Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,673 members, 7,837,480 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance (14365 Views)

Jonathan, Reason We Can't Give School Kids Free Meal Or Pay N5,000 Monthly- APC / Reception Given To Aregbesola From His Hometown Residents. / A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Kobojunkie: 6:41pm On Aug 06, 2012
Arap:

The state can even do better. The only problem with this country is corruption. I did my Industrial training in one of the local government secretariat about 2yrs back and the level of corruption was on the high side. There was a particular head with #970k expenditure as monthly salary for temporary teacher ( in a non existing school) and the name of a coursemate, children of the chairman and others made the payment voucher. The sum of #1m was voted to Industrial training salary head and we never received a dime, though it was stated on our acceptance letter that there's no payment but i was shocked the day i came across d ledger ( which was hidden from me for over 4 months) and realised that 60k is being paid on monthly basis into the account of someone at the admin. Department as salaries of IT students. This is just a few out of the numerous loop holes in our government establishments. I keep wondering what would be the degree of looting at the state and federal level if such level of corruption could be attained at the local government. And guess what? None of the directors could sign those vouchers( payment vouchers used for looting) as soon as Ogbeni Aregbe was declared the Governor of the state of Osun. This country is mega rich

We should not confuse the question of sustainability with a question on how rich the country is. We know Nigeria is rich yet corruption and mismanagement continues to rob the country of even the most common sense solutions.
With projects of this type, the most common sense thing to do is ensure the mechanisms are in place to ensure that funds continue to come in to support progress and continuation. It makes no sense to embark on even this kind of project before making such the right machines are in place. That is what asking of how sustainable a project really is.
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by dayokanu(m): 6:52pm On Aug 06, 2012
felifeli:
Oga you get problem o. He be like say you done escape Yaba left again becos na pyjamas and slippers you wear come this place.if I talk more than this now you go start fldey curse my father. Simple qustions you no gree answer since morning and na long ting as usual. Where will Aregbe find the money ?

The same place where they get money to go on trips abroad, sponsor hajj and jerusalem pilgrims, Go on trips to london, Dubai, Trinidad etc, the same place where they get money for brand new cars from.

felifeli:
What criteria will be used for giving - is it if you carry ECN card ?

The criteria is being aged and without income, I dont know if ECN card is a criteria to being aged in your own village.

felifeli:
IF aged person cannot go collect will the money be taken to their homes? If so how do you ensure that bonafide disabled aged are getting the money and not ghost-aged ? Chikena. Over to you sir. Just try to answer a question in civil manner for once without bindind demons of your fathers house. O ga o

How do aged people in America get their money? Do they take it to their house? How do aged pensioners get their monthly pension do they take it to their bedroom?
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by felifeli: 7:11pm On Aug 06, 2012
dayokanu:

The same place where they get money to go on trips abroad, sponsor hajj and jerusalem pilgrims, Go on trips to london, Dubai, Trinidad etc, the same place where they get money for brand new cars fromm

The criteria is being aged and without income, I dont know if ECN card is a criteria to being aged in your own village.

How do aged people in America get their money? Do they take it to their house? How do aged pensioners get their monthly pension do they take it to their bedroom?

Never mind. I will still continue to help you pray that those witches will stop eating your brain. In summary What you have said so far is that
1. FG will fund this brainwave of your oga.
2. As for the other questions we should all mimd our business especially since Osogbo is now Washington. O erudite statesman, I hail you.
I am also done with you by the way.
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Olaolufred(m): 7:11pm On Aug 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

You didn't answer the question. I did not ask you how much each political office holder is paid each month. This plan does not tell you that they will have a salary reduction in order that this can be sustained. So, again, the question remains can this be sustained.

Kobo,
Ask the Governor, then wait for an answer.
I believe his answer will determine your next line of comments.
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by dayokanu(m): 7:14pm On Aug 06, 2012
felifeli:

Never mind. I will still continue to help you pray that those witches will stop eating your brain. In summary What you have said so far is that
1. FG will fund this brainwave of your oga.
2. As for the other questions we should all mimd our business especially since Osogbo is now Washington. O erudite statesman, I hail you.
I am also done with you by the way.

Wherever he gets funding for the numerous govt expenses . Thats where he would get funding for the program of making the senior citizens of osun better.

