Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,979 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Northern Leaders Blast Edwin Clark - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Leaders Blast Edwin Clark (1786 Views)

Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark / You’re A Bad Loser, APC Leaders Blast Jonathan / Yoruba Leaders Blast Buhari, Endorse Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Leaders Blast Edwin Clark by Stallion77(f): 8:48am On Aug 03, 2012
Northern interest groups and leaders, yesterday, flayed Ijaw national leader, Chief Edwin Clark’s assertion of the culpability of Northern leaders in the Boko Haram insurgency, describing his claim as extreme ethnic jingoism.

In their various reactions to Clark’s claim of northern conspiracy against the Goodluck Jonathan administration, the northern groups and elders said the depiction of the President as a victim was a wrong assessment of what they separately described as the inability of the regime to address a problem that has spread through ethnic and religious divisions in the north.

The northern leaders’ reaction came in the face of the assertion by Clark at a public lecture in Abuja on Wednesday that powerful northern leaders are orchestrating the Boko Haram insurgency to destabilise the Goodluck Jonathan administration.
Reacting to the assertion, the ACF speaking though its spokesman, Anthony A. Z. Sanni said:

“If Chief Edwin Clark believes Northern Leaders brought about Boko Haram in order to make the country ungovernable for President Jonathan; you in the media should remind him that President Umar Yar’Adua used force and killed 700 members of the sect and their leader in 2009 when there was no politics of zoning.

“What is more, President Jonathan’s ruling party controls about 14 northern states. The numbers 2,3,4 and 5 in the government are from the North. How would the North make the country ungovernable under such situation?

“I have made this point clear that it is unhelpful to associate Boko Haram with a region, with religion or with ethnicity. Were it strategic to think so, America would have associated al-Qaeda with Saudi Arabia or with Islam, since Osama Bin Laden and most of the 19 pilots who brought the New York twin towers down on 9/11 were of Saudi extraction.

“Nigerians passed their judgment and rejected politics of zoning when they voted President Jonathan in 2011. As democrats, northern leaders under ACF congratulated President Jonathan and all those who won their elections. ACF also paid courtesy call on Mr President and urged Nigerians to support the government and that politicians should go to the trenches for 2015 only when the whistle is blown by the authority.

“What else should northern leaders do in order to assure Chief Clark that the security challenges and the national malaise have not been brought about by northern leaders? The media should also help dispel such misconceptions for national interest,” Sani said.

It’s pure blackmail — Arewa youths

The Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, AYCF, in its own reaction described the assertion as pure blackmail that would inevitably compound the problems of the president.

“That is a blackmail and one is not surprised because the elder statesman, though I have respect for him, but sometimes, his utterances seem to compound more trouble for the Niger Delta people and even the president,” Alhaji Yerima Shetimma, the national president of the AYCF told Vanguard yesterday.

“One of the issues they have raised is that often time, when they talk, they say ‘our president, our son’, ‘our oil and our money’, that does not protect the unity of this country; in fact, it is a threat to national unity.

“When there was crisis in the Niger Delta, some of us did not see it as a Niger Delta crisis but as a Nigerian problem. Of what importance will it be to a northerner to sponsor Boko Haram and at the same time, the direct victim is the northerner because, over 99 per cent of victims of Boko Haram are northerners.
”Jonathan did not become President because of the support he had only from the South-south. In fact, some of us did the work for him to be there. Some of us pushed for the Doctrine of Necessity and I was one of the vocal voices that stood and insisted that the right thing must be done. If they continue doing that, they are treading on the wrong path and they might end up ruining. This must stop, this madness must stop. So, nobody should accuse the north, this is blackmail and we will resist it”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/northern-leaders-blast-edwin-clark/
Re: Northern Leaders Blast Edwin Clark by hakanai(m): 9:42am On Aug 03, 2012
Stallion77: Northern interest groups and leaders, yesterday, flayed Ijaw national leader, Chief Edwin Clark’s assertion of the culpability of Northern leaders in the Boko Haram insurgency, describing his claim as extreme ethnic jingoism.

