Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Boko Haram Leader Criticises Obama - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Leader Criticises Obama (2472 Views)

APC Activist Omojuwa Criticises Buhari Government. / Boko Haram Leader Shekau Dismisses Nigerian Military Claims / Boko-Haram Leader Abubakar Shekau Killed By JTF In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Leader Criticises Obama by Beaf: 1:05am On Aug 05, 2012
[size=14pt]Nigeria sect leader criticises Obama over terrorist label[/size]
Published on 4 August 2012 - 11:38pm

The suspected leader of Nigerian Islamist group Boko Haram criticised US President Barack Obama in an online video on Saturday over Washington's recent decision to label him a "global terrorist".

"You said I'm a global terrorist, then you are a terrorist in the next world," Abubakar Shekau said in the Hausa language in the video posted on YouTube while speaking of Obama.

The clip could not be independently verified as authentic, but it was similar to previous videos of Shekau.

Earlier in the video, Shekau says, "I call on you (Nigerian President Goodluck) Jonathan, you should abandon this ungodly power, you should repent and forsake Christianity, including Obama, who said I have business interests in the United States."

Speaking in a sarcastic tone, an AK-47 leaning against the wall next to him, he also says, "I know the United States exists, but I don't know which part of the world it is located in, whether in the west or the north, the south or the east.

"I don't know where it is, not to talk of freezing my assets there."

His comments were a reference to the "terrorist" designation given to him and two other Nigerians in June which allows US authorities to seize their assets in the United States.

In June, the US State Department announced the designations for Shekau as well as Abubakar Adam Kambar and Khalid al-Barnawi. Kambar and Barnawi were said to be linked to Boko Haram and Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, Al-Qaeda's north African branch.

Boko Haram has carried out scores of attacks in Nigeria that have left hundreds dead as part of an increasingly deadly insurgency.

http://www.rnw.nl/africa/bulletin/nigeria-sect-leader-criticises-obama-over-terrorist-label-0

[img]http://www.rnw.nl/data/files/imagecache/favolist-3/images/lead/2012/08/photo_1344122757544-1-0.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Leader Criticises Obama by Nobody: 2:31am On Aug 05, 2012
He who the gods want to kill, they make mad first.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Leader Criticises Obama by Afam4eva(m): 2:39am On Aug 05, 2012
Attention seeking terrorist bottom.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Leader Criticises Obama by sheyguy: 3:22am On Aug 05, 2012
Boko haram criticizing Obama is secondary, what bothers Nigerians most is the threat to their security this deadly group has established under a seamingly weak government, all thanks to another even deadlier group of political terrorist 'attached' to our weak number one man.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Leader Criticises Obama by Acidosis(m): 4:08am On Aug 05, 2012
obama is too busy to notice boko not too talk of haram. attention beggars!
Re: Boko Haram Leader Criticises Obama by naijaking1: 4:15am On Aug 05, 2012
pDude: He who the gods want to kill, they make mad first.

How nice will it be to have the navy seals do an Osama bin laden on this guy!
Re: Boko Haram Leader Criticises Obama by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 05, 2012

Earlier in the video, Shekau says, "I call on you (Nigerian President Goodluck) Jonathan, you should abandon this ungodly power, you should repent and forsake Christianity, including Obama, who said I have business interests in the United States."

i don't blame you for calling the president's name like he is your houseboy - if only he is half as mean as i am, with all the powers under his command, you would av been hanging dead by your balls in some remote northern desert with vultures feeding on your rotten corps and the video on youtube for people to see and learn lessons from it! angry angry

Its only in GEJ's administration that i have seen a sitting president with all the powers in his command tolerate idiots like shekau and his sponsors [who are obviously PDP members] making a fool of his administration - i will give all the security apparatus 2 weeks to fish him, his sponsors [no matter their position in my administration!] and their entire families and friends out or else heads will seriously roll!

violence has only one solution - which is equal violence [check the kaduna solution] - its time GEJ understands that!

this video insults GEJ manhood and he shouldn't take it calm like he always does!
Re: Boko Haram Leader Criticises Obama by Beaf: 1:10pm On Aug 05, 2012
IMHO, Shakau's temerity to insult Obama only proves that he is not in Nigeria, but living in an Islamist stronghold like Yemen or the wastelands of Pakistan where they have government support. Maybe even Iran.
Re: Boko Haram Leader Criticises Obama by mkmyers45(m): 3:16pm On Aug 05, 2012
Beaf: IMHO, Shakau's temerity to insult Obama only proves that he is not in Nigeria, but living in an Islamist stronghold like Yemen or the wastelands of Pakistan where they have government support. Maybe even Iran.
Haba Beaf..the nigga's in the country
Re: Boko Haram Leader Criticises Obama by ayobase(m): 6:16pm On Aug 05, 2012
Ikoja aye!
This one na suicide mission!
Re: Boko Haram Leader Criticises Obama by alaoeri: 6:30pm On Aug 05, 2012
mkmyers45: Haba Beaf..the nigga's in the country
Am sure the nigga isn't in nigeria despite our loose security system if the guy is in 9ja he would have being nailed.
Re: Boko Haram Leader Criticises Obama by Beaf: 2:14am On Aug 10, 2012
alaoeri:
Am sure the nigga isn't in nigeria despite our loose security system if the guy is in 9ja he would have being nailed.

