Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,953 members, 7,821,348 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses (2436 Views)

Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church / Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by Omolola1(f): 9:55am On Aug 03, 2012
Right now am confused!

I attended their congregation twice, and they preach a totally different doctrine but makes sense.

They believe there is no hell, that Jehovah is a loving God who would never torment his children, but punish them 4 their sins, which is death! The wages of sin is death as the bible say.
In one of their meetings, the preacher used Lazarus as an example, when Jesus brought him back to life, he never gave any description about heaven or hell! (this makes sense)
they seem to av tangible points which leaves me confused!

I attend redeem. Personally, i believe in personal relatnshp with God, reading the bible and understanding it, loving one's neigbour and obeyng God's commandment ar the keys to eternal life.

Really want to know your thoughts on this.
Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:00am On Aug 03, 2012
Omolola1: Right now am confused!

I attended their congregation twice, and they preach a totally different doctrine but makes sense.

They believe there is no hell, that Jehovah is a loving God who would never torment his children, but punish them 4 their sins, which is death! The wages of sin is death as the bible say.
In one of their meetings, the preacher used Lazarus as an example, when Jesus brought him back to life, he never gave any description about heaven or hell! (this makes sense)

I attend redeem. Personally, i believe in personal relatnshp with God, reading the bible and understanding it, loving one's neigbour and obeyng God's commandment ar the keys to eternal life.

Ask them pertinent questions. Do they receive Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour? Who is Jesus Christ to them? Answers to these questions and more will help you to discover whether they are cults or true Christians.
Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by ijawkid(m): 1:43pm On Aug 03, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Ask them pertinent questions. Do they receive Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour? Who is Jesus Christ to them? Answers to these questions and more will help you to discover whether they are cults or true Christians.

Ofcus witnesses accept Jesus as there LORD and saviour......

When did they ever tell u they didn't??

Make u no dey spread rumour o.......

If they don't accept Jesus as there Lord $ personal saviour why on earth will they imitate the same Jesus and obey his words to preach until the kingdom comes??

U think say to accept Jesus as Lord $ personal saviour na for mouth??

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by ijawkid(m): 1:47pm On Aug 03, 2012

Witnesses teach d truth about HELL and how d bible views it....

They are correct.....

I espouse there stance on there repudiating d false pagan hell fire dogma.......

And ofcus the logical question u heard is infact sometin to deliberate on....

When lazaruz was ressurected did he give any news or story of hellfire or heaven.??

Good question....

Unlike d many fraudulent stories we hear of persons who claim to had visited hellfire after going thru some trance.....

I'm not going to decide for u where to go or worship....

Most important thing is read ur bible.....the bible explains itself.....

4 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:32am On Aug 04, 2012
ijawkid:

Ofcus witnesses accept Jesus as there LORD and saviour......

When did they ever tell u they didn't??

Make u no dey spread rumour o.......

If they don't accept Jesus as there Lord $ personal saviour why on earth will they imitate the same Jesus and obey his words to preach until the kingdom comes??

U think say to accept Jesus as Lord $ personal saviour na for mouth??

Consider these verses of Scripture:

"Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour" (Isaiah 43:10-11).

"Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me" (Hosea 13:4).

Would Jesus still be your Lord and personal saviour according to the highlighted words above?
Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by ijawkid(m): 1:34pm On Aug 04, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Consider these verses of Scripture:

"Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour" (Isaiah 43:10-11).

"Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me" (Hosea 13:4).

Would Jesus still be your Lord and personal saviour according to the highlighted words above?

What is Lord or who is a Lord??

Witnesses as I know recognize Jesus as there LORD.....don't get it twisted.....don't spread rumours.....

From all our discussions u shulda realized that..

1 corinthians 11:3 explains that....

Incase u've forgotten....

Jesus is Lord over man and d church.....

Get that??

It is u who will have a problem with agreeing with the fact that Jesus has a Lord and God over him.....