Are you too daft to realise how senseless your question is? Do aged ppl in nigeria get their pension? if they do How do they get it? When you find that answer, Then thats the same way O'elders would be paid
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Kobojunkie: 7:15pm On Aug 06, 2012
Olaolufred:

Kobo,
Ask the Governor, then wait for an answer.
I believe his answer will determine your next line of comments.

Well, if you go back, you will note that the QUESTION REMAINS A QUESTION even to this page of the post.
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Gbawe: 7:25pm On Aug 06, 2012
dayokanu:

The same place where they get money to go on trips abroad, sponsor hajj and jerusalem pilgrims, Go on trips to london, Dubai, Trinidad etc, the same place where they get money for brand new cars from.

You are minding the simpleton who loves mischief but lacks the intelligence to engage in it effectively? Simple 'assignment'. Nairalanders should go and find out how Amosun lobbied banks and industry to gain donations used to buy the many modern APC's for Ogun State that the FG failed in its duty to supply.

Folks should also try and find out how much each APC cost to realise what Nigerian Governors can do if they set their mind and effort to it. Mere £48,000.00 yearly, disbursed over twelve months, is now a "fiscal headache" for a Nation that is a testimony to grotesque waste and profligacy?

There are many ways, as there are menu choices in a McDonalds restaurant, for Aregbesola to obtain and sustain this absolutely necessary payment. Even the Osun budget can be 'tweaked' relatively easily to facilitate this. Legislative assistance could be sought to reduce cost elsewhere to pay for this such as when Amosun gained the backing of Ogun State legislators to reduce salaries in the effort to make more money available to spend on capital projects. Point is that there are many fairly easy ways to legitimately fund this. Given the amount involved, I will excuse some non-Nigerians if they conclude Nigerians love pointless debate with how we focus on trivialities and ignore the very laudable precedent set with this scheme. Even in Nation/State budgets, discretionary spending is accommodated.

[img]http://beegeagle.files./2012/05/apcs-for-ogun-police-command-nan.jpg?w=640[/img]
An array of 6 fine APCs (14 units on order)presented to the Ogun State Police Command, 20 April 2012

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 06, 2012
It's a laudable project.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by AZeD1(m): 7:51pm On Aug 06, 2012
Good project in theory but as Kobo and some others have stated, how sustainable is the project.
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Beaf: 7:53pm On Aug 06, 2012
[size=18pt]Where will Aregbesola get the money from?[/size]
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Beaf: 7:56pm On Aug 06, 2012
Billyonaire:
Bros, na NigerDelta Oil allocation going round.

Lol! Bro, I'm just waiting for the "honest" supporters of the megalomaniac and high story telling reincarnation of Don Quixote to own up.
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by dayokanu(m): 8:02pm On Aug 06, 2012
^^ Where does money for paying Salaries, pension, contractors, foreign trips etc come from?

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by damas11111(m): 8:02pm On Aug 06, 2012
Gbawe:

You are minding the simpleton who loves mischief but lacks the intelligence to engage in it effectively? Simple 'assignment'. Nairalanders should go and find out how Amosun lobbied banks and industry to gain donations used to buy the many modern APC's for Ogun State that the FG failed in its duty to supply.

Folks should also try and find out how much each APC cost to realise what Nigerian Governors can do if they set their mind and effort to it. Mere £48,000.00 yearly, disbursed over twelve months, is now a "fiscal headache" for a Nation that is a testimony to grotesque waste and profligacy?

There are many ways, as there are menu choices in a McDonalds restaurant, for Aregbesola to obtain and sustain this absolutely necessary payment. Even the Osun budget can be 'tweaked' relatively easily to facilitate this. Legislative assistance could be sought to reduce cost elsewhere to pay for this such as when Amosun gained the backing of Ogun State legislators to reduce salaries in the effort to make more money available to spend on capital projects. Point is that there are many fairly easy ways to legitimately fund this. Given the amount involved, I will excuse some non-Nigerians if they conclude Nigerians love pointless debate with how we focus on trivialities and ignore the very laudable precedent set with this scheme. Even in Nation/State budgets, discretionary spending is accommodated.

