Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,462 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking (35717 Views)

Let Me Ask Again; Is Being “Good Looking” Now A Curse? / The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. / The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by ArQueBusieR(m): 4:24pm On Aug 05, 2012
Seeing as people tend to prescind from the downside of being good-looking, I'll make an effort to enumerate or accentuate some ubiquitous disadvantages:

-People expect you to be less talented. Especially in academics.

-You're perceived - by myopic people - as a player.

-You're surrounded by fake people.

-You can't stay covert for long periods, as you're easily recognizable.

-When you give people an inch, they try to take a yard.

-You may cause someone's death or embarrassment. Just ask me how. grin

-You somehow find yourself in the cross-hair of psychos.

-Your self-esteem soars to unhealthy levels.

Add more disadvantages, please.

5 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by pendo89(f): 4:59pm On Aug 05, 2012
No I will add advantages
1. Receive compliments every so often
2. Nobody ignores you when you say Hi
3. You are given a moment to express urself
4. There's a confidence that comes with being beautiful
5. It's easy to talk to anybody regardless of position. Beauty opens the door and knowledge keeps you there
6. It's easy to talk to little kids.I find kids get attracted to beautiful faces.They fear scary ones
7. You get served very fast anywhere you go.Forget the motives.
8. Your challenge is how to sift guys not how to woe them

Having said that,beauty lies in the beholder's eyes. My standard of beauty may not necessarily be yours.

30 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by amyg(f): 5:14pm On Aug 05, 2012
pendo89: No I will add advantages
5. It's easy to talk to anybody regardless of position. Beauty opens the door and knowledge keeps you there
6. It's easy to talk to little kids.I find kids get attracted to beautiful faces.They fear scary ones

Having said that,beauty lies in the beholder's eyes. My standard of beauty may not necessarily be yours.

me like pendo89

1 Like

Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by ArQueBusieR(m): 6:24pm On Aug 05, 2012
pendo89: No I will add advantages

Classic Pendo. She just had to turn the thread on it's head. grin
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by sisieko2001: 6:30pm On Aug 05, 2012
of course there's a downside to being good looking . men want to get between your thongs tongue
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by ArQueBusieR(m): 6:35pm On Aug 05, 2012
sisieko2001: of course there's a downside to being good looking . men want to get between your thongs tongue
lol. . .That's subjective, though: tell it to a sexmonger.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Emmy9ite(m): 6:53pm On Aug 05, 2012
1. Girls fight for me too much

2. They think i am a cheat,cos i look like Ronaldo.

3. Guys think i am a gay.

4. The attention i get is too much,even on nairaland,thz girls keep flocking! cheesy

5 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by onila(f): 7:05pm On Aug 05, 2012
from a beautiful girls perspective smiley

your girlfriends will be hating on you

victim of bullying-other ladies saying mean things to you

everyone one wants 2 know whats going on in your life-who u are dating etc, it sucks undecided

thugs hitting on you

low self esteem sometimes-you think beauty is only thing you can offer and yr other flaws will overshadpw your beauty

I think there are more disadvantages then advantages embarassed

2 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by pendo89(f): 7:48pm On Aug 05, 2012
onila:

The only reason why beauty could work to ur disadvantage is if you allow it to replace your brains.
When you start seeing the world through ur beauty,ul realise that it doesn't work because there is always a more beautiful person than you.
The effects don't last long.
But personality is a treasure that helps you conquer the world

15 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by ArQueBusieR(m): 7:59pm On Aug 05, 2012
onila: from a beautiful girls perspective smiley

your girlfriends will be hating on you

victim of bullying-other ladies saying mean things to you

everyone one wants 2 know whats going on in your life-who u are dating etc, it sucks undecided

thugs hitting on you

low self esteem sometimes-you think beauty is only thing you can offer and yr other flaws will overshadpw your beauty

Hmm. . .cool. But would you rather be ugly?

1 Like

Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by onila(f): 8:06pm On Aug 05, 2012
pendo89:

The only reason why beauty could work to ur disadvantage is if you allow it to replace your brains.
When you start seeing the world through ur beauty,ul realise that it doesn't work because there is always a more beautiful person than you.

Life can be also challening for goodlooking people
saying life is easier or pple tend 2 treat goodlooking pple better is just wrong
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by ArQueBusieR(m): 8:08pm On Aug 05, 2012
pendo89:

Somewhat true. Somewhat.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by onila(f): 8:12pm On Aug 05, 2012
ArQueBusieR:
Hmm. . .cool. But would you rather be ugly?

i have 2 accept the way my life iz.

