Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State (51124 Views)

Recent Journeys Between Lagos And Osogbo, Osun State / Serious Fire Outbreak @ Atakumosa Market In Ilesa Osun State / Oshogbo Is Middle Belt. Discuss. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Faheedat: 7:57pm On Sep 01, 2012
Wow my Lovely State... Proudly Omoluabi
Ogbeni Rauf carry go ooooooooooooooo jare
Osun ko ni baje rara
May the almighty Allah give you enough strength to carry us to the promised Land
Kudos to the Action Governor
Weldone sir

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by GNature(m): 7:58pm On Sep 01, 2012
Nice pictures of oshogbo. I hope to visit one day.

Follow link below for pictures of the golf resort at Ada, Osun State.

http://www.ogheneworoakara.com/1050/pictures-of-miccom-golf-hotel-resort-ada-osun-state/

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by alexola20(m): 8:07pm On Sep 01, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 01, 2012
ibis: @ pauljohn. Im going to Oshogbo tomorrow to buy arts and crafts for my interior decor store.
Can you assist with where i can shop for pottery, paintings, beadwork, textiles, adire, aso oke etc. at good prices?
A cheap hotel i can stay in?
Where i can get a bus to oshogbo from lagos?
The best way to move atd oshogbo.

Thanks. Pls its urgent.
if u want to get all d things u listed there,go to ife,@ oau conference centre,dey have everything u listed there and trust me its beautiful.there are a lota creative artist there.i served in osogbo som 4 yrs back,osogbo is a beautiful place but its fast bcomin populated and rowdy like lagos.lol.i remember d club there where we used to go,its called ripples.but its now been taken over by prostitutes
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Nairastake: 8:11pm On Sep 01, 2012
[b]Oh! I 4got. The house rent and lands are cheap. U can get a room of 800naira/mnth. Though mine is 18k/yr which will cost me not less than 70k in Enugu. And a land in site goes for 250k. Outskirt, u can get a land as cheap as 50k inside dis capital city. Reason being under development. Check out,
therez abt 3&half or less universities here. UniOsun which was scattered in2 more than three locations, O.A.U co owned with Ondo, LAUTH, and Fountain University. I always mention Enugu cuz is my base. Enugu has over 30 Universities/Polythecnics.
Is in Osun state that I first saw a grandmother of Age 29yrs, am being honest here. A boy of 15yrs (that looks to me as if he's 12) once raped a girl in a private school. The teachers fear too much that they hardly punish students, reason being that most of them come to school with charm. Yes! I've witnessed it. A grand woman of upto 90yrs came to our school topless jst to set her eyes on a corper that punished her grand child. (You can tell her mission more than I). They're gud in that area. They're also gud in pregnating under-age girls. The girls charm corpers with whateva they rub on their faces. The rate of under age girls getting pregnant is 90% here. U hardly see a girl above 20 without a child. Am sorry when I say that finding a neat chick here is like trecking from zamfara to Enugu. Any neat girl u meet on the way must surely be a corper.[/b]
I will upload my own version of pics later.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by deeplow: 8:12pm On Sep 01, 2012
Remii: you no see my secondary school to take pictures? Fakunle Comprehensive High School, Osogbo

Are u sure u are not d remi that I used to flog(as a corper) for coming to school in dirty clothes and aving an empty brain?*just kidding".
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by SamAfrik(m): 8:12pm On Sep 01, 2012
I just wish Osun wld sieze to be a civil service state & become industralized. The SW economic integration plan must not be mere words but productive. The state is still lagging behind Ogun & Oyo. SW region must pursue vigorous devpt 4 d good of Nigeria.
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 01, 2012
I̶̲̥̅̊ didn't notice any big deal from those pictures. Come to Aba in Abia state and view wonders.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by kelvincoll(m): 8:13pm On Sep 01, 2012
sambos994: This is exactly why PDP must go.

Ever been to Akwaibom, Calabar, enugu etc? Still same PdP. It's not d game now but d players to be blamed!!