In their various reactions to Clark’s claim of northern conspiracy against the Goodluck Jonathan administration, the northern groups and elders said the depiction of the President as a victim was a wrong assessment of what they separately described as the inability of the regime to address a problem that has spread through ethnic and religious divisions in the north.

The northern leaders’ reaction came in the face of the assertion by Clark at a public lecture in Abuja on Wednesday that powerful northern leaders are orchestrating the Boko Haram insurgency to destabilise the Goodluck Jonathan administration.
Reacting to the assertion, the ACF speaking though its spokesman, Anthony A. Z. Sanni said:

“If Chief Edwin Clark believes Northern Leaders brought about Boko Haram in order to make the country ungovernable for President Jonathan; you in the media should remind him that President Umar Yar’Adua used force and killed 700 members of the sect and their leader in 2009 when there was no politics of zoning.

“What is more, President Jonathan’s ruling party controls about 14 northern states. The numbers 2,3,4 and 5 in the government are from the North. How would the North make the country ungovernable under such situation?

“I have made this point clear that it is unhelpful to associate Boko Haram with a region, with religion or with ethnicity. Were it strategic to think so, America would have associated al-Qaeda with Saudi Arabia or with Islam, since Osama Bin Laden and most of the 19 pilots who brought the New York twin towers down on 9/11 were of Saudi extraction.

“Nigerians passed their judgment and rejected politics of zoning when they voted President Jonathan in 2011. As democrats, northern leaders under ACF congratulated President Jonathan and all those who won their elections. ACF also paid courtesy call on Mr President and urged Nigerians to support the government and that politicians should go to the trenches for 2015 only when the whistle is blown by the authority.

“What else should northern leaders do in order to assure Chief Clark that the security challenges and the national malaise have not been brought about by northern leaders? The media should also help dispel such misconceptions for national interest,” Sani said.

It’s pure blackmail — Arewa youths

The Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, AYCF, in its own reaction described the assertion as pure blackmail that would inevitably compound the problems of the president.

“That is a blackmail and one is not surprised because the elder statesman, though I have respect for him, but sometimes, his utterances seem to compound more trouble for the Niger Delta people and even the president,” Alhaji Yerima Shetimma, the national president of the AYCF told Vanguard yesterday.

“One of the issues they have raised is that often time, when they talk, they say ‘our president, our son’, ‘our oil and our money’, that does not protect the unity of this country; in fact, it is a threat to national unity.

“When there was crisis in the Niger Delta, some of us did not see it as a Niger Delta crisis but as a Nigerian problem. Of what importance will it be to a northerner to sponsor Boko Haram and at the same time, the direct victim is the northerner because, over 99 per cent of victims of Boko Haram are northerners.
”Jonathan did not become President because of the support he had only from the South-south. In fact, some of us did the work for him to be there. Some of us pushed for the Doctrine of Necessity and I was one of the vocal voices that stood and insisted that the right thing must be done. If they continue doing that, they are treading on the wrong path and they might end up ruining. This must stop, this madness must stop. So, nobody should accuse the north, this is blackmail and we will resist it”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/northern-leaders-blast-edwin-clark/

^^^^ Please forget the ND president mentality and the numerous ND tribal spokes persons.ko mai kayi sai jaki ya chi kara!Well said my elders and fellow brothers.
Re: Northern Leaders Blast Edwin Clark by mpumalanga: 9:59am On Aug 03, 2012
Though, iam not a fan of Chief Clark but iam happy the way he is trying to speak the truth to his allies
in the north.
Re: Northern Leaders Blast Edwin Clark by baslone: 10:06am On Aug 03, 2012
Clark's level of reasoning is particular to his region.

Their brains are upside down.
Re: Northern Leaders Blast Edwin Clark by Ogbonaikenna(m): 10:26am On Aug 03, 2012
Northern parasite should declare her independence cos ogoniland has just declare hers. No more free handout. Shame on the north
Re: Northern Leaders Blast Edwin Clark by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 03, 2012
baslone:

Clark's level of reasoning is particular to his region.

Their brains are upside down.
whose brain is upside down?idiot
Re: Northern Leaders Blast Edwin Clark by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 03, 2012
clark should do himself a favour and shut his trap angry
Re: Northern Leaders Blast Edwin Clark by Beaf: 12:44pm On Aug 03, 2012
Ogbiaboy: whose brain is upside down?idiot

Dude, ignore foolish people.

