Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,706 members, 7,837,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance (14366 Views)

Jonathan, Reason We Can't Give School Kids Free Meal Or Pay N5,000 Monthly- APC / Reception Given To Aregbesola From His Hometown Residents. / A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Toppie2(f): 10:58pm On Aug 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Are you so brain-dead that rather than attack issues you feel attacking me somehow makes the question go away?? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Answer it and stop insulting your parents thinking you insult my person.
its ok joh, u guys are going 2 far on dz. Its not worth it!
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Rather than tell me what to do, why don't you take it on yourself to follow your own rules, get the answer and come share it with those of us here?

I asked the question. I don't need to be the one to provide the answer as well. So, till then, get busy! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
I did not ask any questions.
You did.
I did not demand for any answers.
You did.
I did not expend my energy on trying to figure out the O'Elder issue.
You did.
I did not repeatedly try and force the answers from people on this forum.
You did.

So, what is my own??

You are the one with the problem.
You are the one asking for solutions.

Since nobody is giving you any...get them yourself.

Na wetin consign me

So, dont waste any more time... Start your research now...Time is going.
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by CyberG: 11:02pm On Aug 06, 2012
Useless move! Why not invest in a viable social security system, that works not some handout called O-elders?

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Kobojunkie: 11:02pm On Aug 06, 2012
virtuoso01:
I did not ask any questions.
You did.
I did not demand for any answers.
You did.
I did not expend my energy on trying to figure out the O'Elder issue.
You did.
I did not repeatedly try and force the answers from people on this forum.
You did.

So, what is my own??

You are the one with the problem.
You are the one asking for solutions.

Since nobody is giving you any...get them yourself.

Na wetin consign me

So, dont waste any more time... Start your research now...Time is going.

Again . . .
Kobojunkie:

[size=13pt]Rather than tell me what to do, why don't you take it on yourself to follow your own rules, get the answer and come share it with those of us here?

I asked the question. I don't need to be the one to provide the answer as well. So, till then, get busy![/size]
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

I repeat
Kobojunkie:

[size=13pt]Rather than tell me what to do, why don't you take it on yourself to follow your own rules, get the answer and come share it with those of us here?

I asked the question. I don't need to be the one to provide the answer as well. So, till then, get busy![/size]
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by olapojuo: 11:11pm On Aug 06, 2012
dat is good 4 u mr ogbeni but ow trustward will u or d person incharge will b on it,op it will not b away of embezzle of osun pple money d way OYES fund is going cos i learnt OYES staff re not up 2 ten thousand due 2 many of themleaving d job when de realize d old job giving 2 them<that is amaster holder or medical doctor etc 2 b cutting grass on d high way> and u re still claming twenty thousand, also did u ve d nos of elderly osun pple or u just form am 4 head WAIT CAN OSUN EVEN SUSTAIN AM COS U DON BORROW PASS LAGOS STATE SELF UNDER 1 AND 1/2 YEARS OP NO B BORROW U GO GO BORROW
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Again . . .

I repeat
It looks as if you do not have something productive to do with your time...and maybe you brain.

No wonder you are a Junkie, I should have known better than to exchange meaningless banter with you.

I rest my case and am out of here, let me leave the junkie to her antics.

Byeeeeeeee grin
Kobojunkie:

Again . . .

I repeat
It looks as if you do not have something productive to do with your time...and maybe you brain.

No wonder you are a Junkie, I should have known better than to exchange meaningless banter with you.

Byeeeeeeee
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by aribisala0(m): 11:12pm On Aug 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Are you so brain-dead that rather than attack issues you feel attacking me somehow makes the question go away?? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Answer it and stop insulting your parents thinking you insult my person.

Verbigeration.

