Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,377 members, 7,819,370 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics (19268 Views)

Liverpool Ladies Accept Arsenal Bid For Asisat Oshoala. / Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by AustineE1: 7:00am On Jul 29, 2012
....count me out of this,with all those Alaye(area boys) infested neighbourhoods in Lagos,it is simply the wildest dream ever!
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by gst101: 7:06am On Jul 29, 2012
if lagos were to go for the olympics against the likes of paris, new york, et al, i believe lagos will get it if we show real determination and zeal which translates to visible things on ground. Lagos can simply ride on the fact that no african city has ever hosted it.

The only reason why a lagos bid will fail is that there will be no moral support from nigerians ourselves. It is then we would start hearing the nonsense that people are talking about here.
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by gst101: 7:23am On Jul 29, 2012
Austine.E:
....count me out of this,with all those Alaye(area boys) infested neighbourhoods in Lagos,it is simply the wildest dream ever!
do we have as many alayes in lagos than there are in brazil? Remember the govt had to deploy the millitary heavily armed like they were going to war to the slums of rio last year. This is a country according to dangote has mor private security than the country's armed forces put together. Does this seem like a safe country to you? But the citizens are not rubbishing their country like we are doing which is the reason why they are hosting the world in 2 and 4 years time
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by gst101: 7:27am On Jul 29, 2012
boko haram exists only in the extreem north. They will not show their face in extreem south almost another country
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by PhysicsQED(m): 7:59am On Jul 29, 2012
Waste of money. I'd prefer to see a great Nigerian Olympic team breaking records at the Olympics and taking home scores of medals than to see it hosted in Nigeria.
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by babyboy3(m): 8:08am On Jul 29, 2012
kael: We seem to not understand that Nigerians influence on the continent is unchallengeable. An only pics in south Africa will never be seen to be truly African .
I'm just saying lets try first, it's a thing of national pride which is much needed in this country. I don't see why we have to be so furious at the thought of the idea.

And what has that got to do with anything? I believe the City of New York led by Hilary Clinton, Jacque Chirac led the Paris bid they lost to London. I would say it again as a tourist country, Nigeria is still coming behind Egypt, Morocco, Tunis, SA and Kenya? Who would lead the bid? and with our history of changing leaders continuity is not our strength. Yes Lagos has a stronger chance than Abuja, if its a Lagos bid it would be hardly backed by the federal govt, an Abuja bid would be strongly backed by FG but Abuja wont get past the early stage
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by ogbonoeba: 8:16am On Jul 29, 2012
kael: Wouldn't it be nice if the Olympic games could be integrated into Eko Atlantic city, with the Olympic park being built out in the ocean,

I bet that will be a first. And I know we can do it.

Before south Africa comes and takes Olympics as well as world cup.

Don't make me laugh
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by ogbonoeba: 8:22am On Jul 29, 2012
Billyonaire: You are so wrong. Nigeria is very organized, the politicians are the ones giving us a bad name. We hosted many international events in the past, and we have the man-power. Take the politicians out of the equation, Nigeria is one great country. I cant trade my Citizenship of Nigeria for anything in the world, not even Citizenship of USA can move me.

What about boko haram?
What about electricity power outages?
How many cities will be involved?
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by ogbonoeba: 8:28am On Jul 29, 2012
chucky234: Laughing in vanacular
Olympics is a tall dream that will never happen in Nigeria in the next 100 years,we should continue with hosting the All Africa Games because the world will never trust Nigeria to send their citizens down to Nigeria for a seventy days event.
Nigeria requires $400bn to host the Olympics as we would need to build a world class game village, let's not waste our time on something we know will never happen.

They will not trust Nigeria with pay pal
The department of state for America has a security warning for traveling to naija
Again can someone with common sense tell me how we will host the Olympics ?
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by kael: 8:28am On Jul 29, 2012
ogbonoeba:

What about boko haram?
What about electricity power outages?
How many cities will be involved?
Lagos just needs to get it right
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by ogbonoeba: 8:30am On Jul 29, 2012
ROSSIKE:

