Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,290 members, 7,839,434 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance (14368 Views)

Jonathan, Reason We Can't Give School Kids Free Meal Or Pay N5,000 Monthly- APC / Reception Given To Aregbesola From His Hometown Residents. / A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by mapet: 9:27am On Aug 07, 2012
You studied business to MBA level, yet you missed that haba.....
aribisala0:
Humility is always the best thing in life.I have studied business to MBA level and still find your assertions puzzling.If a company does not need debt I cannot understand WHY they will borrow to JUST TO INSTIL DISCIPLINE. Counterintuitive in my view but I guess we learn something new everyday.Thanks for illuminating the obscure.
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by aribisala0(m): 9:41am On Aug 07, 2012
mapet: You studied business to MBA level, yet you missed that haba.....
Was not in the Syllabus.I guess I was swindled grin grin
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Toppie2(f): 10:06am On Aug 07, 2012
ijigbamigb: For those doubting this policy, I was in the state (Ijebu-Jesa community) when the selection of the elders started and state officials visited all the houses in that local community to select them. Funding it is not the problem where some Governors deduct as much as 10 percent of their budget as security vote (where they aren't the ones in charge of their state security in the real sense)
really?so how come they didn't visit my aged grandma's house?
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by mapet: 10:37am On Aug 07, 2012
you were probably absent in that class grin grin
aribisala0:
Was not in the Syllabus.I guess I was swindled grin grin
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by olaezebala: 12:17pm On Aug 07, 2012
OmoLisabi: beaf oya talk about this, you freaking baastardddd with no intellectual or lineage values to cherish. olossssshi radaaradddda.

Oga take am easy o. No be the same 18billion way Oyinlola don claim say ur god (Aregbesola) don spend the remaining 10billion?
Read am for urself here
http://www.thetruthng.com/news-reports/18-3billon-loan-probe-me-if-you-have-evidence-oyinlola-tells-aregbesola/
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Skmoda360(m): 1:34pm On Aug 07, 2012
O.D.B.:

off course with niger-delta oil
are they part of 9states of niger delta.
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Gbawe: 1:40pm On Aug 07, 2012
felifeli:

Thank you sir. Exactly my point before dayo-oponu and gbajue began to insult me for not realising that osun state is now america.

Have you no shame at all or is deciet your middle name? You openly called this a "silly thieving scheme" !!!! How can you claim your negative, ungracious and uncouth "point" is then equal to the objective and balanced submissions of Aribisala0?

Bruv, it is not by force to talk when all people will see is a shameless and thoroughly dishonest attempt to shift the goal post. You were nothing but negative and uncomplementary about this scheme. Shame your previous post now disgraces this your attempt at 'objective poster' pretense.

I don't know why some of you cannot take positions, whether good or bad, and stick by it instead of this shameless perambulations that just display fickle and mischievous minds that stands for nothing and believe in nothing enduringly.

How much of this money go lost in the pocket of "ghost elders" , considering that most who need these homes cannot leave their homes to go collect from wherever ?
silly thieving scheme. These Aregbesola people are not crazy , merely very smart at thinking up new, foolproof ways to steal money
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Kobojunkie: 1:47pm On Aug 07, 2012
Skmoda-360:

are they part of 9states of niger delta.

Osun does not have to be one of the 9 states to use oil money. Many States still depend to a huge proportion on monthly allocation from the Federal, that is why I said earlier that comparing this scheme to that in Zamfara state does not do it any good given that many of the schemes in places like Zamfara continue to depend, to a great deal, on 'Oil' money coming in and that is why not much else is accomplished in those states year after year.
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by ektbear: 1:54pm On Aug 07, 2012
sigh.

disappointment
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Beaf: 3:09pm On Aug 07, 2012
OmoLisabi: beaf oya talk about this, you freaking baastardddd with no intellectual or lineage values to cherish. olossssshi radaaradddda.

