Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,280 members, 7,815,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Graduates Fail Primary School Questions At Job Test - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Graduates Fail Primary School Questions At Job Test (37945 Views)

Job Vacancy At Job Link Recruitment Agency Ikeja. / How To Answer “why Are You Interested In This Position?” At Job Interviews / How Do I Boost My Self-Confidence At Job Interviews? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduates Fail Primary School Questions At Job Test by demmie1: 8:49am On Jul 30, 2012
all of una dey yab. how many of you know what a lance is?
Re: Graduates Fail Primary School Questions At Job Test by Oluesther(f): 8:49am On Jul 30, 2012
binger: buhahahaha...Thats the world we are living in...many want white collar jobs,but only few deserve it

But the few that deserve it are not given the opportunity most times.

But why is there no job vacancies for those in the Arts? Bsc this, Bsc that; what of Ba? Almost all the job notifications I get is for Bsc holders. I'm sick and tired of all these.

I need a job urgently!
Re: Graduates Fail Primary School Questions At Job Test by 9ijaprince(m): 8:56am On Jul 30, 2012
Lebee4: funny somehow.
Talking about the shorthand thing, its high time job seekers started avoiding it cos it corrupt writing just like pigeon[i][/i] English.

Bros it is called pidgin oh!
Re: Graduates Fail Primary School Questions At Job Test by ITbomb(m): 8:58am On Jul 30, 2012
acidtalk:

About 15 of them or so are 2:1 and 1st class products.

The irony of it all is that, the 3 who passed all are all 2:2 products.
Just what was on my mind.
NNPC took the 1st class from all those mushroom universities and ended up issuing a derogatory statement about nigerian graduates.
I still believe a 2.2 from any federal university is better than a 2.1 from state or private university
Re: Graduates Fail Primary School Questions At Job Test by juman(m): 8:59am On Jul 30, 2012
I don't believe the topic.

obo_man: If I'm in a position to interview candidates, creativity and problem-solving skills would be what I will be looking for, rather than their ability to spell.

Problem-solving skills make businesses thrive, creativity takes businesses to the next level.

Checking candidates' mastery of words is sometimes irrelevant in businesses and companies.

Abi o. I wonder what that kind of test aim to achieve.

Most graduates in nigeria will know the difference of chatting and serious issue writing.
Re: Graduates Fail Primary School Questions At Job Test by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 30, 2012
@Brand new- there days or "these days"
resoursefulness or resourcefulness.
@Leebec and ALL- Pigeon English or you mean to say "Pidgin English" and for your information, there is nothing like pidgin English. It is either "Pidgin grammar" or just "Pidgin" or you can use vernacular. English is English! No pidgin or Vernacular English.
Re: Graduates Fail Primary School Questions At Job Test by gsalvatore: 9:00am On Jul 30, 2012
you need not be surprised. go to the universities and see how unserious they are including their lectures.
my younger brother in federal university ekiti told me that a senior lecturer can pair two phones with a Bluetooth.
you can imagine nah.....Have you seen some of naija lecturers lesson notes. i guess you can carbon date it back to the pharaohs era. lol grin grin grin
Re: Graduates Fail Primary School Questions At Job Test by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 30, 2012
Connoisseur:

really funny
@Brand new- there days or "these days"
resoursefulness or resourcefulness.
@Leebec and ALL- Pigeon English or you mean to say "Pidgin English" and for your information, there is nothing like pidgin English. It is either "Pidgin grammar" or just "Pidgin" or you can use vernacular. English is English! No pidgin or Vernacular English.
Re: Graduates Fail Primary School Questions At Job Test by labamo07(m): 9:05am On Jul 30, 2012
Education system in Nigeria is truly infected. I know so many graduates that are unable to construct a simple English sentence. I could vividly remember an exam during my university days when å candidate copied å fellow candidate's name and matric number. We all share the blame because the cheat routine starts from the SSCE to JAMB to Post JAMB to admission to tests to exams to project et al. I am no saint either.
Re: Graduates Fail Primary School Questions At Job Test by BusHouse(m): 9:08am On Jul 30, 2012
yommy2sure:
you wey know...how u take carry last?
Me carry last? Eno possible becos i dey enterprising, not waiting for a white collar job. Be creative my brother. Other wise u go dey always carry last.
Re: Graduates Fail Primary School Questions At Job Test by ishmael(m): 9:09am On Jul 30, 2012
acidtalk: It is so sad how our educational system has deteriorated. A friend invited me to come and help him with the test given to applicants for various positions in his company.
The whole vacant positions were for B.Sc Holders in different fields like Engineering, Business Administration, Economics, Geology and so many others.

