Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,820 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge (10757 Views)

MTEF: FEC Approves N6tr Expenditure For 2016 / The Set Stage Of The FEC Banquet Ahead Of Cabinet Swearing In / The Truth About The Second Niger Bridge-Chibuzo N. Ziggy Azike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by aribisala0(m): 10:45am On Aug 09, 2012
edicolove: These ACN and El Rufai crew will never fail to disappoint. How much does it take to design a 5 bedroom duplex? How much do you think it took LASG to design falomo bridge? Why didn't they call for bidders and charge them like someone suggested above? You lot are beginning to sound like broken records. Architectural design, geological survey, physical planning, etc before you construct an over 1km bridge over the river Niger is not something most of you can comment on. So all you should do is ask questions not make comments. Its very possible that in the Nigerians scenario, some government people might have added some millions to the figure but that figure is still very much in the range for such a project.

NOt every commentator is partisan.You seem to be suggesting just that.Every Nigerian has a right to comment on what goes on in their country.It is highly intolerant to resort to personal attacks if people do not see things your way.The Falomo bridge or anything by Fashola is quite simply not relevant here .If there are issues to be discussed on Falomo bridge create a thread for it.
If people have opinions that you disagree with here by all means debunk them fact and logic always trump ad hominem
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by basher(m): 10:48am On Aug 09, 2012
Na today??
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Mrchippychappy(m): 10:50am On Aug 09, 2012
Port we no see , Airport we no see , Niger bridge renovation we no see , Na 2nd Nigeria bridge we go come see ?

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by buskeske: 10:50am On Aug 09, 2012
sheyguy: N328m? Is it going be a wooden brigde?

I dey think am too oh!
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Demdem(m): 10:53am On Aug 09, 2012
Ekans: Haba,talks of the 2nd niger bridge has been on for the past 15yrs,i wonder the kind of politics they are playing on the intelligence of ibo people.When it suits them,they raise the issue to get support and embezzle the money and the ibos will remain fooled.Who ever told ibos that GEJ will achieve this when the east -west road that is in his backyard is so deplorable.Ibos wisen up,its all talk and no action.

i endorse ur post but please replace all ibo to be Igbo.
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by edicolove: 10:55am On Aug 09, 2012
Ekans: Haba,talks of the 2nd niger bridge has been on for the past 15yrs,i wonder the kind of politics they are playing on the intelligence of ibo people.When it suits them,they raise the issue to get support and embezzle the money and the ibos will remain fooled.Who ever told ibos that GEJ will achieve this when the east -west road that is in his backyard is so deplorable.Ibos wisen up,its all talk and no action.

Haba! Do you somehow have the power to see the future? Or are we going to the polls this weekend? This is 2012. 2015 is still 3 years away. If the construction hasn't taken off then, I will personally retweet your post all over twitter. But for now, the contract process has just begun. Fingers crossed but good news all the same

All talk and no action when the Onitsha-Owerri road is blazing like an airstrip? You gat no clue!
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by edicolove: 10:59am On Aug 09, 2012
aribisala0:

NOt every commentator is partisan.You seem to be suggesting just that.Every Nigerian has a right to comment on what goes on in their country.It is highly intolerant to resort to personal attacks if people do not see things your way.The Falomo bridge or anything by Fashola is quite simply not relevant here .If there are issues to be discussed on Falomo bridge create a thread for it.
If people have opinions that you disagree with here by all means debunk them fact and logic always trump ad hominem

So can you tell me a list of those that aint partisan or are you new to NL? Does this article sound to you as something that should have been greeted with insults and ridicule? You are funny. I prefer partisan people to hypocrites. Please stick to the topic, thank you.
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by ericmooret: 11:01am On Aug 09, 2012
The brigde must be constructed before 2015 for the obvious reason.
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Kobojunkie: 11:02am On Aug 09, 2012
deshclones: You beat me to it...wanted to say this..seems someone somewhere will benefit from dis sham contract..smh..btwn neva knew u had sense like this..a Yoruba man for that matter..odi egwu.

Kobo hold it there..you neva complained when fashola used almost 3b to construct that less than 1km bridge at law sch,the one that links falomo..

So I should first complain of Fashola, before I can register an opinion on the Naija bridge?