According to your commissioner, Oyinlola borrowed 18billion in in 4 years, but Aregbesola has already borrowed 7billion in one year plus to raise the debt profile to 25billion.

Lets even use Aregbesola's false 18billion figure. Borrowing at 7billion per year will put AregbeRASCALS borrowing at 28billion for four year, 10 whopping billion more than Oyinlola for the same period. Yet, how much does Osun generate and how can it survive outside awuf allocations?
Just agree that Aregbesola is a worthless governor and a political error.

The man is not just a lazy awuf luv'n phuck, but also a liar and teller of high stories, he is also a borrowing machine that is leading Osun to an unrecoverable position in the gallows. A man with zero imagination who lacks the mental comportment to and creativity to develop his state and make it independent of the beggarly monthly sums from Abuja.

Now, please call yourself "freaking baastardddd with no intellectual or lineage values to cherish."

Comedy! grin
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Beaf: 3:14pm On Aug 07, 2012
O'Elders!
O'Thieves!!
O'Yes!!!
O'Ga ooooooo!!!!

grin grin grin
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by mapet: 3:20pm On Aug 07, 2012
Until we stop the rent seeking arrangement we currently operate of, some states will continue to denigrade except the ones that are innovative enough to put in place a system to make states self sustaining, and take care of her citizens. We've made billionaires in governors who have stolen so blind and leaves no single legacy

But be that as it may, the money for the social scheme does not necessarily have to come from Oil money alone, it could come from taxes and royalties colllected by the state as part of the IGR
Kobojunkie:

Osun does not have to be one of the 9 states to use oil money. Many States still depend to a huge proportion on monthly allocation from the Federal, that is why I said earlier that comparing this scheme to that in Zamfara state does not do it any good given that many of the schemes in places like Zamfara continue to depend, to a great deal, on 'Oil' money coming in and that is why not much else is accomplished in those states year after year.
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Kobojunkie: 3:39pm On Aug 07, 2012
mapet: Until we stop the rent seeking arrangement we currently operate of, some states will continue to denigrade except the ones that are innovative enough to put in place a system to make states self sustaining, and take care of her citizens. We've made billionaires in governors who have stolen so blind and leaves no single legacy

But be that as it may, the money for the social scheme does not necessarily have to come from Oil money alone, it could come from taxes and royalties colllected by the state as part of the IGR

The more reason why it makes sense to ask where exactly funding is coming from rather than assume it is 'all good'. And this is reason why asking question of sustainability makes sense, among other things.
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by felifeli: 4:56pm On Aug 07, 2012
LOL . Bros Gbajue don gbano je again. Tie ti ba e.

grin grin

Gbawe:

Have you no shame at all or is deciet your middle name? You openly called this a "silly thieving scheme" !!!! How can you claim your negative, ungracious and uncouth "point" is then equal to the objective and balanced submissions of Aribisala0?

Bruv, it is not by force to talk when all people will see is a shameless and thoroughly dishonest attempt to shift the goal post. You were nothing but negative and uncomplementary about this scheme. Shame your previous post now disgraces this your attempt at 'objective poster' pretense.

I don't know why some of you cannot take positions, whether good or bad, and stick by it instead of this shameless perambulations that just display fickle and mischievous minds that stands for nothing and believe in nothing enduringly.

Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by olafolarin(m): 9:51pm On Aug 07, 2012
What most folks missed on this topic is the word "Most vulnerable"
Not all elders will be accommodated but the most vulnerable of them.Meaning those who have next to nothing.

Sustainability:

N16 Million welfare bill is definitely sustainable.E.g The Governor's security vote can be reduced to accommodate the amount.
The ongoing auditing of the state's workforce will definitely reduce the actual figure of the wagebill which will make it easier
to accommodate the N16 Million welfare bill.

