Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects (13266 Views)

High-profile Fraud: EFCC Probes Four Judges Frustrating Probe / EFCC Reopens Subsidy Fraud Cases / Ahmadu Ali’s Son Re-arraigned For N4.5b Subsidy Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects by chucky234(m): 6:18pm On Jul 31, 2012
Gbawe:

My brother, this ultra-corrupt Government is only interested in stealing. The mission is to use crude propaganda, Otedola-style shenanigans and Oscar-winning performances to detract from the massive looting they are conducting so that 'team GEJ' can safely cross the 2015 line. We did this whole fuel subsidy issue to death in the past on this forum.

Many Nairalanders patriotically 'wrote books' that should have left no sane Nigerian oblivious to the notion that it is impossible for the GEJ Government not to be a part of this whole scam. It is simply impossible for the subsidy scam to have occured, to this monumental scale, without the complicity of the FG !!!

Who are the only two authorities empowered to issue marketers license that actually proceeded to do that to the extent, so disgracefully, that many with no capacity or ability to engage in the fuel sector gained marketers licence? Is it not the FG and the NNPC?

My brother, I don't want to get started again on something many of us laid bare at great length and with figures, precise statistics, damning relational issues etc. Suffice to say only a total fool, and perhaps an irredeemable bigot supporting his "brother" blindly, would believe GEJ, Allison-Madueke, Adoke Bello and co are not a big part of the mess they are pretending to be cleaning.
Coming from no other one but the only GBAWE of NL
Sipping my juice waiting for DEDEIKE,Billyonaire,Jmaine and Explorer to show their shamely faces on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects by lacasa: 6:25pm On Jul 31, 2012
ifihearam:

Shut up my mumu friend,u have unlimited intelligence I guess

But wait ooo. I thought there is separation of powers checks and balances.
One thing I know is that even if a citizen decides to withdraw a case the state might object it,so why will the judge agree to the withdrawal of that sensitive matter??between where are the names of the suspects that were withdrawnwhy una dey quick believe cock and bull stories sef??

Gej is here to fight with the monster called corruption and nobody or thing will stop him

...Laptop 39

Ɣou again?? cheesy
Re: Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects by http(m): 6:30pm On Jul 31, 2012
B.A.S.T.A.R.D at work, this is why Nigerians are look down on anywhere you go around the world, incompetent people with derail social, moral, psychological and pathetic ethnic and religious bigot who sees nothing in killing these thieves who have despoil us from our commonwealth.
Re: Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects by OAM4J: 6:30pm On Jul 31, 2012
O ga o. Na wa!
Re: Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects by otokx(m): 6:33pm On Jul 31, 2012
Interesting
Re: Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects by chucky234(m): 6:35pm On Jul 31, 2012
Gradually EFCC will drop the entire charges,I pity this country
Re: Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects by ogaemma: 6:38pm On Jul 31, 2012
Is all drama work. Soon all this subsidy drama will come to an end and nobody will go to prison for it. Let me take yoi back memory lane. Remember the power sector probe, what came out of it? What of Demeji Bankole's case, he was laughing EFCC to death. See Aruma Oteh, she is back to office, ha ha ha. They are just fooling us. They do not need any court case, what they need is a Libya revolution that will kill them on the street like Gadafi.
Re: Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects by poj(m): 6:39pm On Jul 31, 2012
I like being cautious when it comes to being critical of this govt, but it is getting undeniably obvious that nothing good can come out this current FG. Lets not expect too much so dt we dnt get disappointed. By d time they get us pushed to d wall, may be we wil fight bak. Nigerians; bunch of cowards, me inclusive. Its high time we started to take drastic actions to free ours selves frm ds unending misgovernace cum high level corruption.
Re: Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects by chucky234(m): 6:46pm On Jul 31, 2012
Billyonaire: When did GEJ become Court Judge ? I bow for the rotten judiciary, each time the executive arms initiate corruption fight, the judiciary gets them off the hook.
You are blindly fighting a lost battle without your clutches,when will you throw away your daft sentiment and fight for what is right.
Your boss has failed this nation totally, the judge or the C and C who has more power and authority to dictate what happens in a nation.
You are just rambling without a clue on how things are run in a nation like Nigeria,your boss has failed to justify his status as the president of this country and has crippled the country reducing us to mockery object before the world.
Re: Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects by mufc009(m): 6:47pm On Jul 31, 2012
ifihearam:

