Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,271 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics (19266 Views)

Liverpool Ladies Accept Arsenal Bid For Asisat Oshoala. / Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by alexola20(m): 11:52am On Jul 29, 2012
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by kael: 12:16pm On Jul 29, 2012
alexola20:
No mind the ROSSIKE of a guy.
even ordinary pencils,9ja no fit produce.I remember all those HB,2B pencils we used to use in schools then,they were all written "shanghai/guangzhou china.common eraser sef we no fit produce.
The only thing we can produce is corruption and ignorants at the highest level like ros.skie.
The opening ceremony of the 8th all Africa games Abuja, was one of the best a contingent from the Beijing olympics came to take notes. International Olympic commitee president said it was one of the best he had ever seen. With artistic direction from wole Soyinka
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Generalpipe1: 12:54pm On Jul 29, 2012
Billyonaire: I must live in Eko Atlantic City.....at all cost......
even if it involves you doing blood money just asking sha
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by brownlord: 1:33pm On Jul 29, 2012
ROSSIKE:

What do I expect from an inferiorized pigface like you? Is Brazil not hosting the next Olympic games? Is Brazil not a developing country like yours? You think there's no corruption in Brazil? Is there not poverty there? There are slums and bad roads all over Brazil. Do you know that as we speak, Brazil is battling with power cuts?? The problem with you people is your inferiority complex. It is the biggest curse on you people. You have this stup.id idea that because Nigeria is not like Germany or America, she cannot do anything. But other countries don't think like that. Even China today, many of her people are fleeing the country due to hardship. She still has millions of poor folk. Millions of Chinese reside in the US till tomorrow. Indians same thing. But none of these people have this idea that their countries are 'hopelesss' or worthless etc. Only Nigerians have that mentality, and it's a terrible disease that you need to cure youselves of. And don't tell me about corruption blah blah blah. Even in Transparency International's latest index, 48 countries are rated more corrupt than Nigeria, and those countries include Russia, Venezuela, Ivory Coast etc etc. But you'll never see those people rubbish their country with impunity at every turn.

The way people are talking here you would never believe this is the same Nigeria that has sucessfully hosted TWO FIFA world championships. I mean, what the hell is wrong with you people?? Even if you think the country has problems, why can't you say ''well it will be an uphill task, but we can do it if we get our act together'' etc etc? Why do you have to be so godammn negative as in '' we can't do it in a million years'' etc etc? You don't know you sound ST.UPID when you say that, because all you're doing is telling the world that you're an inferior race, and that means YOU personally are inferior too, not just your country. Get that into your apparently thick skulls and start to act like sensible human beings.

Wow am impressed and you have only succeeded in letting me know how foolish you are, is there no poor people even in United states, UK or Canada? is that there anywhere there is no hardship?, in such places do government milk them dry that they now have to re sought to kidnapping stealing or cyber crime? i bet u bro, the most deadly cyber criminal is in this country, Nigerians are good people and very easy to control if given a favorable atmosphere, you can challenge if am wrong, i do not believe there is any country where the citizen can bear what the people of Nigerians are going through we are rich and with great potentials yet our resouces can only circulate within the hands of few, you made mention of Brazil, bro give their government what Nigeria have those places we be a better place, why are we running from the truth, I am a Nigerian and would be happy if Nigeria is made better for all of us all, you talking of brazil hosting olympics, i watched on TV the massive construction going on in the stadium and city where they are to host the olympic, they already plan meeting with the olympics committe to be held once every month as a result of the development going on there, what about in Nigeria, should we even be allowed to host that same event, it will be an oppurtunity for our politicians to enrich themselves, what sought of foolish FIFA championship are are you insane, having a governor coming to visit you and having a president coming to spend the night with you does it mean the same thing, Brazil has the largest stadium if am not mistaken maracana stadium, and look for standard stadium in other part of the world today, and i tell the money used in constructing those stadia is not upto the money used in constructing ABUJA stadium, as a matter of fact, am sure abuja will be X2, so what are you saying, i still maintain my stand, it is possible for Nigeria to host olympic, but only in a dream, let be sincere, country's that host olympic that have PDP as politicians, they dont have clueless president, or criminals as law makers, i was reading on this same thread, how our house committe on sport, intend to host Mikel Obi, after the champions league just because he was part of the team that won the league, when our own premier league is not even watched by 1% of Nigerians, most times the matched played on news paper and majorly walk over, Enyimba was one time africa champions where are they today, bro, please name 2 Nigerian premier league and their full squad including coach, i permit you to go on google if you even succeed, but enter a molue and ask a conductor to name, man. u, chelsea or arsenal or barca players, including second 11 and the ones they intend to buy next 2 season, i belt you, they tell you their age, salary and size of butt, so what are we saying, if our house can set aside a day to hounour mikel just becos they jobless and looking for an avenue to loot, ten i wonder people like Messi, Christiano Ronaldo and other big players who win world best every year have not been made president, final conclusion, the day Nigeria host olympics, then the olympic would have since losses its standard period