This is a laudable project that will alleviate the suffering of the old and vulnerable.Aregbesola must have thought it through before
embarking on such a welfare package.
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Kobojunkie: 10:02pm On Aug 07, 2012
olafolarin:
Sustainability:

N16 Million welfare bill is definitely sustainable.E.g The Governor's security vote can be reduced to accommodate the amount.
The ongoing auditing of the state's workforce will definitely reduce the actual figure of the wagebill which will make it easier
to accommodate the N16 Million welfare bill.

Think about what this means "Fools argue issues while intellects discuss facts" -- where in the facts in what you have above?
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by olafolarin(m): 10:16pm On Aug 07, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Think about what this means "Fools argue issues while intellects discuss facts" -- where in the [b]facts [/b]in what you have above?

Fact is Security vote is always determined by the Governor.There is no budgetary or constitutional limitation to it.
OGD as Governor of Ogun state recieved N150 Million Security Vote while other Governors in ND still recieve more than N200Million as Security Vote.
State Of Osun's Security Vote can be reduced to accommodate the N16 Million elderly welfare package.

The aim of staff audit is to remove ghost workers thereby reducing the huge wage bill.Thats the fact.
This will give room for the state to expend the saved funds on this O'Elderly scheme.

Budget proposals of states are constantly being amended to accommodated expected and unexpected expenses.
State of Osun's budget can be amended to accommodate this welfare package.

I am certain that you are too intelligent to know all these except when you decide to be mischievous.
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Kobojunkie: 10:21pm On Aug 07, 2012
olafolarin:

Fact is Security vote is always determined by the Governor.There is no budgetary or constitutional limitation to it.
OGD as Governor of Ogun state recieved N150 Million Security Vote while other Governors in ND still recieve more than N200Million as Security Vote.
State Of Osun's Security Vote can be reduced to accommodate the N16 Million elderly welfare package.

The aim of staff audit is to remove ghost workers thereby reducing the huge wage bill.Thats the fact.
This will give room for the state to expend the saved funds on this O'Elderly scheme.

Budget proposals of states are constantly being amended to accommodated expected and unexpected expenses.
State of Osun's budget can be amended to accommodate this welfare package.

I am certain that you are too intelligent to know all these except when you decide to be mischievous.

I don't see what all this has to do with anything we are talking of here or what I asked you.

You made a statement about [b]THIS [/b]project here, and I asked you of [b]THIS [/b]project, but here you go yapping on about Security vote? What facts are you talking of? Or do you simply think that facts are any statements you tack the word "fact" to ?
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by dayokanu(m): 10:22pm On Aug 07, 2012
Beaf:

According to your commissioner, Oyinlola borrowed 18billion in in 4 years, but Aregbesola has already borrowed 7billion in one year plus to raise the debt profile to 25billion.

Lets even use Aregbesola's false 18billion figure. Borrowing at 7billion per year will put AregbeRASCALS borrowing at 28billion for four year, 10 whopping billion more than Oyinlola for the same period. Yet, how much does Osun generate and how can it survive outside awuf allocations?
Just agree that Aregbesola is a worthless governor and a political error.

The man is not just a lazy awuf luv'n phuck, but also a liar and teller of high stories, he is also a borrowing machine that is leading Osun to an unrecoverable position in the gallows. A man with zero imagination who lacks the mental comportment to and creativity to develop his state and make it independent of the beggarly monthly sums from Abuja.

Now, please call yourself "freaking baastardddd with no intellectual or lineage values to cherish."

Comedy! grin

This m0r0n is back again.

Oyinlola took 18b. Was osun State without debt pre-Oyinlola? Bastardddd?
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by naptu2: 10:26pm On Aug 07, 2012
Reminds me of my policy lecturer. Whenever he is grading assignments the first thing he looks for is "the policy document". We can only properly assess this policy if we see the policy document. Everything else is speculation.
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Beaf: 11:57pm On Aug 07, 2012
dayokanu:

This m0r0n is back again.