I don tell una, stop pushing your delusions and fears on me. If you have a complaint share it yourself and stop trying to pass it on me.
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Kobojunkie: 11:06am On Aug 09, 2012

lol . . . this is just for the design of the bridge. grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by MrGlobe(m): 11:06am On Aug 09, 2012
Malawian: @ Deshclones, i dey vex with you so. Na you and who be Yoruba? I am an igbo from oraukwu anambra state! Both my parent are from the same town, so i am not even half igbo! Abeg o. You can tell a Yoruba from afar, all you need do is follow their cowardly stench. Kpachalu anya o. Achikwa mu ogu.
hahahahahahahahsahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Anyway I would have thrown up if the 325M was for the project itself but since its for just the design, that's not bad.

what is news here is that Jigawa State of all states in nigeria wants TO BUILD AN AIRPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TALK ABOUT MISPLACED PRIORITIES. SMFH
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Kobojunkie: 11:07am On Aug 09, 2012
afam4eva:
Are you insinuating that the money will not be enough, because i'm feeling same. This is not your regular bridge that we're talking about.

I expect the bridge to cost at least $350-$500 million.
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Kobojunkie: 11:09am On Aug 09, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: anyway i expected the contract to be inflated 100times before the construction is done.

Contract awarded to construction firm with no address, an introduction to chop a national cake.

Good observation. We need to get to work finding out the name and address of the company.
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by dedeike: 11:10am On Aug 09, 2012
Malawian: That bridge can be designed for zero naira! All they needed to do was invite a rash of reputable construction giants to tender for the bridge. The FG could have even made money instead by collecting tender fees, and open tendering (which must include architectural and structural designs) would have driven the price of the final construction down since they were all competing for the same contract.
Mr Ignorant, I want you to contact an Architect to design a 5 bedroom duplex for you on the sand filled marshy lands on lekki and see how much he will charge.
Look at how you carefully dodged all the numerous contracts awarded by this govt at FEC meeting yesterday and decided to make a mockery of the cost of designing such a bridge as the second Niger Bridge.
By your post, you displayed crass ignorance of the workings of govt procurement processes. For your information, the public procurement Act 2007 precludes anybody from advertising and awarding any contract without making funds available. No govt relies on tendering fees to fund projects. Get your facts right
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:20am On Aug 09, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Good observation. We need to get to work finding out the name and address of the company.

I guess there is limit to what we can do in this regard.

It is part and norms of PDP led goevernment since 99,unless we overhaul the entire FEC and replace them with Sane people.
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Kobojunkie: 11:26am On Aug 09, 2012
OYINBOGOJU:

I guess there is limit to what we can do in this regard.

It is part and norms of PDP led goevernment since 99,unless we overhaul the entire FEC and replace them with Sane people.

NOT with FOI and the media out there.
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Ekans: 11:28am On Aug 09, 2012
edicolove:

Haba! Do you somehow have the power to see the future? Or are we going to the polls this weekend? This is 2012. 2015 is still 3 years away. If the construction hasn't taken off then, I will personally retweet your post all over twitter. But for now, the contract process has just begun. Fingers crossed but good news all the same

All talk and no action when the Onitsha-Owerri road is blazing like an airstrip? You gat no clue!
.My brother,the onitsha-owerri road was done by Obj and sincerely speaking the igbos have faired better under his verious tenures.I am an igbo man and i should know.Even the idea for the 2nd niger bridge was given much impetus under him.
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by edicolove: 11:36am On Aug 09, 2012
Ekans: .My brother,the onitsha-owerri road was done by Obj and sincerely speaking the igbos have faired better under his verious tenures.I am an igbo man and i should know.Even the idea for the 2nd niger bridge was given much impetus under him.

Hahahaha! Onitsha-Owerri road done over five years ago? Now you are surely in lalaland. Did kobojunkie mosquito bite you? Lol
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by airfinance(m): 11:57am On Aug 09, 2012
Malawian: @ Deshclones, i dey vex with you so. Na you and who be Yoruba? I am an igbo from oraukwu anambra state! Both my parent are from the same town, so i am not even half igbo! Abeg o. You can tell a Yoruba from afar, all you need do is follow their cowardly stench. Kpachalu anya o. Achikwa mu ogu.
Abeg see these mumu people. Wht are guys passing across here?which ethnic group in nigeria are more educated. Even 1 intelligent Fulani man with education is equivalent to 500 igbos. Isi ewu. onyara. See me se wahala with omo ina
Come alaba come see una intelligence for fraud and piracy.
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:58am On Aug 09, 2012
Kobojunkie:

NOT with FOI and the media out there.

