Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,270 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? (9489 Views)

Do Prenuptial Agreements Work In Nigeria? / Guys, 'prenuptial Agreement' To Avoid Alimony, Palimony And D Monies? / Prenuptial Agreements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by sallybonne(f): 3:49pm On Aug 10, 2012
dayokanu: When dealing with gold digging women you have to be sharp all the way

That means u won't have a life now because u will b up ur sleeves watching her every move and how do u know a golddigger do they come tagged jst askin
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by oladayo042: 3:49pm On Aug 10, 2012
I'm awaiting sagamite on this thread.

@sally
What is the title of that movie?
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by sallybonne(f): 3:56pm On Aug 10, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

I don't see you giving your "Love Conquers All" lecture to men. . .Or are you syaing it is okay for for men to ask women to sign prenup but the women should trust LOVE??

I was about to ask him that but tanks 4 doing that 4 me. 4 a good prenup to work it should have to be bothways me I dnt even like the prenup thingy cos a smart person is a smart person, besides isn't love and marriage about trust why shd this prenup thing creep up, this golddiggers are getting wiser tho! #clears throat # sisi kills I love ur comments sha!
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by sallybonne(f): 4:05pm On Aug 10, 2012
oladayo042:

@sally
I have already narrated the film trust me, u need not watch it and the title is in their language b4 I murder someones language, let's jst leave it as it is, okay
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by Tgirl4real(f): 4:20pm On Aug 10, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
Didn't know you wanted a book full

. . .Be Right Back with that. Don't go away oh.

heheheheheheee

Sisi and Ronke no go kill me with laffter grin grin grin grin
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by Tgirl4real(f): 4:21pm On Aug 10, 2012
oladayo042: I'm awaiting sagamite on this thread.

@sally

lol.

Let me go look for him. grin
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by bebe4u(f): 4:38pm On Aug 10, 2012
What if the gold digger is a man. How do you handle the situation
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 10, 2012
moral of the story - marry a woman who is on the same level financially as you. That is why i have a problem with men who see themselves as their woman's super hero. She brings 50% you bring your own 50% and make sure everything is in both your names.

1 Like

Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by dayokanu(m): 4:51pm On Aug 10, 2012
davidylan: moral of the story - marry a woman who is on the same level financially as you. That is why i have a problem with men who see themselves as their woman's super hero. She brings 50% you bring your own 50% and make sure everything is in both your names.

Shikena.

marry a woman who also brings something substantial financially into the relationship and everything are done equally

So if she decides to take half, i know she deserved it
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by Agiliti(m): 5:19pm On Aug 10, 2012
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by queensmith: 5:43pm On Aug 10, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Lmao @ Tgirl cheesy cheesy

@ OP
Google Maddonna and Guy Richie and read all about their divorce wahala! She didn't make him sign a prenup, after the divorce he got a huge payout. Same deal with Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillipe. Then there is also Roseanne (From the Roseanne show) she went as far as firing her lawyers for even suggesting her gold digging husband Arnold sigh a prenup (I'm telling you, this guy might as well have had GOLD DIGGERY IS MY SPECIALTY tattoted in GOLD on his forehead, that's how obvious he was. When they divorced a couple or so years later, Dude walked away with a cool $90 million. Did I mention he was a lowly writer for some 3rd rate sitcoms when they got married? lipsrsealed

From my observation, women who are considerable wealthier than their spouse don't shove the prenup thingy down the men's throat (they are always like I love him, I trust him, whatever I have is his blah blah blah). It's the men who make a big brouhaha about the whole thing. . . "oh my money, money, She wonno take my hard earned money ooooh! Egba mi!!" Gimme a break!!! cheesy

thank you for this, i was going to attack the topic simply because I knew it will turn around and become a gender war. Its not by force to be married they need to sit down somewhere.

@topic, the story makes sense. I cannot for the life of me fathom why a rich man/woman will marry someone that is poor to the extent you need to fund the persons whole life for him/her. Obviously specific to those with more money than sense (Lord help us redistribute the millions these phools are wasting).
Any sensible human being will be able to spot a 'gold digger' and a prenup saves you from nothing after some time.
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:00pm On Aug 10, 2012
Hm! See true stories that touches. That man no try @ all even after his family tried to.
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by kay9(m): 6:09pm On Aug 10, 2012
davidylan: moral of the story - marry a woman who is on the same level financially as you. That is why i have a problem with men who see themselves as their woman's super hero. She brings 50% you bring your own 50% and make sure everything is in both your names.
dayokanu:

Shikena.

marry a woman who also brings something substantial financially into the relationship and everything are done equally

So if she decides to take half, i know she deserved it

^^ cool Simple as that. Any !d!ot who marries a housewife at this time and age has only his stewpid a$$ to blame; prenups are useless to foolish a$$es men.
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by armyofone(m): 6:28pm On Aug 10, 2012
Nothing wrong being housewifey. Ann Romney is a good example grin and she is enjoying Romney's money (they built the wealth together) grin grin grin

No need crying over lost money. Man up and start all over.
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by SisiKill1: 6:33pm On Aug 10, 2012
armyofone: Nothing wrong being housewifey. Ann Romney is a good example grin and she is enjoying Romney's money (they built the wealth together) grin grin grin

Oh oh Hauwa, kin shiga uku yau lipsrsealed
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by scribble: 6:35pm On Aug 10, 2012
sally bonne: A Gold Digger is a Gold Digger With or Without A Prenup

My dear NL in family section I greet,this is my first post I think.

