Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,668 members, 7,959,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 09:21 AM

Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State (51613 Views)

Recent Journeys Between Lagos And Osogbo, Osun State / Serious Fire Outbreak @ Atakumosa Market In Ilesa Osun State / Oshogbo Is Middle Belt. Discuss. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by medecai(m): 3:53pm On Sep 02, 2012
@ paul john, Good job bro! You are certainly at home with inner-self!! These pictures have relaxed my stressed veins after 8-hr marathon job!!!

Can someone help give us Owerri, Calabar, Bauchi too, pls?
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Afam4eva(m): 4:41pm On Sep 02, 2012
Is this thread aimed at highlighting the development strides of Aregbesola or is just a general picture of Osogbo?

Osogbo looks peaceful and liveable but it's really no different from cities like Ado-Ekiti, Abakaliki, Abeokuta and Umuahia.
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Cleanman(m): 7:26pm On Sep 02, 2012
Osogbo is a nice place!,so peaceful...ppl love and have high regards for each other..not a fan of politics bt i must point out that ogbeni Aregbesola is doing a great job..about the electricity,we have close to 24hrs non interrupted power supply(abeg no loud am).lolz,come visit if u have gud motive..@God bless the state of the virtuous.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by checklots: 8:30pm On Sep 02, 2012
Ordinarily, Ogbeni Aregbesola would not disappoint his people by giving them the same treatment they got from the previous government in the state.The man has a great task ahead of him to convince his people that it is not business as usual. Keep it up!
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Nairastake: 8:30pm On Sep 02, 2012
afam4eva: Is this thread aimed at highlighting the development strides of Aregbesola or is just a general picture of Osogbo?

My brother ask am o... I was banned yesterday cuz I said the truth about Aregbe. He has done nothing! There has always been light, good roads in osogbo b4 Aregbe. All he's doing is on secondary school yet no improvement in the part of the students. He retires high earning civil servants and use the money to pay O'yes members 10k/month.

PS: Am frm Anambra State, and supports no one. Jst sayin wat am seein here.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 02, 2012
Thanks OP for this post and for you and others on all the pictures.

Osogbo has dramatically improved from the days when we used to drive through her to get to Ikirun, this was in the early 80s. My Father was a Branch manager for Cooperative Bank in Ikirun and my Mother was a school principal for one of the primary schools there.

I am looking forward to pictures of other cities such as this. I really don't care to see Lagos or Abuja personally.
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Jarus(m): 10:47pm On Sep 02, 2012
My mum is from Osun. I also had my university education in Osun.
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Olayinkaoj(m): 11:29pm On Sep 02, 2012
Silverstonnes:
'The state govt of osun' is neither sacking teachers nor employing new ones. A great number of them is retiring/ av retired dz year and their spaces are yet to be filled. My roommate then told me of a school where she did her Tp that has no physics, chemistry and biology teachers and the students sat for wasce and Neco.
Not all the o'yes teachers are qualified 2 teach and funny enough, most of these so called 'unemployed youths' are not jobless that's why they go to skul whenever they have time to teach what they don't know!
For your info, primary school pupils have always been fed. Oyinlola started it d diff is oyinlola unlike aregbesola is not a propagandist so he didn't shout it. And mind u, those pupils weren't fed for a whole term after oyinlola left for whatever reason i'm not interested in!

All I know is that this government is better than the PDP one. At least, there is room for free interactions, Fafa Banana is no more selling teaching appointment slots in SUBEB, Omotara is no more collecting N1m per LG from d 30 LG of d state, Farounbi and is daughter are no more doing as if someone else can't or is not qualified to hold post, SAS of today is not being used to hunt opposition but rather law violators if there is a word like that. Osun is moving forward