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:43pm On Aug 04, 2012
ijawkid:

Witnesses as I know recognize Jesus as there LORD.....don't get it twisted.....don't spread rumours.....

Get that??

It is u who will have a problem with agreeing with the fact that Jesus has a Lord and God over him.....

I hear you that you say that you accept Jesus as Lord or a Lord just as you have changed the fact that the Word was a god instead of God. Now tell me, is Jesus Christ your saviour according to these verses?

"I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour" (Isaiah 43:10-11).

Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by buzugee(m): 7:02pm On Aug 04, 2012
jehovah wickedness.
Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by LordReed(m): 7:14pm On Aug 04, 2012
The existence of hell or not is not essential to your salvation.
Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by Jerry2i(m): 7:48pm On Aug 04, 2012
ijawkid:

Get that??

Jesus has no lord n god ova him,4 he said dat 'I n My Father r 1'
Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:34am On Aug 06, 2012
Where Ijawkid and friends to answer these questions?

Let me proceed to what 'am trying to get at. The question to be answered with the verses I quoted earlier is:

Is God the Saviour of the world?
Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by truthislight: 9:58am On Aug 07, 2012

i believe you are rational enough, Jesus said keep on asking.
So ask them questions, and the answers MUST come from the bible and not just someone using his head.

Every issues the bible raises also have the answer right there inside the bible not from human head.
Peace
Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by Ubenedictus(m): 11:00am On Aug 07, 2012

i will like to comment on the lazarus point, lazurus didnt have a story of heaven or hell because lazarus didnt go to heaven or hell, lazarus was a shoel, a place where d dead slept before the coming of christ. It is like a subconcious place, those in shoel were freed after the death of christ and the scriptures bear witness.

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by Ubenedictus(m): 11:08am On Aug 07, 2012
ijawkid:

Witnesses teach d truth about HELL and how d bible views it....

They are correct.....

I espouse there stance on there repudiating d false pagan hell fire dogma.......

And ofcus the logical question u heard is infact sometin to deliberate on....

When lazaruz was ressurected did he give any news or story of hellfire or heaven.??

Good question....

Unlike d many fraudulent stories we hear of persons who claim to had visited hellfire after going thru some trance.....

I'm not going to decide for u where to go or worship....

Most important thing is read ur bible.....the bible explains itself.....
this agruement is a strawman, a logical falacy called arguement from silience. Unless you can show that the scripture say 'lazarus had no story' then you are making an illogical arguement and the burden of proof rest on u to show that lazarus had no story. And even if lazarus didnt have a story it wouldnt even have an effect in this arguement.
Peace
Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by truthislight: 5:20pm On Aug 07, 2012
Ubenedictus: i will like to comment on the lazarus point, lazurus didnt have a story of heaven or hell because lazarus didnt go to heaven or hell, lazarus was a shoel, a place where d dead slept before the coming of christ. It is like a subconcious place, those in shoel were freed after the death of christ and the scriptures bear witness.
i thought you dont believe in the scriptures (bible) as the word of God?
or do you fall back to it only when it suite you?

Cant your tradition help you out?

So when human die they dont go to heaven again as you people say, ok i see, lazarus case is making you to think and it is the bible that can help you make sense.

Catholics with traditions!
Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by Ubenedictus(m): 7:38pm On Aug 07, 2012
truthislight:
i thought you dont believe in the scriptures (bible) as the word of God?
or do you fall back to it only when it suite you?

Cant you tradition help you out?

So when human die they dont go to heaven again as you people say, ok i see, lazarus case is making you to think and it is the bible that can help you make sense.

