Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,851 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

-_- - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / -_- (18576 Views)

for the ladies _"Where Do You Belong"? (Photo) / How Will The World Be Without Christmas?_(a Food For Thought). / After Rapture:¤:_¤portals Of The First Heaven Will Be Opened And Linked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: -_- by RichEstate(m): 3:45pm On Aug 05, 2012
I'm facing similar problem. My belief is that anything I want God supports it. After 7yrs her pastor said one of us would die if we married each other. But i believe so strongly that we'll both live in wealth, with children, peace, long living, holy spirit. Didn't God speak with pastor okotie, daddy kumuyi? God will help my decision.
Re: -_- by mkpologwu(m): 3:48pm On Aug 05, 2012
Idowuogbo:

come again? undecided undecided

Yes ma! My pin remains d same!! Hope u won't speak Cambodian today
Re: -_- by AdeniyiA(m): 3:52pm On Aug 05, 2012
@gbadexy i dont tink u bliv in God.
@OP,many in d world 2day are regretin cos of uncontrolled emotional pulses dt dey xpres wiout knowin d eventual conseq of such actn.d issue is,not all dt startd wel end wel. many marrges enterd in2 wiout d creator imput/presence,av collapsed cos it was enterd in2 due to som lustful feelings as u describd it in ur openin stmt. i wud nt advc u to follow ur heart cos d heart most times deciv n go against God. u either accept God's lead or go ahead n find ursef in d ditch!...
Re: -_- by sirrinky: 3:54pm On Aug 05, 2012
I day come oh,guy are you sure you are sane? no pun intended just honest question. you asked god u said and he said no which you confirmed frm other sources what shd we do 4 u on nairaland? u want us to go and bribe god? or better still send thugs to threaten him to change his mind?Or make we tell u to follow ur heart? my guy go kiss pipe.mtchew
Re: -_- by mkpologwu(m): 3:54pm On Aug 05, 2012
mkpologwu: Relationship is like a tree. The roots are few but firm, while the leaves are many but loose! Loose becos they like to show off, and easily carried away by the wind not minding a direction!!

Pls stop liking her, and start using her before the wind carries it/her off!!!

Oya ladies, start bashing ..! The best basher gets one long red-hot rod up the H.arse

Ol' boy, stop liking d leaf! Start eating it now b4 d wind blows it away!

Word!
Re: -_- by Idowuogbo(f): 3:55pm On Aug 05, 2012
SlyIg:
there is a restriction in dis very thread,Ok? Learn to adhere to instruction for your own benefit. Thanks.
Pardon? wot restrictions? wot instructions? undecided undecided undecided
Re: -_- by Idowuogbo(f): 3:57pm On Aug 05, 2012
RichEstate: I'm facing similar problem. My belief is that anything I want God supports it.[b] After 7yrs her pastor said one of us would die if we married each other. [/b]But i believe so strongly that we'll both live in wealth, with children, peace, long living, holy spirit. Didn't God speak with pastor okotie, daddy kumuyi? God will help my decision.
Na pastor u go meet or babalawo? lipsrsealed
Re: -_- by Idowuogbo(f): 3:58pm On Aug 05, 2012
mkpologwu:

Yes ma! My pin remains d same!! Hope u won't speak Cambodian today
U say wetin?
Re: -_- by Yahoo1(m): 4:06pm On Aug 05, 2012
Some guys here are so childish,if you are really a born again,u shuld kn God speaks 2 us in a lot of ways! Havent experienced,so i wuldnt kn how,but there are lots of evidence in d Bible,sumtyms;pastors say God ministered 2 me,y not go ask him how God ministered 2 him! @Op maybe its ur hrt speaking not God, its hard,but it will be more hard when sumtyn happens in btw the relationship! So u kn what 2 do
Re: -_- by mkpologwu(m): 4:07pm On Aug 05, 2012
Idowuogbo:
U say wetin?

Sorry, I was dreaming aloud!
Re: -_- by LordReed(m): 4:11pm On Aug 05, 2012
9lifes: people seek the face of god to find wife and husband,chai..even what to eat..lol.

