Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Oshiomole Hails PDP's Decision To Withdraw Election Petition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomole Hails PDP's Decision To Withdraw Election Petition (4928 Views)

Rivers Election Petition Tribunal – LIVE UPDATES / Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja / APC Stage Speaker Mistakenly Hails PDP Twice After Her Speech On Stage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomole Hails PDP's Decision To Withdraw Election Petition by karlmax2: 8:20am On Aug 07, 2012
PDP refrains from challenging Oshiomhole’s victory
The People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in Edo State has resolved not to challenge the results of the July 14 governorship elections which returned Comrade Adams Oshiomhole as the elected governor of Edo State.

Mr. Oshiomhole of the Action Congress on Nigeria (ACN) won a landslide victory in the election winning in all the 18 Local Government Areas of the state.

The PDP in a statement signed by the state chairman, Chief Dan Osih Orbih, indirectly admitted defeat but alleged that the ruling Action Congress of Nigeria manipulated the result.

“While every genuine member of the party worked hard to win the election they can deduce that the ACN resorted to intimidation and manipulated the process to their fullest advantage” the statement alleged.

Though discounting the result of the election as “ridiculous and completely at variance with rational reasoning and human expectations”, the PDP declared that following wide consultations with the party leadership within and outside the state, “it has resolved not to file any petition at the Election Petition Tribunal in the interest of the state.”

According to the statement, the party vowed to continue and remain steadfast and won’t be discouraged by setbacks as this election defeat may just be a stepping stone to a future victory.

Also referring to the murder of the Governor Oshiomhole’s private secretary, Mr. Olaitan Oyerinde and the convoy crash that killed three journalists prior to the elections; the party requested a reply from the governor who accused PDP’s leaders of being behind the incidents.

Citing the prompt renaming of Delta Crescent where its national leader resides after the late Olaitan Oyerinde, the party stated that “it has strived to maintain peace in the state despite severe provocation.”

Right direction

Reacting to the PDP’s decision not to challenge his re-election, the Governor of Edo State, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, described the move as a step in the right direction and called on the opposition party to join his government.

“I wish to extend my hand of fellowship to all men of goodwill to join hands with government to move the state to the next level, because, despite all the successes recorded in the last three and half years, Edo state is still work-in-progress” the Governor said.

“I look forward to more collaboration between my government, other political parties and interests in the state” he added.

In a very surprising move, the governor also extended his hands of friendship to the PDP national leader in the state, who he has always over the years lampooned. “I want to restate my full respect for the PDP leader, Chief Tony Anenih, whom I hold and will continue to hold in high respects.”

The olive branch was also extended to the PDP’s candidate who he defeated at the polls.

“I also wish to assure the PDP Candidate, Major-General Charles Airhiavbere (Rtd) whom I regard as a friend, that now that we have put the elections behind us, my doors are open so that together, we may lift our state to the high level where it should be.

On questions asked about the allegations over the murder of his private secretary, the governor declined to respond saying, “I however wish to state that other issues raised by the PDP will be commented on, on another occasion.”