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by kross01(m): 2:35am On Sep 03, 2012
please @ op in as much i'm not saying that the present administration is not performing, but most of the structures in the uploaded pictures had been there before the present ACN administration took over, and some were nearing completion. and as for the power, i served in that state before oyinlola left and it was that good, even better in rural areas. lets not always lend credence to some of our funny politicians propaganda machinery.
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by rhymz(m): 8:50am On Sep 03, 2012
The Moderators here should not use their podition here to stiffle opposition posts, I have noticed one of the moderators threatening to ban anyone that posts anything that is opposing or draws attention away from Osun state.
That can not be accepted o. Thesame preference was not shown in the Enugu thread or the one about Onitsha Market aribisala plagued with his disease, posting rubbish and derailing the thread. If in the face of all the nonsense non-supporters of those thread posted you did not ban or removed their posts, then this one should not be any different. Everyone can not have something good to say, if they want to criticize let them, that is the whole essence of forum discussions, exchange ideas-the good, the nad and the ugly, you as moderators dont have to like it but you must defend their right to post it. Simple
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 03, 2012
The Gov is really trying but he hasnt commissioned any project since the inception of his administration. All the goods roads and the secretariat posted were past administrations projects. Ogbeni is working on many projects that would add value to the state but all are still ongoings. Just stop misleading people; am very sure that the person that uploaded those pictures doesnt live in Osogbo. i can remember when Ogbeni was celebrating one in office, he didnt mention those as his achievements. So, i want you guys to convince me. When did he start and commisioned all these projects.
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by olaezebala: 11:19am On Sep 03, 2012
oga poster infact u over try. U de post picture of Gbongan Ibadan road that was commissioned by Oyinlola as the part of the good things Ogbeni added to the state.Please don't mislead people that are not in the state. I was in Osogbo in July and all can see is a state in a sorry mood. Lot of unnecessary demolition in the name of road expansion. Please, wait till Ogbeni starts commissioning his over priced project and stop uploading pictures of projects commissioned by ur suppose failed pdp. Moderators, u are free to ban me ooooooooooooooooo
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 03, 2012
About SAS; has your sister come back home to tell you how the SAS officers asked the an okada man to suck her breast in broad day light? Has your brother tell you how he was molested? We cant move forward with all these. They did something like that in Ibadan but didnt last long cos group of lawyers stood up againt them. Wake up, this is slavery,
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by salt1: 11:30am On Sep 03, 2012
Cleanman: Osogbo is a nice place!,so peaceful...ppl love and have high regards for each other..not a fan of politics bt i must point out that ogbeni Aregbesola is doing a great job..about the electricity,we have close to 24hrs non interrupted power supply(abeg no loud am).lolz,come visit if u have gud motive..@God bless the state of the virtuous.

I like all that I hear about Osun but I still wonder why the incredible power supply does not translate to an entrepreneurial spirit.
90% of the taxi drivers in Port Harcourt are from Osun State. You can tell. They keep pronouncing Amaechi, the governor's name, as Amisi.
Is there nothing else they can do beyond driving taxis?
No local industries even with all the light? Government cannot do everything. Give Aba the light they have in Osogbo and you will see wonders.
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 03, 2012
Jarus: My mum is from Osun. I also had my university education in Osun.

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Jarus(m): 5:43pm On Sep 03, 2012
oyb:

Wetin?
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 03, 2012
I wonder the part of oshogbo these pics where taken. I guess the government house area.
The state is a dead place. No offence please.
Where are the mud houses that are there.
The capital is not even worth being a LGA.
My opinion please.
But the gOod thing about the place is the good road.
alaoeri: And they say osogbo is creek, so fine place even they there.
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Wasbayd: 9:25pm On Sep 03, 2012
victorD3: RUBBISH!! Is this a state??