[img]http://beegeagle.files./2012/05/apcs-for-ogun-police-command-nan.jpg?w=640[/img]
An array of 6 fine APCs (14 units on order)presented to the Ogun State Police Command, 20 April 2012

^^^ Thank you Mr. Gbawe. It baffles one when you hear people who you think should know better opening their mouth to release nonsense! It is painful to see the level that partisan politics has taken some people like Kobojunkie. Their sense of reasoning is beclouded such that they can condemn even the loftiest idea as far as it's not from one of their own. This explains why Nigeria may remain backward for many centuries to come.

For the umpteenth time, the question of sustainability shouldn't come up at all now. It is a modest and lofty idea causing the government nothing more than a mere 48,000 Pounds annually! Yet people like Kobo wants us to spell out how the government will sustain it.

Part of the reasons I prefer not always contributing much in this forum. Many issues are not getting objective contributions as a result of many irrelevant factors as religion, ethnicity, regional affiliations and many more.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Beaf: 8:06pm On Aug 06, 2012
dayokanu: ^^ Where does money for paying Salaries, pension, contractors, foreign trips etc come from?

It is awuf oil money that awuf luv'n phucks and purveyors of indolence and parasitic tendencies love so much.
Why can Aregbe not generate money in Osun instead of living in Lagos and getting "creative" with awuf?

More sensible governors would have invested in the youth as the way forward. The youth can take care of their elderly, but it seems Aregbe falls short on cerebral scales and wobbles to the left of mental balance.
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Kobojunkie: 8:09pm On Aug 06, 2012
damas11111:
^^^ Thank you Mr. Gbawe. It baffles one when you hear people who you think should know better opening their mouth to release nonsense! It is painful to see the level that partisan politics has taken some people like Kobojunkie. Their sense of reasoning is beclouded such that they can condemn even the loftiest idea as far as it's not from one of their own. This explains why Nigeria may remain backward for many centuries to come.

For the umpteenth time, the question of sustainability shouldn't come up at all now. It is a modest and lofty idea causing the government nothing more than a mere 48,000 Pounds annually! Yet people like Kobo wants us to spell out how the government will sustain it.

Part of the reasons I prefer not always contributing much in this forum. Many issues are not getting objective contributions as a result of many irrelevant factors as religion, ethnicity, regional affiliations and many more.

By referring to me you just confirmed that you are totally clueless but won't shut up.

I asked a question. This is the 4th page, yet you have not been able to answer that simple question. Trying to turn this simple question into an US vs THEM debate only shows that you a problem and not a part of the solution. It is OK to shut it if you do not have any answers to the questions asked. There are so many possible what-ifs(what if the governor got the money for this from the coffers, what is the government got serious about taxation, what is the government took agriculture and revenue generation more seriously, what if this and that) to this but that question is a question that requires an answer that is more definite than the what-ifs thrown around so far.
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by dayokanu(m): 8:09pm On Aug 06, 2012
Beaf:

Awuf oil money that awuf luv'n phucks and purveyors of indolence and parasitic tendencies love so much.

As long as he doesnt steal the money, And its Osun States right according to the federal constitution

Instead of flying to Jamaica to dance raggae like your moronic boss, or going to trinidad to speak through his asss, he chose to pay the elder in his state stipends

In summary, on behalf of Osun elders, Aregbesola, may you live long

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by damas11111(m): 8:25pm On Aug 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

By referring to me you just confirmed that you are totally clueless but won't shut up.

I asked a question. This is the 4th page, yet you have not been able to answer that simple question. Trying to turn this simple question into an US vs THEM debate only shows that you a problem and not a part of the solution. It is OK to shut it if you do not have any answers to the questions asked. There are so many possible what-ifs(what if the governor got the money for this from the coffers, what is the government got serious about taxation, what is the government took agriculture and revenue generation more seriously, what if this and that) to this but that question is a question that requires an answer that is more definite than the what-ifs thrown around so far.

Is it not funny that you want us here to give you definite answers about where the money to sustain the program will come from? It is only the government of Aregbesola that can give any specific answer to that and I expect even a secondary school student to know this. You keep saying that your question has not been answered but there are many possibilities (supposed answers) that have been thrown up for you. Yet you wont STF. You've lost it!
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Beaf: 8:26pm On Aug 06, 2012
dayokanu:

As long as he doesnt steal the money, And its Osun States right according to the federal constitution

Instead of flying to Jamaica to dance raggae like your moronic boss, or going to trinidad to speak through his asss, he chose to pay the elder in his state stipends

In summary, on behalf of Osun elders, Aregbesola, may you live long

If generating money gives one the right to fly abroad, then GEJ's state gives him every right. Afterall, it produces a third of the money both the FG and states run on.