A total of 67 people were present for the test and believe it or not, only 3 people actually knew the difference between the below words.

Thought - Taught
Mood - Mode
Sight - Site
Course - Curse
Suit - Suite
Fill - Feel
Hear - Ear
Browse - Surf
Rain - Reign

More than Half of them kept on typing in short forms thinking they were chatting with their Blackberry or Facebook friends.

How bad will things like this keep happening amongst our so called educated youths and graduates especially?
Since uni Bsc graduates have failed his test, tell ur friend to try poly HND graduates, they are better.
Re: Graduates Fail Primary School Questions At Job Test by EXCELLENCEAbia: 9:09am On Jul 30, 2012
i'm not suprise about this because it is what we have we give. most of them didn't seat for jamb but they have certificate, alot had made their parents life difficult to take care of other family issues because of excess demand for sorting. well if we are to talk all space may not contain but most of our parents are part of this destruction(miracle center)
Re: Graduates Fail Primary School Questions At Job Test by ishmael(m): 9:11am On Jul 30, 2012
acidtalk: It is so sad how our educational system has deteriorated. A friend invited me to come and help him with the test given to applicants for various positions in his company.
The whole vacant positions were for B.Sc Holders in different fields like Engineering, Business Administration, Economics, Geology and so many others.

A total of 67 people were present for the test and believe it or not, only 3 people actually knew the difference between the below words.

Thought - Taught
Mood - Mode
Sight - Site
Course - Curse
Suit - Suite
Fill - Feel
Hear - Ear
Browse - Surf
Rain - Reign

More than Half of them kept on typing in short forms thinking they were chatting with their Blackberry or Facebook friends.

How bad will things like this keep happening amongst our so called educated youths and graduates especially?
Since uni Bsc graduates have failed his test, tell ur friend to try poly HND graduates, i'm 99% confident they they will pass the test.
Re: Graduates Fail Primary School Questions At Job Test by smsmoney(m): 9:12am On Jul 30, 2012
The downside of facebook,bbm,twiter etc
Re: Graduates Fail Primary School Questions At Job Test by ebunchi(f): 9:13am On Jul 30, 2012
[/color]
knockturnal: Na wah o nairalanders! una bad mouth o. evry post made is now seen as an opportunity for every Tom, D*ick and Harry to express thier derogatary skills. When u climb the mountain and shout that Nigeria's education system is in the gutters, where did u do your own studying...on Mars? The assesment made by the poster is in no way a yardstick for measuring our education system. All it shows is that he conducted a test for dumb as*s* candidates. Am quite new to nairaland and i can deduce from comments i have read on various topics that our educational system has successfully produced bright, articulate and creative products which can hold thier own in any area where they are put to test. ITS NOT THE SYSTEM, ITS THE MATERIAL. For God's sake we have all heard of GIGO!(garbage in, garbage out.). A dumb student is a dumb student, in Nigeria, China, USA, UK even on Phukin Pluto! I went to a primary school where my class teacher would send me to sell soap and other product to her colleagues in nearby schools from 8am till school closes atleast thrice a week which invariably meant that i missed all that was taught for that day, but am still the brightest bulb in any room i enter.i graduted with a 4.37 CGPA. While my peer who went to a private daycare, KG, nursery, primary, secondary school brought his courseforms for me to fill where he had already indicated his course of study as 'FARMACE'(pharmacy). Its not the system for God's sake. Its YOU!
[color=#006600]
knockturnal: Na wah o nairalanders! una bad mouth o. evry post made is now seen as an opportunity for every Tom, D*ick and Harry to express thier derogatary skills. When u climb the mountain and shout that Nigeria's education system is in the gutters, where did u do your own studying...on Mars? The assesment made by the poster is in no way a yardstick for measuring our education system. All it shows is that he conducted a test for dumb as*s* candidates. Am quite new to nairaland and i can deduce from comments i have read on various topics that our educational system has successfully produced bright, articulate and creative products which can hold thier own in any area where they are put to test. ITS NOT THE SYSTEM, ITS THE MATERIAL. For God's sake we have all heard of GIGO!(garbage in, garbage out.). A dumb student is a dumb student, in Nigeria, China, USA, UK even on Phukin Pluto! I went to a primary school where my class teacher would send me to sell soap and other product to her colleagues in nearby schools from 8am till school closes atleast thrice a week which invariably meant that i missed all that was taught for that day, but am still the brightest bulb in any room i enter.i graduted with a 4.37 CGPA. While my peer who went to a private daycare, KG, nursery, primary, secondary school brought his courseforms for me to fill where he had already indicated his course of study as 'FARMACE'(pharmacy). Its not the system for God's sake. Its YOU!
well said . Its not the system its YOU.

