Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

What Do You Think About Eternity? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Think About Eternity? (11566 Views)

Quran Testifies To The Bible: It Says It Stands Till Eternity / Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? / "How Is An Eternity In Hell A Just Punishment For Only A Human Lifetime Of Sin?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by kunyeo(m): 5:57pm On Aug 04, 2012
[quote author=blogger1.0]
What i want is that when i die, let my soul and everything about me die alongside me to, let me not exist in any other form again. Thats what i want. [/quote.what you want,but you dont always get what you want.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Revolva(m): 6:00pm On Aug 04, 2012
Well eternity- why would I be worried about eternity when my mission here on this hell called earth have not been accomplished so what eternity am I looking for - you only live and die once and this life is the only life I know no other promised one

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by cyrexx: 6:08pm On Aug 04, 2012
KINGwax: allow me to come in Sir, even though i've been enjoying reading the debateable comments which in itself is educative. But, as i christian, i was made to biliv dt hell and heaven are real. Even if it were only to curtail wicked activities as u said, i'm glad. My bible made me undstnd dt without law, sins are abound, and submission is never in any human spirit. The reason u never shouted back at your boss, was because of d outcome, not because u never wanted to so, the aspect of it guiding ONLY the christians aint an argument. It's our call. All of us. Thank you

thank you sir, for your profound input, but pls know that there is a world of difference between a disciplinary action and eternal damnation.

can you torture your own creature in fire for billions and billions of years in excruciating pain for any reason whatsoever. i believe no. and i also believe no true creator will do that to his creation for any reason whatsoever.

the concept of hell is part of religious conceptualization and fabrications in order to generate followership for religions, e.g. Islam
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Toks2008(m): 6:13pm On Aug 04, 2012
The wall was made of jasper, and the city of pure gold, as pure as glass.

The foundations of the city walls were decorated with every kind of precious stone. The first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald, the fifth sardonyx, the sixth carnelian, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst.

The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. The great street of the city was of pure gold, like transparent glass.

The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there. Revelation 21:18-25

This is where every believer will be for eternity

Kai! City of pure Gold. One day when i grow old and depart from this crazy world. I will surely see this unfathomable wonder.Do you want to see this too? Then all you need do is accept Jesus as your lord and savior. So simple

Did i hear you say how? OK just Read this aloud "Lord Jesus, I believe you are the Son of God. Thank you for dying on the cross for my sins. Please forgive my sins and give me the gift of eternal life. I ask you in to my life and heart to be my Lord and Savior. I want to serve you always." Did you read this confessions? if yes then congratulations, you are saved.

Please be warned! once you get saved you are saved, Satan will try to rubbish your salvation and make you condemn yourself anytime you find yourself in one sin or the other. Simply ask GOD to forgive you and sincerely repent from that sin and also ask the holy spirit to help you forsake those sinful habits and the holy spirit will help you. Congrats once again.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by EmmaB3(m): 6:14pm On Aug 04, 2012
Nawao.. See hw the devil has deceived most of us into believing that there aint anythny like HELL and HEAVEN..me i strongly believe the bible(christrianity). Have any of us here read the book of Revelation frm chapter1 to its last chapter..Try read it,and u mst believe about the end time.If christianity aint 4 real,then tel me,hw did JAMES 4saw all those end time revelations. Dont be deceived by the devil o! Almost all the revelations about endtime have come to pass o! Na 4 real o! Believe o! Heaven is Real.Hell is real also. Fellow Nairalanders..Rem;no repentance in the grave.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Originakalokalo(m): 6:18pm On Aug 04, 2012
Can you remember When you were in your mothers womb?or what the womb look like? Then wen you are dead,you wont remember anytin about this wiked world.even if your father is in hell fire,you wont even know him or remember who he is.dat will not spoil your mood in any way.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Lordave: 6:19pm On Aug 04, 2012
blogger1.0:
Sometimes i just sit down and think about a world without end and i just feel so weak from within. I mean, time just keeps going nonstop, no end, you never get to see a cast which indicates that a movie has ended, it goes on and on and on. Oh God am feeling sick just typing this already.
Your thougts guys
we are approaching eternity
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Toks2008(m): 6:19pm On Aug 04, 2012
cyrexx:

thank you sir, for your profound input, but pls know that there is a world of difference between a disciplinary action and eternal damnation.

can you torture your own creature in fire for billions and billions of years in excruciating pain for any reason whatsoever. i believe no. and i also believe no true creator will do that to his creation for any reason whatsoever.

the concept of hell is part of religious conceptualization and fabrications in order to generate followership for religions, e.g. Islam

My Brother please forget the issue of hell. Whether people will burn for one day or million years or whether sinners will just be sent to instant extinction does not matter here.