1 Like

Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by brownlord: 1:37pm On Jul 29, 2012
ROSSIKE:

This is why they should ban females from typing here. Go back to the kitchen or some sugar daddy's bed. That's where you belong. NOT in any proper discussion about anything. When Nigeria was hosting the FIFA Under 20 Championships, on whose bed were you giving head? Do you even know we successfully hosted those championships? I bet you haven't the slightest clue. Dunce with internet access.

Are you nut? does olympic or world cup means the same to you as under 20? what is your problem, why are you fooling yourself now, is that what we should be proud of now, where was Nigeria when south africa hosted the whole world, look you better just keep quiet becos u annoying me with this ur foolish post i sware
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by brownlord: 1:41pm On Jul 29, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:
And what will happen after boko haram? Another politician wired terrorist group just like its been going on for the past decade, Until we change our selves we can't move foward. But we both know that that can never happen considering that people think differently and have different believes and ideology.

Just ignore that bastard, hes leaving in a dream land
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Tunsbobo(m): 1:48pm On Jul 29, 2012
We Hosted the African first Ladies conference; Akwa Ibom Swimming Championship; Obudu Mountain Race; The Nne-Ikwe Cultural day and many other glamourous events! We have thousands of average guest houses, Beer Parlours and inns, Government have said the power situation can not last forever; and we have petrol money, what's Stopping us? Lagos For 2028 Olympics Leggo!!!! ;DWe Hosted the African first Ladies conference; Akwa Ibom Swimming Championship; Obudu Mountain Race; The Nne-Ikwe Cultural day and many other glamourous events! We have thousands of average guest houses, Beer Parlours and inns, Government have said the power situation can not last forever; and we have petrol money, what's Stopping us? Lagos For 2028 Olympics Leggo!!!! ;DWe Hosted the African first Ladies conference; Akwa Ibom Swimming Championship; Obudu Mountain Race; The Nne-Ikwe Cultural day and many other glamourous events! We have thousands of average guest houses, Beer Parlours and inns, Government have said the power situation can not last forever; and we have petrol money, what's Stopping us? Lagos For 2028 Olympics Leggo!!!! ;DWe Hosted the African first Ladies conference; Akwa Ibom Swimming Championship; Obudu Mountain Race; The Nne-Ikwe Cultural day and many other glamourous events! We have thousands of average guest houses, Beer Parlours and inns, Government have said the power situation can not last forever; and we have petrol money, what's Stopping us? Lagos For 2028 Olympics Leggo!!!!
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by brownlord: 1:52pm On Jul 29, 2012
Godogwu:

You made some valid points( frankly, I hate when people blame solely politicians for Nigeria's current state) but why do you think that anyone fortunate in Nigeria must have gotten involved in some sort of corruption or stole money? Nigeria has a lot of self made billionaires(Naira) that grew from grass to grace and I'm sure you know them. Now I want to ask you just four questions and please do answer them; (1) Do you live in Nigeria? (2)And if yes what part of the country do you live in? (3) dont you think some people in the US, europe and Asia have never slept with electricity before? (4) is it a necessity to be a computer literate in this world?. Yea and finally, Nigeria is way to industrialized and developed to be classified as a jungle Aii.

