Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,079 members, 7,818,233 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash (15290 Views)

Tension In Ondo Community Over Pipeline Attacks-the Nation / Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them / 33 Feared Dead In Ogun As Coaster Bus Plunges Into River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by Ganys: 3:15pm On Jul 29, 2012
CHouse: But seriously why is it always the muslims vs adherents of other faith. From d recent embarassing Oloolu saga in which i was highly disappointetd in my yoruba brothers inaction on the situation to Anambra mosque demolition to the apparent cleansing of the Christians up-north. Cant y'all just live and let others live Why must it always be violence, tension, enmity wherever you people are. Places where relative peace can be found are regions where other faiths have been subjugated or totally wiped out yet you clamour for religious freedom and equity in places where you are the minority. It's a shame my yoruba people are losing it in the aspect of the protection of their cultural and religious heritage. We risk to have the destruction of important cultural sites as being experienced in mali replicate itself in Southwest Nigeria if the excesses on the part of these islamists isn't curbed on time.
If you want to hide something from a Bigoted Black Man, Put it in writting...I dont have time to reply a frozen brain like you this new week....mtchweee

1 Like

Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by Ganys: 3:20pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ramcie: Seems reading is so difficult for some people. They won't read the post all they do is spew rubbish from their keyboards all because Muslims are mentioned.#smh . And they claim they are educated . It breaks my heart to see such . If you can't read get someone who can to read for u.
Its High time SEUN install a Dictation software on this Forum, This will help those Bigots that cant read

1 Like

Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by nduchucks: 3:23pm On Jul 29, 2012
Bigoted posters are blaming Muslims, though the Muslims were physically attacked by the barbaric Oro cult. SMH

Its time to destroy those Oro shrines where human sacrifices and other horendous activities take place. Its time to leave these outdated, animalistic, and outright uncivilized practices behind us. This is 2012 for goodness sake.

2 Likes

Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by Ganys: 3:26pm On Jul 29, 2012
Chinom: One question still baffles me. Why are there so many muslims in Yoruba land anyway?. There are just as many mosques in Lagos as there are churches. A certain BH tendencies in SW worries me. I'm just concerned. That's all.
Now, I can see that you can do better than BokoBoyz if given chance...Criminal
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by Ganys: 3:27pm On Jul 29, 2012
stevenosa: When you are in the Northern part of this country, called Nigeria, you must do and obey the tradition of the inhabitant of that part. Now, they are here in the South complaining of ORO disturbing their movement. Are they the only people that were affected by the restriction? Those who knows the tradition in that part of the State have all moved to nearby towns, while should a stranger now be the one to go to the government and report. Time is running out my people. The earlier we stand our ground, the better.
Oh...You mean those muslims in Ogun are from Bornu & Kano, Abi
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by Lakasigbe(m): 3:28pm On Jul 29, 2012
U ppl jst need 2 be reasonable b4 u post. Silly ppl, cant u read.
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by CHouse: 3:46pm On Jul 29, 2012
@betathings
You need to know that i don't have personal animosity towards the muslims even though doctrinal differences is apparent. Some of my closest friends are muslims and we talk and even crack jokes about our religious attachments at times.

What i was trying to point out is that we shouldn't discard or make our traditional and cultural identities fade because of imported religions. Even as deep as the egyptians are religiously, they wouldnt allow their physical and abstract history go into oblivion afterall the ancient egyptians were pagans yet there features are still been preserved and promoted today regardless of the fact that the seat of power is occupied by an islamic party. Oololu masqurade for instance can't never be held in the same esteem it once had before the recent incident.
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by Royals1st: 3:50pm On Jul 29, 2012
why is this time the so called ORO want Muslims to stay indoor when they understand this Ramadan month this country we just like wahala and for those of you who comment that why is always Muslims please read the post before you comment who reported the case ? to the police and govt is not the Muslims and more so the ORO people understand Muslims pray together so they should not go to msq abi waiting and more so they need to move around to get things they need for fasting and some public programs are going around the stress so why the blame on Muslims if the ORO please are so powerful they should go and use there power to get BOKO H not to stress people begging for forgiveness of sin so we need to reason well before we judge and the GOVT should reason well when such issue arise .
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by bashr8: 3:59pm On Jul 29, 2012
only becomerich can explain this
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by bashr8: 4:01pm On Jul 29, 2012
ndu_chucks: Bigoted posters are blaming Muslims, though the Muslims were physically attacked by the barbaric Oro cult. SMH