How much does Osun generate and what is the awuf luv'n Aregbe doing about it? No governor should be a parasite with no pride to develop a self sustaining economy for his state.
As I said earlier, more sensible governors would have invested in the youth as the way forward. More sensible governors are looking to create industrial bases and infrastructure with their awuf as seed money; only the thieving ones look for untracable places to pump money for looting.

Simple truth is that Aregbe is looking for "creatrive" ways to steal Osuns allocation.
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by damas11111(m): 8:30pm On Aug 06, 2012
Beaf:

If generating money gives one the right to fly abroad, then GEJ's state gives him every right. Afterall, it produces a third of the money both the FG and states run on.

How much does Osun generate and what is the awuf luv'n Aregbe doing about it? No governor should be a parasite with no pride to develop a self sustaining economy for his state.
As I said earlier, more sensible governors would have invested in the youth as the way forward. More sensible governors are looking to create industrial bases and infrastructure with their awuf as seed money; only the thieving ones look for untracable places to pump money for looting.

Simple truth is that Aregbe is looking for "creatrive" ways to steal Osuns allocation.

So taking care of the elderly is now a "crime" in some people's book. Lord have mercy!
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Kobojunkie: 8:32pm On Aug 06, 2012
damas11111:

Is it not funny that you want us here to give you definite answers about where the money to sustain the program will come from? It is only the government of Aregbesola that can give any specific answer to that and I expect even a secondary school student to know this. You keep saying that your question has not been answered but there are many possibilities (supposed answers) that have been thrown up for you. Yet you wont STF. You've lost it!

I didn't ask you any questions. I simply posted a question so anyone who actually has GOOD/LEGIT answers could respond.

Correction. Aregbesola should not be the only one who has answers to this question. If anything,for a plan that is already in the works, this information should no be secret,so your suggesting that it should leads me to question your sanity when it comes to understanding the democractic process as it ought to apply.
Possibilities do not real answers make. My question was directed at those who understood what was going on and already knew, as supposedly included in the plan, what the source of funding would be.

Again, if you have no clue, as it is obvious at this point, it is best you shut up and let those who are able to, continue discussing this issue and researching it to find the answers to the questions asked so far. Telling someone he/she has lost it simply for asking a question shows you are nothing but a nuisance yourself.
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Ayoobscom(m): 8:36pm On Aug 06, 2012
God bless Aregbesola for this Godly inspired move
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by damas11111(m): 8:36pm On Aug 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I didn't ask you any questions. I simply posted a question so anyone who actually has GOOD/LEGIT answers could respond.

Correction. Aregbesola should not be the only one who has answers to this question. If anything,for a plan that is already in the works, this information should no be secret,so your suggesting that it should leads me to question your sanity when it comes to understanding the democractic process as it ought to apply.
Possibilities do not real answers make. My question was directed at those who understood what was going on and already knew, as supposedly included in the plan, what the source of funding would be.

Again, if you have no clue, as it is obvious at this point, it is best you shut up and let those who are able to, continue discussing this issue and researching it to find the answers to the questions asked so far. Telling someone he/she has lost it simply for asking a question shows you are nothing but a nuisance yourself.

I now see that you're empty. So no amount of explanation can help you recover from your idiotic position. I rest my case as far as you are concerned.
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Kobojunkie: 8:39pm On Aug 06, 2012
damas11111:

I now see that you're empty. So no amount of explanation can help you recover from your idiotic position. I rest my case as far as you are concerned.

You are nothing but an eejit to even pretend we both operate on the same intellectual level. So you actually believed for even a second that the tripe you have posted could have convinced me to drop my question on how sustainable this project really is? I blame those who raised you . . . malu!! grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by damas11111(m): 8:41pm On Aug 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

You are nothing but an eejit to even pretend we both operate on the same intellectual level. So you actually believed for even a second that the tripe you have posted could have convinced me to drop my question on how sustainable this project really is? I blame those who raised you . . . malu!! grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

"He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a F00L, shun him" grin grin grin
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by dayokanu(m): 8:42pm On Aug 06, 2012
Beaf:

Surely he can fly abroad while the citizens of Bayelsa are groaning in untold sufferings

While Aregbe is spending on the aged in his own state

This is what Dickson - Retardeen jonathans protege is spending money on

Speaker of Bayelsa State House of Assembly, Mr. Kombowei Benson, and 23 other members of the assembly are battling with the allegation that they mismanaged N78m belonging to the state under false pretences that they attended a conference in South Africa.

