Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,843 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

-_- - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / -_- (18575 Views)

for the ladies _"Where Do You Belong"? (Photo) / How Will The World Be Without Christmas?_(a Food For Thought). / After Rapture:¤:_¤portals Of The First Heaven Will Be Opened And Linked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: -_- by Royalprestidge(m): 3:01pm On Aug 05, 2012
Favour is deceitful beautiful is vain a woman fear the Lord she shall be praise:It is God that chose but he uses other people like pastors to confirm what he has shown to aby man or woman if you are sure and have confirmed it please tell the girl now because until you tell her your eyes may not be open to see the wright woman for you
Re: -_- by mkmyers45(m): 3:02pm On Aug 05, 2012
Imanuelle:

Dis kind story still dey??
e go ever dey cool
Re: -_- by Johnsinia(m): 3:03pm On Aug 05, 2012
@op, 2 ansa ur questn, theres absolutely nthin u can do. If God ve spoken; he ve spoken, dats y he is God. Moreover, he knws more dan we do and see where our eyes cant reach. He will always give us d best whether we like it or nt. Not all dat glitters is gold, he knws ds more dan we do hence, his 'NO' 2 d girl u claim u love.
Re: -_- by tai2(m): 3:04pm On Aug 05, 2012
2buff: There is this girl I've been friends with.
My heart skips every time I see her, and I see the way she looks at me too. There is definitely a pull, something seemingly more wholesome than just carnal attraction.
She is gorgeous and the flow between us is effortless. I can sense that there are expectations on her end, that I take the initiative as the man.

But being the guy I am, I consulted God first and made my intentions known. The word that came back was "No not her. Just wait, your wife is coming. She will come from a place you do not expect...". This was confirmed from another trusted unbiased sources. Twice now this has happened.

I've thus far been trained to the level where I do not officially START anything with any woman now until I have seeked God's counsel on the matter, but it is always one of the most painful things ever to have to pull back from initiating something that made a whole lot of sense....this girl makes a LOT of sense. But I'm not stupid...I won't go any further...but has anyone else met this "No"? How do you weather through? Do you tell the other person?

Atheists keep out please. Mature Christian counsel needed.

Was that God talking or something in the water you've been drinking? The word came back indeed.
Re: -_- by tai2(m): 3:06pm On Aug 05, 2012
God don get MTN number...na wa o.

1 Like

Re: -_- by Afodot0022(m): 3:08pm On Aug 05, 2012
well u should listen to the lord instruction. We human can only c d outside but the inside NO. Na die God pass us. I once had such issues. I met ds girl wen i was in school. We got 2know each otha better. When i pray 2 God concerning her , i do receive unclear revelation but understand that our being 2gether ws devine. D issue now is that i dont have feelings for her neither do i love her. Sometimes i do wonder if God can send u d mr or miss right without u loving d person. Is it possible?

Smooth.
Re: -_- by Agiliti(m): 3:09pm On Aug 05, 2012
Re: -_- by NerdyPoet(m): 3:11pm On Aug 05, 2012
My only question is, did God speak to you himself or you went to ask a pastor?
Let me tell you the truth, if God spoke to you himself and it has been working for you in time past and you are absolutely sure its God, then Obedience is better.
But if you decide to place your life, marriage and destiny into the hands of a pastor(that might not even be happy in his own marriage) , so be it. Their is a reason why God can speak to everyone and not 'your pastor' alone.
Didnt Chris Okotie hear from God before he went into all his marriages? Please note that I am not trying to undermine the anointing of God on him, but I am trying to show you how easy it is for the 'supposed men of God' to make mistakes(even in their marriages)
Lastly, have you come across anywhere in the bible where it was written ;'always seek the face of your pastors before marriage' ? I would like you to show me if you ever come across somewhere like that. Or havent we heard of pastors that dont ordain marriages if either party is not a member of their church, is that message also from God? Be a good christian bro, but do not be 'gullible' alongside, the bible commands that we should be smart.