1 Like

Re: Graduates Fail Primary School Questions At Job Test by Oluesther(f): 9:22am On Jul 30, 2012
obo_man: If I'm in a position to interview candidates, creativity and problem-solving skills would be what I will be looking for, rather than their ability to spell.

Problem-solving skills make businesses thrive, creativity takes businesses to the next level.

Checking candidates' mastery of words is sometimes irrelevant in businesses and companies.
Re: Graduates Fail Primary School Questions At Job Test by yommy2sure(m): 9:30am On Jul 30, 2012
BusHouse: Me carry last? Eno possible becos i dey enterprising, not waiting for a white collar job. Be creative my brother. Other wise u go dey always carry last.
lol...because I want a white collar job translates to not creative?... Speak for yourself, I know myself and my strenght and its not in fixing nails!
Re: Graduates Fail Primary School Questions At Job Test by yommy2sure(m): 9:31am On Jul 30, 2012
BusHouse: Me carry last? Eno possible becos i dey enterprising, not waiting for a white collar job. Be creative my brother. Other wise u go dey always carry last.
Re: Graduates Fail Primary School Questions At Job Test by Skii(m): 9:33am On Jul 30, 2012
Oya, every single one of you, right from the OP, including the MODs, bring out your 2A exercise books and tell me the difference between the following words in italics angry
Seun, "sir"...Write down the names of noise makers

Number ONE...

1) The bandage was wound around the wound.

2) The farm was used to produce produce .

3) The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.

4) We must polish the Polish furniture.

5) He could lead if he would get the lead out.

6) The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert..

7) Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present .

8 ) A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.

9) When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.

10) I did not object to the object.

11) The insurance was invalid for the invalid.

12) There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row .

13) They were too close to the door to close it.

14) The buck does funny things when the does are present.

15) A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.

16) To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.

17) The wind was too strong to wind the sail.

18) Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.

19) I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.

20) How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?

2 Likes

Re: Graduates Fail Primary School Questions At Job Test by DiyaDayo: 9:49am On Jul 30, 2012
Most of this people that is writing jagons will still fail if they give them thesame test.
Re: Graduates Fail Primary School Questions At Job Test by gentlegg(m): 9:49am On Jul 30, 2012
Honestly this is one topic i hope it could be discussed over and over on nairaland. A friend recently asked me to help her edit her CV on net and send to her aunty, who wants to assist her secure a job somewhere. She wrote "EDUCATIONAL BYGROUND" somewhere, when i saw it, i thought is just a mistake, i corrected it to EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND, when she later came back with her aunty's email address, she said she wants to go through the edited CV before sending it to avoid any mistake, i told her there is no need for that, and besides am busy with my system, but you know women, she later persuaded me to accept, then to my chagrin, she spotted my correction and told me that i made a mistake somewhere, when i came to see my mistake, she pointed to the EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND, that it is not what she wrote, she wrote EDUCATIONAL BYGROUND while i mistakenly wrote EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND. I was dumbfounded, i told her that i think what i wrote is right, because i said "i think" she started asking me if am really sure, i told her i think am sure, she reluctantly then accepted what i wrote. Before i forget, she is a married 2006 Polymer & Textile FUTO graduate. Till today it pains me anytime i remember today's Nigerian graduates, most especially female folks.
Re: Graduates Fail Primary School Questions At Job Test by mmkamson(m): 9:52am On Jul 30, 2012
acidtalk:

