Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down (8220 Views)

Bamanga Tukur Escapes Assassination - The Nation / PDP Is The Messi Of Nigerian Politics – Tukur To Opposition Parties. / Bamanga Tukur To Stand Surety For His Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by proudlyafrican(m): 8:26pm On Jul 30, 2012
The call for Bamanga Tukur resignation is a welcome development because he will definitely use his position to influence the case just as he has used his influence to get him into the oil business with our stolen money,otherwise what major work has the son done in his entire life to raise the needed fund to float such a company? I have kept record of this case and will follow the matter religiously to the end and i will come back to give my comment in 2015.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by WMD(m): 8:41pm On Jul 30, 2012
chima12: ACN is stupid party for calling on PDP chairman to resign.was PDP chairman elected to the seat by nigerians?
no! I think somalians elected him

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by warrior01: 8:59pm On Jul 30, 2012
valacious: Alh Lai a.k.a acn towncrier, you have forgotten that the ACN vice presidential candidate, mr fola adeola u fielded alongside ribadu in this past election is the chairman abi director of Eterna Oil and Gas company that has same Bamanga tukur son as chairman of Eterna Oil co. that was indicted in this subsidy fraud. So tell me, who should cast the first stone at Bamanga Tukur's son?
Before Bamanga Tukur resigns, INEC should first deregister ACN as a political party for fielding a thief (Femi Adeola) as their vice presidential candidate in the last election. Talk of kettle calling pot black

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by Delafruita(m): 9:04pm On Jul 30, 2012
warrior01:
Before Bamanga Tukur resigns, INEC should first deregister ACN as a political party for fielding a thief (Femi Adeola) as their vice presidential candidate in the last election. Talk of kettle calling pot black
which kain olodo be this?who is femi adeola?na only fola adeola i sabi and he was the founding CEO of guaranty trust bank.where thiefing enter the matter?some people sha wan make comment sha.na by force?
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by thomason: 9:10pm On Jul 30, 2012
dedeike: They should tell Mr. GBAJA, sorry GBAJABIAMILA, the fraudster to resign first then we can take it up from there. Foolish people.
I didn't know Lai Mohammed still had a voice. I thought he has gone dumb after Oyo taxpayers money was used to sponsor the wives of ACN lawmakers on a trip to London for capacity building training on how to protect their husbands from increasing competition from Oyo babes.

Bro, Eventhough we all know ACN is a better version of PDP, Mr Gbaja was not convicted of any fraudulent crime and cant be called a fraudster. I can name more than 10 convicted PDP top members and even there South West boss, Bode George. You dont need to attack them cos they aint PDP, we should always be honest and sincere when dealing with national issues irrespective of the party affiliation.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by thomason: 9:12pm On Jul 30, 2012
bobokelly: Alhaji Bamanga Tukur is not a suspect, but his, in the court of law Mr A can not be responsible for the offence commited by Mr B, the son is old enough to face his charges.

Correct
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by babestella: 9:33pm On Jul 30, 2012
why
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by FrankC3: 10:13pm On Jul 30, 2012
Ok. Nobody convicted Gbaja._(*) of any crime but Alhaji Tukur was indicted? Smart dude...

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by Flyingngel(m): 10:23pm On Jul 30, 2012
J12: Talkatives
wonder dey say shall never end.
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by DANILSA(m): 10:42pm On Jul 30, 2012
Pls let's note that dis tukur's son is an old man of more than 40yrs with his own family and business, how can any reasonable person ask him to resign because of a fellow man, let's be sincere dis has nothing to do with tukur. acn should first remove the straw in their eyes before the raf in PDP's eye.
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by waja(m): 10:42pm On Jul 30, 2012
Mathew 7:16 said it all.
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by DANILSA(m): 10:47pm On Jul 30, 2012
proudlyafrican: The call for Bamanga Tukur resignation is a welcome development because he will definitely use his position to influence the case just as he has used his influence to get him into the oil business with our stolen money,otherwise what major work has the son done in his entire life to raise the needed fund to float such a company? I have kept record of this case and will follow the matter religiously to the end and i will come back to give my comment in 2015.
will u die before then? LOL
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by anonimi: 4:45am On Jul 31, 2012
A few days after the Oyo State government sent wives of state legislators on a wasteful jamboree to the United Kingdom, the executive arm took its turn today, the governor and about 15 commissioners and assistants jetting out on a parallel $250,000 , publicly-funded trip to the Olympics Games.