What do I expect from an inferiorized pigface like you? Is Brazil not hosting the next Olympic games? Is Brazil not a developing country like yours? You think there's no corruption in Brazil? Is there not poverty there? There are slums and bad roads all over Brazil. Do you know that as we speak, Brazil is battling with power cuts?? The problem with you people is your inferiority complex. It is the biggest curse on you people. You have this stup.id idea that because Nigeria is not like Germany or America, she cannot do anything. But other countries don't think like that. Even China today, many of her people are fleeing the country due to hardship. She still has millions of poor folk. Millions of Chinese reside in the US till tomorrow. Indians same thing. But none of these people have this idea that their countries are 'hopelesss' or worthless etc. Only Nigerians have that mentality, and it's a terrible disease that you need to cure youselves of. And don't tell me about corruption blah blah blah. Even in Transparency International's latest index, 48 countries are rated more corrupt than Nigeria, and those countries include Russia, Venezuela, Ivory Coast etc etc. But you'll never see those people rubbish their country with impunity at every turn.

The way people are talking here you would never believe this is the same Nigeria that has sucessfully hosted TWO FIFA world championships. I mean, what the hell is wrong with you people?? Even if you think the country has problems, why can't you say ''well it will be an uphill task, but we can do it if we get our act together'' etc etc? Why do you have to be so godammn negative as in '' we can't do it in a million years'' etc etc? You don't know you sound ST.UPID when you say that, because all you're doing is telling the world that you're an inferior race, and that means YOU personally are inferior too, not just your country. Get that into your apparently thick skulls and start to act like sensible human beings.

It still will not happen cheesy
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by ogbonoeba: 8:31am On Jul 29, 2012
kael:
Lagos just needs to get it right

In what way?
Nigeria should try to get world cup, forget Olympics
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by kael: 8:56am On Jul 29, 2012
Let's not forget our mantra NO CONDITION IS PERMANENT. Even though things are bad we have to look to the future with hope.it is our attitude that will make us not to get the Olympics. If we have any drop of patriotism, we would not attack our country at the drop of a hat. The question is what are You doing to make it better. When I'm am angry I vent my anger towards GEJ and his cronies bu never towards Nigeria never
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by danielng: 9:06am On Jul 29, 2012
If by today

majority of Nigeria roads are in deplorable conditions;
An average Nigerian can not afford to go watch sports in stadia/sports centers
We are yet to have a modernized/organized means of transportation
Our politicians have not dealt with corruption
Tribalism and ethnicity still our bane of integration
Some regions are clamoring for their independence from Nigeria
The spate of insecurity still on the up rise to the extent of recognizing boko haram as a terrorist group

Eko Atlantic will never play host to Olympics in 2028 which is 15 years from now.

Looking at the picture of Eko atlantic; we think those high rise buildings will be completed in 15 years from now. Lagos state have been unable to build the fourth mainland bridge from Ikorodu to Ajah since from Tinubu regime, FG have been unable to build the second Niger bridge since from OBJ regime. Even the 4 years contract to construct the Lagos - Abeokuta - Ibadan - lorin - Minna - Abuja - Kaduna fast train since from OBJ regime is still is the dark.

We have so many deployed submarine cable to make internet fast we we are still experiencing slow internet links. We have no infrastructure on ground.

If we are depending on the GDP of $1.5 trillion by 2028; remember that we are not expecting it to be from the real sector but from oil; whereas people from that zone are tired of becoming part of this country, where do we expect to get the money to finance the Olympics?

There is nothing wrong with the poster admiring that Eko Atlantic should host 2028 Olympics, but let face the reality. ITS ABOUT 15 YEARS FROM NOW.
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by ODB1: 9:08am On Jul 29, 2012
The olympics for picking pocket, fraudsters and agberos
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by kael: 9:13am On Jul 29, 2012
danielng:
If by today

majority of Nigeria roads are in deplorable conditions;
An average Nigerian can not afford to go watch sports in stadia/sports centers
We are yet to have a modernized/organized means of transportation
Our politicians have not dealt with corruption
Tribalism and ethnicity still our bane of integration
Some regions are clamoring for their independence from Nigeria
The spate of insecurity still on the up rise to the extent of recognizing boko haram as a terrorist group

Eko Atlantic will never play host to Olympics in 2028 which is 15 years from now.

