Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,280 members, 7,815,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Re-must I Pay Tithe To Get To Heaven? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Re-must I Pay Tithe To Get To Heaven? (19986 Views)

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / TB Joshua Returns N500,000 Tithe To Elderly Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re-must I Pay Tithe To Get To Heaven? by onyxo76(m): 6:39am On Sep 03, 2012
its good to pay tithe as commanded, but what happens if you suddenly have some financial challenges in a particular month and are unable to pay tithe.have you sinned?There are instances whereby things are really tight to the extent that practically every naira is already budgeted,in this case how do you address the issue of tithe paying?
Re: Re-must I Pay Tithe To Get To Heaven? by Nobody: 6:56am On Sep 03, 2012
onyxo76: its good to pay tithe as commanded, but what happens if you suddenly have some financial challenges in a particular month and are unable to pay tithe.have you sinned?There are instances whereby things are really tight to the extent that practically every naira is already budgeted,in this case how do you address the issue of tithe paying?

You don't have to pay tithe to anyone in the first place.Why bother making someone else rich?

Or,if you are so scared of being thrown into hell by the god of the bible,you can sell your kids to pay ur tithe.I dont think the god of the bible will have a problem with that. Remember Abraham!
Re: Re-must I Pay Tithe To Get To Heaven? by eghosaobas: 11:53am On Sep 21, 2012
ifeness:

You don't have to pay tithe to anyone in the first place.Why bother making someone else rich?

Or,if you are so scared of being thrown into hell by the god of the bible,you can sell your kids to pay ur tithe.I dont think the god of the bible will have a problem with that. Remember Abraham!
you are damn funny
Re: Re-must I Pay Tithe To Get To Heaven? by emmykul1809: 9:32am On Sep 22, 2012
jpworld: Bible is a big fraud, don't give a penny to pastor, enjoy ur money, u work 4 it, don't let pastors deceive u..
@jpworld who r u? A christian or a muslim?
Re: Re-must I Pay Tithe To Get To Heaven? by segyemaro(m): 9:42am On Sep 27, 2012
help me ask am
Re: Re-must I Pay Tithe To Get To Heaven? by MarkMiwerds(m): 4:47pm On Oct 05, 2012
pstbolanta: I was invited by a friend to his church last sunday,when the pastor started to preach,he kept on hammering on TITHING,that anyone that does not pay hios tithe will go to heaven and your tithe should not be you basic pay but total gross pay,you need to see the way he was stretching on it assive his life depended on it,i began to start feeling quilty of not paying instatntly,but i know i have some very reliable friends on nairaland to sample their opinion on this TITHING WAHALA,ARE WE BIND TO PAY TITHE
The New Testament Believer is not bound to pay tithes of money. God gives no instructions in His Word for the New Testament believer to tithe money.

I do believe that God's Holy tithe is still in effect today. I say this because of Numbers 18:23-24. There we read that the tithe was given to the Levite because he had no inheritance in the land of Israel. We also learn that they would have no inheritance "for ever, throughout your generations."

There are still Levites on the Earth today, so because they have no inheritance in Israel "throughout your generations," I believe they should still be supported by a tithe so as to sustain them. But that tithe is not money, it is "the seed of the land, the fruit of the tree, and every tenth animal that passeth under the rod" as recorded in Leviticus 27:30-34.
Re: Re-must I Pay Tithe To Get To Heaven? by kenny888: 10:07am On Jan 18, 2013
God knows those serving him
Re: Re-must I Pay Tithe To Get To Heaven? by vowiski(m): 11:06am On Apr 14, 2013
teminoni: Paying tithe is not a condition to enter the kingdom of heaven. But Jesus requested that as good christians, we should pay tithe. And the tithe should be used for the maintenance of the church and for feeding the poor and the old widowed members of the church.

You LIAR! Tell me one Verse were Jesus Paid tithes, Received tithes or Where Any of the Apostles Taught tithes..

No wonder Apostle Paul asked us in the book of 2nd Timothy to study, study not under the lense of Fraudulent clergy-men.

Go and Read how the tithes were shared under the Law and Also Know that only 1% of the 10% tithes was meant for priest.

If tithing was still a law (which has been set aside in Hebrew 7) Is that how your clergy men share the tithes with the poor? Or Use it to buy Bugatti, private jets and universities that Unbelivers will attend while members of Church continue to wallow in poverty.

Thanks
Re: Re-must I Pay Tithe To Get To Heaven? by vowiski(m): 11:28am On Apr 14, 2013
Mark Miwerds: The New Testament Believer is not bound to pay tithes of money. God gives no instructions in His Word for the New Testament believer to tithe money.