Nigeria has a lot of self made billionaires(Naira) that grew from grass to grace and I'm sure you know them....Yes, Otedolar, Dangote, Takur
(1) Yes i live in Nigeria
(2) Delta state
(3) Yes, but the government understanding the problem and importance of electricity took it upon themselves to tackle the problem, atleast they dont politians/president who award electricity contract on pages of news paper and use that as an avenue to loot, plus they dont have rich political party sponsor that import diesel, and swore that as far as he import diesel Nigeria will never have stable electricity, am sure you know him and also, they dont have politians who deal on Generator and as such do everything the country dont have stable electricity so as to promote their business, and am sure you know, no where in Ghana, they sale generator, candle is not even sold on everyshop or on hold up as it is in Nigeria that you must buy a candle while returning from work, if you cant afford fuel/diesel.
4 Its not, the reason for your ignorant

if you really think you make sense in this trash, bro try again or better still use 50/50
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Godogwu: 3:38pm On Jul 29, 2012
brownlord:

Nigeria has a lot of self made billionaires(Naira) that grew from grass to grace and I'm sure you know them....Yes, Otedolar, Dangote, Takur
(1) Yes i live in Nigeria
(2) Delta state
(3) Yes, but the government understanding the problem and importance of electricity took it upon themselves to tackle the problem, atleast they dont politians/president who award electricity contract on pages of news paper and use that as an avenue to loot, plus they dont have rich political party sponsor that import diesel, and swore that as far as he import diesel Nigeria will never have stable electricity, am sure you know him and also, they dont have politians who deal on Generator and as such do everything the country dont have stable electricity so as to promote their business, and am sure you know, no where in Ghana, they sale generator, candle is not even sold on everyshop or on hold up as it is in Nigeria that you must buy a candle while returning from work, if you cant afford fuel/diesel.
4 Its not, the reason for your ignorant

if you really think you make sense in this trash, bro try again or better still use 50/50

I would ignore some of the rubbish you wrote. You are probably one of these Nigerians witha great level of inferiority complex, let's face it.....Nigeria can't be like the US, or look like Dubai in the next two years or five years no matter what happens, it is virtually impossible!. Nevertheless I put it to you that at this current rate of our growing economy, Nigeria ( Lagos or Abuja) would be able to host the Olympics anywhere from 2028-2044.
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by brownlord: 4:01pm On Jul 29, 2012
Godogwu:

I would ignore some of the rubbish you wrote. You are probably one of these Nigerians witha great level of inferiority complex, let's face it.....Nigeria can't be like the US, or look like Dubai in the next two years or five years no matter what happens, it is virtually impossible!. Nevertheless I put it to you that at this current rate of our growing economy, Nigeria ( Lagos or Abuja) would be able to host the Olympics anywhere from 2028-2044.

Keep dreaming, the country is going worst, so keep deceiving yourself
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by babyboy3(m): 5:01pm On Jul 29, 2012
Godogwu:

What has growing economy got to do with the price of tea in china? I said it yesterday and I would say it again, for example a 3rd of the funding for the London olympic is coming from investors knowing that they would make their money back, imagine the city of Lagos or Abuja goes up against New York, Paris, Madrid, Munich, Tokyo or Mexico City, do you honestly believe a Nigerian city would get past the preliminary stage of voting? No matter how much we throw at it you could only start building an Olympic village after you win the bid which is 6 or 7 years to the date knowing that the Teslim Balogun Stadium started in 1985 and it took forever to complete am sorry yes they do use the Olympic to develop an area but Lagos is too tight to squeeze in an Olympic village and Abuja is not marketable enough
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Godogwu: 5:10pm On Jul 29, 2012
brownlord:

Keep dreaming, the country is going worst, so keep deceiving yourself

The country is going worse you say?, don't you educate yourselve on the facts about Nigeria? Could you please put facts where your utterlerly meaningless words are? . Probably you and your family are going worse not Nigeria okay smiley
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Godogwu: 5:21pm On Jul 29, 2012
baby-boy:

