Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:50 AM

A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them (23185 Views)

GEJ's Achievements: Aganga, Iweala, Nebo, Adesina & Madueke Give Accounts / 56 Punch-list Of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan (GEJ) Achievements In 3 Years / Searching For Gej's Achievements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by maclatunji: 4:39pm On Jul 29, 2012
A supporter or believer has given these as GEJ's achievements within his first year.

Do you believe these are real achievements that you can feel and positively impacting on your life?

dedeike:

YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS BLIND HENCE YOU CAN'T SEE THE OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENTS OF GEJ WITHIN ONE YEAR IN OFFICE
for your sake, I will reproduce some of his achievements as follows:

In Finance.

The finance ministry is carrying out bio metric evaluation of federal civil servants  to reduce waste. The checks revealed the pension scam of over 120 billion. There is the new integrated online payment system which helps the minister monitor transfer of public funds. Our foreign reserves have risen again to 37 billion dollars. There's the proposed Soveriegn Wealth Fund to cater for excess oil sale proceeds.

In Energy, a lot of reforms. The president is keen on transparency and thus has set up probes into the sector viz KPMG AUDIT and AIG IMOUKHEDE. The president sought to close the window of corruption by removing subsidy but the cabal misled Labour into a protest. That notwithstanding, the reforms are still ongoing and the full deregulation of the downstream sector being vigorously pursued. Last week, the FG had concluded the PIB which remains a landmark legislation that will revolutionarize the petroleum  industry. Refineries are undergoing repairs and an American company, VULCAN is to build six more new refineries.

In roads, Zaria-Funtua-Gusau roads, Oshodi-Apapa with expansion and drainage works,  dedicated bridge frm liverpool roundabout to Tin can ports, trailer park, Dualisation  of Ibadan -Ilorin, ENUGU-Onitsha, completion of OWERRI -Onitsha,    9th mile, ongoing reconstruction of Benin-Ore-Sagamu highway measuring over 265 km, Kano-Maidugri Dualisation. Keffi -Akwanga-Lafia, award of Afikpo-Okigwe, Auchi-Okene being handled by Setraco. Loko-Eweta-Karishi bridge, Kolo-Nembe -Brass  to mention but a few.

In Transport, massive reforms at the ports. Sanitisation and reduction of operating agencies to 7. Introduction of 24 hrs ports operation. Ongoing Construction of light gauge train railways across t4 cardinal point of the federation

In  Aviation, massive reconstruction of major airports in the land, Enugu airport is undergoing total rehabilitation. The domestic wing of Abuja airport is also being reconstructed with expansion of roads and car parks. Same fr the international wing and the kano airports

In Education, establishment of 9 new federal universities in less than 1 year. Constructed 2 new campuses of the Nigerian law schools in Yenagoa and Yola respectively. Launched the Almajiri schools for education of itenerant Islamic pupils in the north wFhich Buhari and other northern leaders abandoned. Increased funding to almost 400 billion to education thereby setting an all time highest record. Reinvigorated the inspectorate oversight of schools leading to the revocation of some licenses from universities. Executed the landmark upgrade of university lecturers retirement age from 65 to 70. 

In agriculture, for the first time in our history, we have a clearly defined agricultural policy which is targeted towards maximum utilisation of cassava for growth thru the launch of the cassava bread campaign. The policy is intended to reduce our reliance on imported wheat so as to encourage local production of cassava and it's conversion to flour for bakery. The FG has in less than one year eliminated the middlemen cartel that fed fat on fertiliser distribution at the expense of local farmers. Now through deregulation reforms, fertiliser is now accessible in the open market. he has also embarked on massive construction of silos and has increased import duties on the importation of rice in order to encourage local farmers. The efforts of the minister has been so appreciable that the world bank assisted with over 50 billion Naira for fertiliser redistribution scheme/ silos. The CBN has also set up a 500 billion loan scheme which is to assist farmers.