Looking at the picture of Eko atlantic; we think those high rise buildings will be completed in 15 years from now. Lagos state have been unable to build the fourth mainland bridge from Ikorodu to Ajah since from Tinubu regime, FG have been unable to build the second Niger bridge since from OBJ regime. Even the 4 years contract to construct the Lagos - Abeokuta - Ibadan - lorin - Minna - Abuja - Kaduna fast train since from OBJ regime is still is the dark.

We have so many deployed submarine cable to make internet fast we we are still experiencing slow internet links. We have no infrastructure on ground.

If we are depending on the GDP of $1.5 trillion by 2028; remember that we are not expecting it to be from the real sector but from oil; whereas people from that zone are tired of becoming part of this country, where do we expect to get the money to finance the Olympics?

There is nothing wrong with the poster admiring that Eko Atlantic should host 2028 Olympics, but let face the reality. ITS ABOUT 15 YEARS FROM NOW.
Thats the thing it's private sector driven. Besides the pearl tower in it as begun to reach for the sky
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by danielng: 9:13am On Jul 29, 2012
Oh i forget about failed electricity.

www.ekoatlantic.com
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by stunna2(m): 9:16am On Jul 29, 2012
...sometimes, when Nigerians speak, one is not sure if it's out of ignorance or self deceit..! i was at the Lagos International Airport a few weeks ago and we where welcomed by an escalator that was out-of-service; Meanwhile, the smallest local airport in Austria is bigger and better equipped! get over yourselves people...whenever you come here to tell us how good your personal lives are when we are talking about Nigeria as a Nation holding the Olympics, y'all just inadvertently show the reason Nigeria is the way it is...common good is a non existent notion! When was the last time you passed Heathrow Airport in London, will Nigeria have a similar Airport in 50years or 100 years?

Brazil reportedly have moved 70 million Brazilians from poverty-stricken life to the middle class in the past 3 to 5 years alone and those people are now making $3000 a month and here y'all are comparing Nigeria with them? Is it not also a fact that the life expectancy of Somalia is higher than that of Nigeria??

The greed in Nigeria is so that men will ride or drive on the worst road on earth all the way from work or church to the front of the gate to their Mansion before they can then drive on a good road inside for 2 seconds to their front door and same thing they will do the next day and the next year...even when they have enough stolen money to build the last 2 kilometres of road leading to their mansion but will not do so to prevent another Nigerian from using it!!

Here is a novel idea people; now, forget for once how good you have it due to you or your father's stolen wealth...tell us how and why Nigeria will get the winning bid for the 2028 Olympics? Will there be a Nigeria in 2028? If yes, how and why do you have faith there will be one considering all that we see and know now??

While it may be very tempting to attack me at this point, just resist the temptation and simply respond to my questions...

...and have you ever asked yourselves if the reason most have it so bad in Nigeria is because you have it too too good? could there be a connection at all between how a few have it too too good and most having it so bad?? just a thought...

4 Likes

Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by ODB1: 9:23am On Jul 29, 2012
$tunna:
...sometimes, when Nigerians speak, one is not sure if it's out of ignorance or self deceit..! i was at the Lagos International Airport a few weeks ago and we where welcomed by an escalator that was out-of-service; Meanwhile, the smallest local airport in Austria is bigger and better equipped! get over yourselves people...whenever you come here to tell us how good your personal lives are when we are talking about Nigeria as a Nation holding the Olympics, y'all just inadvertently show the reason Nigeria is the way it is...common good is a non existent notion! When was the last time you passed Heathrow Airport in London, will Nigeria have a similar Airport in 50years or 100 years?

Brazil reportedly have moved 70 million Brazilians from poverty-stricken life to the middle class in the past 3 to 5 years alone and those people are now making $3000 a month and here y'all are comparing Nigeria with them? Is it not also a fact that the life expectancy of Somalia is higher than that of Nigeria??

The greed in Nigeria is so that men will ride or drive on the worst road on earth all the way from work or church to the front of the gate to their Mansion before they can then drive on a good road inside for 2 seconds to their front door and same thing they will do the next day and the next year...even when they have enough stolen money to build the last 2 kilometres of road leading to their mansion but will not do so to prevent another Nigerian from using it!!

Here is a novel idea people; now, forget for once how good you have it due to you or your father's stolen wealth...tell us how and why Nigeria will get the winning bid for the 2028 Olympics? Will there be a Nigeria in 2028? If yes, how and why do you have faith there will be one considering all that we see and know now??