Quit whining and take what is coming at you.Note my name NEVER throw insults at me . Maybe you fancy yourself as some sort of Nairaland toughie
you may do it with some and get away with it me I take no prisoners.
Your mother is an epileptic Akwuna and your father a psychotic Agbero.What does that make you? Some sort of Mongrel I guess.That means you are not likely able to produce live offspring.
Get a life and stop this Pseudo-intellectual posturing. Take your stupid questions to your father .In your life if you see me on Nairaland and throw insults at me your mother go hear wen if trailer no jam am the next day your father go fall from okada
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Kobojunkie: 11:15pm On Aug 06, 2012
virtuoso01:

Byeeeeeeee grin

Byeeeeeeee

Interesting that you, who goes around apparently telling people to do what you could easily do and then come update them on, feel you know how to spend your time more productively?? LOL . . .

Again . .
Kobojunkie:

Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Gbawe: 11:23pm On Aug 06, 2012
CyberG: Useless move! Why not invest in a viable social security system, that works not some handout called O-elders?

This , in itself, is a social security system in all but name. 1,602. 00 of the most vulnerable elders in Osun are identified and will be supported with N10,000.00 per month to ensure they do not become totally destitute. What is that if not social security if we take those words literally?

This is a good start and it can grow into something very important to the Nigerian situation where the traditional mindset revolves around hideous wealth acquisition in a "winner take all" arena. Stupendous opulence alongside excruciating and dehumanizing poverty. Welcome to Nigeria.

We are currently on the road to perdition because , for a very long time, Nigeria followed Oligarchic models of stupendous enrichment for a few and excruciating poverty for the majority. Now, this is the precursor to massive social unrest in future given our population and the fact that we live in a social networking age. Endeavors like this should be welcomed and encouraged because the amount that will be spent, to make a big difference to many who do not deserve neglect, is less than many Nigerian politicians spend flying their mistresses to Europe and America on a 'shopping trip'.
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by aribisala0(m): 11:43pm On Aug 06, 2012
I think the more important questions with schemes like these are practical ones; properly identifying entitled persons,maitaining data integrity whilst not subjecting elderly persons to arduous and debilitating verification protocols,not easy.In Nigeria it will be difficult to prevent civil servants manipulating the scheme for fraud.The number of beneficiaries is a lot smaller than I would have expected but maybe most people die younger in Osun.Hmm
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Beaf: 1:51am On Aug 07, 2012
--Beaf switches to "Amerikin" accent to gain attention--

[size=18pt]Oya! Ayam gonno axe again...
Where is the money going to come from?[/size]
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Nobody: 2:06am On Aug 07, 2012
Lmao!!

This junkie asked the same question from page 1 - 5.. cheesy cheesy

Only on NL smh... grin grin
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Beaf: 2:19am On Aug 07, 2012
Since assuming office, AregbeRASCAL has been borrowing like its Christmas Day. All we ever hear from him is bullshiit and high stories; stuff like "50 billion World Bank funded massive dry season road construction across Osun state" (see more on that fiasco here: https://www.nairaland.com/914262/evidence-massive-dry-season-road)

These are all thinly veiled avenues for theft, even federal allocations are no longer enough for our very own Emperor of the State of Osun; he goes aborrowing around the Globe to fill his bottomless pockets. Right now, Osun is so heavily in debt that it would draw tears of bitter sorrow from the eyes of Lawrence Anini.

Who can imagine that while an oil producing state like Delta has only $15,785,110 (N2,554,030,798) in external debt; Aregbe's State of Osun has a whopping[b] $61,744,688 (N9,990,290,518.4)[/b]... Eye pop'n shiit! shocked
To further compound matters, the State of Osuns internal debt is a crisis the size of the cataclysm of Armageddon!

In Osun State, the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Chief Sunday Akere, said the state had a N25bn internal debt.

http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-kaduna-criver-ogun-oyo-top-foreign-debtors-list/

Now can I ask again...
Where is the money for Aregbe's latest episode of madness going to come from? Is it not better to invest his allocation awuf in the long suffering youth, in generating employment and industrialisation of the state?
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by whalesnoni: 2:37am On Aug 07, 2012
[b][/b]its a welcome development, atleast somebody is doing something for the senior citizens
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by dayokanu(m): 4:04am On Aug 07, 2012
In Osun State, the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Chief Sunday Akere, said the state had a N25bn internal debt.