SaharaReporters learnt that the pretence of the governor, whose state recently suffered a devastating flood that rendered many citizens homeless, is that his team will be hunting for foreign investors at the Olympics.

In real life, the Oyo state contingent will merely be enjoying the Olympics and shopping in London, SaharaReporters was informed.

The governor is a member of the Action Congress Party of Nigeria (ACN), the leading opposition party in Nigeria, which has a sizable following in the Southwest region. The party is often quick to condemn wasteful spending by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) ruling elite but typically ducks when its operatives engage in the same level of criminal conduct.

Only today, the ACN publicity secretary, Lai Mohammed, issued a statement asking PDP chairman Bamanga Tukur to resign from office on account of his son's trial for oil subsidy fund fraud, but the party has failed to prevail on the Speaker of Lagos State House of Assembly, Mr. Ikuforiji, who is standing trial before a federal High Court in Lagos for stealing and laundering N500 million, to resign.

Among others, flood is a perennial problem in Oyo State. In just one instance last year, over 100 people were killed. And a few days ago, a temporary wooden bridge in Apete, Ido Local Government Area, was washed away, cutting off several communities.

Critics say that rather than fix these problems, Ajimobi has chosen to idle away in London and burn valuable development funds.

A Political Science teacher at the University of Ibadan told SaharaReporters that Ajimobi has turned out a huge disappointment to the people of Oyo state and that he would not be surprised if citizens soon start saying they preferred former governor, Alao Akala.

"The expectations that Ajimobi was going to improve on governance in Oyo state have been totally dashed,” he said.

“You hardly can see any presence of governance in the state except in ostentatious lifestyles of government officials and senseless jamborees.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/oyo-state-governor-ajimobi-15-aides-olympic

Lai Muhammed and the Association of Conmen in Nigeria should also worry more about their LOOTocrats in government.
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by Nobody: 4:53am On Jul 31, 2012
chima12: ACN is stupid party for calling on PDP chairman to resign.was PDP chairman elected to the seat by nigerians?

Gawd, You ignorant monkey!

In more civilized climes thats the path of honor he would have taken.
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by koolboi(m): 5:09am On Jul 31, 2012
Was it not the father's influence that made connection for the son?
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by F00028: 5:33am On Jul 31, 2012
is ACN a branch of PDP? wetin consign them?
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by Moralistli(m): 5:42am On Jul 31, 2012
is it their business?
yey noise makers[color=#990000][/color]

It is their business because that is how politics function....
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by Moralistli(m): 5:52am On Jul 31, 2012
ACN is silly party for calling on PDP chairman to resign.was PDP chairman elected to the seat by nigerian?

The 'papa deceiving picking' party members that elected him ain't Togolese FYI.
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by Moralistli(m): 6:04am On Jul 31, 2012
is it their business?
yey noise makers

Don't forget that the president of the nation is subject to the voice and dictations of his party, and Bamagar Tukur happened to be the boss of that party.
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by JW214: 6:53am On Jul 31, 2012
This Call is just like asking Aree Arisekola Alao to resign his position as the leader of Yoruba Muslims because his son was also alleged a subsidy thief, Then Alh Mutallab to come face terrorism charge because of his son terrorism act.
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 31, 2012
abubaka101: What concerns ACN with the ripples in the PDP? If they even want to take advantage of the situation, it should'nt be to ask their Chairman to step down.
If Bamanga Tukur is to step down, he would'nt do it because of the situation his son is in or because of ACN, but for stability in the PDP camp.
"My son is now an adult..." so he said when he dismissed any interference in the situation. Now ACN wants him to stepdown, for a political juggernut, that is impossible!
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 31, 2012
abubaka101: What concerns ACN with the ripples in the PDP? If they even want to take advantage of the situation, it should'nt be to ask their Chairman to step down.
If Bamanga Tukur is to step down, he would'nt do it because of the situation his son is in or because of ACN, but for stability in the PDP camp.
"My son is now an adult..." so he said when he dismissed any interference in the situation. Now ACN wants him to stepdown, for a political juggernut, that is impossible!
Guy and every other guys. Dont forget this is democracy and that is the job of opposition. Okay? In developed countries,this guy should honourably resign for this. For the sake of his party PEOPLES DESTRUCTIVE PARTY,he should resign. I'm sure his dad as a master thief had taught the young man how to steal and the call for resignation is so he doesnt use his position and power to sweep the case under the carpet. I'm seeing Gej truly commited to fighting corruption. Anyways,until someone is hanged or live jailed,my full commendation is in the cooler.
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 31, 2012
F00028: is ACN a branch of PDP? wetin consign them?
Yes mister. This is not a private company neither is it a family affair. It is POLITICS.In politics,there are systems and oppositions. Accountability is a virtue, so when your son steal and get caught,your image is dampened and your name soiled. It shows you are irresponsible and failed father. That alone is enough to bring down your reputation and public status in a normal system
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by Mrhod: 8:35am On Jul 31, 2012
Every stronge democracy needs strong opposition & a voice, dat is what ACN is doin, not dat ACN is in any way better dan PDP, dey are all d same
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by uncleb(m): 9:22am On Jul 31, 2012
Its because we are living in an abnormal society.