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by amiskurie(m): 8:21pm On Sep 01, 2012
Heyy,can u pls take a trip down to my town too cos I knw its just some minutes drive.IKIRUN is the name of my hometown.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Nairastake: 8:34pm On Sep 01, 2012
Paul John: @Nairastake
You're correct about some of the things you highlighted.
You're comparing Oshogbo to some other cities in Nigeria, isn't that unfair? The state was cropped out of Oyo 1991. And I'll tell you that states created that same year or after are not many that beat Osun, not talking of oil producing states. So please spare the state.

I know most of you guys that blame Aregbe and criticizes most of his moves, isn't it because he didn't give people space to chop money any how? cheesy my bro get used to him. I'm sure you're one of those peeps who praises the former guy(Oyinlola), because he spends lavishly grin

Actually bro am fan to nø one. I dnt even knw Oyinola, am I can say he did worst for I didn't see any new development from past govs. Am not I compared the gud nd bad but the thing is that Enugu was created from Anambra State on 27th Aug 1991, same year as osun and is not oil producing state neither is Anambra until day b4 yesterday. Tell urself the truth, Aregbe is not it. That o'yes is politics. Do you knw that he is retiring high earning civil servants whn have worked so hard to get where they are only to be denied the fruit of their labour just because of a Gov that wants to use their salary to pay hundreds of thousands of o'yes members for election purposes. Am not from dis state but I have to say the truth when I see one.
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by rhymz(m): 8:49pm On Sep 01, 2012
Nice pictures @poster
would like you to balance the pictures of the places in oshogbo. And also leave something like a commentry or anecdote just like spyder88 does in the Enugu thread. Also, we like to see residential areas, market places, estates, parks if there are, on going work, places of attraction, dungeons, places you want Government to improve on and so on. . . . The thread is nice and the pictures are great. By the way my twin brother is presently serving in Osun state. He says they have got one of the best NYSC camps in Naija. He was posted to olode, says the place can be cold. He says they do a lot of juju there and they have very fine young girls. . Lol. .something he fancies.
In general, I think he likes the place though.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by dayotheone(m): 8:51pm On Sep 01, 2012
Osun state is very peace , with regular light and with lovely people , there is never a risky life in osun compare to lagos

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by PaulJohn1: 8:57pm On Sep 01, 2012
Nairastake: [b]Oh! I 4got. The house rent and lands are cheap. U can get a room of 800naira/mnth. Though mine is 18k/yr which will cost me not less than 70k in Enugu. And a land in site goes for 250k. Outskirt, u can get a land as cheap as 50k inside dis capital city. Reason being under development. Check out,
therez abt 3&half or less universities here. UniOsun which was scattered in2 more than three locations, O.A.U co owned with Ondo, LAUTH, and Fountain University. I always mention Enugu cuz is my base. Enugu has over 30 Universities/Polythecnics.
Is in Osun state that I first saw a grandmother of Age 29yrs, am being honest here. A boy of 15yrs (that looks to me as if he's 12) once raped a girl in a private school. The teachers fear too much that they hardly punish students, reason being that most of them come to school with charm. Yes! I've witnessed it. A grand woman of upto 90yrs came to our school topless jst to set her eyes on a corper that punished her grand child. (You can tell her mission more than I). They're gud in that area. They're also gud in pregnating under-age girls. The girls charm corpers with whateva they rub on their faces. The rate of under age girls getting pregnant is 90% here. U hardly see a girl above 20 without a child. Am sorry when I say that finding a neat chick here is like trecking from zamfara to Enugu. Any neat girl u meet on the way must surely be a corper.[/b]
I will upload my own version of pics later.