What matters is securing a place in paradise and mind you, GOD never made hell for his creations but for the devil and his angels so its our choice to choose where we want to spend our eternal souls.

Souls don't die so your soul must be somewhere whether in Paradise or lake of fire na your choice.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by nybol(m): 6:32pm On Aug 04, 2012
Delafruita:
hmm
Unfortunately u cant have dat wish.
God didnt create you to just live your life & vanish, only things like trees, animals, stones, houses etc have no souls. You do have a soul & you will exist forever.
My Advice; make haste to secure your eternity now, Jesus awaits you.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 04, 2012
Truth be told, eternity is the most difficult thing to think about. I generally avoid thoughts about that. It is extremely depressing. . .too many unanswered and 'unanswerable' questions.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Wateron: 6:47pm On Aug 04, 2012
I can see this is a thrend for those that believes not in God. Well it's take deep thought for u to understand somethings. For instance in Islam Allah has told us dt before u enter into aljannah HE will clense u of some of your Human feelings n remove traits like jealousy, enmity from ur heart.

For the guy dt said how do u feel knowing dt ur family member is in he'll roasting we will feel dt way as human living here bt when it's time for eternity all these thought will not come the only once u will remember r those dt r in d paradise with u. It's one of the reason Allah referee to us as those who believed in the unseen n it's a fundamental of being a Muslim. U night want to say dt why shd I believe in the unseen bt I want u to ask u this question, where u there when the earth was made? U find ourselves in this world u herd something's abt this world n u believed. U never see it too.

Heaven n he'll is real if u want a proove of it die now n then u will see it immediately it's just a pity that u can't come back to tell us ur experience.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Wateron: 6:50pm On Aug 04, 2012
pro01: Truth be told, eternity is the most difficult thing to think about. I generally avoid thoughts about that. It is extremely depressing. . .too many unanswered and 'unanswerable' questions.

My advice for u is ask question abt it from people who is vast in his believes and u will see dt ur questions r answerable. For instance there is nothing in Islam dt is beyond human comprehension.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by sutton09: 6:52pm On Aug 04, 2012
We do not know how we came into the world. We were taught everything from childhood. This world is like a treasure island where men make discoveries every day. Observe nature and see the beauty God created. See the seas, the trees, numerous creatures dwelling in it. We are on a stage being watched. We will give account of how we spent our time on earth. God is a God of mercy and compassion otherwise all those that blaspheme would have been consumed by fire immediately. Hell was made for the devil and not man. But the devil wants to take many men there. Why? Even as humans, we can hurt a father by hurting his children. The devil seeks to destroy men to get back at God. The devil knows how much God loves you and getting you on his side would hurt God.

The bible says Jesus died to reconcile man with God (2 Corinthians 5:18). You would ask when did we become enstranged from God? From birth! Man is by nature sinful and wicked that is why we see so many destructions and evil caused by men around us.

Jesus declared in John 14: 6 " I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me"

The only way we can know if He is telling the truth is when we die! Is it worth the risk?
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Jossh(m): 6:55pm On Aug 04, 2012
for it has bin appointed 2 a man 2 die 1nx, & after dat judgement...4 what shall it profit a man dat gain d whole world & lose his soul?
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 04, 2012
There is nothing like eternity. Everything that has a beginning has an end. The revolution of Planet Earth is 365 days for 1yr. The revolution of bigger planets takes less time. So 365 days on earth might be 50 days in bigger planets. Take a smaller planet X that has 1000 days for an Earth Yr. For a regular life expectancy of Earth Humanoid to be 70yrs, that will mean while Humanoid on Earth lives 70yrs, 10 Generations of the species on Planet X may have gone through the cycles of birth and deaths. From Great Great Grand fathers to the off springs, while Humanoid on Earth is still alive. So those Species on Planet X may view Humanoids on Earth as immortals and think we live forever. Its interesting to relate to Bible when the Gods, told one of the early prophets that a 1000 yrs on Earth is like 1 day in God's eye, it was a way of saying, in Gods' Kingdom (Planet), that Gods' planet's 24hrs is like 1000 yrs on Earth. So, do the maths and you will realize for God to live 70 yrs hypothetically, it will mean 365x1000 = 365,0000 yrs on earth , we can then think believe Gods' lives forever cos many of our generations will live and die seeing the Gods and believing they live for eternity, when in essence, they also have their lifetime. Read about the birth called Phoenix for more insights.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by vanstanzy(m): 6:58pm On Aug 04, 2012
blogger1.0:
Sometimes i just sit down and think about a world without end and i just feel so weak from within. I mean, time just keeps going nonstop, no end, you never get to see a cast which indicates that a movie has ended, it goes on and on and on. Oh God am feeling sick just typing this already.
Your thougts guys