The best thing that should have come from PDP chairman is to step aside.

Am not saying ACN is clean, the person talking might be a worse thief. But two wrongs do not make a right.

I am however battled at the comparison being made with Gbaja's case, it continues to baffle me why most Nigerians can just reason properly.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by emmykk(m): 11:50am On Jul 31, 2012
glimpse: na wetin concern ACN 4 PDP matter? Abi Lai don turn PDP secretary too? grin
for those calling d ACN spokeman names,in democracy there is what we call shadow govt which help 2 bring d other party(ruling party) to a check.how did he gets dat contract if not his father connections.as PDP chairman his dad can assist his son off d hook by so doing diverting justice

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by davades(m): 1:18pm On Jul 31, 2012
stine b: angryI hate this ACN noise making attitude.I am not a fan of PDP,but prefer them to ACN.

Tell us Why And give reasons?
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by davades(m): 1:19pm On Jul 31, 2012
gboss4sure: These ACN guys are too desperate for power... They now makes use of every silly mistake to talk rubbish. oya fashola should resign cause a policeman shot dead a man in Lagos during a protest against his makoko demolition

Ode tie ni iwo ntie
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by dvee2: 2:06pm On Jul 31, 2012
my two cent- You will be very naive not to believe these scam are carried out indirectly by Ahmadu Ali and Bamanga Tukur themselves. This is PDP way of giving soft landing so as not to indict their forner chairmen directly.
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 31, 2012
ACN PEOPLE ARE SHOUTING TOO LOUD.WHERE ARE THEY WHEN THE WIVES OF OYO STATE HOUSE MEMBERS' WENT FOR SHOPPING IN LONDON AND SEEMINGLY LACK OF DIRECTION RULE IN OYO STATE.ALTHOUGH I KNOW THAT ONE BY ONE THESE PDP THIEVES WILL BE VOTED OUT,BUT YOUR OWN HANDS CAN NOT BE SOILED(FOLA,ACN VEEPEE AND VC OF ETERNAL OIL) WHILE YOU ARE TRYING TO CLEAN OTHERS.
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by 1025: 2:54pm On Jul 31, 2012
many of us here are either ignorant or mad. how can a normal person be asking how pdp matter concern national issues. so it tomorrow, pdp decides to make an ex-convict or an insane person chairman, we will not talk
many of us are not into partisan politics but as long as an political office is concerned, every nigerian is involved.
indirectly, pdp chairman is one of the most powerful persons in the politics of the country. he has powers to make and unmake public officers including the president. in a democratic setting, a man who is not capable of taking care of 2 or 5 children under him is not worthy to be a public servant. if u can't control the small family u have, if u can't make them live like good citizens, how do u want to make nigerians live good lives.
we do not have records in nigeria otherwise, these men who have criminal children must have once in their lives been involved in all these criminal activities otherwise their wives will have more explanations to make.
criminal fathers be-get criminal children. like father, like son.
that monkey must leave there so that justice will take its course.
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by Ardedaryor(m): 12:35pm On Aug 01, 2012
na thunder go kill all we no want make nigeria beta amen amen
shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

‘why Igbo Should Produce Lagos Deputy Gov In 2015’ / ‘FG Owes Egbin Power Station N86 Billion’ - CEO Egbin Power Plc / Local Boats Being Manufacture In Onitsha Anambra State-photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.