Its time to destroy those Oro shrines where human sacrifices and other horendous activities take place. Its time to leave these outdated, animalistic, and outright uncivilized practices behind us. This is 2012 for goodness sake.
whats the difference between them and muslim fanatics that attack and kill women and children for no reason? talking about animalistic and uncivilized praticss
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by Abbycite(m): 4:05pm On Jul 29, 2012
Royals1st: why is this time the so called ORO want Muslims to stay indoor when they understand this Ramadan month this country we just like wahala and for those of you who comment that why is always Muslims please read the post before you comment who reported the case ? to the police and govt is not the Muslims and more so the ORO people understand Muslims pray together so they should not go to msq abi waiting and more so they need to move around to get things they need for fasting and some public programs are going around the stress so why the blame on Muslims if the ORO please are so powerful they should go and use there power to get BOKO H not to stress people begging for forgiveness of sin so we need to reason well before we judge and the GOVT should reason well when such issue arise .

Sometimes, I pity the kind of education that will be imparted on future generations....am sorry to say, but your comment make no sense at all...dem no teach u punctuation for ur school?
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by asha80(m): 4:23pm On Jul 29, 2012
bashr8: only becomerich can explain this
grin
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 29, 2012
ndu_chucks: Bigoted posters are blaming Muslims, though the Muslims were physically attacked by the barbaric Oro cult. SMH

and islamic human sacrifice should be allowed because this is 2012 for goodness sake?
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 29, 2012
very true.the western niger mission is under threat.I hope the satellite pictures will bring the western niger mission back on track.
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by str8talk1: 4:50pm On Jul 29, 2012
Any traditional activities dat restrict pple's freedom of movement shld b resisted wt brutal force.
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by frikuenci(m): 5:03pm On Jul 29, 2012
BetaThings:
Peace loving by declaring curfew?
I am not a christian. But I have not seen where Muslims have declared a curfew for one day before
So your 365 day thing is untrue

In case u don't know, the curfew is part of the custom and tradition of the oro festival. As such a non indegene sud stay clear of the open same applies to the women. Such traditions have been there for ages and like someone wrote earlier why can't they have just one day to observe their spiritual cleasing of their town based on their believe. For any other religion to have criticize them is an act of gross intolerance. Moreover wud the muslims there prefered not to have been informed before hand and put the restricted individual In danger(females etc). Give onto Caesar what is caesar's. Its their tradition. So its not part of Islam or Christianity to restrict movement as part of their own spiritual cleansing otherwise such wud be as crossing boundary for other religious beliefs. The curfew is no big deal.
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 29, 2012
Some of you people dont know that those native doctors you all secretely patronize in the middle of the night and in secret places are adherents of the oro and other traditional religions.
do you people want these foreign religions to destroy the potency of african jazz ?
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by curtain: 5:13pm On Jul 29, 2012
ndu_chucks: human sacrifices and other horendous activities take place. Its time to leave these outdated, animalistic, and outright uncivilized practices behind us. This is 2012 for goodness sake.
THIS IS A PERFECT DISCRIPTION OF BOKO HARAM ANIMALS, KILLING IN THE NAME OF ALLAH, THESE HYPOCRITES HV 4GOTEN DAT ORO TRADITION HAS BEEN THERE B4 DANFODIO USED FORCE MAJURE AND EVIL POWER 2 TURN THEM IN2 SLAVES OF ALLAH. ORO TRADITION IS FIXED 4 DIS TIME, RAMADAMN HAS NO KNOWN DATE. WHICH OF THE TWO IS TIMELY. MY QUESTION IS BTW ORO AND ISLAM, WHICH CONSUMES INNOCENT LIVES MORE, AND WHICH SHUD A HUMANE AND RATIONAL THINKING PERSON PREFER?.

