Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

What Do You Think About Eternity? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Think About Eternity? (11563 Views)

Quran Testifies To The Bible: It Says It Stands Till Eternity / Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? / "How Is An Eternity In Hell A Just Punishment For Only A Human Lifetime Of Sin?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by MrAnony1(m): 12:18am On Aug 01, 2012
blogger1.0:

Damn the bolded hit me hard.
But yet didn't God himself tell us that there is a heaven and a hell? So why should i force myself into believing there isn't one by thinking outside the box? I mean it is the love for heaven and the fear of hell that makes us want to repent and live a good life isn't it?

Before cyrexx drags you down a path of so-called thinking outside the box, ask cyrexx why exactly should you care about doing what is good if there is indeed no eternal reward or eternal punishment.
Also why exactly should you strain for something higher than yourself if this existence is indeed all there is?

Choosing to numb your mind to something is not the same as thinking outside the box.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by cyrexx: 12:37am On Aug 01, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Before cyrexx drags you down a path of so-called thinking outside the box, ask cyrexx why exactly should you care about doing what is good if there is indeed no eternal reward or eternal punishment.
Also why exactly should you strain for something higher than yourself if this existence is indeed all there is?

Choosing to numb your mind to something is not the same as thinking outside the box.

before anony comes to rudely and wrongfully accuse me of dragging you down due to his crusade of blindly following his religion and see every other belief system as wrong except his own, ask him why eternal punishment is necessary for a so-called omnipotent and omniscient god.
Ask anony if he can torture a living being in eternal hell for eternity for the crime of belonging to a non-christian religion.
Ask him if he will be talking like this if he has been raised a muslim and he believed allah is the almighty god.
Ask him why omniscient god create hell for his creature knowing that most of them will end up there.
Ask him the basis of his morality and let us see if it is truly moral or not.
Ask him if the same god who orders his Jewish followers to murder every man woman and child of non-yahweh worshippers in the old testament is still the same UNCHANGING God the father of Jesus in the new testament...

Look, religion is man-made control mechanisms. Free your mind from mental slavery.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by truthislight: 6:23am On Aug 01, 2012
Martian:

In all likelihood, that's what we ALL get. Your neurons will stop firing and your"soul" meaning your conciousness will cease to exist........................I'm 99.9% sure of this. The .01% is because of the possibility of one of these religions being true and their heaven being real or a "soul" actually being a real thing.
this is the most rational thing i have ever heard from you martian.

As a matter of fact not all religion teaches what u just ascribed to religion.
And if this religion that dont go with the rest is right, that gives you a 100/100%.
Peace

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by truthislight: 6:36am On Aug 01, 2012
blogger1.0:
Sometimes i just sit down and think about a world without end and i just feel so weak from within. I mean, time just keeps going nonstop, no end, you never get to see a cast which indicates that a movie has ended, it goes on and on and on. Oh God am feeling sick just typing this already.
Your thougts guys

Though i dont know you, or how old you are.
However, for me to accept what u just said as a fact, i want you to here and now pick a day you will love to die.

Note, the day should be withing the days of your active life span and not a day when you will be both useless to yourself and those that love you. That will be obvious.

If you can pick a day withing ur active usefull life span, it will be a fact that u will not like to leave on and on under perfect health and exciting works and inventions indefinitely, and exploring newer frontiers

am assuming you dont have a terminal illness.
Am waiting.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by truthislight: 6:43am On Aug 01, 2012
cyrexx:

i feel you, bro. the concept of eternity is not well thought out in religions, it has some absurdities and illogicalities.
for instance, how will you enjoy eternity in paradise when you know that some of your non-chrstian family members are roasting alive somewhere else.
you will be forced to worship this loving god who in his omniscience knows that some of your non-christian family members will reject him and be roasted alive forever.

i will prefer to cease to exist than to live in that heaven.
thank goodness, i just remebered that i'm not immortal and i will actually cease to exist one day one day, therefore that heaven/hell crap is irrelevant and not worth disturbing one's brain with.

to me, thats the good news that must be shared to everyone

fortunately, or unfotunately, your views are not absolute, since not all religion teaches "hell fire" and eternal torment.....

Though a religiouse person i am and uses the bible, i have not understood that from the bible. So.......?

Peace
That is a debate for another day.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by truthislight: 6:57am On Aug 01, 2012
blogger1.0:

Damn the bolded hit me hard.
But yet didn't God himself tell us that there is a heaven and a hell? So why should i force myself into believing there isn't one by thinking outside the box? I mean it is the love for heaven and the fear of hell that makes us want to repent and live a good life isn't it?

i thought you were really a good person inside?