Catholics with traditions!
hey dear friend easy! I believe d bible is d word of God but donot believe that it necessaryly contain everything Jesus said. Jesus peached he didnt write, the apostles preached and wrote, i read their writtens as a unique transmission of d word of God and i also read from the early xtian to whom d faith was handed to thru word of mouth, i also consider it a transmission of d faith. I dont believe d believe is d sole authority, i believe that the word of God is d supreme authority and that word is transmitted thru scriptures and tradition. So my dear friend i study d bible i digest it, i pray with it, i mediate on it and i totally accept it, it is not the only way that God transmitted his word and even d bible bear witness to dis truth, the is why d bible tells xtians to 'hold fast to tradition', do u obey d bible in dis topic? Do u hold fast to tradition? Or do u throw it away and insult it and insult those who hold it? God is my witness that with my whole being i try to follow his word and answer his call everyday despite d fast that im misunderstood.
Peace dear friend.
Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by 53cur3m0d3(m): 9:12am On Oct 12, 2012
I try not to get confused in matters that are mysterious and require a high level of grace to understand.I luv their articles so much that I've got a stack of it in my bookshelf.Awake updates me bout science in relation to God while Watchtower demystifies the Bible teachings makin it easier to comprehend.I like them and welcom them at any given time much to the chagrin of my pals even on campus..dat said,weda a certain sect teaches the bible one way or the other shudn't cause stir-ups as is the case today.read ur bible,pray to God and keep his commandments.I guess that encompasses all
Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by plappville(f): 11:08am On Oct 12, 2012
Jerry2i: Jesus has no lord n god ova him,4 he said dat 'I n My Father r 1'

if this mean One person then why the i and my Father ? simple reasoning is needed dear!

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Through the Help of the Holy Spirit, Chritians are one In Christ. Christ and His Father are one in decision and works. when God decides, Christ carries it out.

Two person cannot be ONE.

Jesus have a God over Him.

Stop clinging to me; for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brethren (disciples), and say to them, 'I ascend to my Father and your Father, and my God and your God.' (John 20: 17).

The God of Jesus is our God according to the bible.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by plappville(f): 11:13am On Oct 12, 2012
@thread, keep praying over it, is only God that can direct you. No church seem to be practicing the perfect doctrine of Christ.
You can only depend on ur bible for the complete truth.
Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by truthislight: 12:54pm On Oct 12, 2012
plappville:

if this mean One person then why the i and my Father ? simple reasoning is needed dear!

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Through the Help of the Holy Spirit, Chritians are one In Christ. Christ and His Father are one in decision and works. when God decides, Christ carries it out.

Two person cannot be ONE.

Jesus have a God over Him.

Stop clinging to me; for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brethren (disciples), and say to them, 'I ascend to my Father and your Father, and my God and your God.' (John 20: 17).

The God of Jesus is our God according to the bible.

hahaha.
Lol.

She is getting too hot to handle.
Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by Jerry2i(m): 11:17pm On Oct 18, 2012
Ubenedictus: i will like to comment on the lazarus point, lazurus didnt have a story of heaven or hell because lazarus didnt go to heaven or hell, lazarus was a shoel, a place where d dead slept before the coming of christ. It is like a subconcious place, those in shoel were freed after the death of christ and the scriptures bear witness.
so on point.shoel or*LIMBO*
Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by ijawkid(m): 11:37pm On Oct 18, 2012
Ubenedictus: this agruement is a strawman, a logical falacy called arguement from silience. Unless you can show that the scripture say 'lazarus had no story' then you are making an illogical arguement and the burden of proof rest on u to show that lazarus had no story. And even if lazarus didnt have a story it wouldnt even have an effect in this arguement.
Peace

Now the point of the witnesses is that until ressurection occurs,nobodys soul roves about to heaven or a burning furnace.....

Even Jesus had to spend 3days in hell(sheol) b4 he was ressurected.....his soul as being taught by many today didn't run out to some place....he experienced ressurection........

That is what the bible teaches........

The bible teaches ressurection not immortality of the soul....

Jesus says in the end many will hear his voice and rise up......why not wait till that time rather than teach that mans soul is immortal.....that's why the questions surrouding lazarus's death and ressurection arises......

You see the point??

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by italo: 11:43am On Oct 19, 2012
plappville: No church seem to be practicing the perfect doctrine of Christ.