Akere said N18.5bn of the N25bn was owed by the ousted administration of Olagunsoye Oyinlola.

He said, “In the twilight of the Oyinlola government in 2010, the administration secured an N18.5bn loan from United Bank for Africa. A major chunk of the loan was to go into the construction of six world class stadiums.”

Akere said the state government, under Oyinlola, was paying a monthly interest of N615m on the N18.5bn, adding that after refinancing the loan, the “(Rauf) Aregbesola administration now pays a monthly interest of less than N100m.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-kaduna-criver-ogun-oyo-top-foreign-debtors-list/

This shows that the PDP was the one who accumulated the debt to build 6 world class stadiums

LOL

God punish PDP
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by OmoLisabi(m): 4:34am On Aug 07, 2012
dayokanu: In Osun State, the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Chief Sunday Akere, said the state had a N25bn internal debt.

Akere said N18.5bn of the N25bn was owed by the ousted administration of Olagunsoye Oyinlola.

He said, “In the twilight of the Oyinlola government in 2010, the administration secured an N18.5bn loan from United Bank for Africa. A major chunk of the loan was to go into the construction of six world class stadiums.”

Akere said the state government, under Oyinlola, was paying a monthly interest of N615m on the N18.5bn, adding that after refinancing the loan, the “(Rauf) Aregbesola administration now pays a monthly interest of less than N100m.”

This shows that the PDP was the one who accumulated the debt to build 6 world class stadiums

LOL

God punish PDP
beaf oya talk about this, you freaking baastardddd with no intellectual or lineage values to cherish. olossssshi radaaradddda.
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Nobody: 5:40am On Aug 07, 2012
Well done Governor, this is indeed a brilliant way of milking the state dry, a laudable attempt at decent corruption, i mean sir, taking money from these old people will be as easy as stealing candy from a baby...well done sir
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by mapet: 6:47am On Aug 07, 2012
Besides, it's only someone with juvenile thinking that does not know that leverage-financing is one of the credible avenues to pursue capital projects. How some on these folks made it past JSS 3 with these warped thinking beats my imagination. Even in private sector, there are cases where companies purposely take debts simple to instil financial discipline.

I think young folks on NL should begin to know that the frequecy of postings on NL may not equate to common sense...
OmoLisabi: beaf oya talk about this, you freaking baastardddd with no intellectual or lineage values to cherish. olossssshi radaaradddda.
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by mapet: 6:55am On Aug 07, 2012
Madam,

Ok I apologise for alluding that you're lying..... I think may be a bit of ignorance and some information hidden from you may need to be explained. Well the scenario you painted can only be possible if there was a flaw in the previous tax calculation. Remember all there are federal and state tax laws and in the bid of tax avoidance (which is legal and depends on the creativity of tax accountants within a system) many organizations in the past had illegally been evading some portion of taxes (either deliberately or ignorantly).

About 9years ago, something like that happened in Lagos State, when the Lagos State government went on tax verification exercise in companies. We simply realized that we have not been paying correct taxes.....so in other words your taxes will increase. It will seem to me that in the case you painted, the payee were subjected to the right tax calculations.

Toppié2: ehehehe! So i'm lying? Ok i'm not going 2 argue that, buh mind u,whatever i post here on aregbe's government is not an hearsay, i am very sure of what i'm saying. And Btw, i never said their salary was not increased! It was and their tax is jst 2k less than thrice wat it used 2 be.
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by aribisala0(m): 7:00am On Aug 07, 2012
mapet: Besides, it's only someone with juvenile thinking that does not know that leverage-financing is one of the credible avenues to pursue capital projects. How some on these folks made it past JSS 3 with these warped thinking beats my imagination. Even in private sector, there are cases where companies purposely take debts simple to instil financial discipline.

I think young folks on NL should begin to know that the frequecy of postings on NL may not equate to common sense...
Not true Most adults do not know what Leverage-financing is,nothing JUVENILE about that.Do they teach that in JS 3.