In power, the NIPP has been revived with the subsequent refurbishment of Afam, Alaoji, Calabar, GEREGU, Omotosho, papalanto power plants. This has led to the addition last December of 4,000 megawatts from barely 1700 to the national grid. To address the problem of distribution,  the 18 successor companies have been slated for privatization.  The media is already awash with news of the proposed privatization next week. The reforms include the review of tariffs in order to ensure a cost reflective tariff that will encourage private sector participation in the building of gas plants. Already, this has started yielding dividends as SPDC has commenced processes towards building a gas plant in IMO state.

14 Likes

Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by edogram1(m): 6:05pm On Jul 29, 2012
Correction. 2yrs in office.

7 Likes

Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by Johndoe100(m): 6:19pm On Jul 29, 2012
I don't know who a supporter or believer is with regards to our president. I do know who a supporter and a believer is when it comes to terrorism. They are Muslims (for this post called muzzies), muzzies have killed and maimed hundreds nay thousands of innocent Nigerians without remorse and yet you have these same vampires and their like showing their faces in public without remorse. Muzzies share a COLLECTIVE guilt for the activities of their brothers who maim and kill. Why? very simple, as an example why is the OP of this thread not a "supporter" of GEJ? Why are all THE MUZZIES on this forum anti GEJ? Who do they support? I will answer the questions:-
1. GEJ is a CHRISTIAN, muzzies cannot abide the idea of Christains leading them.
2. They support "true muzzies", in this case the murderer from the north ayotalah Buhari.
3. The killers of Christians are true muzzies by the warped standards of the muzzies. Everyone who is reading this and is a Christian knows the truth of this statement.

Now back to his excellency's achievements, I shall only say that everyone in Nigeria is a witness to the new anti corruption stance of this administration. most area are enjoying an unprecedented level of electricity supply. I could go on but even for these two alone the first year has been a success.

12 Likes

Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by gists: 6:29pm On Jul 29, 2012
Johndoe100: I don't know who a supporter or believer is with regards to our president. I do know who a supporter and a believer is when it comes to terrorism. They are Muslims (for this post called muzzies, muzzies have killed and maimed hundreds nay thousands of innocent Nigerians without remorse and yet you have these same vampires and their like showing their faces in public without remorse. Muzzies share a COLLECTIVE guilt for the activities of their brothers who maim and kill. Why? very simple, as an example why is the OP of this thread not a "supporter" of GEJ? Why are all THE MUZZIES on this forum anti GEJ? Who do they support? I will answer the questions:-
1. GEJ is a CHRISTAIN

Try and use your brain for once. So its because gej is a xtian abi? keep playing the victim card while he mortgage the future of your kids and dia kids. I guess all the muslims also hated and were anti obj for all his 8-yr tenue.

17 Likes

Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by maclatunji: 6:35pm On Jul 29, 2012
edogram.:

Ha! I don't want wahala O. They said 2010 was spent "helping" the late Yar'adua complete his tenure. So, I "jejely" won't count it for GEJ O. Start counting from May 29, 2011.
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 29, 2012
front page pls
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by Johndoe100(m): 6:46pm On Jul 29, 2012
gists:

Try and use your brain for once. So its because gej is a xtian abi? keep playing the victim card while he mortgage the future of your kids and dia kids. I guess all the muslims also hated and were anti obj for all his 8-yr tenue.

I am glad you know that they hated OBJ as well, however they knew when he would leave and that time couldn't come fast enough. You must be a muzzie.

1 Like

Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by maclatunji: 6:52pm On Jul 29, 2012
The supporter said Oshodi-Apapa Expressway is an achievement of GEJ. Is it not the same road that the service lane from Cele bus stop to Second Rainbow bus stop has been abandoned by motorists and has now been colonized by mushroom driving schools who use it as a "safe" training ground for their clients because they are sure no vehicle commuting can make progress there?

The service lane from Oshodi Isale to Oshodi Oke has become Jagidijagan road. Whenever it rains a third of the road from Oshodi towards Charity is useless causing traffic jam.

Let me guess, the contract has been awarded abi? Do you know how many times the "contract has been awarded" before?

Don't upset me this evening O. PHCN? No sustained remarkable difference in electricity supply over the months but tariff is now as high as Olumo rock. Ok O.