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/08/06/pdp-refrains-from-challenging-oshiomholes-victory/
Re: Oshiomole Hails PDP's Decision To Withdraw Election Petition by RichDad1(m): 9:30am On Aug 07, 2012
Why Won't they? Unless they want dangote to stop bankrolling their Party cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Oshiomole Hails PDP's Decision To Withdraw Election Petition by Sijo01(f): 3:24pm On Aug 07, 2012
As i type this, the petition filed by the pdp candidate is displayed at the notice board in the tribunal office........though the party has disasociated itself from his action.
Re: Oshiomole Hails PDP's Decision To Withdraw Election Petition by brownlord: 3:35pm On Aug 07, 2012
the only problem i have with this PDP bastards is they keep recruiting nuisance and illiterate into their party exco thereby forcing them to make foolish decision at the end resulting to inhouse problem, bunch of criminals
Re: Oshiomole Hails PDP's Decision To Withdraw Election Petition by LORDEST(m): 3:39pm On Aug 07, 2012
Cool
Re: Oshiomole Hails PDP's Decision To Withdraw Election Petition by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 07, 2012
Wish there is no KPEE.DE.KPEE in Nigeria already. Foolish ppl.
Re: Oshiomole Hails PDP's Decision To Withdraw Election Petition by Elueme: 4:10pm On Aug 07, 2012
The hallmark of statesmanship.. I hope these nitwits that call themselves ACN will learn from what patriotism mean..PDP leading the way for a vibrant Nigeria
Re: Oshiomole Hails PDP's Decision To Withdraw Election Petition by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 07, 2012
Elueme: The hallmark of statesmanship.. I hope these nitwits that call themselves ACN will learn from what patriotism mean..PDP leading the way for a vibrant Nigeria
did u actually read what u typed before posting? Ok I guess its the other way round! Pdp has failed and will continue to be a failure.come 2015 Pdp will surely kiss nigerian democracy goodbye.there will be no space for them to rule nigeria!
Re: Oshiomole Hails PDP's Decision To Withdraw Election Petition by chmod777: 4:24pm On Aug 07, 2012
berem: did u actually read what u typed before posting? Ok I guess its the other way round! Pdp has failed and will continue to be a failure.come 2015 Pdp will surely kiss nigerian democracy goodbye.there will be no space for them to rule nigeria!
My brother there are other states not governed by PDP. What makes the difference. The systme including the people have failed.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Hails PDP's Decision To Withdraw Election Petition by skullbaba: 4:26pm On Aug 07, 2012
i am sorry ooooh, is it me that make a mistake ? Pdp crying intimidation. Have they forgotten they are party of war-mongers,assasin,419,yahoo-yahoo,drug baron,oil baron,oligarch,monopolist...........please guys help me with the list and lest i forget sickler retarded husband of bomber
Re: Oshiomole Hails PDP's Decision To Withdraw Election Petition by skullbaba: 4:31pm On Aug 07, 2012
seun you dey mad ni ? Why are u changing our words for another. I prefer the dyphemism way of describing our so called thievers sorry leaders and u are using euphemism words to replace them. Or are u afraid of them ni ? Make we know so that we can commot for your forum go another that will allow freedom of speech
Re: Oshiomole Hails PDP's Decision To Withdraw Election Petition by Elueme: 5:28pm On Aug 07, 2012
berem: did u actually read what u typed before posting? Ok I guess its the other way round! Pdp has failed and will continue to be a failure.come 2015 Pdp will surely kiss nigerian democracy goodbye.there will be no space for them to rule nigeria!
People like you are the problems we have in this country..have you ever thought of what would have happened if ACN had found themselves in power in 1999.? If as microscopic as they are in the opposition, they still perform abysmally poor despite their over zealousness to deceive Nigerians with good performance in bid to dethrone the PDP led FG govt, then what would have been if the were defacto in govt. I am convinced Nigeria would have been worse if this nitwits of a party full of chameleons had been privileged in 19999.don't misconstrued this for sentiment , I have sat to analyse events and marshalled out sound reasonings. I have analysed d different players in these political platforms and I have become conclusive that the myriads of problems the country and us the people face are as a result of a collective failure of the system being piloted by the people and until we begin to think in this direction, we could only but make more mistakes about the future.
Re: Oshiomole Hails PDP's Decision To Withdraw Election Petition by jessMena(f): 7:02pm On Aug 07, 2012
My governor smart Oº°˚˚°º,afta lashing PDP b4 d election now he is extending a hand of friendship..abeg I like ur style..no friend in business
Re: Oshiomole Hails PDP's Decision To Withdraw Election Petition by dedeike: 7:56pm On Aug 07, 2012
Political m.asturbation cannot appear in a better form.
Re: Oshiomole Hails PDP's Decision To Withdraw Election Petition by oaolosu: 9:09pm On Aug 07, 2012
pdp is dead party in edo state
Re: Oshiomole Hails PDP's Decision To Withdraw Election Petition by sonyjacobs(m): 10:40pm On Aug 07, 2012
The pdp candidate Gen charlse Arhiavbere has already filed a petition challenging the re-election of d ACN gov Adams at the tribunal sitting at the state high court complex,benin city. Pdp has dissassociate itself from the petition leaving the general to his own faith. Gen. Charlse is on his own. The general stil have this millitary orientation of no retreat,no surrender. he should have used money he wants to spend to pursue the case to assist the less priviledge and the poor. Goodluck to the GENERAL
Re: Oshiomole Hails PDP's Decision To Withdraw Election Petition by GeorgeD1(m): 5:13pm On Aug 08, 2012
it was a wise decision for pdp. even a blind man knows they couldn't have overturned the outcome in court.

rather than embarking on a time-wasting and expensive court case, they've decided to do the right thing.

kudos to them.
Re: Oshiomole Hails PDP's Decision To Withdraw Election Petition by anonimi: 10:03am On Aug 09, 2012
Reacting to the PDP’s decision not to challenge his re-election, the Governor of Edo State, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, described the move as a step in the right direction and called on the opposition party to join his government.

“I wish to extend my hand of fellowship to all men of goodwill to join hands with government to move the state to the next level, because, despite all the successes recorded in the last three and half years, Edo state is still work-in-progress” the Governor said.

“I look forward to more collaboration [/b]between my government, other political parties and interests in the state” he added.

Is the comrade a joker or what
Does he know the meaning of opposition party
In case he has forgotten, a vibrant opposition should keep the current government on its toes for the benefit of the people and in order to win the next elections.
Maybe he is inviting them to join the [b]chop-I-chop that is going on in Edo state under his watch even as he does s little bit better than PDP.
Re: Oshiomole Hails PDP's Decision To Withdraw Election Petition by GeorgeD1(m): 3:03pm On Aug 09, 2012
anonimi:

Is the comrade a joker or what
Does he know the meaning of opposition party
In case he has forgotten, a vibrant opposition should keep the current government on its toes for the benefit of the people and in order to win the next elections.
Maybe he is inviting them to join the chop-I-chop that is going on in Edo state under his watch even as he does s little bit better than PDP.

ha, ha, ha! i can't stop laughing! his 'chop-i-chop' is building hospitals, repairing bad roads, renovating dilapidated schools, erecting potable water for villages, etc. why didn't igbinedion's chop-i-no-chop policy not build a quarter of what we've seen so far under oshiomole?

(1) (Reply)

2015 Presidential Election: How The Governors Stand / 2015: Why Buhari May Defeat Jonathan- Analysis / Buhari Might Win The Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.