Cheers! smiley

3 Likes

Re: -_- by chicsdbabe: 3:13pm On Aug 05, 2012
bros, if u really heard from God, take my advice stick to d LORD. u might think theres so much chemistry but i tell u it may not be so. look, God knows d end from d beginning . look up to God n every other thing will fall into place. obedience is better than sacrifice. if u need crisis u can do it ur own way but dont blame anyone but urself
Re: -_- by chreldb(m): 3:14pm On Aug 05, 2012
@op God did not create you as a goat, neither did he create you as a monkey nor a baboon he created you as a human being in his own image and likeness. on top of that he gave you a brain superior to all other creatures on earth for you to think, comprehend and make logical decisions. He also gave you a heart and a mind to follow but still when it comes to using them for the simplest of things you turn to him for him to help you use them. If you needed God to tell you who to marry, when to sleep, when to wake up, when to eat, when to ....................... Then I dont think God would have put a brain in your skull. I am not an aethist but I am also not a physically blind, deaf, dumb or brain dead believer in God. Think about it.
Re: -_- by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 05, 2012
People cant read sha. Nobody was asking whether to obey or not, but whether to tell the other person or not.

Of which i dont know why this made frontpage as i already decided what to do already.
Re: -_- by Patsey: 3:19pm On Aug 05, 2012
Here we go again: Nigerians and God Delusion grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Basing one's judgement on an unverifiable being/entity is truly the height of delusion. OP, Go for it if your heart, mind and head says she is right woman for you. I have seen countless of church-arranged marriages failed beyond any remedies and have always asked, 'where was God who revealed to those couples and Pastors that those individuals were meant for each other when their marriages started to collapse'?
Re: -_- by Chivivian125: 3:20pm On Aug 05, 2012
Each time i hear something like dis,i wonder how God spoke to them....in the bible,d people of israelite begged moses to chose among them a prophet who canbe relating God's words to them rather dan he himself cos his voice sounds like raging storm...pentecostals and their wahala....the bible set a standard for marriage...go tru ur bible if at all u are a christian as u claim to be....forget abt what u re not sure of...marriage is all abt compatibility...no one is perfect...as for me,i pray God to bless my union rather than looking for a perfect lot
Re: -_- by Aifey(m): 3:24pm On Aug 05, 2012
hrhobi1: @OP I AM 100% SURE THAT IF YOUR DAD OR MUM HAS ASKED YOUR god ABOUT BEEN COUPLES , YOU WOULDN'T BE ALIVE NOW. CAUSE YOUR gods WILL ALWAYS SAY NO. MUMU LIKE U . I AM A CHRISTIAN AND I LOVE MY GOD.

ALSO YOU MIGHT HAVE FALLEN HOOK LINE SINKER FOR YOUR FAKE PROPHET, UR ONLY TOO SHY TO LET US KNOW YOU GOT YOUR CONFIRMATION FROM UR PASTOR TO AVOID BASHING.

ANYWAY I WISH YOU GOODLUCK, EBELE LIFE AND DAME PROPERITY. HAPPY SUNDAY .
seconded. Is only in Africa u get 2hear this kind of rubish.ur pastor will deceiv u n maRry her 2moro. Nigerians n their poor thinkin. In UK, u don't tel some 1 tinks like "by gods grace I will c u 2moro" life is so practical. U manage evry r/ship n marrige is an example of 1. Google Rev. Okotie's marriage. I kn he must have counseled a lot of people.
Re: -_- by locdog(m): 3:29pm On Aug 05, 2012
My heart skips every time I see her, and I see the way she looks at me too. There is definitely a pull, something seemingly more wholesome than just carnal attraction.
She is gorgeous and the flow between us is effortless. I can sense that there are expectations on her end, that I take the initiative as the man.

But being the guy I am, I consulted God first and made my intentions known. The word that came back was "No not her. Just wait, your wife is coming. She will come from a place you do not expect...". This was confirmed from another trusted unbiased sources. Twice now this has happened.

I've thus far been trained to the level where I do not officially START anything with any woman now until I have seeked God's counsel on the matter, but it is always one of the most painful things ever to have to pull back from initiating something that made a whole lot of sense....this girl makes a LOT of sense. But I'm not stupid...I won't go any further...but has anyone else met thi
s "No"? How do you weather through? Do you tell the other person?

follow ur heart bro
Re: -_- by locdog(m): 3:29pm On Aug 05, 2012

I've thus far been trained to the level where I do not officially START anything with any woman now until I have seeked God's counsel on the matter, but it is always one of the most painful things ever to have to pull back from initiating something that made a whole lot of sense....this girl makes a LOT of sense. But I'm not stupid...I won't go any further...but has anyone else met thi
s "No"? How do you weather through? Do you tell the other person?

follow ur heart bro
Re: -_- by chreldb(m): 3:31pm On Aug 05, 2012
2buff: People cant read sha. Nobody was asking whether to obey or not, but whether to tell the other person or not.