I reckon you don't know what quarks hadrons and mesons are or the role of leptins in diet regulation does that make your thinikng juvenile.I would not say so, necessarily
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by mapet: 7:01am On Aug 07, 2012
Oga cool down...

1. There is no known petition to date that OYES money is being embezzled
2. The MSc and Phd holders that went to OYES either got their fradulently or on their own foolish volition. OYES is a voluntaire youth empowerment scheme. It is not for MSc and PHd holders, except such are their on their own volition. Anybody on OYES should tell himself that he's there to primarily learn a skill, earn a little living at that and exit the scheme after two years. That is what the TOR says
3. OYES is not an oil company, telecoms, FMCG, Banking or real estate job, so quit all this unnecessary sentiments. Even in Lagos, we have those on similar schemes with a different variation.
4. If you can't understand these then it's a pity. And stop lying, No state has debt up to Lagos.......

olapojuo: dat is good 4 u mr ogbeni but ow trustward will u or d person incharge will b on it,op it will not b away of embezzle of osun pple money d way OYES fund is going cos i learnt OYES staff re not up 2 ten thousand due 2 many of themleaving d job when de realize d old job giving 2 them<that is amaster holder or medical doctor etc 2 b cutting grass on d high way> and u re still claming twenty thousand, also did u ve d nos of elderly osun pple or u just form am 4 head WAIT CAN OSUN EVEN SUSTAIN AM COS U DON BORROW PASS LAGOS STATE SELF UNDER 1 AND 1/2 YEARS OP NO B BORROW U GO GO BORROW
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by mapet: 7:11am On Aug 07, 2012
My brother,

It is coloration that turned it into leverage financing. Remember we learnt debit, credit, debt, creditors, borrower, lender etc in Business Studies in JSS class. It is not rocket science to apply these.

What is most intruging is that even some semi illiterates (conservatively speaking) will demonstrate better capacity in understanding the value of leverage-financing. No wonder traders in an Alhaji Bayero in Jos central market or President Genral in Alaba will easily access opportunities in financial institution to continually turn in value.

Honestly I cry when I see youth of this generation with wrong orientation and it makes you wonder the fate of the country as a whole. the knowledge gap is continually gorging....
aribisala0:
Not true Most adults do not know what Leverage-financing is,nothing JUVENILE about that.Do they teach that in JS 3.

I reckon you don't know what quarks hadrons and mesons are or the role of leptins in diet regulation does that make your thinikng juvenile.I would not say so, necessarily
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by ijigbamigb(m): 7:17am On Aug 07, 2012
For those doubting this policy, I was in the state (Ijebu-Jesa community) when the selection of the elders started and state officials visited all the houses in that local community to select them. Funding it is not the problem where some Governors deduct as much as 10 percent of their budget as security vote (where they aren't the ones in charge of their state security in the real sense)
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Kobojunkie: 7:28am On Aug 07, 2012
ijigbamigb: For those doubting this policy, I was in the state (Ijebu-Jesa community) when the selection of the elders started and state officials visited all the houses in that local community to select them. Funding it is not the problem where some Governors deduct as much as 10 percent of their budget as security vote (where they aren't the ones in charge of their state security in the real sense)

Since you claim to have been there and more informed on the project, can you please tell us how the Government hopes to fund this venture, and how long the pilot program is going to be for?
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by commynikky: 7:33am On Aug 07, 2012
;DI applaud u Gov Aregb, u do well
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by aribisala0(m): 7:46am On Aug 07, 2012
mapet: My brother,

It is coloration that turned it into leverage financing. Remember we learnt debit, credit, debt, creditors, borrower, lender etc in Business Studies in JSS class. It is not rocket science to apply these.

What is most intruging is that even some semi illiterates (conservatively speaking) will demonstrate better capacity in understanding the value of leverage-financing. No wonder traders in an Alhaji Bayero in Jos central market or President Genral in Alaba will easily access opportunities in financial institution to continually turn in value.