You are saying but for the fear of purnishment you would have join and be spreading daeases and Hiv aids, stealing other people properties?

Upgrade
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by truthislight: 7:14am On Aug 01, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Bible? As in the Bible? The Book that's all about Jesus Christ, God-become-man? Never saw anything of the likes in it, dude. In case it's my negligence, do well to show me, if you please.

psalm 146;3,4. And Ecclest 9:5,6 and 10 = what Bloggers said.

that is what happens when we die.

Was Martian not right? He was.

When the power that fires the cells/neurons leaves, the cells stop working.

The power goes back to it owner, the body dust goes back to the dust that it was taken from (from dust to dust)

that spirit (Gods power) was the kick starter at the first place that ignited the molded man..
.(Adam)

That same power, the spirit was what was Given to Jesus to use in performing miracles
It is that same power he said he will go to his father and ask to be given to his apostles?

That same power keeps us a live, like an electric light sustain by the current/voltage.

Like a radio?

Infact, God is simply saying that he will not continue to give power to thoes that will not pay their BILLs.......= dead,

sin = bills

Bills = disobedience
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by cyrexx: 7:42am On Aug 01, 2012
truthislight:

You are saying but for the fear of purnishment you would have join and be spreading daeases and Hiv aids, stealing other people properties?

Upgrade

Mr Truthislight,
fortunately this is where i fully agree with you, although i disagree with some other things you say.
Christians dont know how shallow they sound when they say that they are good because of fear of eternal punishment in hell. So if there is no hell, they will not be moral.
How shallow.
I dont believe in hell and still i do good because its the good thing to do, not because i want reward or fear punishment.
Like i said, if i ever return to christianity it will NEVER be because i fear hell, but because i see a convincing evidence that Yahweh is more than a Jewish conceptions of deity (like Arabian conception of deity in the form of Allah), that Yahweh is really existent and answers prayers like the scriptures says about him. Otherwise, i'm done with religion FOREVER AND EVER.
But like you said, its a talk for another day, lets not derail this thread.
Peace.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by truthislight: 8:02am On Aug 01, 2012
cyrexx:

Mr Truthislight,
fortunately this is where i fully agree with you, although i disagree with some other things you say.
Christians dont know how shallow they sound when they say that they are good because of fear of eternal punishment in hell. So if there is no hell, they will not be moral.
How shallow.
I dont believe in hell and still i do good because its the good thing to do, not because i want reward or fear punishment.
Like i said, if i ever return to christianity it will NEVER be because i fear hell, but because i see a convincing evidence that Yahweh is more than a Jewish conceptions of deity (like Arabian conception of deity in the form of Allah), that Yahweh is really existent and answers prayers like the scriptures says about him. Otherwise, i'm done with religion FOREVER AND EVER.
Peace.

yes ma man cyrexx
peace
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 01, 2012
cyrexx:

Mr Truthislight,
How shallow.
[b]I dont believe in hell and still i do good because its the good thing to do, not because i want reward or fear punishment.
[/b]Peace.
Great, man... I think we need a thread on love, goodness and the theist/agnostic/atheist...
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:29am On Aug 01, 2012
blogger1.0:

Sometimes i just sit down and think about a world without end and i just feel so weak from within. I mean, time just keeps going nonstop, no end, you never get to see a cast which indicates that a movie has ended, it goes on and on and on. Oh God am feeling sick just typing this already.
Your thougts guys

Eternity is the 'lifetime' of the never dying God. Time as we know it will be no more.

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by cyrexx: 10:33am On Aug 01, 2012

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:53am On Aug 01, 2012
Jesus loves you.

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 01, 2012
truthislight:

Though i dont know you, or how old you are.
However, for me to accept what u just said as a fact, i want you to here and now pick a day you will love to die.

Note, the day should be withing the days of your active life span and not a day when you will be both useless to yourself and those that love you. That will be obvious.

If you can pick a day withing ur active usefull life span, it will be a fact that u will not like to leave on and on under perfect health and exciting works and inventions indefinitely, and exploring newer frontiers

am assuming you dont have a terminal illness.
Am waiting.
I have always prayed to God never to let me get so old that i would be a burden or life dependent on anybody, thats not life.
So, what i ask him for is a comfortable life with a strong body and good health. But when my eyes would have all strained out, hands all shaking, my waist bent and my legs dead, my skin all dried out, i would love for him to take me then. I cant really say at what age that would be anyway.
What is the need of staying alive to witness technological advancements when i would all washed out? Trust me, its not worth it.
Why the question?
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by cyrexx: 11:12am On Aug 01, 2012
@ OLADEGBU,

Many others love me too and they are not as schizophrenic as your Jesus to throw me (whom he claims to love) into eternal hell with unending agonizing and excruciating pain.