The allegation was first made public through a petition addressed to the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Abubakar, by a civil society group, Transparency and Good Governance Coalition.

Benson and other lawmakers were said to have written to Governor Seriake Dickson, demanding the money to attend the 43rd Commonwealth Parliamentary Association in South Africa from June 29 to July 8.

The petition read in part, “Unknown to Bayelsans, the Speaker and other members of the Bayelsa House of Assembly allegedly never attended the conference but simply allegedly converted the fund given to them to their personal use.

“While the conference which started on the 29th of June was underway, the Speaker and members of the Assembly were reportedly and allegedly engaged in a frolic of their own in Nigeria until the 7th of July 2012.”

It was also alleged that the Speaker and the other legislators left the country for South Africa on July 7, got to South Africa in the morning of July 8 without attending the conference

http://www.punchng.com/news/bayelsa-assembly-battles-with-n78m-safrica-trip-scam/
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Gbawe: 8:42pm On Aug 06, 2012
damas11111:

I totally agree with you on that point.
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by EkoIle1: 8:54pm On Aug 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

That was still a re-tared, ignorant and elementary question that I wont even bother to answer myself. What's next? Would you like to know where state's get their budgets and operational funds from?

I just don't know why many of you try too hard to sound lazy and ignorant.
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Kobojunkie: 8:57pm On Aug 06, 2012
Kobojunkie: [size=20pt]Can the state sustain this?[/size] undecided

grin grin grin grin grin

A wonder how a very simple question is causing so much to fret and curse their mothers and fathers in a public forum.
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by dayokanu(m): 8:58pm On Aug 06, 2012
Beaf:

Egbon mi razist.

We heard the wage bill in bayelsa is 6billion for a population of 1.7m cheesy cheesy

Come and see America wonder, Come and see Bayelsa wonder cheesy cheesy cheesy

We also heard in the same bayelsa, The House of Assembly members collected money for a conference in South Africa and they arrived after the conference was completed.

Come and see America wonder, Come and see Bayelsa wonder cheesy cheesy cheesy

www.nairaland.com/attachments/513819_3D_emoticon_40_gif28993e3a847c748e3adae4c6038dcf32

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Beaf: 9:02pm On Aug 06, 2012
^
You are funny. Tell us about Osun state, or is that madmen Aregbe now governor of Bayelsa?
Don't you realise it is daft to mention other states when Osun is the topic?

Abeg, tell us how the lazy awuf luv'n phuck, Aregbe plans to steal Osuns allocation instead of attempting to dodge the topic.
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by aribisala0(m): 9:02pm On Aug 06, 2012
For your info this has been happening in places like Zamfara for ever. Whether or not it is desirable is one thing but to single out one item of expenditure and ask where is the money coming from is silly.That question might as well apply to every kobo spent. Unless you wish to pretend that this particular expense is somehow unique to constitute a bizarre outlier in a schedule of expenses

Rather than engaging in vainglorious rhethoric.

Do some research and find out whether it was budgeted or not that will tell you where the money is coming from.

I do not believe he will print money so the funds will either be borrowed or generated.

So if you are that interested look for the Osun state budget to ascertain whether this is just capriciousness or something else.
Where doe the money used to buy diesel for generators in government house come from.
This is probably costing as much as they spend on food in Aso Rock yearly
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Kobojunkie: 9:05pm On Aug 06, 2012
Comparing Osun to Zamfara should not be done. Even worse you cannot compare AsoRock Budget to that of a State. Please let's stop picking around for excuses to ignore a reasonable and simple question that needs to be asked now, and not when we hear, for the umpteenth time that the project had to be scrapped for lack of funds.

Kobojunkie: [size=20pt]Can the state sustain this?[/size] undecided

grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Senator Kabir Marafa: "We Know The Zamfara Criminals But Can't Name Them" / 9th NASS: Kalu Endorses Gbajabiamila As Reps Speaker (photos) / Buhari Congratulates Oyetola On Supreme Court Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.