people like this are either living in the core North or life was too hard for them that they fled abroad. Things are not so bad in Nigeria for those who are skilled or certified educ-ale. Nigeria can host the Olympics, we have the resources and the man-power. I keep repeating this, we suck in politics but we are blessed in every other aspects.
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Irunmole(m): 7:53pm On Jul 28, 2012
Billyonaire: He is asking a salient question, have you cared to come around VI to see the prototype of Eko Atlantic City ?

Salient, unrealistic and myopic question in a country ridden with mind-boggling corruption, poverty and next to non-existent appreciable world-class facilities. Seriously jaundiced post.
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 28, 2012

4 Likes

Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by kael: 7:54pm On Jul 28, 2012
I don't see why we can't do it 2028 is some time away, unless we are planning to have d same problems we have now then, bokoharam, Nepa et al. Money is not the problem, remember the Olympics is more about the city than the country, all they need is FGs endorsement. I was going through the Abuja commonwealth 2014 bid evaluation and the only problem was lack of detailing in the budget
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by MrGlobe(m): 7:55pm On Jul 28, 2012
Billyonaire: You are so wrong. Nigeria is very organized, the politicians are the ones giving us a bad name. We hosted many international events in the past, and we have the man-power. Take the politicians out of the equation, Nigeria is one great country. I cant trade my Citizenship of Nigeria for anything in the world, not even Citizenship of USA can move me.
which past events? coja/world cup. lol... you clearly don't know what you are talking about. go and worry about keeping your job with GEJ
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 28, 2012
Mr. Globe:

No mind the two I'd!it's. They think its just splashing money. There is no even quality 5 star hotel to house star athletes. what has changed in Nigeria in the past 10 years before we talk of the next 10. what about security, good stretch of roads. men Nigeria cannot host olympics in this lifetime. chikena
Anytime failure stares in your face, you resort to name calling. Why is that ? Is it that you lack facts to buttress your points or you simply lack the moral muscle to own up your lies and apologize for misconception ? The part of Nigeria you live may be so disorganized but must you always insult other people because you are disorganized and you think that all of us are ?
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by kael: 7:57pm On Jul 28, 2012
afam4eva:

Remember this will be Lagos states undertaking with the support of FG, how can u say we won't gain anything... The rapid infrastructural development of the state, most advanced airports rail roads... The amount of investment that would come into Lagos will be mind boggling.

1 Like

Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Reference(m): 7:58pm On Jul 28, 2012
When we cannot even properly attend one.

4 Likes

Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 28, 2012
Mr. Globe:

which past events? coja/world cup. lol... you clearly don't know what you are talking about. go and worry about keeping your job with GEJ
Guy, I dont know where you live in Nigeria and the people you dine with. But where I belong, I know what is possible and that includes Olympic. Dont rub your disorganized life on our face by saying we all are disorganized. Permit me to state that it is possible to host the Olympic even better than London in this great country.
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by MrGlobe(m): 8:02pm On Jul 28, 2012
kael: I was going through the Abuja commonwealth 2014 bid evaluation and the only problem was lack of detailing in the budget
spare me your gibberish. Nigeria did not win it because they found them not capable. Nigeria should first worry about world cup before talking Olympics.

Except Abuja maybe , there is no even a standard world class city in the country. none. Emo Atlanta will be Normal Nigeria aerial layout
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by kael: 8:02pm On Jul 28, 2012
Billyonaire: Guy, I dont know where you live in Nigeria and the people you dine with. But where I belong, I know what is possible and that includes Olympic. Dont rub your disorganized life on our face by saying we all are disorganized. Permit me to state that it is possible to host the Olympic even better than London in this great country.
The IOC president jacque rogge said the coma opening ceremony was one of the best and culturally dynamic ceremonies he had seen,
Who needs Danny Boyle when we have wole soyinka
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by crackhouse(m): 8:03pm On Jul 28, 2012
I bet u the ministry of sports will be very juicy and even more than the Petroleum & finance ministries and a lot of peeps will be stumbling upon themselves lobying to get the portfolio because by then 80% of our budget will be directed to the Min. Of sports only.
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 28, 2012
crackhouse: I bet u the ministry of sports will be very juicy and even more than the Petroleum & finance ministries and a lot of peeps will be stumbling upon themselves lobying to get the portfolio because by then 80% of our budget will be directed to the Min. Of sports only.
Me sef, I will go there to get contract to supply water for the swimming pools grin grin grin grin
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by MrGlobe(m): 8:07pm On Jul 28, 2012
Billyonaire: Guy, I dont know where you live in Nigeria and the people you dine with. But where I belong, I know what is possible and that includes Olympic. Dont rub your disorganized life on our face by saying we all are disorganized. Permit me to state that it is possible to host the Olympic even better than London in this great country.
guy you are talking dust. I know you live in Aso rock but sporting events are not held there sorry. talking about the place you live in Nigeria like its hidden from the public. loooool. you are always a clown.

'we can host the Olympic better than London' says Beaf. haha. am out for real
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 28, 2012
Mr. Globe:

guy you are talking dust. I know you live in Aso rock but sporting events are not held there sorry. talking about the place you live in Nigeria like its hidden from the public. loooool. you are always a clown.
'we can host the Olympic better than London' says Beaf. haha. am out for real
Again, Anytime failure stares in your face, you resort to name calling. Why is that ? Is it that you lack facts to buttress your points or you simply lack the moral muscle to own up your lies and apologize for misconception ? The part of Nigeria you live may be so disorganized but must you always insult other people because you are disorganized and you think that all of us are ?
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by kael: 8:11pm On Jul 28, 2012
Can't we just be patriotic and dream for once
Imagine this (staduim voice) " LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WELCOME TO THE THIRTY FIFTH OLYMPIAD OF THE MORDERN ERA, LAGOS 2028"[color=#990000][/color][b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by FILEBE(m): 8:14pm On Jul 28, 2012
hollandis: Poster ,may God punish you for making that statement Nnigeria should never host any event Nbastard country

;->. Babe. If u nor like 9ja na by force? Comot go Liberia na....abi make u go Sudan. And what the hell did you insult the poster for? Na u God go punish! Very foolish talk!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Messi Can Quit Barca, If Catalonia Leaves Spain / Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player / John Owan Enoh To Bash Ali: Apologise Or Face Legal Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.