Is there no separation of powers between the three organs of governmentdoes the judiciary in america get order from the president??
OmO Ale Jati-Jati Nie
Are you not the eediot say GEJ is fighting Corruption,GEJ is gonna send em to jail at the other thread? Now you wanna lecture us on separation of power.
Aiye e ma baje ni
Don't let me curse you o

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects by Olaolufred(m): 6:47pm On Jul 31, 2012
Billyonaire: When did GEJ become Court Judge ? I bow for the rotten judiciary, each time the executive arms initiate corruption fight, the judiciary gets them off the hook.

The order of withdrawal of charges came from Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the federation.
This man was appointed by the president.
I think this explains your ignorance.
Re: Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects by bizgynbala(m): 6:48pm On Jul 31, 2012
GEJ and the fourty thieves.... Birds of same feather....
Re: Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects by Crown128(m): 6:51pm On Jul 31, 2012

HNosegbe:
EFCC's counsel, Mr. Rotimi Oyedepo, said he was instructed by the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Adoke (SAN) to withdraw the case.
He said: "We have an information (a charge) dated July 20, 2012 before this court.
"I have the instruction of the Attorney-General of the Federation to withdraw this information.
"The information has not been served on the defence.
"I urge the court to strike out the charges, “the EFCC counsel added.
In a short ruling, Justice Candide-Johnson ordered as prayed.
"At the instance of the prosecution, the information having been withdrawn is struck out," he said.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/55803-subsidy-efcc-withdraws-charges-against-four.html

HNosegbe: The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Tuesday withdrew charges of conspiracy and fraud relating to petroleum subsidy payments against four persons.
Justice Samuel Candide-Johnson of the Lagos State High Court, Igbosere, struck out the charges following an application by the EFCC.
EFCC's counsel, Mr. Rotimi Oyedepo, said he was instructed by the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Adoke (SAN) to withdraw the case.
He said: "We have an information (a charge) dated July 20, 2012 before this court.
"I have the instruction of the Attorney-General of the Federation to withdraw this information.
"The information has not been served on the defence.
"I urge the court to strike out the charges, “the EFCC counsel added.
In a short ruling, Justice Candide-Johnson ordered as prayed.
"At the instance of the prosecution, the information having been withdrawn is struck out," he said.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/55803-subsidy-efcc-withdraws-charges-against-four.html
Nigeria i hail thee!!! which way Nigerians?
Re: Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects by Rhino5dm: 6:51pm On Jul 31, 2012
Re: Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects by DeGrace01(m): 6:55pm On Jul 31, 2012
Hmmm time shall tell.
Re: Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects by Rhino5dm: 6:56pm On Jul 31, 2012
Re: Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects by DeGrace01(m): 6:58pm On Jul 31, 2012
Hmmm time shall tell. One thing is certain Gej must be aware if at all the infor is reall cos I am afraid of our journalist. But I know our God can not be bribed or intimidated.
Re: Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects by AZeD1(m): 7:06pm On Jul 31, 2012
DEDEIKE
Can we see your updated list of achievements?