Don't be decieved Kobounkie

The Freedom Of Information Bill is not yet implemented 100%, this information you heard from me now is called un-official security news.
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by eziokwubundu: 12:00pm On Aug 09, 2012
Beaf:

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/08/08/fec-approves-n325-million-contract-for-second-niger-bridge/
That amount will not construct a good bridge, they only want to eat another money like the one OBJ ate.
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by eziokwubundu: 12:03pm On Aug 09, 2012
This is another scam been authored by FEC undecidedThis is another scam been authored by FEC
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by samkoro: 12:04pm On Aug 09, 2012

I was just wondering.
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Billygene: 12:14pm On Aug 09, 2012
constructing such bridge that serves almost all the eastern States and majority Southerners is unrealistic with such amount...N328M.
I wonder oh! what kind of bridge could that be eventually finished? wow! this is visibly unrealistic.something must be fi***ng!!!
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by HammedSodiqq: 12:18pm On Aug 09, 2012
Good one GEJ. A replacement or supplement for the Niger bridge is long over due. Many regime promised to build, yet nothing was done. GEJ should personally supervise the project, to ensure its completion. GEJ don the over perform o. No dulling
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by maigaskiya1: 12:24pm On Aug 09, 2012
deshclones:

You beat me to it...wanted to say this..seems someone somewhere will benefit from dis sham contract..smh..btwn neva knew u had sense like this..a Yoruba man for that matter..odi egwu.

Kobo hold it there..you neva complained when fashola used almost 3b to construct that less than 1km bridge at law sch,the one that links falomo..

pls tel d bigot
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Elueme: 12:24pm On Aug 09, 2012
Malawian: That bridge can be designed for zero naira! All they needed to do was invite a rash of reputable construction giants to tender for the bridge. The FG could have even made money instead by collecting tender fees, and open tendering (which must include architectural and structural designs) would have driven the price of the final construction down since they were all competing for the same contract.
Talk is cheap.. Keep talking. If you are truly rational and wish the govt well you would have first complemented the laudable idea, the benefit of the bridge and the strategy govt chose( public private venture, meaning all the monies ain't from the Nigerian govt alone and in your brain you deliberately think a private venture ll allow an inflationary budgeting at her own detriment?)before the criticism... That Onitsha bridge had been with the terrible traffic for ages with no govt showing any readiness to alleviate the problem commuters face as well as the difficult in business considering the nature of that bridge which connects the SW-SS-SE.. We should commend this initiative and don't die a sadist ... GEJ is working and Nigeria fresh air!
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by aribisala0(m): 12:35pm On Aug 09, 2012
edicolove:

So can you tell me a list of those that aint partisan or are you new to NL? Does this article sound to you as something that should have been greeted with insults and ridicule? You are funny. I prefer partisan people to hypocrites. Please stick to the topic, thank you.
I am not partisan and many others are not.
I am NOT funny but probably your father is ask him ??
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by laoma15(m): 12:38pm On Aug 09, 2012
can somone please tell them to approve the Lagos-Ibadan expressway project?

The road is in a sorry-state.

I hope no one will have to start a pressure group for them to fix the road?
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 09, 2012
I dont know what type of Bridge that 325 million Naira can be build, but I know that average Five Bedroom duplexes cost 120 million Naira. If a bridge has to be built, it should be a damn good bridge, not some wooden crossbar.
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by edicolove: 12:54pm On Aug 09, 2012
Billyonaire: I dont know what type of Bridge that 325 million Naira can be build, but I know that average Five Bedroom duplexes cost 120 million Naira. If a bridge has to be built, it should be a damn good bridge, not some wooden crossbar.

The money is for the design, geological survey, etc for the project, not the cost of the bridge. Check the article again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff / Arase Donates N1m To Injured Police Corporal In Kano / Slave Girl Dolapo Osinbanjo Vs Queen Aisha Buhari.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.