Have a smiley day too.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 01, 2012
blogger1.0:

Even if the soul can do all these amazing things you mentioned, aint it tiresome when it can never end, you just keep on doing it on and on and on. Its even worse when one find himself in hell. Hehe, i don,t even want to think of the things one would be doing in there for eternity.

I hope you have ears, bro, because I don't think I'll be squabbling about this again.

There is nothing in the Bible that even remotely suggests that eternity involves a disembodied existence. The place that truthislight mentioned refers only to the definition of physical death, that is, what happens when a man collapses and dies whether from natural causes or by some other means.

The human being is a trinity of body (physical or material substance), soul (sentience) and spirit (life or true intelligence). Whether one is in hell or in heaven, one will be there in that manner, not as one element or two divorced from the rest. Eternity is going to involve continued existence as the trinity that we are. We will retain the ability to deal with material life, the realms of ideas and feelings and the spiritual realms. In fact, the idea of resurrection is actually the removal of limitation with respect to experiencing in full these realms.

I hate to talk about hell, but let me assure you that there is nothing unjust or unfair about God acceding to a man's demand for eternity without Him in it. The full weight of such a choice is something I assure you should make the worst rebel the sweetest lover of God, but it doesn't, because God will not be loved by fear.

The joys that are heaven are wonderful because we have the ability to enjoy them eternally. Without those abilities, eternity would rightly be a terror.

Now, I started a response a number of times but my battery flatlined, so you got off easy. But you just ran out of luck. For you to fear, detest or loathe eternity, your current life on earth must really suck, and I don't mean any insult by saying so. If you had right now any ability whatsoever to enjoy life and suffer pain, you should be hungry to see what possibilities exist when there is no pain to feel and only a beautiful life to enjoy. Even unbelievers with any money have tried to see if they could create eternal life for themselves, and only because they found so much to enjoy in life with so little time to do so. How much more a believer?

If you know Jesus Christ at all, your heart should beat with anticipation everytime the thought of life without any sort of limitation (including that of a cessation) and evil comes to your mind. If it doesn't, there is something very wrong in your apprehension of Christ.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:28am On Aug 01, 2012
cyrexx: @ OLADEGBU,

Many others love me too and they are not as schizophrenic as your Jesus to throw me (whom he claims to love) into eternal hell with unending agonizing and excruciating pain.

Have a smiley day too.

Many others may love you but the One who created you loves you the most. He died for you so that you may live through eternity but if you choose to reject His offer of pardon and insist on being intellectually schizophrenic you will then see the other side of God which is a terryfying prospect when you face an angry God on Judgment Day because there would be no mercy.

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by cyrexx: 11:53am On Aug 01, 2012
If anyone can believe something by faith, them they can believe anything, any fairy tale, no matter how far fetched and unjustified by the bible they claim to follow.
Good luck with your fantasies.

Ihedinobi:

I hope you have ears, bro, because I don't think I'll be squabbling about this again.

There is nothing in the Bible that even remotely suggests that eternity involves a disembodied existence. The place that truthislight mentioned refers only to the definition of physical death, that is, what happens when a man collapses and dies whether from natural causes or by some other means.

The human being is a trinity of body (physical or material substance), soul (sentience) and spirit (life or true intelligence). Whether one is in hell or in heaven, one will be there in that manner, not as one element or two divorced from the rest. Eternity is going to involve continued existence as the trinity that we are. We will retain the ability to deal with material life, the realms of ideas and feelings and the spiritual realms. In fact, the idea of resurrection is actually the removal of limitation with respect to experiencing in full these realms.

I hate to talk about hell, but let me assure you that there is nothing unjust or unfair about God acceding to a man's demand for eternity without Him in it. The full weight of such a choice is something I assure you should make the worst rebel the sweetest lover of God, but it doesn't, because God will not be loved by fear.

The joys that are heaven are wonderful because we have the ability to enjoy them eternally. Without those abilities, eternity would rightly be a terror.

Now, I started a response a number of times but my battery flatlined, so you got off easy. But you just ran out of luck. For you to fear, detest or loathe eternity, your current life on earth must really suck, and I don't mean any insult by saying so. If you had right now any ability whatsoever to enjoy life and suffer pain, you should be hungry to see what possibilities exist when there is no pain to feel and only a beautiful life to enjoy. Even unbelievers with any money have tried to see if they could create eternal life for themselves, and only because they found so much to enjoy in life with so little time to do so. How much more a believer?