2 Likes

Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by muktarmtt(m): 5:13pm On Jul 29, 2012
I feel u novice who heck r does cult even have a nap to order ppl not move anyware cn u. Imagin if na muslim pll say dat u cn see hw ppl go course dem nd call us terroriest, imagin det even report to dey police nd nfing hav don dey allow does stupid cult group to attack dem we need justice.or else we take it wit our hand

1 Like

Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by muktarmtt(m): 5:21pm On Jul 29, 2012
@Watch tower u r very stupid let us kill our self we go start wit u son of d bitch, funk ass muther fuker we go kill u first because ur farmily r not among abi?
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by kunletech: 5:32pm On Jul 29, 2012
Muslims should always try to understand that there are time u don't have choice than to compromise ur right for peace to rain as other religion always compromise their right for u when praying on friday.
Remenber u will block major roads that belong to public and no any religion that has ever obstruct u from that.
Muslims, I believe if u people stop practising religion and start worshiping true God, the world will be peacefull and look like a small paradise.

1 Like

Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by phildon: 6:13pm On Jul 29, 2012
bashr8: whats the difference between them and muslim fanatics that attack and kill women and children for no reason? talking about animalistic and uncivilized praticss
Those bad acts of the muslims are perpertually being condemned even by the muslims. But for now, these cultists are bargaining for serious trouble.
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by phildon: 6:17pm On Jul 29, 2012
kunletech: Muslims should always try to understand that there are time u don't have choice than to compromise ur right for peace to rain as other religion always compromise their right for u when praying on friday.
Remenber u will block major roads that belong to public and no any religion that has ever obstruct u from that.
Muslims, I believe if u people stop practising religion and start worshiping true God, the world will be peacefull and look like a small paradise.
The muslims have been quite over the oro cultural festival, but this time around, it is clashing with Ramadan festival too. So, by your judgement, they should abondon their ramadan and join the oro. Think before u comment, pls
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by phildon: 6:26pm On Jul 29, 2012
curtain: THIS IS A PERFECT DISCRIPTION OF BOKO HARAM ANIMALS, KILLING IN THE NAME OF ALLAH, THESE HYPOCRITES HV 4GOTEN DAT ORO TRADITION HAS BEEN THERE B4 DANFODIO USED FORCE MAJURE AND EVIL POWER 2 TURN THEM IN2 SLAVES OF ALLAH. ORO TRADITION IS FIXED 4 DIS TIME, RAMADAMN HAS NO KNOWN DATE. WHICH OF THE TWO IS TIMELY. MY QUESTION IS BTW ORO AND ISLAM, WHICH CONSUMES INNOCENT LIVES MORE, AND WHICH SHUD A HUMANE AND RATIONAL THINKING PERSON PREFER?.
But by my last count, the muslims I know said BH are not practicing islam. What about that, Mr cultist?
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by JaaizTech: 6:42pm On Jul 29, 2012
stevenosa: When you are in the Northern part of this country, called Nigeria, you must do and obey the tradition of the inhabitant of that part. Now, they are here in the South complaining of ORO disturbing their movement. Are they the only people that were affected by the restriction? Those who knows the tradition in that part of the State have all moved to nearby towns, while should a stranger now be the one to go to the government and report. Time is running out my people. The earlier we stand our ground, the better.
This is unbelievable, your level of ignorance is shocking!. SInce when did the noun Muslims become synonymous with Northerners or Hausas. There are many Yoruba Muslims in this country and perhaps even more Yoruba Muslims than Christians in the South-west.
Lastly, you should be ashamed of yourself, that you can't make yourself to reason objectively. Your hatred for Muslims and bias towards Islam has clearly distorted your sense of reasoning...

1 Like

Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by JaaizTech: 6:50pm On Jul 29, 2012
phildon: The muslims have been quite over the oro cultural festival, but this time around, it is clashing with Ramadan festival too. So, by your judgement, they should abondon their ramadan and join the oro. Think before u comment, pls
Bros. don't waste your time on this guy, He deliberately doesn't want to think. How more irrational and unreasonable can one be To stay in your home because some few ORO cultist says so, even after the govt. has given orders restricting them.!!!
This is why you read many stupid and sentimental comments on this forum, because most of the people here have just made up their minds on certain subject matters, even when it is clearly wrong.They are people enslaved in their hatred for Islam and Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by kunletech: 7:30pm On Jul 29, 2012
phildon: The muslims have been quite
over the oro cultural festival, but this
time around, it is clashing with
Ramadan festival too. So, by your
judgement, they should abondon their
ramadan and join the oro. Think before
u comment, pls
Bros. don't waste your time on this guy,
He deliberately doesn't want to think. How
more irrational and unreasonable can one
be To stay in your home because some
few ORO cultist says so, even after the
govt. has given orders restricting them.!!!
This is why you read many silly and
sentimental comments on this forum,
because most of the people here have just
made up their minds on certain subject
matters, even when it is clearly
wrong.They are people enslaved in their
hatred for Islam and Muslims.