Of which i dont know why this made frontpage as i already decided what to do already.

You are just a clown grin
Re: -_- by gbadexy(m): 3:31pm On Aug 05, 2012
How are you sure the voice you heard is God's voice.
Maybe its your subconscious mind that sees something unwanted in the girl or see her as a threat ( unconscious insecurity).
Re: -_- by mkpologwu(m): 3:33pm On Aug 05, 2012
Relationship is like a tree. The roots are few but firm, while the leaves are many but loose! Loose becos they like to show off, and easily carried away by the wind not minding a direction!!

Pls stop liking her, and start using her before the wind carries it/her off!!!

Oya ladies, start bashing ..! The best basher gets one long red-hot rod up the H.arse
Re: -_- by Idowuogbo(f): 3:37pm On Aug 05, 2012
2buff: People cant read sha. Nobody was asking whether to obey or not, but whether to tell the other person or not.

[b]Of which i dont know why this made frontpage as i already decided what to do already[/b]y.
Osewa wan use u collect bar dis sunday na! u b maga and u must pay.

Go on sohun! traffic jamz....
Re: -_- by SlyIg(f): 3:38pm On Aug 05, 2012
Caracta: wow! No be small thing o
The debate was for matured christians only. Stay out as i did if you got nothing reasonable to contribute. After all,must you comment?
Re: -_- by jenny2007(f): 3:39pm On Aug 05, 2012
@aifey, I respect your opinion but this is not the UK. The OP is in nigeria where religion is taking very seriously.
@OP, I'm a christian and I believe that God speaks to us through dreams, visions, our intuition, through others etc. However, I don't believe that you should ask God before actually dating anybody. Dating is a process, you gain experience about relationships through this. You said that you always ask God's permission before going into a relationship. Is this to save you a heartbreak or what? I think you that one should only seek God's opinion on a relationship if he/seek is thinking of settling down. That's a life-time commitment and you need God's view on that.
Re: -_- by tamart4jesus: 3:39pm On Aug 05, 2012
wait on God.cos he knws the best 4 his own children.
Re: -_- by Idowuogbo(f): 3:39pm On Aug 05, 2012
mkpologwu: Relationship is like a tree! The roots are few but firm, while the leaves are many but loose!! Loose becos they like to show off, and easily carried away by the wind not minding a direction!!!

Oya ladies, start bashing ..! The best basher gets one long red-hot rod up the H.arse

come again? undecided undecided
Re: -_- by Idowuogbo(f): 3:40pm On Aug 05, 2012
SlyIg:
The debate was for matured christians only. Stay out as i did if you got nothing reasonable to contribute. After all,must you comment?
Christians are normally nice, but ur own get as it b o! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: -_- by SlyIg(f): 3:41pm On Aug 05, 2012
gbadexy: How are you sure the voice you heard is God's voice.
Maybe its your subconscious mind that sees something unwanted in the girl or see her as a threat ( unconscious insecurity).
this thread was for matured christians and not for etheist like you. You must not always comment,Ok?
Re: -_- by safarigirl(f): 3:42pm On Aug 05, 2012
@OP, and those who God has 'spoken' to, maybe He's trying to tell you guys to serve Him. Instead of eyeing up gurls, why don't you apply at a seminary or school of theology?
Re: -_- by SlyIg(f): 3:43pm On Aug 05, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Christians are normally nice, but ur own get as it b o! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
there is a restriction in dis very thread,Ok? Learn to adhere to instruction for your own benefit. Thanks.
Re: -_- by Sike(m): 3:44pm On Aug 05, 2012
DIEEEEE!!! #Simple
Re: -_- by Mcleo007(m): 3:44pm On Aug 05, 2012
Born again tinz! cheesy cheesy
Re: -_- by mkmyers45(m): 3:44pm On Aug 05, 2012
safarigirl: @OP, and those who God has 'spoken' to, maybe He's trying to tell you guys to serve Him. Instead of eyeing up gurls, why don't you apply at a seminary or school of theology?
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Reveals How Boko Haram Killed 8,000 Members Of His Church / Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates His 57th Birthday Today / Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.