3 Likes

Re: Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects by curtain: 7:08pm On Jul 31, 2012
When judges start playing in the waters of politics what do u expect, The real politicians would definitely out-smart them. Politicians play 2 stay afloat but intruders may get drawn. This judges hv lost touch wit traditional ethics 2 an extent of ridicule, the CJN is beareved of that.. The Judiciary will remain in trouble until their is a proper constitutional conference 2 address issues properly. Until then, the law remain an asrs and every one shud ride on it in his favour 2 d required destination. Atleast the law in this case was nt bent bt was used 2 achive bad result, this shows the flaws of the constitution, and the dire need of a SNC.
Re: Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects by ifihearam: 7:19pm On Jul 31, 2012
mufc009:
OmO Ale Jati-Jati Nie
Are you not the eediot say GEJ is fighting Corruption,GEJ is gonna send em to jail at the other thread? Now you wanna lecture us on separation of power.
Aiye e ma baje ni
Don't let me curse you o

Moderators!!!!!!!!!!!
Now that everyone is insulting me for innocently airing my view,u pple can't ban them ooooo. If na me una go dey rush like jackie chan for rush hour!!!!!
So the above poster wants me to call him a bastaaardd abi I will not to I will rather keep quiet instead of calling him a fool or mumu
Re: Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects by barryj1: 7:21pm On Jul 31, 2012
UNTIL WE RISE FROM OUR SLUMBER
They keep stealing we keep making noise about it.
We are already cold in nigeria no way about unless we "RISE"from our sleep
that is when we will become relevant in their eyes.The way I'm seeing shows that nobody want to get hurt.The government is incharge of the security,EFCC,judiciary,money they control everything the way they want it.Until we "RISE" until nigerians rise to stop the mess,let's prepare for more looting,killing of inocent souls and so on.RISE NIGERIA!!NIGERIANS RISE!!!!!!
Re: Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 31, 2012
Olaolufred:

The order of withdrawal of charges came from Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the federation.
This man was appointed by the president.
I think this explains your ignorance.

Billionaire is a member of the 40 man squad laptop. Just ignore the idiot
Re: Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects by Gbawe: 7:24pm On Jul 31, 2012
chucky234: You are blindly fighting a lost battle without your clutches,when will you throw away your daft sentiment and fight for what is right.
Your boss has failed this nation totally, the judge or the C and C who has more power and authority to dictate what happens in a nation.
You are just rambling without a clue on how things are run in a nation like Nigeria,your boss has failed to justify his status as the president of this country and has crippled the country reducing us to mockery object before the world.

My brother, blind sycophancy has no hiding place and will be shamed in the end because the beneficiary of such azz-licking is an ultra-corrupt and entirely compromised crook who will simply be told to "drop the faking" when he carries his laughable pretense too far. Watch how the usual suspect will try and discredit the source of the news below while they forget that even the USA predicted precisely what is hinted below about the PDP.

http://www.olufamous.com/2012/07/exposed-pdp-conspiring-with-reps-to.html

Exposed! PDP Conspiring With Reps To Impeach Jonathan

The dirty politics that goes on in the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, is about to be taken to a higher level as the Party's National Chairman is said to be very angry with the way his son is being treated by the government over the fuel subsidy scam.

A credible source told Olufamous.com that Bamangar Tukur "is not happy because he knows many other persons who corruptly enrich themselves within the Jonathan government are walking free but the government is making a public show of his own son, attracting insults to him".

Also, suspicion and rage simmered in the Niger Delta region on Friday, following statements credited to the Deputy National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Dr. Sam Jaja, that President Goodluck Jonathan had committed blunders that required his impeachment.

Elders and activists from the oil rich Niger Delta region are furious that the PDP had tactically given the House of Representatives a backing to actualise its threat to impeach the president.

They were also suspicious that the national leaders of the party from the region might have been convinced to join the impeachment train.

Jaja had, while briefing journalists on behalf of the party’s National Working Committee last Thursday, said the PDP was aware that Jonathan had made some errors deserving of impeachment.

Jaja, who is from the same geopolitical zone with Jonathan, said: “It is not a fluke that they are not making any sense, it is not also a fluke that the President is making errors that require impeachment.”

http://stephendieseruvwe./2012/03/11/pdp-is-not-a-political-party-but-a-fractious-and-opportunistic-coalition-of-interests-lisa-piascik/

PDP IS NOT A POLITICAL PARTY, BUT A FRACTIOUS AND OPPORTUNISTIC COALITION OF INTERESTS – LISA PIASCIK
MARCH 11, 2012
tags: Corruption, PDP, People's Democratic Party

The United States does not consider the ruling Peoples’ Democratic Party a political party, a US diplomatic cable leaked to the whistle blowing site, Wikileaks, and made exclusively available to NEXT has shown.

