Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,675 members, 7,837,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? (21169 Views)

Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? / White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? / Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by LordReed(m): 6:36pm On Aug 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
There is no such thing as early nor late marriages. There is no time frame when a person should marry and each marriage is tailor to the couple not the spectators.

Not everything in this world is relative and common sense should dictate a few basic things.
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Abimbola70(f): 7:16pm On Aug 04, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]Both
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 04, 2012
Abeg na 40yrs i go tek marry, because na dat tym marriage dey swt.
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by babyboi992(m): 9:57pm On Aug 04, 2012
dis is why i'll always like hausa peeps
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Bzoe(f): 9:58pm On Aug 04, 2012
I prefer early marriage
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by bravehost4u(m): 10:02pm On Aug 04, 2012
ebamma: early marriage or late marriage doesn't matter,what matters is love and understanding between the man and the woman
love died in the 80's .... The best is not too early and not late at all
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Bluekapon(m): 10:03pm On Aug 04, 2012
wynezz: its depends on d individual,ma gf is already pressuring me 4 marriage despite d fact that she is 22 and am 27 and we both doin youth service.i jst normal for female to be tinkin abt marriage afta nysc while guy tink abt gud job and money.
my bro are u sure she's 22? Girls hardly tell their real age...
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Morgan1092(m): 11:55pm On Aug 04, 2012
Agimor: This topic seem to be very vast as different folks hold diverse opinion about it and also have a lot to do with the individual male or female is said to have the right to take or make decisions that pertains to how he or she wants to live his or her life.some desire to marry early to build their lives together,while others want to meet up with life demands before getting another person involved in their life's affairs.whether you marry early or not,you both need all it takes to make the marriage workout.and this open the podium for my question which do you prefer nairalanders share your views.
For guys: rushing in2 marriage jst 4u 2 watch ur children grow isn't rite. But how good can u tek care of ur family? For me am 26 n not tinkin abt marriage even in d nxt 4yrs. Cos God's willing i wud like 2 mek it average or big 2 b able 2 tek gud care of my house hold b4 marriage, also marry a lady who wud support al round in d house n nt a house wife (mtchewww). So help me God.
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by 76Naira(m): 12:51am On Aug 05, 2012
If you plan to have kids, the earlier the better.
They need you strong and youthful as they grow. A mother at 28 to 33 is way better than at 40 unless you just couldn't help it.
A father at 29 to 33 is way better than 42.

My wife was 24.5 years old and I, 29 when we got married. We have had our planned 2 kids and my wife just turned 30.

If you generally don't have your priorities right, adding age would not necessarily help.

If you have to marry late, stay fit enough to manage tantrums and sleepless nights for they are as sure as time!
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by F00028: 7:00am On Aug 05, 2012
my uncle married his first wife in her early teens. by the time she was thirty she had given birth to her last child.

in her forties now, her daughters look like her sisters and she looks ten years younger than most people her age.

the earlier the better!
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by bonetalk(m): 8:27am On Aug 05, 2012
Age doesn't matter at all, As for me, i wont get married not until i get my desired job, coz i dont want to build a poor/wretched family and that's why i'm putting it into my prayer right now for God to remove anything that could cause delay towards my prosperity in life.
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by cecegirl: 2:00pm On Aug 05, 2012
76Naira: If you plan to have kids, the earlier the better.
They need you strong and youthful as they grow. A mother at 28 to 33 is way better than at 40 unless you just couldn't help it.
A father at 29 to 33 is way better than 42.

My wife was 24.5 years old and I, 29 when we got married. We have had our planned 2 kids and my wife just turned 30.

If you generally don't have your priorities right, adding age would not necessarily help.

If you have to marry late, stay fit enough to manage tantrums and sleepless nights for they are as sure as time!

Good for you guys!! So how about some of us thats haven't met the right person. What should we do. Kill ourself.
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by obowunmi(m): 2:15pm On Aug 05, 2012
F00028: my uncle married his first wife in her early teens. by the time she was thirty she had given birth to her last child.

in her forties now, her daughters look like her sisters and she looks ten years younger than most people her age.

the earlier the better!

