Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,367 members, 7,812,054 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:20 AM

Why You Should Not Contact Your EX - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why You Should Not Contact Your EX (29175 Views)

Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? / Will You Contact Your Ex-boyfriend? / Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Not Contact Your EX by 193: 8:30pm On Aug 14, 2012
nyere84: Hahahahaha, nope dear, they shld just go and kiss d devil.

come here lemme kiss you
Re: Why You Should Not Contact Your EX by ydtaurus5: 9:07pm On Aug 14, 2012
guy,you are right,i love my man bt d only issue we fight abt is d issue of ex s he wil tel me dat am orthodox abt break ups.its stupid
Re: Why You Should Not Contact Your EX by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 14, 2012
190*:

come here lemme kiss you
Mmmwah, dats ur kiss dear. Pple like ayobase shld go and hug transformer.
Re: Why You Should Not Contact Your EX by mrperfect(m): 9:27pm On Aug 14, 2012
Thank you for your time.
Re: Why You Should Not Contact Your EX by redcliff: 9:34pm On Aug 14, 2012
lol.. first and foremost my post is going to be quite irrelevant considering we have entered the 3rd page. my take on this issue is, if u can handle being friends with ur ex go ahead, if not, stay away.. everybody isn't the same. mr A's makeup is diff from miss B's makeup and understanding.... personally i think its better not to talk for a while with the person util all feelings and whatever it is u have for that person dies down. at this point you will find out that after that long period of no communication when you start talking again, everything seems so normal and u become free with such person(s)

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Contact Your EX by duni04(m): 10:42pm On Aug 14, 2012
sweetcheecks: @190 I think this is your fourth or fifth thread about letting go of ex's and past relationships. Are you not projecting here? Please do not give emotionally charged advice, it might be coming from a wrong place( hurt ).

The problem with people is wanting to right rules about relationships, there aint any. Do what feels right to you to heal. Do not punish yourself becouse someone said don't.

Gee, painful living!
Na wa o. Na so pple get time reach 2 start to dey count person topic. O ga o :p
Re: Why You Should Not Contact Your EX by Fruittyswaqboii(m): 10:46pm On Aug 14, 2012
God bless this Post!
Re: Why You Should Not Contact Your EX by PastorJamilu(m): 10:55pm On Aug 14, 2012
Yeah,is bad to go out with you EX.
You will feel shy ever in public
Re: Why You Should Not Contact Your EX by Onyiip(f): 11:12pm On Aug 14, 2012
nyere84: Mmmwah, dats ur kiss dear. Pple like ayobase shld go and hug transformer.
wow finally 190 has gotten the kiss he always wished for on nl, he can now delete his handle
Re: Why You Should Not Contact Your EX by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 14, 2012
Do I need to contact my ex? I hate him with passion! He broke my heart and am yet to pick up the broken pieces of it.he is damn lucky we aren't living in the same state if not I would have killed him for breaking my fragile heart!!!
Re: Why You Should Not Contact Your EX by Seerer(f): 12:54am On Aug 15, 2012
190: ^young man
you seem to have forgotten that during breakups
one person is always at the receiving terrible end, there are no breakups where
both parties would smile to emselves and laff it off and head their respective ways- so wah r u talking about
There is! There are circumstance where there would be an understanding, and in the interest of both parties, quiting will be the only healthy choice, both parties will grieve and walk away, but the bond will remain. Am a living testimony.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Contact Your EX by Seerer(f): 1:17am On Aug 15, 2012
Murder_X: Clear your ex out of your mind as a lover, replace love feelings and infatuations with friendship and move on. Makes no sense having a bunch of "I dont talk to yous" around.
If you really think you are moving ahead without having your ex's as friends, I dnt think thats progress. You truly haven't overcomed them. You overcome an ex, if you can have a decent conversation with him or her without thinking or talking about how it used to be or if you can sleep on the same bed with him/her and talk without thinking about sex not by cowardly running away from the sight of their faces - frankly you are still in their bondage when you do that.
Keep away from them only when they are a danger and detrimental to your life e.g violent exs.

@OP, sorry to burst your research - its IMO.
My ex & I are best of buddies, we are both married with children to our spouses, if there is one. Person that tells me as it is, its him, very supportive, he has my back any day, no sexual feelings anymore. However, there is an ex that I truly don't care if he exits, same as him, therefore, there is no special formular on how to handle an ex!
Re: Why You Should Not Contact Your EX by kpolli(m): 1:56am On Aug 15, 2012
Sorry 190, this looks like rubbish
Re: Why You Should Not Contact Your EX by etchel(m): 2:25am On Aug 15, 2012
Keepin this thread on d loop.
Re: Why You Should Not Contact Your EX by Nobody: 2:31am On Aug 15, 2012
did they really hide all of those posts to put this on the FP?