While it may be very tempting to attack me at this point, just resist the temptation and simply respond to my questions...

...and have you ever asked yourselves if the reason most have it so bad in Nigeria is because you have it too too good? could there be a connection at all between how a few have it too too good and most having it so bad?? just a thought...
[size=20pt]Preach it[/size]
These niggaz are ignorant as phuck

Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by babyboy3(m): 9:27am On Jul 29, 2012
$tunna:

Thank you.....

Knowing that after the 1996 Atalanta games and the troubles of travelling from hotels or airports to the stadium the IOC has said their has to be an Olympic lane!

Can someone tell me how would they draw up a Lane from the airport all the way to wherever the site would be
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by kael: 9:38am On Jul 29, 2012
I don't think there is anybody willing to give up more for nigerias problem to go away, for Godsakes I'm in nsukka, the under development is so glaring, but there are strides in certain areas if you enter UNN it looks like a construction field, all the old buildings are being pulled down and new ones erected some being remodeled.
You cannot claim to not know there is intense remodeling work at the nations airports, Lagos is already planning a leaking airport , can't it be part of the olympic bid, I mean the Olympics forces you to develop modern infrastructure. Lagos needs it.
A light rail is already under construction it can be expanded for the games.
THE GAMES IS NOT ABOUT THE MOST ADVANCED COUNTRY, its about culture tradition propagation of the olympic movement, its about influence. The iOc has been encouraging africa to try.

You are so ur patriotic it boggles the mind how can you ask if there will be Nigeria in 2028, even if deep in your heart you know it's a possibility, you don't pronounce it with pride.
Pls I have no other country to be proud of, go and cross the SAHARA
O.D.B.:

[size=20pt]Preach it[/size]
These niggaz are ignorant as phuck
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by kael: 9:39am On Jul 29, 2012
$tunna:

I don't think there is anybody willing to give up more for nigerias problem to go away, for Godsakes I'm in nsukka, the under development is so glaring, but there are strides in certain areas if you enter UNN it looks like a construction field, all the old buildings are being pulled down and new ones erected some being remodeled.
You cannot claim to not know there is intense remodeling work at the nations airports, Lagos is already planning a lekki airport , can't it be part of the olympic bid, I mean the Olympics forces you to develop modern infrastructure. Lagos needs it.
THE GAMES IS NOT ABOUT THE MOST ADVANCED COUNTRY, its about culture tradition propagation of the olympic movement, its about influence. The iOc has been encouraging africa to try.

You are so ur patriotic it boggles the mind how can you ask if there will be Nigeria in 2028, even if deep in your heart you know it's a possibility, you don't pronounce it with pride.

You cannot claim to not know there is intense remodeling work at the nations airports, Lagos is already planning a lekki airport , can't it be part of the olympic bid, I mean the Olympics forces you to develop modern infrastructure. Lagos needs it.

Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by francis247(m): 9:45am On Jul 29, 2012
Why not. But does the city even have something like what it takes to host such a gigantic event on ground?
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 29, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:

The bolded part to me is a joke. Freedom of speech, and assembly they call it, when people are being silenced to speak their minds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa8nlCQ0Lzo&feature=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD-0IZwnrb8

And people being beaten up for assembling peacefully. Sure, Freedom of speech and assembly indeed.

This is kindergarten stuff compared to the days of Abacha. And what do you say about BEIJING? China is far more repressive than Nigeria yet she hosted the Olympics. The thing is you can fish for all sorts of reasons to NOT accomplish something, but that only says more about YOU than about the task you're looking to accomplish.

1 Like

Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Revolva(m): 9:50am On Jul 29, 2012
Eko atlantic hhahaha why should it be a small town which sea will soon wash away hahaha

You guys think olympic is just a university games haha I no fit laff- if a nigerian walks into the bidding meeting the board of representatives will burst in laughter __una no even fit manucfacture spoon na olympic una wan. Host - una alwayd wan climb ladder from the top dats why you always fall and crash in every tin-
Shut the Bleep up @poster till 2090 they won't even look nigeria-if nigeria go even exist by 2030
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 29, 2012
$tunna:
...sometimes, when Nigerians speak, one is not sure if it's out of ignorance or self deceit..! i was at the Lagos International Airport a few weeks ago and we where welcomed by an escalator that was out-of-service; Meanwhile, the smallest local airport in Austria is bigger and better equipped!