Guy u wrote right and u're thinking in the right direction too. But u forgot to uninvite the atheist and satanist from this thread.
God gave each one of us a soul which is about the only imperishable composite of the humanbody. Eternity is going to be spent by our soul and where it'll be spent, will be determined from the life we live here on earth. HEAVEN AND HELL are real, pay no attention to the atheists and Jehovahs' witness.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 04, 2012
pro01: Truth be told, eternity is the most difficult thing to think about. I generally avoid thoughts about that. It is extremely depressing. . .too many unanswered and 'unanswerable' questions.
Same Here!!
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by samkoro: 7:46pm On Aug 04, 2012
blogger1.0:
Your thougts guys

Eternity and inexistence are two sides of the same coin.One cannot exist without the other.Thus the more inexistence or nothingness there is,the more existence or eternity there is.Certain criteria are needed to qualify to be in that eternity controlled by Jehovah the ruler of all dimensions including our three dimensional world(solar systems,galaxy,universe).There are other beings in those higher dimensions such as spirits,ghosts,thoughts,angels -- demons are of lower dimensions that why humans get possessed by them if they indulge in certain things like drunkeness,fornication ,divination,etc

Avatars /messiahs are supernatural beings sent by God to show man the route to eternity.This is the reason Jesus came.Follow the lifestyle of Jesus Christ and you will attain eternity in paradise.Follow the lifestyle of mohamed-murder of non-moslems and you will end up in hell and subsequently to inexistence/spiritual death.

That is just the summary of how the universe interacts with the supernatural universe
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 04, 2012
vanstanzy:

Guy u wrote right and u're thinking in the right direction too. But u forgot to uninvite the atheist and satanist from this thread.
God gave each one of us a soul which is about the only imperishable composite of the humanbody. Eternity is going to be spent by our soul and where it'll be spent, will be determined from the life we live here on earth. HEAVEN AND HELL are real, pay no attention to the atheists and Jehovahs' witness.
lol but they are everywhere
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 04, 2012
Lordave: we are approaching eternity
You think?
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 04, 2012
Billyonaire: There is nothing like eternity. Everything that has a beginning has an end. The revolution of Planet Earth is 365 days for 1yr. The revolution of bigger planets takes less time. So 365 days on earth might be 50 days in bigger planets. Take a smaller planet X that has 1000 days for an Earth Yr. For a regular life expectancy of Earth Humanoid to be 70yrs, that will mean while Humanoid on Earth lives 70yrs, 10 Generations of the species on Planet X may have gone through the cycles of birth and deaths. From Great Great Grand fathers to the off springs, while Humanoid on Earth is still alive. So those Species on Planet X may view Humanoids on Earth as immortals and think we live forever. Its interesting to relate to Bible when the Gods, told one of the early prophets that a 1000 yrs on Earth is like 1 day in God's eye, it was a way of saying, in Gods' Kingdom (Planet), that Gods' planet's 24hrs is like 1000 yrs on Earth. So, do the maths and you will realize for God to live 70 yrs hypothetically, it will mean 365x1000 = 365,0000 yrs on earth , we can then think believe Gods' lives forever cos many of our generations will live and die seeing the Gods and believing they live for eternity, when in essence, they also have their lifetime. Read about the birth called Phoenix for more insights.
**Am speechless**
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 04, 2012
samkoro:

Eternity and inexistence are two sides of the same coin.One cannot exist without the other.Thus the more inexistence or nothingness there is,the more existence or eternity there is.Certain criteria are needed to qualify to be in that eternity controlled by Jehovah the ruler of all dimensions including our three dimensional world(solar systems,galaxy,universe).There are other beings in those higher dimensions such as spirits,ghosts,thoughts,angels -- demons are of lower dimensions that why humans get possessed by them if they indulge in certain things like drunkeness,fornication ,divination,etc

Avatars /messiahs are supernatural beings sent by God to show man the route to eternity.This is the reason Jesus came.Follow the lifestyle of Jesus Christ and you will attain eternity in paradise.Follow the lifestyle of mohamed-murder of non-moslems and you will end up in hell and subsequently to inexistence/spiritual death.