@topic
When you say you will cause problems, then you become the first suspect when problems arise. We remember how men like Kaita and Buhari took turns to promise bloodshed. Even here on NL, someone (gadogado) repeatedly promised massive suicide bombings at a time Nigeria had never had a suicide bomber, simply because GEJ won the elections.

Edwin Clark spoke very well. cool
The truth is bitter.
Re: Northern Leaders Blast Edwin Clark by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 03, 2012
How I wish this Anthony Sanni to go and live in Wulari wards ..Customs area ..Monday market..Post Office area or the Bama Road axis of Maiduguri and attend any church in those areas mentioned...he will know how far!

While the rest of the Middle Belt folks are trying to wean themselves from the slave mentality of the Northern Oligarchy...he is trying to make himself the attack dog of the caliphate.

1 Like

Re: Northern Leaders Blast Edwin Clark by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 03, 2012
Beaf:

Dude, ignore foolish people.

@topic
When you say you will cause problems, then you become the first suspect when problems arise. We remember how men like Kaita and Buhari took turns to promise bloodshed. Even here on NL, someone (gadogado) repeatedly promised massive suicide bombings at a time Nigeria had never had a suicide bomber, simply because GEJ won the elections.

Edwin Clark spoke very well. cool
The truth is bitter.

and when edwin co.ckclark was supporting criminals who were kidnapping expatriates in the name of militants was he ever picked and locked up? angry

edwin clark is a hypocritical(sic) arz h :ole!
the truth is bitter cool

2 Likes

Re: Northern Leaders Blast Edwin Clark by Beaf: 12:56pm On Aug 03, 2012
torkaka:

and when edwin co.ckclark was supporting criminals who were kidnapping expatriates in the name of militants was he ever picked and locked up? angry

edwin clark is a hypocritical(sic) arz h :ole!
the truth is bitter cool

I don't see what your outburst has got to do with the reason why every sensible person points certain core-Northern leaders out as being the powers behind boko haram.

The truth is bitter.
Re: Northern Leaders Blast Edwin Clark by Mrchippychappy(m): 1:00pm On Aug 03, 2012
[size=15pt]Dissolve this sh!thole called Nigeria ASAP[/size]
Re: Northern Leaders Blast Edwin Clark by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 03, 2012
torkaka: clark should do himself a favour and shut his trap angry

You want me to be on the same page with someone I wish not to be with seriously.

Question for you? Did some people threatened to make this country ungovernable should GEJ win the election or not just prior to the election.

If yes: then it will be difficult..extremely difficult to exonerate them from the present madness going on in some part of the North.

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure that one out

....we just need to remove sentiment in resolving this issue.

1 Like

Re: Northern Leaders Blast Edwin Clark by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 03, 2012
Beaf:

I don't see what your outburst has got to do with the reason why every sensible person points certain core-Northern leaders out as being the powers behind boko haram.

The truth is bitter.

dude i work with facts!
no caught bokoharamist has implicated any northern leader that i know of undecided
a caught MEND member has implicated south south leaders angry go figure! and stop being hypocrites!!

1 Like

Re: Northern Leaders Blast Edwin Clark by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 03, 2012
ilugunboy:

You want me to be on the same page with someone I wish not to be with seriously.

Question for you? Did some people threatened to make this country ungovernable should GEJ win the election or not just prior to the election.

If yes: then it will be difficult..extremely difficult to exonerate them from the present madness going on in some part of the North.

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure that one out

....we just need to remove sentiment in resolving this issue.

simply a threat of violence in response to another threat of violence!
did MEND threaten to make the country ungovernable if jonathan is not allowed to contest for president or not?
Re: Northern Leaders Blast Edwin Clark by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 03, 2012
torkaka:

simply a threat of violence in response to another threat of violence!
did MEND threaten to make the country ungovernable if jonathan is not allowed to contest for president or not?

Good,... so either way Nigeria is toast!.