What has growing economy got to do with the price of tea in china? I said it yesterday and I would say it again, for example a 3rd of the funding for the London olympic is coming from investors knowing that they would make their money back, imagine the city of Lagos or Abuja goes up against New York, Paris, Madrid, Munich, Tokyo or Mexico City, do you honestly believe a Nigerian city would get past the preliminary stage of voting? No matter how much we throw at it you could only start building an Olympic village after you win the bid which is 6 or 7 years to the date knowing that the Teslim Balogun Stadium started in 1985 and it took forever to complete am sorry yes they do use the Olympic to develop an area but Lagos is too tight to squeeze in an Olympic village and Abuja is not marketable enough

First of all, I really don't care about the price of tea in china, and I don't know any Nigerian who does. Hosting the Olympics isn't the best of businesses for any city that does. CNN recently had a report about this same thing you are saying concerning Beijing because the stadium is now in shambles and places that looked beautiful during Beijing 2008 are now dreadful, meaning it may not be exactly good business for any city, but fact still remains that Nigeria is amongst the backbones that hold up Africa and if any African country is going to host the Olympics, it lies between SA, Nigeria, Kenya and Egypt and I'm very much sure Nigeria would hold great grounds on that bid.
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by ofala(m): 5:34pm On Jul 29, 2012
ooseven: @OP...please i want some of this good stuff you are smoking. grin grin

Boi -o -boi....u made my day! Can't stop laughing!!!
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by AlabaSlim: 6:27pm On Jul 29, 2012
ooseven: @OP...please i want some of this good stuff you are smoking. grin grin
u gut mi laffin
@op, nigerianz r suffurin & remember dat til date no newz concernin wasted mo#ì on COJA,FIFA unda 17 & 20
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Tolaaaaannni(f): 7:05pm On Jul 29, 2012
ROSSIKE:

This is kindergarten stuff compared to the days of Abacha. And what do you say about BEIJING? China is far more repressive than Nigeria yet she hosted the Olympics. The thing is you can fish for all sorts of reasons to NOT accomplish something, but that only says more about YOU than about the task you're looking to accomplish.

And we should be proud that this "Kindergarten stuff" is still happening in nigeria?? shocked Is china Repressive? yes, but economic wise they are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than nigeria, And this aren't reason's im fishing out dear this are FACTS. And until you stop living in lala land and deal with facts you can save your arguement for later.
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Tolaaaaannni(f): 7:17pm On Jul 29, 2012
gst101: india has so much corruption much more than nigeria and they pulled the commonwealth games
Sir india's economy is wayyyyy better than nigeria's,and plus india is very famous for tourism and a little safer than nigeria (I don't see people being kidnap for rituals on the streets of mumbai). Answer me this, do you think the commonwealth will pick Lagos over New delhi??
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Tolaaaaannni(f): 7:21pm On Jul 29, 2012
ogbonoeba:

They will not trust Nigeria with pay pal
The department of state for America has a security warning for traveling to naija
Again can someone with common sense tell me how we will host the Olympics ?
This person right here, has said it all. smiley
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by alaoeri: 7:35pm On Jul 29, 2012
Make una take am easy warri have already started bidding fȍr olympics. grin

Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by merengue: 8:02pm On Jul 29, 2012
We CAN host the Olympics but we should NOT contemplate it even for a second.

1. There are far more pressing issues to be fixed, issues that have been with us for the past 51 years and don't seem to be going anywhere in a hurry.We need every kobo we can get to fix these issues.
2. We've hosted U-20 World Cup in 1999, All Africa Games in 2003, U-17 World Cup in 2009: where are the statements of accounts: how much did we spend, on what did we spend these monies on, how much did we make?
3. Who is going to bankroll it?
4. What safety measures will be put in place to guard against light fingered Nigerian magic?
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Pozzy(m): 12:38am On Jul 30, 2012
kael:
The opening ceremony of the 8th all Africa games Abuja, was one of the best a contingent from the Beijing olympics came to take notes. International Olympic commitee president said it was one of the best he had ever seen. With artistic direction from wole Soyinka

