Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,105 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

Abakaliki In Pictures - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abakaliki In Pictures (37699 Views)

Abakaliki In Pictures / PHOTOS: Tragic Accident In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State / Banana Island In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by omodapson(m): 1:27pm On Aug 06, 2012
If these are the best Ebonyi can deliver for Abakaliki, then I am sad for the state capital. The pictures look like a glorified village. Sorry poster, but just being factual.
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by achi4u(m): 1:42pm On Aug 06, 2012
omodapson: If these are the best Ebonyi can deliver for Abakaliki, then I am sad for the state capital. The pictures look like a glorified village. Sorry poster, but just being factual.
This is not the main twon,most of this pic are taking from outskirts of the city.
Yes,the best is yet to come,atleast the master plan is aready in place.What we need now is a little polishing.
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by achi4u(m): 1:47pm On Aug 06, 2012
Sagytarius:

My guy bone! Nor be your camera fault. No camera can beat the Pixels of my eyes. Truth be told, A.I is way backward.
Then what are your suggestions and a possible way forward?
And pls don't forget to tell us where you come from

thank u
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by achi4u(m): 1:55pm On Aug 06, 2012
more

Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by achi4u(m): 2:03pm On Aug 06, 2012
v

Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by achi4u(m): 2:05pm On Aug 06, 2012
u

Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by toideve(m): 2:17pm On Aug 06, 2012
everywhere reddish
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by achi4u(m): 2:20pm On Aug 06, 2012
gr

Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by bashr8: 2:23pm On Aug 06, 2012
first of all you need to use a better camera. what kind of rubbish cheap camera are u using to snap these photos ?its an eye sore abeg stop your disgracing ebonyi eople , give it up.
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by achi4u(m): 2:23pm On Aug 06, 2012
flowers

Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by achi4u(m): 2:27pm On Aug 06, 2012
bashr8: first of all you need to use a better camera. what kind of rubbish cheap camera are u using to snap these photos ?its an eye sore abeg stop your disgracing ebonyi eople , give it up.
Noted bro.
The pix na fvckup sha though am using gsm.
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by otokx(m): 2:45pm On Aug 06, 2012
The pictures are ok, but the place looks like its for retired people in their 90s
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by chidexy(m): 4:40pm On Aug 06, 2012
@achi4u, good job you are doing so far. Maybe shining the light on the city will cause the powers that be to wake up to more of their responsibilities. The essence of posting the picture, while aiming to showcase the city, should also be to see how far the city has come from where it was before it was made the state capital. Good job

@Sagytarius, hope you enjoyed your time at Okposi, the stone age notwithstanding
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by Sagytarius(m): 5:02pm On Aug 06, 2012
chidexy:

@Sagytarius, hope you enjoyed your time at Okposi, the stone age notwithstanding

Bro, no enjoyment o. It only made me turn military.
Tough survival in the Jungle.
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by YoursGEJ(m): 5:14pm On Aug 06, 2012
i've been to abakaliki a few times. One of the most underdeveloped places in southern nigeria.
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by Sagytarius(m): 5:23pm On Aug 06, 2012
achi4u: Then what are your suggestions and a possible way forward?

Answer:

chidexy: ....Maybe shining the light on the city will cause the powers that be to wake up to more of their responsibilities.

And pls don't forget to tell us where you come from

Never mind
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by FACE(m): 5:42pm On Aug 06, 2012
[b][/b]
Sagytarius: I attended FGC Okposi because it was(according to my Dad) among the first Unity schools in Nigeria. Believe me, I cried each time I returned to school on resumption dates. Why? The community were still living the'Stone Age!'. I decided to tour A.I (as it is popularly called) for consolatory sight-seeing. Lo and behold, it was no better than what have been uploaded. Abraka looks better than A.I.

In general, Ebonyi as a State is a failure!

Your dad gave you wrong information about when that school was established and you still went through the school without finding out when your school was established. Your school was established by the FG at about the same time that Ebonyi state was created. Govt College Afikpo should be the oldest sec school in Ebonyi.

@post:

Ebonyi state is coming up gradually and I hope that other Eastern states help Ebonyi(Selves) to come up. The roads look good but have the legendary martian dust trademark synonymous with Enugu Axis. Your houses also look good and modern.

It is a shame that past military governors killed off all our state owned industries in the east. Nkalagu cement was the first cement factory in Nigeria and it was established by the great Okpara; that factory was the bed rock of eastern Nigeria development. Your governor should try and bring that factory back to life. You guys probably produce the most food in eastern Nigeria and you produce rice and yams in commercial quantity from Afikpo to Abakiliki to Ezza.

