Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,793 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

Creating An Open-source Java Web Service - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Creating An Open-source Java Web Service (15290 Views)

Advise On Good Java Web Application Framework / [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) / Web Service Using Java Or C# (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by xterra2(m): 6:14pm On Aug 01, 2012
Err No for now
But I have done the design of the navigation bar on a paper I would implement it later tonight
Then tomorrow I would the remaining
For the nav bar I have the css already made , its a start grin
I couldn't come up with the design of the remaining webpage because I honestly don't know what am designing for
Its the webpage of an open source java api ?
And how about you any progress ?
By tomorrow night I would have finished
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Javanian: 6:29pm On Aug 01, 2012
xterra2:
I couldn't come up with the design of the remaining webpage because I honestly don't know what am designing for
Its the webpage of an open source java api ?
Yes...its an open source java web service and API...If you have checked the one i uploaded @ sourceforge...it should give you an idea of what i want...or visit www.twilio.com

And how about you any progress ?
most of my part has been done...i cant continue without the front end

By tomorrow night I would have finished
i really really appreciate your effort...
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Javanian: 6:33pm On Aug 01, 2012
Also when you are done..you can upload it a to free hosting account so that we can all see it and give our respective views...
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by robzyone: 8:47am On Aug 02, 2012
Sowi 4 my late response ma, please can u give me my own task. I will love to contribute.
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Javanian: 9:03am On Aug 02, 2012
robzyone: Sowi 4 my late response ma, please can u give me my own task. I will love to contribute.
i see you are a java developer...do you have knowledge of Jsp/Servlets??
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Javanian: 5:45pm On Aug 02, 2012
@xterra2 any update?? grin
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by xterra2(m): 6:44pm On Aug 02, 2012
Um, let's just say am done with the homepage, its all based on your websitetemplate
I can't create the other pages because I don't know what you want in those pages
Like the find out more, web service potral e.t.c
I think I would just create the other pages and leave it blank because like I said I have nothing to put in there
You know what you want in the website so you'll provide the content or u'll add them yourself

Btw,you mentioned a free hosting before, where can I upload it? With free domain and everything
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Javanian: 6:49pm On Aug 02, 2012
The home page will do, visit my3gb.com, open a new account and upload it there, they will give you a sub domain, paste the sub-domain here so that we can all see an give our views

But they dont accept Nigerians...so you will have to use a proxy site grin
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Javanian: 7:04pm On Aug 02, 2012
Volunteers are still welcome
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Javanian: 8:52pm On Aug 02, 2012
UPDATE
I have successfully purchased a domain name http://www.gadgetslim.com and i have created a facebook page www.facebook.com/GadgetSlim

@Xterra2 you now have a name and logo for the front end grin
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by xterra2(m): 11:06pm On Aug 02, 2012
Okay
But how do I upload the site to gadgetslim.com ?
And did you purchase it ? Or is it a free domain

I thought if you get a domain,they would give you the ftp settings so you can upload the site directly say via dreamweaver ?

Or you want the site to be on the 3gb sub domain not gadgetslim.com
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by robzyone: 11:10pm On Aug 02, 2012
I know about servlets
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Javanian: 11:12pm On Aug 02, 2012
xterra2:
And did you purchase it ? Or is it a free domain
yes i purchased it

Or you want the site to be on the 3gb sub domain not gadgetslim.com
Yes!! grin
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Javanian: 11:13pm On Aug 02, 2012
robzyone: I know about servlets
ok can you build a contact us form...that will send the users input to my email??
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by xterra2(m): 3:27am On Aug 03, 2012
EDIT: Done, i created with the proxy and used dreamweaver to upload the files
Before i give you the link
Note: Am not done with it completely, but this is the finished designed, i would just change minor things like for example adding a Welcome to the site, and a border around the section for clicking find more and addding a footer

Now tell me whether you like it or not, be honest and suggest improvements for me
But this was/is tough for me because of the design, i didnt know what i was fully designing i.e like the remaining contents of the page so i couldnt do some things i wanted.