Now the other party that felt short-changed is carrying out it threats...simple!
Re: Northern Leaders Blast Edwin Clark by Beaf: 1:15pm On Aug 03, 2012
torkaka:

dude i work with facts!
no caught bokoharamist has implicated any northern leader that i know of undecided
a caught MEND member has implicated south south leaders angry go figure! and stop being hypocrites!!

That is just the same way no militant has ever mentioned Clark, yet you found a way to do so. Your outbursts are mere emotion that can do nothing to change the minds of thinking and observing people.

If you threaten to kill someone and next thing, the person dies, who will be the first person the police arrest?

The truth is bitter, bro.
Ask your elite why they need boko haram.
Re: Northern Leaders Blast Edwin Clark by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 03, 2012
Beaf:

That is just the same way no militant has ever mentioned Clark, yet you found a way to do so. Your outbursts are mere emotion that can do nothing to change the minds of thinking and observing people.

If you threaten to kill someone and next thing, the person dies, who will be the first person the police arrest?

The truth is bitter, bro.
Ask your elite why they need boko haram.
are you daft? i said south south leaders or are diezani,goodluck etc not south south leaders? see who is talking about emotions,rubbish!
Re: Northern Leaders Blast Edwin Clark by Beaf: 1:42pm On Aug 03, 2012
torkaka:
are you daft? i said south south leaders or are diezani,goodluck etc not south south leaders? see who is talking about emotions,rubbish!

You seem to be exploding with emotions, bro.

The truth is bitter.
We believe that core-Northern leaders are behind boko haram for political reasons due to the threats they made. Accept it.
Your emotions only make for weak arguments.
Re: Northern Leaders Blast Edwin Clark by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 03, 2012
Beaf:

You seem to be exploding with emotions, bro.

The truth is bitter.
We believe that core-Northern leaders are behind boko haram for political reasons due to the threats they made. Accept it.
Your emotions only make for weak arguments.

first off i don't give a damn about northern leaders angry neither do i give a damn about southern(read:south south)leaders angry what p.isses me off is when folks like you (who in my opinion are the scum of the earth)hypocritically(sic) accuse others of the same thing you are guilty of! angry
the only difference between a south south [/b]person and a core northerner is that one lives in a land where oil is beneath the ground! both sets of people are lazy good for nothing arsonist angry who behave like [b]premature vultures! angry

2 Likes

Re: Northern Leaders Blast Edwin Clark by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 03, 2012
The blame game continues and will never stop.

Not until we decided to sit down and negotiate Nigeria.

For now, the only sensible people I see in Nigeria are the Ogonis who have taken the bull by the horn to by declaring self determination.

Who are the next sensible people to follow?
Re: Northern Leaders Blast Edwin Clark by Beaf: 2:07pm On Aug 03, 2012
torkaka:

first off i don't give a damn about northern leaders angry neither do i give a damn about southern(read:south south)leaders angry what p.isses me off is when folks like you (who in my opinion are the scum of the earth)hypocritically(sic) accuse others of the same thing you are guilty of! angry
the only difference between a south south [/b]person and a core northerner is that one lives in a land where oil is beneath the ground! both sets of people are lazy good for nothing arsonist angry who behave like [b]premature vultures! angry

Sorry, the thread is about Northern leaders, so your misfiring (and rather primitive) emotions are leading you into the trashcan (as usual).

The core-Northern elite promised bloodshed before and after they lost the elections, so now that we have blood and suicide bombers, every thinking person concludes that they are behind it. Your emotions are not a curtain over the truth and our observations.

The truth is bitter.
Re: Northern Leaders Blast Edwin Clark by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 03, 2012
Beaf:

Sorry, the thread is about Northern leaders, so your misfiring (and rather primitive) emotions are leading you into the trashcan (as usual).

The core-Northern elite promised bloodshed before and after they lost the elections, so now that we have blood and suicide bombers, every thinking person concludes that they are behind it. Your emotions are not a curtain over the truth and our observations.

The truth is bitter.

no sir, the thread is about northern leaders and what a south southern leader thinks about them'. theres a difference between some one being misled into a trash can and some one already in a trash can!