Bro you're very very wrong this time.
Here are the list of Universities in Osun

OAU-Ife(A federal school, only owned by Osun)
Bowen University-Iwo
JABU
Foutain University-Oshogbo
Redeemers University(Moving to Ede from Ogun State)
Open University-Oshogbo
Uni Osun- Scartered all over
Adeleke University- Ede
Kings University- along Gbangan(to be opened this september)
Lautech- Oyo and Osun
Nursing school- Oshogbo
Can't be listing polythecnics and colleges of Education
Please don't say what u don't know.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Dainfamous: 9:06pm On Sep 01, 2012
not bad!!
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Yinkay: 9:26pm On Sep 01, 2012
Osogbo Oroki Asala....Ilu Aro(Home of dyeing) a city reknown for its dyeing,arts and culture industry. The location where the Yoruba army finally truncated the Fulani expansionist ambition.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by mexxy1(m): 9:27pm On Sep 01, 2012
I didn't want to comment but, let me just say that I served in Ifetedo, Ife South LGA of Osun State between 2009 to 2010 & the power supply was as stable as it is today if not better so pls do not attribute that to the government in power.
My assessment of the people & the area especially Ifetedo where I was is,
1. Calm & peaceful
2. Hardly give strangers anything for free but welcoming
3. Poor roads
4. Underdeveloped generally, but, honestly I'll loved it. Reason is simple- serene environment
5. Very cheap foodstuff and lots of fruits
6. Poor healthcare system while I was there
7. Electricity? Best I've experienced of the places I've visited or lived.
8. First place I lived and NEVER heard of an incident of stealing in d community till I left
Finally, I enjoyed my stay while I served & when I have the time, I'll sure visit the state again and again and again especially Ifetedo- I MISS THAT TOWN

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by presegsADESIDA(m): 9:32pm On Sep 01, 2012
D sage: The last time I went to Osun-State, the power supply in the area I stayed was like 19/24hrs daily. The state is also peaceful.

You are kinda correct as it is really boosting my ONLINE BIZ.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by IbroSaunks(m): 9:43pm On Sep 01, 2012
I schooled in Osogbo and to me it still sucks...at least compared to Lag. There are a lot of stuff I would want to buy that I simply won't find, stuff I would definitely find in Lag. Also some parts of Osogbo are pretty messed up, in fact most parts are! It's amazing the city is a state capital!
The 1 thing though, that I can say I genuinely loved about Osogbo was the cost of transportation. It's way cheaper than in Lag, seriously!
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Antivirus92(m): 9:45pm On Sep 01, 2012
Is that a city or a prison yard? And who is boasting of this desert?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Sike(m): 9:47pm On Sep 01, 2012
Cool

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Ibro27: 9:48pm On Sep 01, 2012
I'm from the great Osun state, but I was born and brought up in Zaria, Kaduna state. I was in EDE osun state in 2010 when I was serving in Kogi state. I wish to visit EDE next year by God Grace.
God bless EDE, Osun & Nigeria at large.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 01, 2012
Hmnn I can see that the OP forgot to mention the Great City ILE-IFE haba you cant talk about Osun state without referring to Ife now at times i even mistake Ife for the capital of Osun state lol. So far my stay stay as a student has been very wonderful i'l miss Ife so much when i finally leave...For those of you that are yet to visit Osun state i will advice you to check out Erin Ijesa water fall, Osun groove, OAU natural museum, Ile Ife museum etcetra...Osun state is a very peaceful place and the people there are very nice.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by rashypep(m): 9:58pm On Sep 01, 2012
PROUDLY OSUN BOI.. ILU OMOLUABI, ILU TI O N DAN FUN WARA ATI OYIN.... OSUN A GBE WA OOO!!!

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by hatari: 10:22pm On Sep 01, 2012
may God bless nigeria and oshogbo state

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 01, 2012
The major roads show in these pictures were constructed by PDP government The Ogo Oluwa road and Osogbo grammar school road. They are not the achievements of ACN ok

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by luq4u(m): 10:41pm On Sep 01, 2012
In the next few years after the completion of the on going project, ipinleomoluabi ll become new haven

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by lukkie(m): 10:44pm On Sep 01, 2012
The city looks clean. Oyo state (esp Ibadan) has a lot to learn from them.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by hakeem4shi(m): 10:52pm On Sep 01, 2012
Keneking: The city is notorious with selling plaintain chips, bush meat, pure water, fruits and ewedu soup. Their gals are not usually clean, I mean dirty bras-s. No five star hotels.
I wonder how ur state wiLl look like,and if u are bold enough ,mention your hometown...we are proud of what we have and what we became in how many years of creation. Omo Erin Oke ni mere! Proudly Omoluabi!

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Dawdy(m): 11:12pm On Sep 01, 2012
I'm proud of my state, Osun, Ogbeni is working, Osun is getting better.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Lady Delivers Message To Everyone Planning To Move To America1 / Car Falls Into River, Lady Survives, Many Dead (Graphic Photos) / Hilarious Warning Sign At A Zoo In Abeokuta (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.