Honestly I cry when I see youth of this generation with wrong orientation and it makes you wonder the fate of the country as a whole. the knowledge gap is continually gorging....
Young man who is we I did not do the JSS thing.
Long after my time.
My issue is with your claim that if a person does not know that stuff their thinking is Juvenile.
A point that has completely eluded you,
Knowledge is a completely different thing from thinking and i do not know what you mean by coloration ,gorging or intruging .whatever it is they taught in JSS communication was not a priority.
If you know something another person does not know you are simply better informed on that subject.That has NOTHING to do with JUVENILE THINKING.
I do not and cannot understand how or why a company would take a debt "to instil financial discipline". That is a truly profound concept!
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Gbawe: 8:33am On Aug 07, 2012
ijigbamigb: For those doubting this policy, I was in the state (Ijebu-Jesa community) when the selection of the elders started and state officials visited all the houses in that local community to select them. Funding it is not the problem where some Governors deduct as much as 10 percent of their budget as security vote (where they aren't the ones in charge of their state security in the real sense)

My brother, is this not how they doubted OYES? What is that scheme today if not an exemplary model of combating unemployment that African Nations are now understudying? What is clear is that Nigerians, to borrow from Aribisala0, love vainglorious displays. Clearly, this is a very laudable scheme because we all know the undignified images and depressing statistics peddled worldwide about African poverty and deprivation.

It is social welfare schemes like this prioritized funding must be provided for. As simple as that. There is no point wasting time and entertaining talks of "funding and sustainability" ,as if it is a legitimate concern, when we have a ball Park figure of £48,000 annually. State Governments can source and sustain the payment of far greater amounts than that to carry out obligations that should even be 101 in the charter of Governance i.e providing for the most vulnerable in society who can no longer fend for themselves.

If , for example, a Governor wants to provide an asylum for mentally disturbed folks found throughout his State, what sort of pedantic citizen then begins to obsess about "funding and sustainability"? Is it not obvious that the alternatives is not tenable , i.e letting mentally disturbed people roam around, and that this is an objective the Government must secure and sustain funding for as a core duty of Governance?

Distracting talk here just show that (1) some are unrepentant mischief-makers and (2) others simply do not understand State Governance - especially the aspect dealing with leadership obligations to citizens.

Did Ogun State specifically make budgetary provision for the APC's that Amosun purchased or did the Governor, as a proactive response to crime ravaging his State, simply utilize powers vested in his office to raise the funds needed for State leadership to fulfill it's obligations of securing lives and property?
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by mapet: 8:58am On Aug 07, 2012
Egon,

then the the problem is simply with me overating what is basic. Nothing eluded or so i tot till the ignorance displayed here becomes apparent. I went through JSS class, was thought simple and basic concept applicable to commerce. It is basic becos as it is taught in school, it is likewise taught in a trade. So when when some internet Profs. make ascertions that will make you question their knowledge on something both basic and universal, I guess I can't help it..

The issue is not if I know something that other person or persons do not know......rather is the fool-hardiness of some misleading others with ignorance and demonstrating it with reckless abandon. I'm probably sorry for having less tolerance for people flauting false information here. If someone displays ignorance on something basic, nothing bad in simply correcting, but if someone makes ascertion and I dare add arrogantly on basic issues Or if someone says Osun state has overtaken Lagos debtwise...are those not ridiculous?

...and sir if you do not understand why some company purposely take leverage to instill financial discipline, ....then I'll agree with you on the school part. Well I learnt that in school,probably it was restricted to those that passed thru JSS system.
aribisala0:
Young man who is we I did not do the JSS thing.
Long after my time.
My issue is with your claim that if a person does not know that stuff their thinking is Juvenile.
A point that has completely eluded you,
Knowledge is a completely different thing from thinking and i do not know what you mean by coloration ,gorging or intruging .whatever it is they taught in JSS communication was not a priority.
If you know something another person does not know you are simply better informed on that subject.That has NOTHING to do with JUVENILE THINKING.
I do not and cannot understand how or why a company would take a debt "to instil financial discipline". That is a truly profound concept!
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by mapet: 9:07am On Aug 07, 2012
Bros,

I think the issue of explaining the rationality of this initiative is unnnecessary beyond this point. I find it ridiculous that questions like "where will the money come from? How sustainable will it be? will drag the discourse to over 5 pages. I thought we will be appraising the model and offering suggestions on developing a veritable social security scheme in Nigeria. I thought we should be talking through lines of statistics of the censors taken, viz-a-viz what it portends in the larger scheme of things in typical Osun state - life expectance, quality of life, MDG penetration etc.