Charge d’ affaires of the US embassy in Nigeria, Lisa Piascik, in a dispatch dated October 19, 2007, informed Washington that despite its labelling as a political party, the PDP did not meet “the common western understanding” of a political party.

According to Ms. Piascik, the PDP “lacks key ingredients most political parties share”.

After taking a swipe at the party’s mission statement, the American diplomat proceeded to deliver what is probably the most scathing analysis yet of the PDP.

“The PDP remains an agglomeration of interest groups formed around persons of prominence and power which are loosely tied together by a desire to remain in office and maintain access to the “national cake” or resources of the state”, Ms. Piascik declared.

“The PDP remains a highly fractious and opportunistic coalition of interests. True opposition, in the form of a powerful group with access to the pillars of power, comes from within the PDP – not from without as would be expected in a democratic party structure.”

She added that the party, which claims to be the biggest political platform in Africa, has no “ideological consensus” whatsoever and had remained divided from the start.

In a comment attached to the cable, the American diplomat said, “The PDP remains a highly fractious and opportunistic coalition of interests. True opposition, in the form of a powerful group with access to the pillars of power, comes from within the PDP – not from without as would be expected in a democratic party structure.”
Re: Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects by ayox2003: 7:31pm On Jul 31, 2012
I need names! Who are the 4?

Frawzey
Re: Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects by dedeike: 7:33pm On Jul 31, 2012
A-ZeD:
DEDEIKE
Can we see your update list of achievements?
When there's need for me to update I will update. But now we are discussing about another issue entirely.
On Friday, I celebrated the remarkable and unprecedented prosecution of big oil thieves , who incidentally are sons to leaders of the ruling party.
I reckoned that it was indeed a bold step by this administration to implement the subsidy probe which has never happened before.
However, if this report is true, then it creates a bad impression of the prosecutions. It sends the wrong signal that govt may be selective in its application of justice.
I don't agree with this move but i will need to verify this report first because a lot of falsehood trend on Nairaland.
Re: Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects by slimdiggi: 7:36pm On Jul 31, 2012
shocked sadNigeria! Shameless old woman angry
Re: Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects by jmaine: 7:42pm On Jul 31, 2012
chucky234: Coming from no other one but the only GBAWE of NL
Sipping my juice waiting for DEDEIKE,Billyonaire,Jmaine and Explorer to show their shamely faces on this thread.

It's not suprising to see ediots congregate on a thread that gives them orgassmic pleasures . . . .4 out 20, leaves us with 16 more . . .

Have you folks had time to even appreciate the 16 others standing trial . . .and before i can categorically comment . . .the names of those four need to be mentioned and the legitimacy to this act furnished . . .

worshipping me makes you sounds even more silly . . .
Re: Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects by gramci: 7:44pm On Jul 31, 2012
Only a numb skull will expect something positive to come out from the prosecution of subsidy thieves.
Re: Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects by Oluwadare: 7:44pm On Jul 31, 2012
*Sigh* let me see to my handkerchief i need to wipe my tears, this is beyond pale abeg.
Re: Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects by Elueme: 7:48pm On Jul 31, 2012
alaoeri:
What are spewing, where 'll the judiciary get order from?
So the judiciary is now taking orders from the executive..are you now derailing our judiciary?
Re: Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects by Elueme: 7:56pm On Jul 31, 2012
I will dismiss this thread as mere speculation.. If a case of such magnitude is being dropped the public will be furnished with details... The govt is not that dull to goof this way
Re: Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects by BetaThings: 7:57pm On Jul 31, 2012
You are just too much!
Adoke (Attorney General) is now judiciary!!
And the judge will refuse to strike out a case (and hear evidence in his dreams) that the Attorney General Has decided to discontinue!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko-Haram Kill 20 Civilians In Borno / Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms / See How Those Who Voted PMB Are Enjoying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.