If you know Jesus Christ at all, your heart should beat with anticipation everytime the thought of life without any sort of limitation (including that of a cessation) and evil comes to your mind. If it doesn't, there is something very wrong in your apprehension of Christ.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 01, 2012
cyrexx: If anyone can believe something by faith, them they can believe anything, any fairy tale, no matter how far fetched and unjustified by the bible they claim to follow.
Good luck with your fantasies.

What is your problem with faith, if you don't mind my asking?
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by cyrexx: 12:03pm On Aug 01, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Many others may love you but the One who created you loves you the most. He died for you so that you may live through eternity but if you choose to reject His offer of pardon and insist on being intellectually schizophrenic you will then see the other side of God which is a terryfying prospect when you face an angry God on Judgment Day because there would be no mercy.

Many others may love you but no one loves you like your creator, The Almighty Allah, the Most Beneficient and Merciful. He is your creator and he has no son. He told you he has no son but you choose to rebel against him by believing he has a son and insist on being intellectually schizophrenic then you will see the other side of this merciful God when you face him in judgement because them there would be no mercy from this merciful God.

Get ready for his wrath. No mercy for you after his judgement.

How does that sound to you?
That's the way you sound to those who refuse to subject their mind to religious dogma and scare tactics.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by cyrexx: 12:09pm On Aug 01, 2012
Ihedinobi:

What is your problem with faith, if you don't mind my asking?

really, i dont mind your asking if you really want to know.
But that answer is long and will derail this thread.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by MrAnony1(m): 12:16pm On Aug 01, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Sometimes when I want to comment, I see your comment and all I can say is "I couldn't have said it better myself"
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 01, 2012
@OLAADEGBU

This heavenly place is full of blond caucasians with wings. I don't see any sign of people with your skin color in the potrait. Is it because you "saved and sanctified" negros will be slaves in heaven just like you were slaves on earth?? Are all the black people toiling in the heavenly fields? Why is your heaven so white?..............

If it ain't white, it ain't right. Right? Olaadegbu.
Lol, is that Mitt Romney wearing the suit? Jesus is about to tell him that Joseph Smith was a psychotic liar and then banish him to hell!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 01, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Sometimes when I want to comment, I see your comment and all I can say is "I couldn't have said it better myself"

It's the same Spirit, just like you said, bro smiley
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 01, 2012
cyrexx:

really, i dont mind your asking if you really want to know.
But that answer is long and will derail this thread.

Start a thread on it, if you please. I'll meet you there.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by cyrexx: 12:41pm On Aug 01, 2012
Martian: @OLAADEGBU

This heavenly place is full of blond caucasians with wings. I don't see any sign of people with your skin color in the potrait. Is it because you "saved and sanctified" negros will be slaves in heaven just like you were slaves on earth?? Are all the black people toiling in the heavenly fields? Why is your heaven so white?..............

If it ain't white, it ain't right. Right?

simple.
Its because the whole god concept of Yahweh and Jesus was the creative imaginations of white ancient Jews.
The white missionaries later forced the concept down our throats and made us believe Yahweh is the true creator.
We blacks now fantasise about white heaven after death.
What a shame.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 01, 2012
truthislight:

Upgrade
I don't get you bro, is heaven not and eternal life not the reason why we live a good life and obey God's commandment and avoid sin in the first place?
Trust me, it has nothing to do with being a good person at all. Take for instance i could say i won't steal, kill or commit adultery just for me to be seen as a good person. And trust me while am not doing these things, I could be [s]lying to my wife or friends, lusting after women, fornicating, cheating in exams, overpricing my goods to cheat customers who don't have good bargaining power, etc.[/s] and yet be still seen as a good person and heck, i would even see myself as a good person too. Or won't you? But the truth is that the fear of God in us an the love for heaven and fear of hell we have in us would make us not to do the above bolded 'small sins'.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 01, 2012
Ihedinobi:

[s]The human being is a trinity of body (physical or material substance), soul (sentience) and spirit (life or true intelligence). Whether one is in hell or in heaven, one will be there in that manner, not as one element or two divorced from the rest. Eternity is going to involve continued existence as the trinity that we are. We will retain the ability to deal with material life, the realms of ideas and feelings and the spiritual realms. In fact, the idea of resurrection is actually the removal of limitation with respect to experiencing in full these realms.[/s]