You guys should learn from Adam.Adam did not pray to god,infact there is no where in the bible u were asked to pray for a spouse.Just like eve,god brings people our way,it is left for you to identify the right people and welcome them into ur life.

What happened to god honoring our heart desires,establishing our expectations...this how my uncle ended up with his grand mother as a wife,and sacrificed his education abroad..god spoke to me,person no go hear something.

We should learn to take responsibility for what we want in life,and that is what god expects of us.
Proverb 18:22 He that finds a wife....get this into ur religious skulls,not he that asks god for one...have an expectation and go look for it.

Mathew 18:18:I tell you the truth, whatever you forbid on earth will be forbidden in heaven, and whatever you permit on earth will be permitted in heaven..god honors our decisions and desires,that is why he gave us a sound mind.

I have given u all that pertains to life and godliness..[/b]all..all,babies keep asking for everything.Religion has killed the glory of god in us..just look at this generation.Should we ignore god in our decision making?NO!

[b]Proverb 16:3 ...Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans..get a plan even for love..shine ur eyes

Wisdom is free,and it is everywhere,shine your eyes.All this god speaks to me is spoiling many things,the worst thing is,even morons hear the voice of god.

When you find someone you love,what else can be more wonderful than that,take responsibility for ur life for once,god is not father Christmas as ur pastors would want u to believe,but he is our caring father,and he has given us all it takes..even when we make mistakes,he is their to catch us.

Take responsibility for your life.

What is your point? You laugh at seeking the face of God for a wife/husband yet you say commit your ways unto the Lord. What is the difference?

2 Likes

Re: -_- by nkemmu(f): 4:15pm On Aug 05, 2012
@poster,my advise for you is to be carefull sha.was told same thing too doh i still regret leaving the guy cos his the best guy i ever dated but if you soo trust on that voice ,no wahala
Re: -_- by PGON(m): 4:21pm On Aug 05, 2012
How did it happen. I mean, the kind of loud speakers that was used. i need Detailed info.

Expecting your true story soon.

Thanks.

(Don't mind me: God talks to us from time to time but for one to post it to the public means he used a different medium like the one i mentioned above).