NA WA O!
Re: Why You Should Not Contact Your EX by omojeje419: 2:56am On Aug 15, 2012
Since we don break up weting again we Since we don break up weting again we Since we don break up weting again we
Re: Why You Should Not Contact Your EX by Nobody: 3:07am On Aug 15, 2012
Holyrule: You speak like if you wud be comfortable letting ur spouse keep his ex close. I laugh out loud... Some people find it easier to just ignore the truth instead of embracing it. Allow him keep his ex, and come back for testimonies.

My boyfriend still talks to one or two girls from his past. I'm cool with it and find it humorous often times. He tells me what they discussed and I tell him the same if one of my exes ever contact me. It's called trust. Or maybe you think I talk for the sake of talking.
Re: Why You Should Not Contact Your EX by timilehing(m): 3:45am On Aug 15, 2012
"em so bored" its hard to leave ur ex unless u neva had SEXX!
Re: Why You Should Not Contact Your EX by olavictors(m): 6:14am On Aug 15, 2012
I think I agree with you. I left my last relationship about a month ago, because I found out she can't completely let her ex go.
Re: Why You Should Not Contact Your EX by ATMC(f): 6:22am On Aug 15, 2012
@topic
Good write up. I concur...but i noticed dt d one dt usually want to cont d friendship is mostly d one at fault...and d reason is their conscience pricks them. We r humans and shouldn't act like dogs...going back to our vomit!

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Contact Your EX by ATMC(f): 6:26am On Aug 15, 2012
timilehing: "em so bored" its hard to leave ur ex unless u neva had SEXX!
sexx complicates a rship...i noticed dt when u don't have sexx with a guy in a rship, he keeps coming back for u when things go awry...in most cases its not cos he loves u but in pursuance of ur body

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Contact Your EX by 193: 8:09am On Aug 15, 2012
hehehe these girls are ventin!
Re: Why You Should Not Contact Your EX by 193: 8:10am On Aug 15, 2012
wow is that ATM card on my thread!
Re: Why You Should Not Contact Your EX by 193: 8:11am On Aug 15, 2012
Onyii.p:
wow finally 190 has gotten the kiss he always wished for on nl, he can now delete his handle

#blushin#
Re: Why You Should Not Contact Your EX by ATMC(f): 8:25am On Aug 15, 2012
190*:
wow is that ATM card on my thread!
undecided u don't want me on it?
Re: Why You Should Not Contact Your EX by Benito69(m): 8:54am On Aug 15, 2012
Your post is true, i would say that having your ex as a friend is not a bad thing. But there should some time gap like a month of no-communication minimum and a year maximum, for the wounds to heal then one can begin to talk of friendship.
Re: Why You Should Not Contact Your EX by ayobase(m): 9:20am On Aug 15, 2012
Seerer: There is! There are circumstance where there would be an understanding, and in the interest of both parties, quiting will be the only healthy choice, both parties will grieve and walk away, but the bond will remain. Am a living testimony.

A lady eventually seconded my motion finally!
Most of the pple in here are kids or ''relationshiply'' immature!
Re: Why You Should Not Contact Your EX by ayobase(m): 9:29am On Aug 15, 2012
Nyere84 and 190....enjoy while it lasts.
Transformer na my paddy!
Re: Why You Should Not Contact Your EX by delta234: 9:46am On Aug 15, 2012
Very educating post.
Re: Why You Should Not Contact Your EX by Jonwesley(m): 10:52am On Aug 15, 2012
190, U cld be suffering from the loss of an Ex and probably trying to share some sentiments that cures/suits ur wounds. My issue is, can u generalise this, when they are so many variables that are not constant? I don't think so.
Re: Why You Should Not Contact Your EX by stepo707: 11:14am On Aug 15, 2012
why so many hidden posts
Re: Why You Should Not Contact Your EX by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 15, 2012
ayobase: I don't thoroughly accept that!
There is nothing wrong being friends if MATURITY and UNDERSTANDING are involved.
Im cool with having my EXs as buddies....they tell one the truth.
Quitting a relationship is based on many factors.....Im not talking about the heartbreakers, gigolos, don juans, womanizers and the kids, but, the responsible ones.
IMO, Heartbreak is different from Quit.

@ayobase(m): dude that is sooooo sad!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy this post is clearly meant for people like you...you are sooo hung up on your EX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dude grow up and move on MSCHEEWWWWWWWWW

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Did You Find Out She/he Was Cheating On You ? / Groom In Traditional Attire Ties The Knot From Hospital Bed In SA (PICS) / Silly Things You've Done To Please Your Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.