When did he marry the second wife?
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 05, 2012
F00028: my uncle married his first wife in her early teens. by the time she was thirty she had given birth to her last child.

the earlier the better!

obowunmi:

When did he marry the second wife?

LMFAO
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Truckpusher(m): 2:36am On Aug 06, 2012
i got married at the age of 25 and my wifey was 20 and we bleep each on bed like say tomorrow no dey and am lovin it... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Koladechris(m): 8:02am On Aug 06, 2012
Early marriage is not encouraging. I can remember my brother that married early, he's stil regretin it till now.
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by talk2me006(m): 8:31am On Aug 06, 2012
M M M: None angry
Hypocrite! d answers shld be early or late.
let know d side u belong. dont stay on d fence
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by talk2me006(m): 8:38am On Aug 06, 2012
chucky234: Early marriage is no doubt the best as they will afford you enough time to support your children and watch them grow into the adult you want them to be.
I got married at 32 and was just too late for me but I only realised how late it was when I saw my younger sister's daughter who is 13 this year while my first child is just 3 years age,few years from now my younger sister will probably be nursing her first grandchild while my daughter is still in primary school.
I sincerely advice people to marry early if you are able to find that special one early enough,don't think twice oooo
Thanks bros. a great comment!
i believe people wil learn from this
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by talk2me006(m): 8:39am On Aug 06, 2012
chucky234: Early marriage is no doubt the best as they will afford you enough time to support your children and watch them grow into the adult you want them to be.
I got married at 32 and was just too late for me but I only realised how late it was when I saw my younger sister's daughter who is 13 this year while my first child is just 3 years age,few years from now my younger sister will probably be nursing her first grandchild while my daughter is still in primary school.
I sincerely advice people to marry early if you are able to find that special one early enough,don't think twice oooo
Thanks bros. a great comment!
i believe people wil learn from this.
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by nanaman(m): 2:34pm On Aug 09, 2012
Lateness no dey for marriage,early or late God's time is the best..If you marry early and u no get early pinkin nko?? abi no be pinkin we all dey find for marriage before happiness..mcheew..ONPE
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by belemzy: 7:47pm On Aug 09, 2012
Early or not what matters most is how good the marriage is. you marry early and get divorced in less than 12months, or u marry late get divored in less than 3months ? To me it doesn't really count. what matters is how compactable they are.
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Chubhie: 8:34pm On Aug 09, 2012
~Kaylee~:
^ Your view is very Non-Nigerian (western).

@OP, Definitely early marriage (girl should be between 22-25, the guy should be between 27-32).
All things being equal, it gives the couple ample time to be with/enjoy their children. You don't wanna be old and senile when you give birth to your first child. etc.

Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by infogenius(m): 2:37am On Aug 11, 2012
nanaman: Lateness no dey for marriage,early or late God's time is the best..If you marry early and u no get early pinkin nko?? abi no be pinkin we all dey find for marriage before happiness..mcheew..ONPE

My guy if na pickin one make go marry, then you are really missing.

In my own honest opinion,early marriage is better as you sort out married life early,raise your children in your prime and have enough time to work and plan ahead.

It is no fun at all that one is 65yrs still paying school fees for his first born that is 19 yrs and some other 3 smaller ones in secondary and primary.If the man is still struggling and waiting for pension na handout money go kill am.
It will take God for that kind of person to live and continue his romance with his wife from were they stopped before children came along.
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 2:35am On Nov 07, 2012
black_beau: I think the age you marry should depend on your level of maturity
Seconded
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 07, 2012
late marriage. when i know everything is settled
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by tpia1: 6:57pm On Nov 08, 2012
more people are marrying late nowadays, but folks should also be on guard against waiting for too long.

the men especially- at least the women quickly tire of sowing wild oats after a while, but their male counterparts take much longer to get to this stage.
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Monveronique: 8:37pm On May 23, 2020
chucky234:
Early marriage is no doubt the best as they will afford you enough time to support your children and watch them grow into the adult you want them to be.

Don't you think you're killing your self with comparison. Life is not a race o. What if you live longer than your sister?
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by larrypourl(m): 8:46am On May 25, 2020
Do it at your own pace. Mine was 30 thou.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce / Why Do We Justify The Actions Of Philandering Men? / Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.