Mind me anyway
Re: -_- by newjerusalem(m): 4:36pm On Aug 05, 2012
If u re v.sure it is d voice of d holySpirit n nt ur emotion,y nt apply wisdom by limitin ur convrstns bt maintain ur casual frndshp.because there re varieties f ways in which d H.S leads.He leads via his wrd,tru ur spirit man n mght decide 2 ld tru bt bn saved,1 is expected 2 ve a personal relatnshp wt God.He sd,my sheep hear my voice n dey follow n d voice f a stranger dey wnt yield 2.U will hear a voice behind u sayin dis is d way 2 go.I also experienced sumtin similar a year ago,i gv myself sum certain standard dat i
wld lv my chick 2 have.I tnk Gd 4 his mercy dat came on my behalf.Dis 2 girls re
in my w. place n dey re v.beautiful n matured.These chicks ve won d heart f all my boss @ wrk dat dey wn't gv me brk n i also seems 2 ve made up mnd darin 2 face any obstacle against my wish.I ve a sound bckgrnd from d evangelical wch helped me a lot bt cnt still be compared 2 d personality f d h.Spirit i nw undrstood.I came from d platform 1dy n decided 2 rest in my apartmnt.Jst worshpd God n I prayed.I sw a trans n d h.Spirit tld me never 2 date any f d 2 dat they re wolves in sheep format.It ws an audible voice.It wz v.painful bt I tnk God.Later heard 1 f dem ve gvn brth n slps arnd.It always pay 2 obey his voice.
Re: -_- by redsun(m): 4:37pm On Aug 05, 2012
I feel sorry for woman that will finally peg with u out of desperation. She is gonno be bleeping with a zombie,afterall. Somebody that does not have a mind of his/her own cannot love.
Re: -_- by phadat(m): 4:48pm On Aug 05, 2012
There is a reason 4 God appointing moses to lead his people so if your pastor tells you something about a situation you ought to adhere to it to do otherwise will be at your own peril @op I think you should tell her of the situation and as a christian she should understand there nothing wrong in that and the moment you do that you ve laid a lot of things to rest my 2 cents
Re: -_- by freenature: 4:54pm On Aug 05, 2012
In as much you have made your cause known to God and he said NO, i will strictly advice that you do not try and go into that relationship because if you do you'll live to count your loss.. When i mean loss it doesn't actually mean you'll lose some1 precious to you but ,try and imagine how you'll feel if you are doing well before the relationship and after the ignition is on things start to dwindle down the drain instead of filling your jars... when talking on this issue i have been there and i know what its like and it took me almost a year to actually figure out that it was absolutely wrong from the beginning i should have listened and back off when i was being warned on time. This whole thing affected my life ,educationally,financially and spiritually to the point that things became so difficult....after series of talks and a big incident that happened between me and the said subject which if i say it people may think it as a simple thing but its not simple because it transcends beyond a physical thing, this thing can make a man or break for the rest of his life and thus i decided on the night of the incident that i will break the relationship and when i did things began to turn around for me and there were open doors of opportunities,goodness and expectations.... so i advice just trust in God for the best , God knows what you don't know about the lady and about the future. We men need to thing concerning the future and also the unborn offsprings and also ask yourself this question are you gonna marry a lady for LOVE and let your children to come suffer the consequences of loving her or you'd rather wait on God for the best and let the coming children have a life full of promises and blessings to come ............ Please note here in my context its just about dating some1 who i thought i could nuture something with which will grow into a lasting end and not planning to marry her yet how much more if i were to marry her then...........
Re: -_- by aderemi457(m): 5:05pm On Aug 05, 2012
@kitty kat
From ur post u are being told wht God is sayin, but u can seek for clarity from God urself. If the answer is d same, go with God though it may not be easy but He knows best. Prov 14: 12 there is a way which seemest right unto a man but .....
@OP From ur words God said NO who am i to comment when God has already spoken
Re: -_- by Dayotosin(m): 5:11pm On Aug 05, 2012
God has d bst answer to every question..........
Re: -_- by smiliz(f): 5:22pm On Aug 05, 2012
9lifes: people seek the face of god to find wife and husband,chai..even what to eat..lol.

You guys should learn from Adam.Adam did not pray to god,infact there is no where in the bible u were asked to pray for a spouse.Just like eve,god brings people our way,it is left for you to identify the right people and welcome them into ur life.

What happened to god honoring our heart desires,establishing our expectations...this how my uncle ended up with his grand mother as a wife,and sacrificed his education abroad..god spoke to me,person no go hear something.

We should learn to take responsibility for what we want in life,and that is what god expects of us.
Proverb 18:22 He that finds a wife....get this into ur religious skulls,not he that asks god for one...have an expectation and go look for it.

Mathew 18:18:I tell you the truth, whatever you forbid on earth will be forbidden in heaven, and whatever you permit on earth will be permitted in heaven..god honors our decisions and desires,that is why he gave us a sound mind.

I have given u all that pertains to life and godliness..[/b]all..all,babies keep asking for everything.Religion has killed the glory of god in us..just look at this generation.Should we ignore god in our decision making?NO!

[b]Proverb 16:3 ...Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans..get a plan even for love..shine ur eyes

Wisdom is free,and it is everywhere,shine your eyes.All this god speaks to me is spoiling many things,the worst thing is,even morons hear the voice of god.

When you find someone you love,what else can be more wonderful than that,take responsibility for ur life for once,god is not father Christmas as ur pastors would want u to believe,but he is our caring father,and he has given us all it takes..even when we make mistakes,he is their to catch us.

Take responsibility for your life.
So on point.God said this and that don spoil things finiSh.
Re: -_- by tai2(m): 5:23pm On Aug 05, 2012
Na wa o...at this rate God go soon get Nairaland profile come answer this fellow in person....delusional Nigerians.

This is how Akingbola stole Intercontinental money yet he was an RCCG elder abi na pastor. Was he listening to God too?