I try as much as possible to stay around positive people, family or pple who really love me. smiley

when I was less attractive back in high school{i was skinny and frail) I had more girlfriends compared 2 now

now I just have few friends, its hard but I have to try embarassed

1 Like

Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by pendo89(f): 8:46pm On Aug 05, 2012
onila:

I try as much as possible to stay around positive people, family or pple who really love me. smiley

when I was less attractive back in high school{i was skinny and frail) I had more girlfriends compared 2 now

Onila,

a beautiful heart + a beautiful look = More friends.

Are you saying that you have less friends cz you are beautiful? I don't want to believe that.

You cannot run away from negative people.It's just impossible except you have ur own small custom made world.
A time will come when your family will not be near you.So you need to learn how to deal with negativity,positively without allowing it to wear you down.
Many beautiful people have few friends cz of ego issues.Feeling high and tripping on everybody's toes.Now that type I run away from very fast.

onila:

Life can be also challening for goodlooking people
saying life is easier or pple tend 2 treat goodlooking pple better is just wrong

This is what my dear.
Life doesn't care about one's looks.It gives you back what you throw at it, in double measure.
It doesnt treat good/badlooking people well either.It takes what the people give it,refine it and give them back.
That's how I view life.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by ArQueBusieR(m): 8:51pm On Aug 05, 2012
onila:

Try?! Like survive?!! Girl you gotta thrive, and not just survive!!! And you sound like a 'lastborn'. grin
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by DerMeister: 9:05pm On Aug 05, 2012
It doesn't matter, having brains is what matters!
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by onila(f): 9:23pm On Aug 05, 2012
pendo89:

Onila,

a beautiful heart + a beautiful look = More friends.

Are you saying that you have less friends cz you are beautiful? I don't want to believe that.

You cannot run away from negative people.It's just impossible except you have ur own small custom made world.
A time will come when your family will not be near you.So you need to learn how to deal with negativity,positively without allowing it to wear you down.
Many beautiful people have few friends cz of ego issues.Feeling high and tripping on everybody's toes.Now that type I run away from very fast.

I have a beautiful and good heart yet girls will still be bit;ches and mean 2 a pretty girl undecided
girls dont appreciate anything
why do u think some pretty girls are so stuck up even though pple criticize for being snobby
when they were nice pple BIT;CHES were still hating on them so whats the point of being nice

I used to try and tolerate negative pple ard me before but I cant anymore
once your mean 2 me I CUT YOU OFF FROM MY LIFE!

life is hard for everyone regardless of being ugly or pretty. .if life is easier for an ugly person=thats your blessing the same for pretty pple
when yr ugly= u think life sucks sometimes
when yr pretty= u think life is cruel sometimesetc

ppls think being pretty your life is great=for some pretty pple not all
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by onila(f): 9:25pm On Aug 05, 2012
ArQueBusieR:
Try?! Like survive?!! Girl you gotta thrive, and not just survive!!! And you sound like a 'lastborn'. grin

actually second born wink
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by ArQueBusieR(m): 9:27pm On Aug 05, 2012
onila:

actually second born wink
embarassed
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 05, 2012
Only DUMB,SHALLOW and UGLY peeps would think that way!.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Tolaaaaannni(f): 9:44pm On Aug 05, 2012
^^^ grin grin grin grin same thing i was thinking. If you are really good-looking, you wouldn't call yourself that. Outsiders would be the ones to call you good-looking.

4 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 05, 2012
Tolaaaaannni: ^^^ grin grin grin grin same thing i was thinking. If you are really good-looking, you wouldn't call yourself that. Outsiders would be the ones to call you good-looking.

Are you for real?
So after a million 'outsiders' have termed me good-looking! I am not free to call myself ' a fine boy'

3 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by pedestal82(m): 11:01pm On Aug 05, 2012
I agree there is a downside to being good looking. Back in
Pharmacy skool, a female course mate, men this babe was beautiful,
Front and back in the right proportion, coupld with a very beautiful face.
During night jacking in year one I pity her, U see guys queeing
Up to chat her up. One sitting in the nxt seat waiting for the other
Guy to stand up. Men that was when I knew she could not survive,
Pharmacy skool! True to my word she was sent packing! Definitly, not
All rosy for the Beauties!
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by onila(f): 11:05pm On Aug 05, 2012
pedestal82: I agree there is a downside to being good looking. Back in
Pharmacy skool, a female course mate, men this babe was beautiful,
Front and back in the right proportion, coupld with a very beautiful face.
During night jacking in year one I pity her, U see guys queeing
Up to chat her up. One sitting in the nxt seat waiting for the other
Guy to stand up. Men that was when I knew she could not survive,
Pharmacy skool! True to my word she was sent packing! Definitly, not
All rosy for the Beauties!