I heard that your state governor is battling with rice producers/millers in A.I at the moment because he wants to force them into a corner without providing adequate facilities for the rice mills. I think he needs to have a rethink and not forcefully relocate the livewire of the state with no intention to strengthen them.

The brutal clashes between communities in your state need to be sorted out or ruthlessly dealth with by your state government as they are counter productive.

Finally, Ebonyi is our treasure in Ala Igbo and we must join hands to empower and bring out the best in Ebonyi. Ndi Igbo Kwenu !

1 Like

Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by omamokta: 6:06pm On Aug 06, 2012
Good pitch indeed, used only for political rallies. Ebony angels is dead nd buried. smh
achi4u: good pitch
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by JimmyBoy1: 6:16pm On Aug 06, 2012
Sorry poster, I will not join you to pat the back of the administrators of this state. The picture does not look like what a state should look like in 2012
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by achi4u(m): 6:32pm On Aug 06, 2012
All is well with A.i
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by Sagytarius(m): 7:14pm On Aug 06, 2012
FACE: Your dad gave you wrong information about when that school was established and you still went through the school without finding out when your school was established. Your school was established by the FG at about the same time that Ebonyi state was created. Govt College Afikpo should be the oldest sec school in Ebonyi.

Would you rather argue with your dad at the age of 11?

And of course, you are wrong. Maybe you didnt get my point.
...the Infrastructure as a federal institution is as old as 1963 or so, when Nig was still operating in Regions. It was the Fed govt sch established for the defunct Eastern region. Courtesy of Dr Aja Nwachukwu, the pioneer minister of Education who happens to hail from Okposi.

I stand to be corrected though.
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by achi4u(m): 7:22pm On Aug 06, 2012
more

Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by spyder880(m): 7:27pm On Aug 06, 2012
I have not forgotten my promise to load a few more pictures of Ebonyi state later this night.

I think we ought to tell it the way it really is, maybe our leaders will be ashamed and decide to do more.

These kind of pictures are our own way of giving our leaders some feedback about their performance, if they dont like what we show they can make it better. Ebonyi is good, it will get better still.

1 Like

Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by achi4u(m): 7:31pm On Aug 06, 2012
I think I've learnt my lesson
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 06, 2012
abdulkayus: Even their governor chief Elechi dont usually stay in Abakaliki, he is always goin to Enugu almost every day after work. And it seem ebonyi ppl are d least industrious among d ndigbo.
I heard dat too...dat elechi resides in enugu.
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 06, 2012
Aside low federal allocation,Ebonyi state hs nt enjoyed good governance. Ebonyi ppl shuld be more aggressive come next election. Coz i heard d present deputy hs interest in ruling d state. And frm stories d deputy is even worse than elechi. Ebonyi needs a young blood. However ebonyi is a virgin land for investment...business minded ppl wuld easily notice this and seize d opportunities
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by achi4u(m): 7:46pm On Aug 06, 2012
I wonder why the good section of my pictures refuses to upload.

Ndi network bikonu

Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by achi4u(m): 7:53pm On Aug 06, 2012
centje: Aside low federal allocation,Ebonyi state hs nt enjoyed good governance. Ebonyi ppl shuld be more aggressive come next election. Coz i heard d present deputy hs interest in ruling d state. And frm stories d deputy is even worse than elechi. Ebonyi needs a young blood. However ebonyi is a virgin land for investment...business minded ppl wuld easily notice this and seize d opportunities
you seems to know our major problem know,that his deputy is even worst than Elechi.
We are praying to God to come and rescue his children come 2015.
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by flexygift(m): 8:26pm On Aug 06, 2012
I wonder...oo u slap everywhere but there was no pressco junction,CHS or even isi eke...also which type of phone are u using 2 snap this?
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by OmoTier1(m): 8:53pm On Aug 06, 2012
Seeing these pictures, I weep for Ebonyi angry And can someone answer me why in the East, even in their "so called rich men quarters" they always build tall houses that are ugly, have no architectural taste, and adds no beauty to the skyline angry

At least as someone who has been to and lived in these Eastern states; Anambra, Imo, Abia, Rivers, Enugu, I know what I am talking about! But when I travel through places like Benin, especially in their G.R.A, my eyes are full with architectural beauties.
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by spyder880(m): 10:06pm On Aug 06, 2012
I travelled the road from Ishiagu through Uburu to Abakaliki and filed these pictures of the road and conditions of things. Enjoy.

Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by spyder880(m): 10:08pm On Aug 06, 2012
road project ongoing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Onitsha Port And Baro Port Can't Function For Now (Photos) / The Deplorable State Of Carter Bridge In Lagos State (Photo) / British Airways Sacks Hostess Behind Racist Rant Against Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.