1 Like

Re: -_- by obowunmi(m): 5:26pm On Aug 05, 2012
Please I need help. I am going through this right now - there's a girl that I really liked but decided to fast and pray. In the middle of my fasting and praying session, the girl dumped me and got engaged to someone else.

I'm not sure whether or not to be happy or sad. Is that an answer to my prayers? or did I just waste too long? We didn't even meet up to two months and she already moved on. cry cry cry cry
Re: -_- by babyboy3(m): 5:26pm On Aug 05, 2012
You guys need to go and read the Book of Hosea!!!!!!!
Re: -_- by Redman44(m): 5:29pm On Aug 05, 2012
Hmn. I've been through this phase before. The lady said she had not heard from God concerning our future together. I did all I could to make her see that my love for her was genuine. This lady is still single today. 6 years down the line. I've moved on with my life and it is now that she wants to reconnect with me through Facebook. I was nothing to her before I left Nigeria for the UK. Was she really hearing from God back then shocked shocked shocked? Some Women and their Self-Centred behaviour. God gave us the brains to think and if you find someone that is honest, hardworking and focused, why waste time in asking God if he is the right one for you? Na wa O.

1 Like

Re: -_- by obowunmi(m): 5:33pm On Aug 05, 2012
baby-boy:
You guys need to go and read the Book of Hosea!!!!!!!

Why ? Please explain. I am really depressed over this girl.
Re: -_- by obowunmi(m): 5:34pm On Aug 05, 2012
Redman44: Hmn. I've been through this phase before. The lady said she had not heard from God concerning our future together. I did all I could to make her see that my love for her was genuine. This lady is still single today. 6 years down the line. I've moved on with my life and it is now that she wants to reconnect with me through Facebook. I was nothing to her before I left Nigeria for the UK. Was she really hearing from God back then shocked shocked shocked? Some Women and their Self-Centred behaviour. God gave us the brains to think and if you find someone that is honest, hardworking and focused, why waste time in asking God if he is the right one for you? Na wa O.

How long had you known her? and how long did she give you to "hear" from God? I don't plan to divorce and for me, its not about the now. Its about later....I really love her but sad to know that she has moved on.
Re: -_- by obowunmi(m): 5:36pm On Aug 05, 2012
We met in April. She visited me in last week in May. This crash in Nigeria happened and I got distracted a bit. I called her in June she didn't pick up, then she revealed to me in July that she already got engaged.

I am still in shock. cry cry cry
Re: -_- by babypipsy: 5:41pm On Aug 05, 2012
My dear,
If God has spoken, then the matter is not debatable no matter what you feel. I was once in your shoes; I followed this girl for almost 9 years but God was not in support. I lost time & resources but thank God for His mercies.

It does not matter whether the people believe God speaks or not; Please I beg you to follow God's instruction.

May your case not be like that of King Saul...Amen
Re: -_- by ocheejemb: 5:43pm On Aug 05, 2012
My honest question is how did God speak to you?

If it was via any other human being then that wasnt God but that person speaking to you.

You should pray to Him for direction, and he will give you a clarity of mind that comes from only Him.

1 Like

Re: -_- by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 05, 2012
Man wise up no be God talk to u. Ur intuition is telln u yes or no. What u need to tell God is that if he support forming a relationship with this girl let her gree for me and if not let her say no then u put ur trust in God u can't tlk to God mr man
Re: -_- by Caracta(f): 5:50pm On Aug 05, 2012
SlyIg:
The debate was for matured christians only. Stay out as i did if you got nothing reasonable to contribute. After all,must you comment?
Oga, wetin? You see me for your dream? Why don't you just go back to the first page of this thread and read my earlier comments?
Re: -_- by babyboy3(m): 5:51pm On Aug 05, 2012
obowunmi:

Why ? Please explain. I am really depressed over this girl.

Look we are all looking for perfection but its impossible, God mostly works with imperfection God ordered Hosea to marry a prostitute! Most times especially we Nigerians we look what something that's not missing the first place!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Reveals How Boko Haram Killed 8,000 Members Of His Church / Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates His 57th Birthday Today / Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.