she got kicked out of school shocked shocked
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by ArQueBusieR(m): 11:55pm On Aug 05, 2012
Tolaaaaannni: ^^^ grin grin grin grin same thing i was thinking. If you are really good-looking, you wouldn't call yourself that. Outsiders would be the ones to call you good-looking.
You thought wrong.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by ArQueBusieR(m): 11:56pm On Aug 05, 2012
doyindav:

Are you for real?
So after a million 'outsiders' have termed me good-looking! I am not free to call myself ' a fine boy'
She's just a confused little girl.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Dimples316(f): 12:54am On Aug 06, 2012
Onila.

No offence meant (am being honest about not meaning any offence) but I think the real problem is that you've allowed your beauty get into your head and it is causing you some serious issues in the friends department. I don't think you have less female friends now because of your good looks, I think its due to an attitude you may have developed because of the looks.

I say this cos I often read threads/posts you author and girl you really do come across as vain, self conceited and almost condescending about your beauty. Thats me giving my opinion of your online personality I don't know what your real personality is like off line, I can only imagine. But I can tell you though that the online personality leaves a lot to be desired. There was a particular thread where you were so classless throwing insults left, right and center I quickly lost all interest in that thread.

I hope you don't feel under attack am trying to be honest about what I think of you in the hopes that you will assess yourself and see what you may be doing wrong. My impression of you may be totally wrong and untrue, but If I see you this way without even knowing you, think of what your friends who have become shitty may see in you beyond the good looks.

4 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by onila(f): 1:10am On Aug 06, 2012
Dimples 316: Onila.

No offence meant (am being honest about not meaning any offence) but I think the real problem is that you've allowed your beauty get into your head and it is causing you some serious issues in the friends department. I don't think you have less female friends now because of your good looks, I think its due to an attitude you may have developed because of the looks.

I say this cos I often read threads/posts you author and girl you really do come across as vain, self conceited and almost condescending about your beauty. Thats me giving my opinion of your online personality I don't know what your real personality is like off line, I can only imagine. But I can tell you though that the online personality leaves a lot to be desired. There was a particular thread where you were so classless throwing insults left, right and center I quickly lost all interest in that thread.

I hope you don't feel under attack am trying to be honest about what I think of you in the hopes that you will assess yourself and see what you may be doing wrong. My impression of you may be totally wrong and untrue, but If I see you this way without even knowing you, think of what your friends who have become shitty may see in you beyond the good looks.

Like I said when I was less attractive I had more nice and loyal friends

I have tasted the both sides of the world of what being Ugly and beautiful iz. I am glad I got 2 experience the two sides

when I added weight in the right areas and become more attractive. my atitude I used to have before wasnt the best for me anymore

I saw girls hating on me, trying to pull me down anytime. I cldnt play ard them anymore as I did
I had to cut down some friends and now i GUESS i have only three friends undecided in my whole life

1 Like

Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Dimples316(f): 1:28am On Aug 06, 2012
Ok I hear you, and am glad to see you didn't take this the wrong way. I was almost afraid your come back/response would be really harsh & insultive.

I don't think or believe that you were once ugly and then turned beautiful. You probably have always been beautiful but didn't realise it for yourself till now. You know; that ugly duckling turns into a swan story is just a fairy tale. But am not in your shoe so I can't say.

Listen everyone has a good & bad side to them, and we have to be willing to accept both sides of people. Easier said than done, I know but we can try. Well I would like to know this fine chic with few friends in the hopes that we can build a sincere friendship if you have no objections. Pls this is not a lesbian thing ooo, am really into guys cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Tolaaaaannni(f): 2:56am On Aug 06, 2012
doyindav:

Are you for real?
You know what they say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, what might be goodlooking to someone might be ugly to another. It is more safe not to get gassed about your looks because you don't know what others might think about it. One person might call you "Fine boy" but to another you are just repulsive to look at. undecided
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by Tolaaaaannni(f): 3:07am On Aug 06, 2012
ArQueBusieR:
You thought wrong.
Can you please back your claims??
Re: The Disadvantages Of Being Good-Looking by tpia5: 4:31am On Aug 06, 2012
onila are you in nollywood?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wedding Photos Of Couple Who Met At A Motor Park 7 Years Ago / Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? / Do Guys Ever Regret Hurting The nice Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.