1 Like

Re: Northern Leaders Blast Edwin Clark by Ganys: 3:54pm On Aug 03, 2012
Beaf:

The truth is bitter.
Laptop Number 1, I thought You are on leave....
I tire for this Edwin CROOK, oh sorry Clerk, oh no, i mean Edwin Jonathan's Clerk

2 Likes

Re: Northern Leaders Blast Edwin Clark by lacasa: 4:06pm On Aug 03, 2012
Ganys:
Laptop Number 1, I thought You are on leave....
I tire for this Edwin CROOK, oh sorry Clerk, oh no, i mean Edwin Jonathan's Clerk

LWKM
grin grin
Re: Northern Leaders Blast Edwin Clark by 1800bc(f): 4:15pm On Aug 03, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:
[size=15pt]Dissolve this sh!thole called Nigeria ASAP[/size]

Would you haul your car to the crushers cos of a bad tyre?
Re: Northern Leaders Blast Edwin Clark by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 03, 2012
1800bc:

This is not just a case of a bad tyre...it's a case of a knocked engine of a 1964 Volkswagen beetle in a 2012 Toyota Venza. Its not just going to work.

Better you discard the whole idea or re-work the car from the scratch.
Re: Northern Leaders Blast Edwin Clark by Beaf: 4:23pm On Aug 03, 2012
torkaka:

no sir, the thread is about northern leaders and what a south southern leader thinks about them'. theres a difference between some one being misled into a trash can and some one already in a trash can!

I'm glad you got the bolded. Edwin Clark simply pointed out what every sensible Nigerian (including core-Northerners) has on their mind, which is that core-Northern elite promised violence after political and electoral losses... and now we have boko haram.

2 + 2 = 4. cool

The truth is bitter.
Re: Northern Leaders Blast Edwin Clark by Dede1(m): 4:30pm On Aug 03, 2012
1800bc:

It appears you were very economical with analogy of bad tires. If Nigeria should be likened to a car, the engine is running on three broken cylinders, the front ends are out of alignment, the headlights are dead, windshields are cracked, body is beat-up piece of junk and starter is about to wear out. If you fail to take the piece of junk to a crusher, it could cause fatalities.
Re: Northern Leaders Blast Edwin Clark by freegaza(m): 4:37pm On Aug 03, 2012
koya kayi da jaki sai ya ci kara....apt @haka nai
Re: Northern Leaders Blast Edwin Clark by Lordave: 6:03pm On Aug 03, 2012
So north has leaders? What are those leaders leading, boko haram? I'm sure those northern fools are out of their senses
Re: Northern Leaders Blast Edwin Clark by Eziachi: 6:43pm On Aug 03, 2012
Lordave: So north has leaders? What are those leaders leading, boko haram? I'm sure those northern fools are out of their senses

When people are tribal minded, it seems to screw up their reasoning. You guys make it sound that Boko Haram is the only problem ever visited Nigeria. When did Nigeria starts sectionalising crime?

In the 80s when Monday Osunbor, Iyamu, Lawrence Anini and their gang were terrorising Easterners going home and making the Old Bendel state a no go area, So Babangida, then as the leader should have been using proxy northern leaders to call on Oba of Benin and others from that area to sort it out because they are making governance difficult for Babangida?

Jonathan is number one opposer of regional or state police force, and since he kept asking northerners to do his own job using proxy, why can't he do all he could to push for regional police and then I will support him whenever he call on them to deal with Boko Haram.

How many times has he called Igbo leaders to sort out kidnapping his Ijaw people imported into Nigeria lifestyle and exported to Igboland? Never!
And you lot will be the first to shout for the continued existence of this shambolic union called Nigeria, if you hate this northerners that much.
I have little time for hypocrites. Those that focus on the leaf on someone else eyes but chooses to ignore the rafters on their own.
It was the Ijaws of Clark and GEJ that introduced kidnapping for ransom, terrorist bombing, cultic attack into Nigeria and now they have the temerity of pointing finger?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures Of A Victim Of The Kaduna Barracks Bomb Blast / Oyo Govt. Orders 20,000 YES-O Cadets To Re-apply / Post-Privatisation Of PHCN: Power Beginning To Stabilise?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.