Oya after the front end ( thats if you like it ) what next ?

EDIT2: besides i would have to change some of the tags from div to sections and also add a javascript file to make older IE render well in older IE

EDIT3: Almost forgot to put the link
here is ----> xte2[dot]my3gb[dot]com

EDIT4 : please use chrome, i havent optimized the site well for other browsers
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Javanian: 7:46am On Aug 03, 2012
Good job @Xterra2...but dont you think the colour of the logo dosent match with the colour of the navigation bar??
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by xterra2(m): 12:22pm On Aug 03, 2012
Am thinking of a completely new design
I don't like this

Btw, answer me now, what's next ?
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Javanian: 1:16pm On Aug 03, 2012
After this i'll use the template you give to me and continue working on the dynamic aspect...i'm currently working on getting a hosting plan too...
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Javanian: 7:24pm On Aug 03, 2012
@xterra2 whats up?..did you restart the design? are you modifying it?
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Chimanet(m): 7:56pm On Aug 03, 2012
Helo guys, am a java/jee developer am really impressed with d way you guys r going abt dis project, will lyk 2 contribute my own quota. Guys were will i start from
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Javanian: 8:00pm On Aug 03, 2012
^^^can you work with JSP/Servlets??
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by DAvIt0(m): 8:02pm On Aug 03, 2012
where can i come in, seems someone doing my areA ooo would have loved to help miss
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Javanian: 8:04pm On Aug 03, 2012
DAvIt0: where can i come in, seems someone doing my areA ooo would have loved to help miss
what area can you do??
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Chimanet(m): 8:23pm On Aug 03, 2012
Those guys servlet and jsp r my very gud friend,
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Javanian: 8:28pm On Aug 03, 2012
Chimanet: Those guys servlet and jsp r my very gud friend,
ok...can you build a contact us form that sends users input to my email??
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Chimanet(m): 8:34pm On Aug 03, 2012
Javanian:
ok, but i nid details of ur mail server, lyk host, protocol, ur username and password. U should b able to confirm that from ur webhost. Also wat version of tomcat does ur web host suports?
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Javanian: 8:39pm On Aug 03, 2012
Chimanet: ok, but i nid details of ur mail server, lyk host, protocol, ur username and password. U should b able to confirm that from ur webhost. Also wat version of tomcat does ur mail server suports?
it supports 5.5, 6.0 and 7.0 i don't have a web mail...cant you do it with gmail or yahoomail??
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Chimanet(m): 9:04pm On Aug 03, 2012
Javanian:
it supports 5.5, 6.0 and 7.0 i don't have a web mail...cant you do it with gmail or yahoomail??
will try that with my yahoo email jst pray i wil get the valid yahoo smtp address online. Ok i need javamail api and dependencies
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Javanian: 9:13pm On Aug 03, 2012
ok...Thanks alot..endeavor to keep us updated..
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by xterra2(m): 9:36pm On Aug 03, 2012
Javanian:

My new re designed web page has this I believe in PHP I haven't tested it because am offline, I'll try it when I want to upload the new redesigned site
Hopefully in some hours am almost done
All the pages are in html except the contact us which is a php form and it contains a textbox with name,subject and message after the user clicks submit, It would email the email I provide with subject = email subject, am sure you get the gist now
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Chimanet(m): 9:36pm On Aug 03, 2012
ok
Re: Creating An Open-source Java Web Service by Javanian: 10:01pm On Aug 03, 2012
xterra2:

My new re designed web page has this I believe in PHP I haven't tested it because am offline, I'll try it when I want to upload the new redesigned site
Hopefully in some hours am almost done
All the pages are in html except the contact us which is a php form and it contains a textbox with name,subject and message after the user clicks submit, It would email the email I provide with subject = email subject, am sure you get the gist now
emmm...that would have been really nice..but i'll be using a java host and they dont support php...

@chimanet so you still have your job grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Degree Vs Experience: Which Do Employers Prefer? / 10 Nights Of Cloning Nairaland With PHP / Are Mini Laptops Good For Programming?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.