6 Likes

Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by sheyguy: 6:57pm On Jul 29, 2012
Re-construction of Benin-Ore-Shagamu highway covering over 265 km ? . . . . . Buhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha . . . . . When them chase us comot here with lie we go see who them wan lie to again. . . . Lol

5 Likes

Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 29, 2012
oxford: front page pls
its mukina page,not frontpage.
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by UncleJJ(m): 7:16pm On Jul 29, 2012
In my primary school, my teacher taught me that a "verb" is an action word.

All this thing we oga JONA tongue dey do na verb ooh . Since, last year - we are going to, this year - we are doing , next yr nko - we are still doing.

Verb. Verb. Verb

Fr jona c.v no past tense ohh, nah only present continous tense.

Sha sha sha kowai.

7 Likes

Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by engrtee(f): 7:22pm On Jul 29, 2012
Gudluck 4 president 2015

5 Likes

Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by maclatunji: 7:31pm On Jul 29, 2012
Cassava bread initiative is not ideal O. If you want to empower our farmers by creating demand, please do it by making Oyinbo man consume Akpu and Garri or use it as a biofuel for industry. Please, stop trying to force me to eat "Bogan" bread and pastry- I don't like it!

1 Like

Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by edogram1(m): 7:42pm On Jul 29, 2012
Yes i heard it from NL that when a very hot tea drop on cassava bread it becomes eba.

7 Likes

Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by jmaine: 7:44pm On Jul 29, 2012
edogram.:
Yes i head it from NL that when a very hot tea drop on cassava bread it becomes eba.

Hope your being sarcastic undecided . . .Cos that is a huge joke . . . .

2 Likes

Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by Acidosis(m): 8:29pm On Jul 29, 2012
ride on mr president

1 Like

Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by oiseworld: 8:58pm On Jul 29, 2012
maclatunji: The supporter said Oshodi-Apapa Expressway is an achievement of GEJ. Is it not the same road that the service lane from Cele bus stop to Second Rainbow bus stop has been abandoned by motorists and has now been colonized by mushroom driving schools who use it as a "safe" training ground for their clients because they are sure no vehicle commuting can make progress there?

The service lane from Oshodi Isale to Oshodi Oke has become Jagidijagan road. Whenever it rains a third of the road from Oshodi towards Charity is useless causing traffic jam.

Let me guess, the contract has been awarded abi? Do you know how many times the "contract has been awarded" before?

Don't upset me this evening O. PHCN? No sustained remarkable difference in electricity supply over the months but tariff is now as high as Olumo rock. Ok O.

refering to the oshodi apapa express way,sir,
is the road undergoing massive reconstruction or not.

YES OR NO.

1 Like

Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by bashr8: 9:06pm On Jul 29, 2012
edogram.:
he was sworn in may 2011 dont derail this thread.
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by bashr8: 9:09pm On Jul 29, 2012
maclatunji: The supporter said Oshodi-Apapa Expressway is an achievement of GEJ. Is it not the same road that the service lane from Cele bus stop to Second Rainbow bus stop has been abandoned by motorists and has now been colonized by mushroom driving schools who use it as a "safe" training ground for their clients because they are sure no vehicle commuting can make progress there?

depends on where you live , one thing for sure is that electricity is improving in some parts of nigeria while in getting worse in others, we should be more concerned on why that is so ,such complaints should go to the people responsible for it since they privatized it , just like you go to MTN office to complain of network failuer and if they dont resolve it you go to the govt body responsible for regulating them.
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by maclatunji: 9:25pm On Jul 29, 2012
oiseworld:

refering to the oshodi apapa express way,sir,
is the road undergoing massive reconstruction or not.

YES OR NO.

No! You want to know what massive reconstruction is, go to the Lagos-Badagry Expressway. Now, that is what I call "massive reconstruction". What is happening on Apapa-Oshodi expressway is an insult to Nigerians. The rate of work done so far is slow and not very impressive when compared to what happened to Agege Motor road, Western Avenue and Lagos Island Central Business District (CBD).

4 Likes

Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by maclatunji: 9:32pm On Jul 29, 2012
bashr8: depends on where you live , one thing for sure is that electricity is improving in some parts of nigeria while in getting worse in others, we should be more concerned on why that is so ,such complaints should go to the people responsible for it since they privatized it , just like you go to MTN office to complain of network failuer and if they dont resolve it you go to the govt body responsible for regulating them.

