Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,900 members, 7,814,047 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

In The Eye Of The Beholder! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / In The Eye Of The Beholder! (3124 Views)

Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder .... How?? / Does Beauty Really Lies In The Eyes Of The Beholder? / "beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

In The Eye Of The Beholder! by swtchicgurl: 10:40am On Jul 30, 2012
Thousands of comments are posted daily on Nairaland (romance section especially) about good-looks. Several threads are opened on the same issue!

Note: I've never seen an ugly person before. I've only seen people who don't make the best of their looks. Everyone cannot be a 'barbie' or 'kent'!

Both words- 'beauty' and 'ugly' share a common english dictionary meaning root word "pleasant". So basically, 'beauty' is something pleasant to the eye while 'ugly' is something unpleasant to the eye.

Someone rightly said: Beauty is IN the eye of the beholder. In the same context, 'Ugliness' is IN the eye of the beholder too!

What the eyes see is constructed and interpreted in the brain. So, if your brain interprets an image as 'ugly' or 'beautiful', it is because it has been massively fed with information that suggest that!

These information then varies with people, hence, their BRAINS! So, beauty/ugliness is actually in the BRAIN of the beholder!

When next you 'see' an ugly person, ask yourself: 'Do I have an ugly brain?' or vice-versa.

**takes a curtsy**

2 Likes

Re: In The Eye Of The Beholder! by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 30, 2012
Nice
Re: In The Eye Of The Beholder! by swtchicgurl: 11:10am On Jul 30, 2012
sexkillz: Nice

many thanks! smiley
Re: In The Eye Of The Beholder! by slimyem: 11:25am On Jul 30, 2012
beautiful piece!
Re: In The Eye Of The Beholder! by Mynd44: 11:28am On Jul 30, 2012
Nice.
Next!!!!!!
Re: In The Eye Of The Beholder! by Areaboy2(m): 11:31am On Jul 30, 2012
indeed. beauty and observer perspective go hand in hand

we can extend that beholder experience to "beerholder" experience too. Using the idea you've written up. With alcohol, we tend to loosen up ourselves and most negative ideas implanted in our heads tend to leave and hence an "ugly" chick becomes a "hottie".

So yes. I do agree with you. we have wired our brains the way it is to view "ugly" and "pretty"

time to rewire?
Re: In The Eye Of The Beholder! by swtchicgurl: 11:39am On Jul 30, 2012
^^^ Thanks guys! I was already bracing for criticism! grin cheesy
Re: In The Eye Of The Beholder! by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 30, 2012
Found it difficult going through your piece, another font will be better.

Another thing is we all know the kind of ugly we dont wanna be.

Ugliness is not in the eyes of the beholder o.....Someone who is ugly is ugly if you dont know what i mean, ask 190!!

1 Like

Re: In The Eye Of The Beholder! by freecocoa(f): 11:56am On Jul 30, 2012
OP what you wrote is very nice no doubt but omo let's face reality jare.

Are you telling me that all the people who think\see OBJ,Tinubu and the likes as ugly(which is almost everybody in Nigeria)have ugly brains abi na eyes as you put it?

Even the Bible said it,"Fearfully and wonderfully made"

Let's call a spade a spade, Some people are UGLY hoo hah biko undecided.

1 Like

Re: In The Eye Of The Beholder! by ArQueBusieR(m): 12:01pm On Jul 30, 2012
Not bad.
Re: In The Eye Of The Beholder! by engrtee(f): 12:38pm On Jul 30, 2012
The measurement of beauty is like a PH SCALE. From 0- 5 are acidic(ugly). (5-9) are normal. Why 10-14 are alkaline(beautiful)

That saying ..,.IN THE EYES OF THE BEHOLDER.,..Is not applicable to everybody.
But to those who lie in the middle.

This is why obj is regarded as ugly and genevive as beauty.

GOLDIE girl might be regarded as beautiful by some people with a beautiful brain while others might see her as ugly.
This is because her reading is b/w 5( slightly ugly) to 9(slightly beautiful).

1 Like

Re: In The Eye Of The Beholder! by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 30, 2012
nice one girlfriend
Re: In The Eye Of The Beholder! by swtchicgurl: 8:57pm On Jul 30, 2012
engrtee:
The measurement of beauty is like a PH SCALE. From 0- 5 are acidic(ugly). (5-9) are normal. Why 10-14 are alkaline(beautiful)

That saying ..,.IN THE EYES OF THE BEHOLDER.,..Is not applicable to everybody.
But to those who lie in the middle.

This is why obj is regarded as ugly and genevive as beauty.

GOLDIE girl might be regarded as beautiful by some people with a beautiful brain while others might see her as ugly.
This is because her reading is b/w 5( slightly ugly) to 9(slightly beautiful).

seriously, is OBJ ugly? i doubt! angry
Re: In The Eye Of The Beholder! by MMM2(m): 9:02pm On Jul 30, 2012
Op
When am through with my alcohol tongue
I will post my comment kiss
Re: In The Eye Of The Beholder! by swtchicgurl: 9:10pm On Jul 30, 2012
M M M: Op
When am through with my alcohol tongue
I will post my comment kiss

u just did! u're obviously high! grin tongue
Re: In The Eye Of The Beholder! by swtchicgurl: 10:33am On Jul 31, 2012
This must have hit some people really hard! Ouch! embarassed