Oyinlola took 18b. Was osun State without debt pre-Oyinlola? Bastardddd?

According to your beloved clown AregbeRASCAL, Oyinlola borrowed 18billion over four years. I know you didn't understand a word of my analysis, cos you are little more than a caveman who is alarmingly retar'ded; so I'll try to make it simple (count your fingers and toes if it helps grin):

1. Oyinlola borrowed 18billa internally (according to AregbeRASACALS lies).
2. Oyinlola ruled for 4 years.
3. Therefore, Oyinlola's borrowing per year (according to AregbeRASACALS lies) was 18billa / 4 = 4.5billion

Are you still with me, or are you back to drinking sepe? Ok, lets go on...

4. ...But Osun state is currently owing 25billa internally, not 18billa.
5. Therefore, since Oyinlola left, Osun has borrowed 25billa - 18billa = 7billa
6. AregbeRASCAL has only been in office one year!
7. Therefore, AregbeRASCALS apparent internal borrowing is 7billion per year! Oti o! shocked shocked shocked

Broda, are you still with me or have you gone back to fighting like an NURTW operative? Good, lets continue.

8. Oyinlola does not dispute borrowing 18billa.
9. Oyinlola Has repeatedly challenged AregbeRASCAL with the fact that AregbeRASCAL met 8billa of the loan and has used it up. shocked shocked shocked

Agbedo! grin

By simple deduction...
10. AregbeRASCAL met 8billa borrowed money.
12. AregbeRASCAL borrowed an additional 7billa internally.
13. AregbeRASCAL has spent only 1 year in office.
14. [size=14pt]Therefore, AregbeRASCALS real internal borrowing per year is
8billa + 7billa = 15 billa!
[/size]
14. [size=14pt]Summarising, AregbeRASCALS real internal borrowing after 4 years will be
15 billa x 4 = 60billa!
[/size]

[size=14pt]Shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!! Oghene me biko o!
Gbagaun! Gbagaun!!
Kpuho! Kpuho!![/size]

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by Beaf: 12:04am On Aug 08, 2012
Since assuming office, AregbeRASCAL has been borrowing like its Christmas Day. All we ever hear from him is bullshiit and high stories; stuff like "50 billion World Bank funded massive dry season road construction across Osun state" (see more on that fiasco here: https://www.nairaland.com/914262/evidence-massive-dry-season-road)

These are all thinly veiled avenues for theft, even federal allocations are no longer enough for our very own Emperor of the State of Osun; he goes aborrowing around the Globe to fill his bottomless pockets. Right now, Osun is so heavily in debt that it would draw tears of bitter sorrow from the eyes of Lawrence Anini.

Who can imagine that while an oil producing state like Delta has only $15,785,110 (N2,554,030,798) in external debt; Aregbe's State of Osun has a whopping[b] $61,744,688 (N9,990,290,518.4)[/b]... Eye pop'n shiit! shocked
To further compound matters, the State of Osuns internal debt is a crisis the size of the cataclysm of Armageddon!

In Osun State, the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Chief Sunday Akere, said the state had a N25bn internal debt.

http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-kaduna-criver-ogun-oyo-top-foreign-debtors-list/

Now can I ask again...
Where is the money for Aregbe's latest episode of madness going to come from? Is it not better to invest his allocation awuf in the long suffering youth, in generating employment and industrialisation of the state?

[size=14pt]N9,990,290,518.4 is roughly 10billa, so that brings AregbeRASCALS total borrowing in a year to 25billion!!! shocked

Where will the money for the elderly folk come from?[/size]
Re: Aregbesola Announces 'O’Elders' N10,000 Monthly Allowance by gidson12(m): 9:38am On Aug 08, 2012
^^^ *faints*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Senator Dino Melaye Raises Alarm Over Fake Facebook Account / 2023 Presidency: No Difference Between APC And PDP - Akpabio / LASG Gives Update On The Construction Of The Fourth Mainland Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.