You must be kidding me. PHCN has been "privatised" but the Federal Government is fixing the price, overseeing electricity projects and making promises of improved power supply.
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by bashr8: 9:35pm On Jul 29, 2012
maclatunji:

No! You want to know what massive reconstruction is, go to the Lagos-Badagry Expressway. Now, that is what I call "massive reconstruction". What is happening on Apapa-Oshodi expressway is an insult to Nigerians. The rate of work done so far is slow and not very impressive when compared to what happened to Agege Motor road, Western Avenue and Lagos Island Central Business District (CBD).
maybe you can help find out who or the company handling the construction, if possible their contacts that way we can harrass them and find out if the problem is from federal govt not realising funds or from them trying to be shady and lazy.

1 Like

Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by Kobojunkie: 9:38pm On Jul 29, 2012
bashr8: he was sworn in may 2011 dont derail this thread.
make that May 2010. Unless we also want to pretend from now on that if a president is sworn in for a second time, the first time seizes to count.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodluck_Jonathan

3 Likes

Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by aljharem(m): 9:38pm On Jul 29, 2012
bashr8: he was sworn in may 2011 dont derail this thread.

then u are the daf.test person alive. sorry to say

So May 2010 who was sworn in ? Alj harem ?

3 Likes

Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by Kobojunkie: 9:50pm On Jul 29, 2012
bashr8: depends on where you live , one thing for sure is that electricity is improving in some parts of nigeria while in getting worse in others, we should be more concerned on why that is so ,such complaints should go to the people responsible for it since they privatized it , just like you go to MTN office to complain of network failuer and if they dont resolve it you go to the govt body responsible for regulating them.

How can electricity improve when

a) Transmission problems have yet to be tackled

b) Generation has fallen back down over the last couple of months

na juju Na so dem take tell us say refinery capacity don grow, only for us to now find out say two refineries don stop since January and the one's wey dey work, dey work at about 25%, about the same levels as back in 2005, before the government embarked on spending billions of dollars to improve capacity oo. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by jmaine: 9:54pm On Jul 29, 2012
Electricity supply has improved on a fairly general scale . . .No point arguing that fact for the sake of it . . .

1 Like

Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by aljharem(m): 9:55pm On Jul 29, 2012
jmaine: Electricity supply has improved on a fairly general scale . . .No point arguing that fact for the sake of it . . .

Not in Akoko, Okobaba amd ebute metta. AKA Lagos

ALSO not in Beni city
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by bashr8: 9:57pm On Jul 29, 2012
Kobojunkie:

How can electricity improve when

a) Transmission problems have yet to be tackled

b) Generation has fallen back down over the last couple of months

na juju Na so dem take tell us say refinery capacity don grow, only for us to now find out say two refineries don stop since January and the one's wey dey work, dey work at about 25%, about the same levels as back in 2005, before the government embarked on spending billions of dollars to improve capacity oo. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
light have improved in some areas like enugu and some parts of rivers i can vouch for , so i believe theres progress, its left for us to follow up with who ever phcn was handed over to and what they are doing. just as mobile network is bad in some areas and good in others such things should be be directed at people responsible for it with of course getting the attention of federal govt to put pressure on them.
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by jmaine: 10:00pm On Jul 29, 2012
alj harem:

Not in Akoko, Okobaba amd ebute metta. AKA Lagos

ALSO not in Beni city

Those places mentioned don't reflect the majority, right ? . . . .and i used the term Fairly General . . . so am still on track . .
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by Ghogs(f): 10:06pm On Jul 29, 2012
Mugu!no b who dey alive dey go skul,use power?
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by philip0906(m): 10:06pm On Jul 29, 2012
how many megawatts is the country generating @ present 2 justify idiats telling us that electricity gen has improved. . .
Besides if acheivment are to be listed,they should not be textbook acheivments or those only seen on the pages of newspapers but what the common man who lives in the slums of makoko can attest to.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

New Ondo Deputy Governor, Others Set To Dump PDP For APC.. / Saraki Orders The Investigation Of Umar, CCT Chairman / Buhari In Group Photo With AU Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.