Oh please spare us this rubbish. Even as we speak there is a $200m renovation scheme at over 12 airports nationwide including MMA. Are you even aware of this?? I bet not. But you're quick to know about the smallest airport in Austria. Oh, and I was at Charles De Gaulle Airport last year and opne of their escalators had broken down too. The heavens did not fall. I've been at Newark Airport NJ and there was a power blackout. Fact is stuff happens.

get over yourselves people...whenever you come here to tell us how good your personal lives are when we are talking about Nigeria as a Nation holding the Olympics, y'all just inadvertently show the reason Nigeria is the way it is...common good is a non existent notion! When was the last time you passed Heathrow Airport in London, will Nigeria have a similar Airport in 50years or 100 years?

What is so special about Heathrow? Do you know that in Brazzaville Congo, they've just completed an airport that's BETTER than Heathrow? If Congo can do it, why can't Nigeria? You go to Heathrow and start salivating like you've entered heaven. Get rid of your inferiority complex. There's no big deal about the place.

[quotye]Brazil reportedly have moved 70 million Brazilians from poverty-stricken life to the middle class in the past 3 to 5 years alone[/quote]

Go to Google and type Actis survey of Nigeria. Nigeria just moved 10 million people into middle class status in the last 5 years, which isn't bad in proportion to Brazil's population. Again, you're quick to notice and salivate at other nations' progress while ignoring yours. TRAGIC.

Is it not also a fact that the life expectancy of Somalia is higher than that of Nigeria??

When you first educate yourself and stop typing ignorant rubbish online then we can take you seriously. I stopped reading your trash when you stated that Nigeria has a lower life expectancy than Somalia. I mean, what does it take to do a simple internet research to avoid typing such elementary rubbish? You think you sound most intelligent when you exaggerate the conditions in your country or what? You actually sound very ignorant and unschooled, and there's no reason anyone should take ANYTHING ELSE you type seriously, when such ignorant rubbish can emanate from you.
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 29, 2012
Revolva: Eko atlantic hhahaha why should it be a small town which sea will soon wash away hahaha

You guys think olympic is just a university games haha I no fit laff- if a nigerian walks into the bidding meeting the board of representatives will burst in laughter __una no even fit manucfacture spoon na olympic una wan.

Your mates in this Nigeria are manufacturing cars, SUVs, buses and trucks, (Google INNOSON) and computers (Google Zinox) while a good for nothing, worthless low life like you is typing trash about manufacturing spoons. You think we're all braindead and worthless like you?
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by babyboy3(m): 10:48am On Jul 29, 2012
Even as we speak there is a $200m renovation scheme at over 12 airports nationwide including MMA

Ha ha ha ha How many run way does MMA have?
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Revolva(m): 10:55am On Jul 29, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Your mates in this Nigeria are manufacturing cars, SUVs, buses and trucks, (Google INNOSON) and computers (Google Zinox) while a good for nothing, worthless low life like you is typing trash about manufacturing spoons. You think we're all braindead and worthless like you?

Look shut up there innoson and zinox are maufacturing what Or they are coupling together parts of the products here when its been imported here its not originally done here- use ur brain slowpoke they just tagged a name on it and brand it - am not against it sha at least it has empowered the economy some how,but you should know nigeria does not manucfacture anythin even textile is gone what else , oil we no get the true benefits from it all scams everday ,pump price is expensive for an oil producing nation- a venezuelean minister wept for us-
Now to olympic matter well you guys think we will be given the bid -lmfao these westerners won't dare to allow it -i don't know why we like to climb ladder from d top, don't talk olympic pls try rehost allafrica games with no big scandal to disgrace us-looting avenues for psycophants like you
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by kael: 11:31am On Jul 29, 2012
For all of u who say it won't happen. Let me categorically state that we would host the olympics between 2028 and 2032
It maybe just a dream but dreams do become reality.
If you dont like it go and find a new country. Nigeria does not deserve citizens like you
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by alexola20(m): 11:39am On Jul 29, 2012
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by alexola20(m): 11:46am On Jul 29, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man City Overtakes Man United As Most Valuable Premier League Club / Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player / Messi Can Quit Barca, If Catalonia Leaves Spain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.