Some of the Applicants are from this same nairaland.
He said he posted the vancacies here and people ackwoledged the fact they saw it in this forum.
Now you've got me thinking somehow the applicants might have been right afterall, when you that claimed to know it all find it hard to correctly spell 'vacancies', as if that is not enough you still think they got the information 'IN this forum'.
Re: Graduates Fail Primary School Questions At Job Test by xtremeidea(m): 9:59am On Jul 30, 2012

Thought - Taught
Mood - Mode
Sight - Site
Course - Curse
Suit - Suite
Fill - Feel
Hear - Ear
Browse - Surf
Rain - Reign

@Poster, Can u pls call for another test and call me instead grin grin grin grin
Re: Graduates Fail Primary School Questions At Job Test by Ninapha(f): 9:59am On Jul 30, 2012
akinmusi: Why are some of you all acting like you know or fare better?

Deep down within, you know your weakness.

I can say thanks to this thread, some of you can now ask yourself questions like, "na true o, I no sabi these things o".So, the best you think you can do now is opt at this opportunity to jeer at those applicants.

@op, Yes, all these things you observed and the findings are true. God will help us. But we must make deliberate effort to help our falling educational standard.

@Everyone, Pls I mean no disrespect. Lets be conscious of how we use short forms. It's important. Thanks
. That brings in more words to consider. Fare - fair. Failing - falling. Short form. No, no, no. Avbreviations and acronym. Pls take note!
Re: Graduates Fail Primary School Questions At Job Test by DiyaDayo: 10:00am On Jul 30, 2012
is just that those one failed this expect such question is posible that they are panic.
Re: Graduates Fail Primary School Questions At Job Test by sleekysol(m): 10:04am On Jul 30, 2012
No doubt you are right about the level of education in nigeria but where you and your freind went wrong is in basing your requirements on level of degree. There are so many with lower level of degree but the ability to deliver. Having said that, it is imperative that you consider the salary factor also. Many private company wants to employ 1st class holders and pay peanuts. Well lets say you reap what you sow.
Re: Graduates Fail Primary School Questions At Job Test by Onyenna(m): 10:05am On Jul 30, 2012
philip0906: oh yeah and d bashing begins. . .because 64 "graduates" could not differentiate between words,Nigerian Graduates(who are in their millions) are unqualified 2 hold certificates. . .sick mentality

**talkaboutfallacy**.... But it's sad though....
Re: Graduates Fail Primary School Questions At Job Test by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 30, 2012
antitpiah:

You cant use language fluency to measure technical competence or can you? Go to top American colleges and universities, the cream, their graduate program is full of Asians and Indians who can barely express themselves in clear English, yet White America still flocks to Asia to recruit them. I mean, the left brain's function is different from what the right brain was designed for.

look at this lying troll

you have to take the GRE and toefl to enter those top schools as a foreigner, so go and spin your lies somewhere else

1 Like

Re: Graduates Fail Primary School Questions At Job Test by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 30, 2012
The best you would find out is that some of those who failed the screening test would be given employment,screening or no screening the job is already fixed,yeye people.
Re: Graduates Fail Primary School Questions At Job Test by charlsecy4(m): 10:26am On Jul 30, 2012
antitpiah: The pronunciations arent the same though, at least to native speakers.

THEY ARE HOMOPHONES. Simple.
Re: Graduates Fail Primary School Questions At Job Test by ocheejemb: 10:32am On Jul 30, 2012

Makes sense..but depends on the kind of job

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

World Bank Is Currently Recruiting Young Nigerians (see Link And Apply) / My Sordid Experience As A Female Lawyer Job Hunting. / FG Approves 15,000 NDLEA Recruitments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.