Do you have any link online where i can watch that opening ceremony?
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by igbo2011(m): 1:01am On Jul 30, 2012
Yes this would be GREAT for the Nigerian Economy and would put Africa on the map!!
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by kael: 7:30pm On Jul 30, 2012
Pozzy:

Do you have any link online where i can watch that opening ceremony?
this is just a small small clip of coja opening ceremony
http://www.eca2.com/287/special-event-anglais/8th-all-africa-games-ceremonies-nigeria-2003
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Revolva(m): 10:36pm On Jul 30, 2012
Godogwu:

First of all, I really don't care about the price of tea in china, and I don't know any Nigerian who does. Hosting the Olympics isn't the best of businesses for any city that does. CNN recently had a report about this same thing you are saying concerning Beijing because the stadium is now in shambles and places that looked beautiful during Beijing 2008 are now dreadful, meaning it may not be exactly good business for any city, but fact still remains that Nigeria is amongst the backbones that hold up Africa and if any African country is going to host the Olympics, it lies between SA, Nigeria, Kenya and Egypt and I'm very much sure Nigeria would hold great grounds on that bid.

Look mr man pls delete nigeria and kenya from that list ok I will say include libya or alheria also what's is so good about nigeria sef even do you think olympic is a concert - anyway go to abuja go and see the state of the national stadium built with such money - see how bleeped up it is - religious activity held there every big boi uses it am sure for parties yes you can't tell - pls nigeria can't host tje games ok because of lack of maintainance , security, power , and infrastructure an why don't the govt uses the money to better the lives of the citizen , is it a must we must host - yeye giant of africa
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Godogwu: 3:03pm On Jul 31, 2012
Revolva:

Look mr man pls delete nigeria and kenya from that list ok I will say include libya or alheria also what's is so good about nigeria sef even do you think olympic is a concert - anyway go to abuja go and see the state of the national stadium built with such money - see how bleeped up it is - religious activity held there every big boi uses it am sure for parties yes you can't tell - pls nigeria can't host tje games ok because of lack of maintainance , security, power , and infrastructure an why don't the govt uses the money to better the lives of the citizen , is it a must we must host - yeye giant of africa

So you actually think the state of that stadium and the state of Nigeria will remain thesame until 2028? ....don't you think that's way too shallow for you to think?. The Govt can only do this much to better the lives of citizens, they cant go around giving N1m to every citizen. The betterment of the life of a Nigerian citizen lies solely In their hands and not the Govt.
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Revolva(m): 5:12pm On Jul 31, 2012
Godogwu:

So you actually think the state of that stadium and the state of Nigeria will remain thesame until 2028? ....don't you think that's way too shallow for you to think?. The Govt can only do this much to better the lives of citizens, they cant go around giving N1m to every citizen. The betterment of the life of a Nigerian citizen lies solely In their hands and not the Govt.

Well we anticipate but 2028 too near let's say 2090 naija go better hahaa but olympic here never
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by omar22(m): 9:19am On Aug 01, 2012
Godogwu:

The Maracana was built in built in 1950
The national stadium was built in 1972

Lets look at both of them today

Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 12:05pm On Apr 30, 2013
POVERTY IN SOUTH AFRICA.
Less than 5% of our population. By 2030 SA will have the highest NEW MIDDLE CLASS in AFRICA. HDI index will be the highest in Africa.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/138243911/Extreme-poverty
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Horus(m): 8:36pm On Jan 12, 2015
Nigeria should increase electricity generation first
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 13, 2015
It will be better if such a bid is tagged "Lagos 2028". There won't be enough space to build an Olympic stadium and ancillary facilities in the city.
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 13, 2015
CFCfan:
It will be better if such a bid is tagged "Lagos 2028". There won't be enough space to build an Olympic stadium and ancillary facilities in the city.
you're so on point bro.
Re: Should Eko Atlantic City Bid For 2028 Olympics by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 13, 2015
Nobleval:
you're so on point bro.
I also think hosting a World Cup is a better option for Nigeria, in the near future (within the next 15yrs), than bidding to host the Olympics.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man City Overtakes Man United As Most Valuable Premier League Club / Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player / Messi Can Quit Barca, If Catalonia Leaves Spain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.