As for the slahed, don't even deceive yourself bro, the bible clearly states that from dust we came and to dust we shall return.
Don't you see bodies rotting and decaying in the soil? how possibly could we have that back in heaven.
As for the bolded, trust i wouldn't be trying hard to live a good life if didn't want to go heaven and meet God there. And please and please, i never said i detested, feared or loathed eternity. All am saying is that thinking of it as a human being that i am, it's gets me in put thought what we would be doing in there for the whole of eternity; no end, we just keep on going for ever and ever nonstop. haba.
My life on earth sucks? Really where did you get that from? So because i think of the concept of eternity every once in a while, i now have a fuc.ked up life abi. Well, let me just say this that am probably one of the most interesting person will ever get to meet. I love knowledge and that's why i try my best to understand every single thing i come across in my life. I love to be enlightened, i love to laugh and have fun, and most especially, i love love.
And although i haven't gone far yet, i thank God for how comfortable he has made my life so far.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 01, 2012
cyrexx: @ OLADEGBU,

Have a smiley day too.
You can't live a reckless life, making it a living hell for God's people and expecft to have a happy reward do you?
Would you be happy to see likes of boko haram, alqaeda, and their likes to enter heaven or just getg free for all the things they did on earth in the next life? Or would you also love to meet them in the afterlife and rapol with them, smile with them and share the stories of the good times you had earth? Think bro.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by truthislight: 1:32pm On Aug 01, 2012
blogger1.0:

I have always prayed to God never to let me get so old that i would be a burden or life dependent on anybody, thats not life.
So, what i ask him for is a comfortable life with a strong body and good health. But when my eyes would have all strained out, hands all shaking, my waist bent and my legs dead, my skin all dried out, i would love for him to take me then. I cant really say at what age that would be anyway.
What is the need of staying alive to witness technological advancements when i would all washed out? Trust me, its not worth it.
Why the question?

well then, you have just given answer to how you will feel (never getting tierd) if u will be given eternal life were you will ever leave life at your prime.

As long you are fully usefull in this life though imperfect YOU CANT PICK A DAY TO DIE, SO, IF THE USEFULL LIFE KEEPS EXRENDING, U WILL SIMPLY ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS IT WILL LAST.
What you have just said in the bible it says that God has put eternity into the heart of men. Even an old man NEVER wants to die. It is instictive.

Using what you said, whenever u want to consider eternal live, in perfect health, 100% brain capacity. Unlimited resources will ever be pleasant . Infact, the way it is put in the bible is this:

EYES HAVE NOT SEEN, EARS HAVE NOT HEARD, NEITHER HAS IT COME TO THE HEART OF MEN WHAT GOD HAS KEPT IN STORE FOR THOSE WHO LOVE HIM.

Should help you to know that life eternal WILL NEVER be boring
Peace
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by cyrexx: 2:00pm On Aug 01, 2012
blogger1.0:

You can't live a reckless life, making it a living hell for God's people and expecft to have a happy reward do you?
Would you be happy to see likes of boko haram, alqaeda, and their likes to enter heaven or just getg free for all the things they did on earth in the next life? Or would you also love to meet them in the afterlife and rapol with them, smile with them and share the stories of the good times you had earth? Think bro.

bro, i think, thats why i will say to you that your wish to see the wicked punished is the inner desire of everyone which religion promises to fulfil but which it CANNOT fulfil.
for instance would you be happy to be in the same heaven with armed robber who stole millions that affected you, killed many innocent people that you know, ra.ped so many innocent girls (one of whom is Kiara, for the sake of our discussion) and commit all manner of wickedness, only to give his life to christ few seconds before his death.

Or about our dear innocent Kiara, who was raised a muslim, lived a good moral life, prayed to god to protect him but was ra.ped by an armed robber, only to die by accident the following year and find herself in hell for not accepting christ as her savoiur. the injustice against her by the armed robber was forgotten by this god and she will spend eternity in hell fire.

my friend, the harsh reality is that this world is full of injustice and religion will only console you by saying that you will be rewarded in the second non-existent life.
if you find comfort in that, pls continue following your religion, i wont discourage you.

i am an atheist, and i believe in life BEFORE death, not after death. so i do everything i can to realistically help people and make the best use of their life in this wicked world.

cheers

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by cyrexx: 2:04pm On Aug 01, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Start a thread on it, if you please. I'll meet you there.

i created a thread that discusses faith in religions sometimes ago

https://www.nairaland.com/972251/understanding-religious-delusion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Only Antidote For Sin / Deeper Knowledge in Witch Craft revealed by Edo Witch / How Many Souls Escaped The 'Hell' Fire Of Sodom And Gomorrah?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.