That is just the summary of how the universe interacts with the supernatural universe
You are confused, please dont confuse others.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 04, 2012
I really do not knw how to begin to help u cos ur deeply ingrained beleif has little or no root in the bible and as such ur fear is unfounded. That said, let me try to reason wit u. 1. In d begining God creatd man frm d dust of d ground nd d blew into his nostrils d breath of life nd he became a living soul(Gen. 2:7). Note that d man became a living soul nd not that a soul came to reside in him, hence the warning in Ezekiel 18:20 that a soul that sineth shall die as against d popular belief that d soul is immortal. 2. Eccl. 9:5&10 admonished that watever we can do nw that is worthwhile that we shuld do it while stil alive cos there is no form of life in the grave whr we are going. 3. When man dies he has paid 4 his sin(Rom.6:23). Its inconceivable that he shuld be raised back to life to suffer 4 d same sin. Hence the bible says he who has died has been acquited of hs sin(Rom.6:7). So there is nothing like hell fire as being propagatd today. Infacts that teaching dshonors God because it paints him as being cruel amongst other things. Again one might ask, y did d bible say that after death comes judgment? Jesus pointed out that d judgement of this world hav started(John.12:31) having com to show us the way. So whtever we are doing nw after having shown d way judges us. Its as if we ar nw in placed in judgement whl we watch as our conduct turns out we can deduce to in our mind wether we are fairing good in d judgement or not. Ther4, the judgement ends whenever we breath our last. Its just like someone that has a legal case that has been taking him to court over the yrs, he looks 4ward to having hs judgement whch is the end of court appearances. So is d judgement that follows the dead. Such judgement is witout injustice, infact its d fairest of judgement cos b4 dat time d individual shud hav knw hs stance wit God. If he is a sinner he knws, if he is a righteous person he nd his God knw. 5. Talking abt eternal life being boring, i understand ur fears. But y do u feel bad whn someone u love dies? The simple ans. is that God created in us d desire to live witout death frm d begining.(havin some trouble finding d quotation in Eccl.). We are beset wit such fear nd deep concern because we first tasted life of misery. Hav u been frustratd cos of not reaching some xpectations u set 4 urself due to ur limitation? Be assured u'll reach it nd even xceed it in God's kingdom when His wil shall be done on earth(Math. 6:9, 10). Yes mankind wil leave on earth nd not heaven wit some spirit bodies as theorised by theologians.(Psalms 37:29). Think of various acheivement of man nw even wit their imperfect mind, compare it wit much the aboundant acheivement that they'l be blessed wit in a perfect memory that wil not not be shortened by the brevity of our lives as it is 2day. My brother there many researches to engage in esp. d things that struct us wit mistry 2day whn we'll d grand privildge of unravling these by ourselves nd laugh at the folly of being kept in d dark by imperfection brought abt by sin. That same quotation am looking for also says that mankind cannot knw all that God has made from d start to d finish. U'll live forever trying to knw all these facinating things witout finish. Wht abt bad people causing us fear nd feelings of insecure? They wil be no more cos they'v paid 4 their sin wit death(Psalms:37:9, 10). In conclusion, just do ur utmost to maintain a healthy relationship God nw so that u'll enjoy all these wonderful things whn the memory of this present life wil gradually effaced and we get adjusted to the life then nd enjoy it to d fullest. If u want further clearifications, email me at mikeogele@yahoo.com.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Emylexray(m): 9:23pm On Aug 04, 2012
buzugee: The world will not end but your world will end for a period of time. hence why we are called mortals.
*fallacy*
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by dcal001: 9:23pm On Aug 04, 2012
Ihedinobi: What can I tell you about eternity, I wonder? :/

Perhaps I should tell you about the new body that can't die or be hurt in any way and is capable of things that'd blow your already over-heated mind. Or should I tell you about never needing rest or nourishment and being able to carry on with life in its entirety without ever breaking down? How about the really incredibly interesting things you'd find you could do? The impossibility of impossibility? Should I tell you of inventions and discoveries that'd make Einstein beg to be noticed? Or perhaps of the possibility of traversing the universe without the hindrances of our current mortal structure?