Word. cool
Re: Boko Haram Leader Criticises Obama by Nobody: 3:15am On Aug 10, 2012
Beaf: IMHO, Shakau's temerity to insult Obama only proves that he is not in Nigeria, but living in an Islamist stronghold like Yemen or the wastelands of Pakistan where they have government support. Maybe even Iran.

Since you seem to know so much about these guys and their precise locations, to me, you are the number one suspect and as such If an investigation was to be carried out youd be the first person we'd be looking at.

Who knows, you might even be the one masquerading as the terrorist. Afterall, youre faceless just as the man in the article.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Leader Criticises Obama by Biggyd2: 5:38am On Aug 10, 2012
Please this coward should give more of such speeches.

Speaking in a sarcastic tone, an AK-47 leaning against the wall next to him, he also says, "I know the United States exists, but I don't know which part of the world it is located in, whether in the west or the north, the south or the east.

I like the bolded. My only wish is that his silly brain will finally locate where America is and try to do as much as throw one of his bombs in their country. Let's see after that if the US will not smoke you and your cohorts out of your caves, blow you all up into so many pieces that even the vultures won't find them. Then our own government will learn one or two things about how to protect its citizenry!
Re: Boko Haram Leader Criticises Obama by Nobody: 6:01am On Aug 10, 2012
Biggyd2: Please this coward should give more of such speeches.

I like the bolded. My only wish that his silly brain will finally locate where America is and try to do as much as throw one of his bombs in their country. Let's see after that if the US will not smoke you and your cohorts out of your coven, blow you all up into so many pieces that even the vultures won't find them. Then our own government will learn one or two things about how to protect its citizenry!

Right, so, bottom-line you're advocating that someone attacks The United States of America?

People have been ashed for fathoming even less asinine thoughts, talk less of voicing them out. If not that I realize from your writing that you're clearly not ok upstairs, I would've forwarded this post of yours to the security attaché at the U.S Embassy in Nigeria so they could track you down you and haul you in for questioning. But, I guess that'll be a waste of time. So...
Re: Boko Haram Leader Criticises Obama by Biggyd2: 6:08am On Aug 10, 2012
kingoflag:

Right, so, bottom-line you're advocating that someone attacks The United States of America?

[b]People have been ashed for fathoming even less asinine thoughts, talk less of voicing them out. [/b]If not that I realize from your writing that you're clearly not ok upstairs, I would've forwarded this post of yours to the security attaché in the U.S Embassy in Nigeria so they could trace you and haul you in for questioning. But, I guess that'll be a waste of time. So...

Yes, I dare him to do the bolded and see what happens thereafter. Essentially THEY WILL NOT TRY WHAT THEY ARE DOING HERE IF THEY GO TO THE US!! A responsible government should do what the US does when it comes to the protection of its citizen, which is not obtainable in this country.

I am not sure if you understand my post so I don't have any response to the other part of yours. I don't trade insults. Lovely day!
Re: Boko Haram Leader Criticises Obama by Super1759: 6:53am On Aug 10, 2012
When dog wan die en nogo sabi the smaell of shyt. So na obama be his problem now

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Leader Criticises Obama by naptu2: 6:54am On Aug 10, 2012

This is why I want Ecomog reactivated and involved in the hunt for Boko Haram members. From what I hear, he slips into the country from Niger Republic and slips out again. I heard the SSS almost got him earlier this year, but he had slipped across the border again by the time they got to where he was previously hiding.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Leader Criticises Obama by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 10, 2012
Biggyd2:

Yes, I dare him to do the bolded and see what happens thereafter. Essentially THEY WILL NOT TRY WHAT THEY ARE DOING HERE IF THEY GO TO THE US!! A responsible government should do what the US does when it comes to the protection of its citizen, which is not obtainable in this country.

I am not sure if you understand my post so I don't have any response to the other part of yours. I don't trade insults. Lovely day!

So, let me get this straight:

You want our own citizens to get killed so that we can come help you stop your own citizens from getting killed?! :/

Whoever did this thing to you, na God go judge am. .....
Re: Boko Haram Leader Criticises Obama by Beaf: 8:12pm On Aug 10, 2012
naptu2:

This is why I want Ecomog reactivated and involved in the hunt for Boko Haram members. From what I hear, he slips into the country from Niger Republic and slips out again. I heard the SSS almost got him earlier this year, but he had slipped across the border again by the time they got to where he was previously hiding.

Interesting stuff, so my conjecture might not be far off.
I quite agree with your ECOMOG idea, however it would have to be a brand new body, with brand new military treaties, because Niger is not a West African country (like Chad, Burkina Faso and cameroon).
What would be better would be for Nigeria to greatly modernise our military so that we can project dramatic levels of force across West, Central and Northern Africa. Our virtual borders should really be Egypt, Tunisia, Kenya, Uganda etc.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Leader Criticises Obama by Biggyd2: 9:41pm On Aug 10, 2012
kingoflag:

So, let me get this straight:

You want our own citizens to get killed so that we can come help you stop your own citizens from getting killed?! :/

Whoever did this thing to you, na God go judge am. .....

You may continue dear. I have my opinion, put down yours and move to another topic or hold your peace. I will not join issues with you, thanks.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rauf Aregbesola’s Opon Imo Project Exposed! / Why Yorubas Should REJECT Buhari In 2015 / Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.