I will like to know which state you're from, maybe see the picture of your village or town.
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 16, 2013
hello

am so glad to find people discussing about osogbo. I want to know how much it will cost me to travel from abuja to osogbo. I will be attending a conference in july 2013, therefore i want to start preparing for it now.*update* which transport company goes directly and what is the average cost of accomodation over their
Thanks
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by chirpywest(m): 11:15pm On Jan 16, 2013
Wasbayd:

I will like to know which state you're from, maybe see the picture of your village or town.
Poor oshogbo, why do we alwaz like to promote something that has no meaning? Today its oshogbo, tomorrow its owerri, next its uyo, are those governors voted in for embezzlement or work? Next I will read this type of nonsense I will tell justwise to close this trend cos all these things are rubbish. Don't u ever try to promote all these good for nothing governors of Nigeria. I hope they also travel and see what other countries are doing and here they will not do anything and u guys will be singing praise here @nairaland.@all seeking to relocate to oshogbo, get urselves life to live and I guess u guys are not exposed at all. Don't ask me my state cos am not even happy with the level of development in Nigeria generally.
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by londoner: 8:57am On Jan 17, 2013
Looks okay to me.

I wonder though, when someone creates a thread on places such as Oshogbo, Enugu, Ekiti,Uyo etc, people rush in and gush for pages about how lovely the place was/is and how they wish to go back there.

They also go on about how clean and friendly the place is and how constant the electricity is.....and has been for years.

I have one question.....How come, people at ALL other times go on about there being "no good electricity supply in Nigeria", how according to them, "no place is safe"? That notion goes unchallenged it seems......why is that?

If you know from experience there are places in Nigeria that you have experienced good things.......why wait for another person to create a thread, before you share those positive experiences and information with the doubting Thomases and those of us who are constantly bombarded with negative things about Nigeria in its entirety?

People who have something good to say about any part of Nigeria, please speak up when people deny the existence of the good you are attesting to.

Its makes me glad that every corner of Nigeria is being spoken of in a positive light.....people are beginning to look fondly on various states and citied in Nigeria.

It is encouraging to day the least.....kudos to those who are creatinmg these threads.
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Nobody: 12:08am On Mar 20, 2013
.bye
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by pheela: 8:25pm On Oct 31, 2014
Please I have been posted to osun state gor nysc, I need to get the distance from lagos to ede where the orientation camp is located. And where I can pick a bus from lagos.
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 17, 2015
Gudmawni beauttiful pple in d auce,
Is dere anybody residing around dat testting ground or ota-efun area of Osoogbo? Pls I just want to comfirm if dere is any coca-cola mini depot around those area.
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by amun444999: 1:06am On Oct 26, 2015
Looking for accomodation 1 room/ self contain in osun. Flexible with location but Osogbo is fine too.
Please contact me on 09053534029 or amun444999@gmail.com
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Uchemadun: 7:05am On Feb 14, 2017
lightheart:
Osogbo,
D land I served my fadaland,
D land of 'koropes'
D land where I got a taste
of constant electricity in 9ja
D land of plenty hotels
Cool and fun-loving people....

I really enjoyed my stay there, d hotels and hang-outs try
Ripples, Abegi, Royal Spring, Angle90.... Dem yakpa. I miss dat town

I was just posted to osun
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Basic123: 9:30pm On Nov 29, 2017
samfibby:
Been to this city twice, quite clean and peaceful. And the people are just 2 friendly and welcoming, a prefrence to ibadan in so many ways. Pls, keep it up.
which part of Ibadan because you will pich 15 osogbo In Ibadan alone!
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Aleora(f): 11:35pm On Sep 12, 2018
sambum:
i stay in osogbo n these roads r jst a tip of d iceberg..jst d entrance in abere n olaiya.And osun state ws created Aug 27 1991 nd nt as stated above..
please do you still stay in oshogbo I have few questions to ask
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Ayobami7(m): 9:20am On Nov 14, 2018
This is my Comment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dispatch Rider Thrills Motorists On 3rd Mainland Bridge: Pictures & Video / Top Ten Clubs You Must Visit In South East Nigeria (photos) / Car Wash Attendant Crashes A Client’s Benz On His Way To Get Soap In Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.