Shall I tell you of the freedom from all the care and worry and fret that currently defines our very existence here? Shall I tell you of music that is yet to be made and enjoyed? What shall I tell you and what shall I leave off? The half of it I haven't even begun to know myself.

Let me just tell you that Eternity is finally Life as it ought to be. . .forever. I don't know about PS3's, but I wouldn't rule out greater fun than that. Sex? Oh, for what na? Even we tire of the thing by the time we've hit 80 (for the real maniacs, of course) and the real fun of it is the depth of intimacy you can plumb with someone really important to you; Eternity promises bonding beyond sex's ability to offer. Just try and imagine life as you know it today without all your moral squabbles and trying to do right when it's more appealing to do wrong, without the exhaustion that takes away from the taste of the success you toiled so hard for, without the fear of betrayal that eats away at the best of relationships, without any need of or possibility of sorrow, pain, terror and whatnot. Try and imagine being able to pursue your noblest goals without time fighting you every step of the way, or to be able to hunt down possibilities of all kinds without the limitations of mortal ability. Even if you could, bro, (and I'm sure you can't) you'd still be light-years away from capturing the amazement, the wonder, the beauty of Eternity with Jesus Christ.
now thats whats up!
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by dcal001: 9:27pm On Aug 04, 2012
[quote author=Ihedinobi][/quote] so u better play safe...accept Jesus into ur life now
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by akagaba(f): 9:39pm On Aug 04, 2012
blogger1.0:

What i want is that when i die, let my soul and everything about me die alongside me to, let me not exist in any other form again. Thats what i want.
Sorry dear, ths is not posible. Spirits dont die. Ur body wil only die bt ur spirit wil b alive 2be answerable 2ur deeds on d judgement day. So thats why its best 2invest in d spirit than in d body. Ur spirit is d real u. If i may ask u, are u born again? If not, do that nw and enjoy ur eternity in heaven
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by akagaba(f): 9:42pm On Aug 04, 2012
Uyi Iredia: I think loads about eternity.
hey, uyi, is ur real name unyime? Familiar face tho...
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by softy(m): 9:44pm On Aug 04, 2012
we shall all die and face judgement,as u deserve......:accept Jesus as ur personal Lord and Saviour now,before it is too late, all ur earthly knowledge would not help u, and far enough, U wil not remember ur deeds here until ur judgement day or when u are being questioned!.......pls, Ephesian CHAPTER 5, SHOULD BE READ to really what God requires from u. Thanks.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by cyrexx: 9:46pm On Aug 04, 2012
akagaba: Sorry dear, ths is not posible. Spirits dont die. Ur body wil only die bt ur spirit wil b alive 2be answerable 2ur deeds on d judgement day. So thats why its best 2invest in d spirit than in d body. Ur spirit is d real u. If i may ask u, are u born again? If not, do that nw and enjoy ur eternity in heaven

but you know that human spirit has a definite beginning at birth, don't you think it will have a definite end at death, since whatever has a beginning must of necessity have an end?

what do you think

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 04, 2012
akagaba: Sorry dear, ths is not posible. Spirits dont die. Ur body wil only die bt ur spirit wil b alive 2be answerable 2ur deeds on d judgement day. So thats why its best 2invest in d spirit than in d body. Ur spirit is d real u. If i may ask u, are u born again? If not, do that nw and enjoy ur eternity in heaven
Bro i am not dead, so i don't need to be born again
#if you knw what i mean.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by MahatmaGhandi: 10:04pm On Aug 04, 2012
The interesting thing about this thread is that it has for allmost 4 pages been devoid of tribal war and almost none existent personal attacks,and am asking myself where are the war lords? Interesting thread though,am really enjoying it as for my opinion I start by quoting someone that said "even if we found ourselves in a situattion where there is no God it will be necessary to invent him" no God means no eternity and everything in the entire universe will be a function of coincidence,come on guys the rhythm of the universe is too organised to be a coincidence someone somewhere must have made it so,I strongly know from all I see that there is God and if so then eternity is sure cos that is where he lives,if there were no God n I choose to believe in him no one will penalise me but if there be God and I choose to ignore him then the consequences will be grave and it is better to be safe than sorry. I hope what I just typed some how lends credence to the existence of an eternity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Many Souls Escaped The 'Hell' Fire Of Sodom And Gomorrah? / Dominion: RCCG 66th Annual Convention, August 6-12th, 2018 / What Does It Mean To Carry Bunch Of Plantain In The Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.