I think we should refer anybody asking these questions, to engage the services of google or any other search engine.....

Gbawe:

My brother, is this not how they doubted OYES? What is that scheme today if not an exemplary model of combating unemployment that African Nations are now understudying? What is clear is that Nigerians, to borrow from Aribisala0, love vainglorious displays. Clearly, this is a very laudable scheme because we all know the undignified images and depressing statistics peddled worldwide about African poverty and deprivation.

It is social welfare schemes like this prioritized funding must be provided for. As simple as that. There is no point wasting time and entertaining talks of "funding and sustainability" ,as if it is a legitimate concern, when we have a ball Park figure of £48,000 annually. State Governments can source and sustain the payment of far greater amounts than that to carry out obligations that should even be 101 in the charter of Governance i.e providing for the most vulnerable in society who can no longer fend for themselves.

If , for example, a Governor wants to provide an asylum for mentally disturbed folks found throughout his State, what sort of pedantic citizen then begins to obsess about "funding and sustainability"? Is it not obvious that the alternatives is not tenable , i.e letting mentally disturbed people roam around, and that this is an objective the Government must secure and sustain funding for as a core duty of Governance?

Distracting talk here just show that (1) some are unrepentant mischief-makers and (2) others simply do not understand State Governance - especially the aspect dealing with leadership obligations to citizens.

Did Ogun State specifically make budgetary provision for the APC's that Amosun purchased or did the Governor, as a proactive response to crime ravaging his State, simply utilize powers vested in his office to raise the funds needed for State leadership to fulfill it's obligations of securing lives and property?
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by felifeli: 9:09am On Aug 07, 2012
aribisala0: I think the more important questions with schemes like these are practical ones; properly identifying entitled persons,maitaining data integrity whilst not subjecting elderly persons to arduous and debilitating verification protocols,not easy.In Nigeria it will be difficult to prevent civil servants manipulating the scheme for fraud.The number of beneficiaries is a lot smaller than I would have expected but maybe most people die younger in Osun.Hmm

Thank you sir. Exactly my point before dayo-oponu and gbajue began to insult me for not realising that osun state is now america.
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by aribisala0(m): 9:22am On Aug 07, 2012
mapet: Egon,

then the the problem is simply with me overating what is basic. Nothing eluded or so i tot till the ignorance displayed here becomes apparent. I went through JSS class, was thought simple and basic concept applicable to commerce. It is basic becos as it is taught in school, it is likewise taught in a trade. So when when some internet Profs. make ascertions that will make you question their knowledge on something both basic and universal, I guess I can't help it..

The issue is not if I know something that other person or persons do not know......rather is the fool-hardiness of some misleading others with ignorance and demonstrating it with reckless abandon. I'm probably sorry for having less tolerance for people flauting false information here. If someone displays ignorance on something basic, nothing bad in simply correcting, but if someone makes ascertion and I dare add arrogantly on basic issues Or if someone says Osun state has overtaken Lagos debtwise...are those not ridiculous?

...and sir if you do not understand why some company purposely take leverage to instill financial discipline, ....then I'll agree with you on the school part. Well I learnt that in school,probably it was restricted to those that passed thru JSS system.
Humility is always the best thing in life.I have studied business to MBA level and still find your assertions puzzling.If a company does not need debt I cannot understand WHY they will borrow to JUST TO INSTIL DISCIPLINE. Counterintuitive in my view but I guess we learn something new everyday.Thanks for illuminating the obscure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari: Cyber Terrorists Causing Anxiety In Nigeria / Seplat, Sahara Group, Heirs Oil In Race To Buy Shell’s $4 Billion Oil Stake / 2023 Presidency: No Difference Between APC And PDP - Akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.