I do believe that God's Holy tithe is still in effect today. I say this because of Numbers 18:23-24. There we read that the tithe was given to the Levite because he had no inheritance in the land of Israel. We also learn that they would have no inheritance "for ever, throughout your generations."

There are still Levites on the Earth today, so because they have no inheritance in Israel "throughout your generations," I believe they should still be supported by a tithe so as to sustain them. But that tithe is not money, it is "the seed of the land, the fruit of the tree, and every tenth animal that passeth under the rod" as recorded in Leviticus 27:30-34.

They are no longer Levites again, once the Temple was destroyed (Matt 24:1-2), the duty of the levites ceased. The Levites carried the sins of the nation and brought unto God.

Under the new testament which we believers follow, Christ Paid the ultimate price on the cross not for money but for love. Hence we became a royal priesthood ( 1st Peter 2:9)

God says he no longer dwells in temple made by hand (Acts 17:24) but in us who are now the new temple (II Cor. 6:16)

So we belivers have become the priesthood and temple with Jesus sitting as the High priest on the right hand side of God.

Meaning we are entitled to our own tithes and not any clergy-man (clergy-men do not bear our sins, they are teachers who should teach only the truth) That's why Appostle Paul taught on giving. God loves a cheerful giver not a cheerful tither (2nd. Cor. 9: 7) and will bless same abundantly especially to the poor (2nd. Cor. 9: 8-9).

The Holy Spirit Inspired the Apostles, the the Holy Spirit didn't lead them to teach tithing throught-out their existence as it was not recorded in the bible.
If you know a verse, where the Apostles taught tithing after crucification of Christ, Let us know

You can't give cheerfully what you are forced by law.
Thank You
Re: Re-must I Pay Tithe To Get To Heaven? by MarkMiwerds(m): 6:56pm On Apr 14, 2013
vowiski:

They are no longer Levites again, once the Temple was destroyed (Matt 24:1-2), the duty of the levites ceased. The Levites carried the sins of the nation and brought unto God.

Under the new testament which we believers follow, Christ Paid the ultimate price on the cross not for money but for love. Hence we became a royal priesthood ( 1st Peter 2:9)

God says he no longer dwells in temple made by hand (Acts 17:24) but in us who are now the new temple (II Cor. 6:16)

So we belivers have become the priesthood and temple with Jesus sitting as the High priest on the right hand side of God.

Meaning we are entitled to our own tithes and not any clergy-man (clergy-men do not bear our sins, they are teachers who should teach only the truth) That's why Appostle Paul taught on giving. God loves a cheerful giver not a cheerful tither (2nd. Cor. 9: 7) and will bless same abundantly especially to the poor (2nd. Cor. 9: 8-9).

The Holy Spirit Inspired the Apostles, the the Holy Spirit didn't lead them to teach tithing throught-out their existence as it was not recorded in the bible.
If you know a verse, where the Apostles taught tithing after crucification of Christ, Let us know

You can't give cheerfully what you are forced by law.
Thank You
Is there a verse that says God gave an inheritance to the Levites after the cross? I know of none that say such.

Levites must still exist on the Earth today, for they are of the sealed in Revelation; 12,000 children of Israel. In order for them to be sealed, they have to exist. God said they would have no inheritance in the land for ever throughout their generations. I have to go by what I read in the Bible.

I also must stress that the Levites were to receive tithes from no other nation but the nation of Israel. This means that Americans cannot tithe, Russians can't tithe, Germans, Italians, Swedes, Nordish, etc.; none other than descendants of Jacob could tithe.
Re: Re-must I Pay Tithe To Get To Heaven? by segyemaro(m): 5:02pm On Apr 29, 2013
hmmm i hear you.
Re: Re-must I Pay Tithe To Get To Heaven? by pstbolanta: 7:45pm On Apr 29, 2013
if you give your tithe to the needy and d poor,God almighty will be pleased with u.
Re: Re-must I Pay Tithe To Get To Heaven? by MarkMiwerds(m): 9:02pm On Apr 29, 2013
pstbolanta: if you give your tithe to the needy and d poor,God almighty will be pleased with u.
God never recognized a tithe of money in the Bible. I highly doubt He recognizes it now. His Holy tithe was of crops, fruit, and livestock only.
Re: Re-must I Pay Tithe To Get To Heaven? by eghosaobas: 4:04pm On Apr 30, 2013
thats true
Re: Re-must I Pay Tithe To Get To Heaven? by kenny888: 2:54pm On Jul 19, 2015
Na wah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma / {free} Face Divination Online / Being The Odd One In A Sex-infested Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.