Just one day for whatever they want to do, U guys can't. Well, believe it or not ur religion is intolerant, not only in niger, but allover d world.
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by gists: 7:37pm On Jul 29, 2012
kunletech:
Just one day for whatever they want to do, U guys can't. Well, believe it or not ur religion is intolerant, not only in niger, but allover d world.

Sum1 asked will u be willing to observe a curfew imposed by the oro cult (even after the state gov. told them to restrict themselves to dia part of the town) and stay in door on the 25th of dec? Be careful what u wish 4 say to others because u will probably get it.
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by awesomebenji(m): 7:45pm On Jul 29, 2012
HI NAIRALANDERS, DNT LET US SPEAK AGAIN RELIGIONS HERE. D OP REPORTED DAT D MUSLIM GUY REPORTED D IMPOSED CURFEW 2 D GOVT., AND DEY WERE ATTACKD BY D ORO GUYS 4 DOIN SO... 2 ME, D MUSLIM GUYZ AREN'T @ FAULT IN ANY WAY.
IN YORUBALAND ESPECIALLY IN IJEBU/REMOLAND, ORO FESTIVAL IS DONE MOSTLY DURIN D DAYLITE UNLIKE IN ODA YORUBALANDS, DAT IS DERE CULTURE...
Believe me, even d state govt wil neva go against dis as already reportd dat d town was empty & no police officers found on d streets...except any1 wu is ready 2 die...
DIS IS MY CONCLUSION, D MUSLIM GUYS COULD AV ENDURED & OBEY D LAW OF D ANCESTRAL LAND.
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by deeplo(m): 7:52pm On Jul 29, 2012
I read this story and i laugh in Spanish. I was actually in that town Ikenne with my little boy age 1yr 8months from 10am on Saturday till 7pm, there was no fight or quarrel, although it might have happened before the D day, but i can confirm that the oro festival was peaceful. Let me also state that majority of the women and ladies in that town sees the festival as a day of rest. They love it and cherish it. Its just like a national public holiday for most of them. Ask any woman from these following towns and they will tell you they love it....towns like, Odogbolu, Ilisan remo, Ikenne, Irolu, Ogere, Ode remo, Iperu, Ijebu-ijesha, Ipara and Ishara.
Next week is Ilisan remo, Oro festival and sincerely people are really preparing for it. To them it's a party like festival not a occultist festival.
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by maclatunji: 8:07pm On Jul 29, 2012
deeplo: I read this story and i laugh in Spanish. I was actually in that town Ikenne with my little boy age 1yr 8months from 10am on Saturday till 7pm, there was no fight or quarrel, although it might have happened before the D day, but i can confirm that the oro festival was peaceful. Let me also state that majority of the women and ladies in that town sees the festival as a day of rest. They love it and cherish it. Its just like a national public holiday for most of them. Ask any woman from these following towns and they will tell you they love it....towns like, Odogbolu, Ilisan remo, Ikenne, Irolu, Ogere, Ode remo, Iperu, Ijebu-ijesha, Ipara and Ishara.
Next week is Ilisan remo, Oro festival and sincerely people are really preparing for it. To them it's a party like festival not a occultist festival.

You will be shocked at the crimes committed in the name of this "wonderful" festival you are painting .
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by tribalism(m): 8:18pm On Jul 29, 2012
phildon: The first sign of civilization is respect for other people's feelings. Why will a cult group restrict movement of people during Ramadan and the muslims lodge their complains to the govt, and you are talking like this? I'm a xtiain, I beg you to be civilized even for once.
which one is xtiain as am very sure you're not a christian.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kaduna, Chinese Firm Sign Pact For New Kaduna Refinery / Lagos LG Election: Police Arrest Five Fake Party Agents / Kwara Residents Groan As Projects Nominated By Saraki Abandoned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.