The silence from men in particular, is deafening! wink
Re: In The Eye Of The Beholder! by Euroclydon(m): 10:53am On Jul 31, 2012
hmmn... All fingers aint equal so everybody cant look thesame... The not so attractive ladies usually hav great hearts while the seemingly attractive ones are usually arrogant. however one mans poison might be another man's meat so if any one dont catch ur fancy,let him or her go and be patient for your match.
Re: In The Eye Of The Beholder! by MMM2(m): 11:14am On Jul 31, 2012
swtchicgurl:

u just did! u're obviously high! grin tongue

Am still under d influence of swtchicgurl winkwink

Some1 pls help me cry
Re: In The Eye Of The Beholder! by swtchicgurl: 11:26am On Jul 31, 2012
M M M:

Am still under d influence of swtchicgurl winkwink

Some1 pls help me cry

**jerks him violently!!!!** wake up you're bed-wetting already! angry

@Euroclydon, true! smiley
Re: In The Eye Of The Beholder! by MMM2(m): 11:31am On Jul 31, 2012
swtchicgurl:

**jerks him violently!!!!** wake up you're bed-wetting already! angry

Jes inside ur mouth shocked shocked
Re: In The Eye Of The Beholder! by swtchicgurl: 11:39am On Jul 31, 2012
M M M:

Jes inside ur mouth shocked shocked

park well jhoor!
Re: In The Eye Of The Beholder! by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 31, 2012
Am speechless embarassed
Re: In The Eye Of The Beholder! by swtchicgurl: 4:11pm On Jul 31, 2012
Blugreen: Am speechless embarassed

Is that all you have to say? undecided
Re: In The Eye Of The Beholder! by Flashaldrin(m): 8:05pm On Jul 31, 2012
There are ugly people and there are UGLY people! No one can justify the later group.
Op i sincerely hope you aint among.
Re: In The Eye Of The Beholder! by swtchicgurl: 10:07pm On Jul 31, 2012
Flashaldrin: There are ugly people and there are UGLY people! No one can justify the later group.
Op i sincerely hope you aint among.

How can i be among a group that doesn't exist?
Re: In The Eye Of The Beholder! by KINGwax(m): 12:53am On Aug 01, 2012
swtchicgurl:

Is that all you have to say? undecided
what can a deaf man possibly utter?
Re: In The Eye Of The Beholder! by Nobody: 1:15am On Aug 01, 2012
@ OP

I respectfully somewhat disagree. Because there exist degrees of beauty and because of the subjectivity of appraising beauty, it is inevitable that our perception of some folks would also vary.

However, there are some folks who fall on the extreme ends of beauty---folks whose pristine beauty or ugliness are so decided that no human would deny its existence. No human being has ever
accused Jay-Z or Obasanjo of being remotely handsome. These men are wonderfully and fearfully molded with the holy clay of quintessential ugliness. An atheist could even use their ugliness as
a talking point to support their belief that God does not exist, for if he did, how could he be so cruel as to make faces that only a mother could love?

On the other end of the spectrum are women like Aishwarya Rai, Gabrielle Union, etc. Of course, some may not deem them the sexiest women alive, but, in no eyes of any human, will these women
be seen as ugly.

1 Like

Re: In The Eye Of The Beholder! by slimyem: 1:36am On Aug 01, 2012
omo_to_dun: @ OP

I respectfully somewhat disagree. Because there exist degrees of beauty and because of the subjectivity of appraising beauty, it is inevitable that our perception of some folks would also vary.

However, there are some folks who fall on the extreme ends of beauty---folks whose pristine beauty or ugliness are so decided that no human would deny its existence. No human being has ever
accused Jay-Z or Obasanjo of being remotely handsome. These men are wonderfully and fearfully molded with the holy clay of quintessential ugliness. An atheist could even use their ugliness as
a talking point to support their belief that God does not exist, for if he did, how could he be so cruel as to make faces that only a mother could love?

On the other end of the spectrum are women like Aishwarya Rai, Gabrielle Union, etc. Of course, some may not deem them the sexiest women alive, but, in no eyes of any human, will these women
be seen as ugly.
classically lmaocheesycheesycheesy
Re: In The Eye Of The Beholder! by Nobody: 1:44am On Aug 01, 2012
Ah af sin lots of ugly men in Naija, ayam just sayum.
Re: In The Eye Of The Beholder! by Flashaldrin(m): 3:17am On Aug 01, 2012

be seen as ugly.
tell them bro grin grin
Re: In The Eye Of The Beholder! by swtchicgurl: 10:30am On Aug 01, 2012

However, there are some folks who fall on the extreme ends of beauty---folks whose pristine beauty or ugliness are so decided that no human would deny its existence. [size=10pt]No human being has ever

[/size]

Hmmmn, Jay-z is ugly yet he is married to arguably the most beautiful woman alive (beyounce). Obj is ugly yet he also married several good-looking women! Well you may say Obj got his many women due to his wealth and political ambitions, but what about Jay-z? He's the most handsome man to beyounce!

Again, on a scale of 1 to 10, some looks may fall on 1 while others 9, but being on 1 isn't enough to be called 'ugly' because there are no generic rules to beauty. It's all about what 'pleases' the eye!

Obj and Jay-z may please my eye, then, they're good-looking to me. But not necessarily yours. It still borders on 'the beholder' on the long run. cool
Re: In The Eye Of The Beholder! by swtchicgurl: 10:35am On Aug 01, 2012
slimyem: classically lmaocheesycheesycheesy

LOL! Na wa for you ooo grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ow Can I Ovacome Ma Past???. / Inconvinient Truth About The Female Psychè... MUST READ !!!!! / 7 Signs That Shows She Wants You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.