What does this mean? Does it mean that all "churches" are practising imperfect doctrine of Christ?

But Christ has no imperfect doctrine. Christ's doctrine is perfect. So if you are not following the perfect doctrine of Christ, then you are following the doctrine of man or of the devil.

So who is following Christ's perfect doctrine in this world, Plappville?

Please tell me.
Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by Ubenedictus(m): 8:33pm On Nov 05, 2012
ijawkid:

Now the point of the witnesses is that until ressurection occurs,nobodys soul roves about to heaven or a burning furnace.....

Even Jesus had to spend 3days in hell(sheol) b4 he was ressurected.....his soul as being taught by many today didn't run out to some place....he experienced ressurection........

That is what the bible teaches........

The bible teaches ressurection not immortality of the soul....

Jesus says in the end many will hear his voice and rise up......why not wait till that time rather than teach that mans soul is immortal.....that's why the questions surrouding lazarus's death and ressurection arises......

You see the point??
some funny stuff happened wen christ died, d so called dead rose with their bodies matt27vs 52. So wu is saying no one has risen b4 d general resurrection??
Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by Solozzo(m): 5:35am On May 30, 2013
Read about pastor Russell, founder of Organisation that gave rise to JW here;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastor_Russell
Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by Solozzo(m): 5:48am On May 30, 2013
italo:

What does this mean? Does it mean that all "churches" are practising imperfect doctrine of Christ?

But Christ has no imperfect doctrine. Christ's doctrine is perfect. So if you are not following the perfect doctrine of Christ, then you are following the doctrine of man or of the devil.

So who is following Christ's perfect doctrine in this world, Plappville?

Please tell me.
The doctrine of Christ being son of God, virgin birth, death, ascending into heaven are very alien to the Jews. These concepts were Greeco-roman myths woven into a religion of the Jews.
Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by Pygru: 7:02am On May 30, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

I hear you that you say that you accept Jesus as Lord or a Lord just as you have changed the fact that the Word was a god instead of God. Now tell me, is Jesus Christ your saviour according to these verses?

"I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour" (Isaiah 43:10-11).

Ijawkid, answer this question na
Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by Pygru: 7:06am On May 30, 2013
Viewing this topic: Pygru , ijawkid ( m
Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by ijawkid(m): 7:07am On May 30, 2013
Pygru:
Ijawkid, answer this question na

I have answered this question succintly and clearly on one of OLAs thread.......

It sEems you had not created this your camouflage I'd back then........cheesy.

I don't have to repeat myself.........

Or do you care for the answers too??.....

grin.......
Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by Pygru: 7:10am On May 30, 2013
ijawkid:

I have answered this question succintly and clearly on one of OLAs thread.......

It sEems you had not created this your camouflage I'd back then........cheesy.

I don't have to repeat myself.........

Or do you care for the answers too??.....

grin.......
No lie ooh
all liars = hell fire lipsrsealed
grin grin grin
Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by ijawkid(m): 7:18am On May 30, 2013
Pygru:
No lie ooh
all liars = hell fire lipsrsealed
grin grin grin

gringringrin.........

You no well o pygru.....grin......
Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by truthislight: 1:46pm On May 30, 2013
Ubenedictus: some funny stuff happened wen christ died, d so called dead rose with their bodies matt27vs 52. So wu is saying no one has risen b4 d general resurrection??

"And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the holy ones which slept arose," (Matthew 27:52).

What has that to do with going to heaven?

Are the holy ones not supposed to go to heaven again?
What are they still doing in the grave since you teach that all righteousness people go to heaven and the wicked go to hell?

So, what are those righteous ones still doing in the grave?

Inconsistencies!

Did Christ not say he will first go prepare a place first before coming back ?

Don't forget, Christ remained on earth for forty days before heading back to heaven.

*Edited*

(1) (2) (Reply)

Would Rap/ Hip-hop Music Take One To Hell? / Where Is Sonoflucifer? / Should Christian Women Wear Trouser ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.