I have a question which was inspired after watching a South African movie and this is it; what is the use of making ur partner (wife) sign a pre-nup when at the end if its your property she's after and she will still get it.

The scenario am about to paint is a black woman who got married to a white south African, his family says she's after his money so she must sign a pre-nup for them to be sure she was not interested in their sons wealth, which she did.

After the wedding, because of the love the husband had for her, he sponsored her on various trips abroad, mostly over budgeted. Any gift the husband gave her was and must always be in her name, from building house for her family to buying a shop, cars and boutiques in her name and all. She made him move outside the area his family was living to another state so they won't have control or say, they were not bothered cos according to them, she signed a prenup.

After running down his company to open hers which were in her name and family members name, she divorced her husband. They could not do anything when they found out cos according to the lawyer, what she now has were gifts given to her by her husband. He was heartbroken and ended up in the psychiatric ward.

So my point is, a gold digger is a gold digger with or with a prenup. Most of them don't need half of your wealth in d case of a divorce, but a means to open their own coy thru ur company.

So from the above case scenario, is prenup really necessary to a gold digger? cos if she wants gold she can stil get it with or without a prenup.

Second question: if its the woman that is rich do men sign prenup? cos I have never heard or seen a man sign prenup b4 marriage, anticipating your constructive comments.

Thanks.

Men routinely sign prenups. Jay and Beyonce make roughly about the same amount of money per year, and I'm sure their prenup is structured to protect both parties.
This was a South African movie you were watching right, so I'm pretty sure that the lawyer wasn't skilled enough to draft a thorough contract to protect his client, thus pursuing him to the psych ward.

Whatever the case may be you never need a prenup with a real woman, Nigerian or otherwise. Why anyone would date a golddigger is beyond me?!!! shocked shocked shocked
Can't u see through the greed and vomit?
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by ronkebp(f): 6:49pm On Aug 10, 2012
scribble:

Men routinely sign prenups. Jay and Beyonce make roughly about the same amount of money per year, and I'm sure their prenup is structured to protect both parties.
This was a South African movie you were watching right, so I'm pretty sure that the lawyer wasn't skilled enough to draft a thorough contract to protect his client, thus pursuing him to the psych ward.

Whatever the case may be you never need a prenup with a real woman, Nigerian or otherwise. Why anyone would date a golddigger is beyond me?!!! shocked shocked shocked
Can't u see through the greed and vomit?

hmmm!!!! true.
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by Sagamite(m): 8:07pm On Aug 10, 2012

My dear NL in family section I greet,this is my first post I think.

I have a question which was inspired after watching a South African movie and this is it; what is the use of making ur partner (wife) sign a pre-nup when at the end if its your property she's after and she will still get it.

The scenario am about to paint is a black woman who got married to a white south African, his family says she's after his money so she must sign a pre-nup for them to be sure she was not interested in their sons wealth, which she did.

After the wedding, because of the love the husband had for her, he sponsored her on various trips abroad, mostly over budgeted. Any gift the husband gave her was and must always be in her name, from building house for her family to buying a shop, cars and boutiques in her name and all. She made him move outside the area his family was living to another state so they won't have control or say, they were not bothered cos according to them, she signed a prenup.

After running down his company to open hers which were in her name and family members name, she divorced her husband. They could not do anything when they found out cos according to the lawyer, what she now has were gifts given to her by her husband. He was heartbroken and ended up in the psychiatric ward.

So my point is, a gold digger is a gold digger with or with a prenup. Most of them don't need half of your wealth in d case of a divorce, but a means to open their own coy thru ur company.

So from the above case scenario, is prenup really necessary to a gold digger? cos if she wants gold she can stil get it with or without a prenup.

Second question: if its the woman that is rich do men sign prenup? cos I have never heard or seen a man sign prenup b4 marriage, anticipating your constructive comments.

Thanks.

What a silly question.

She can get that from a mugu Real Man, not a man from Sagamu!

She would pick broom and start sweeping from SA to my street in Sagamu if she ever thinks she can use my head like that.

The guy is foool does not mean prenups cannot work.
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by Sagamite(m): 8:16pm On Aug 10, 2012

Women tend to always want to marry up!

It is evolutionary.

Marrying a woman at same level is usually a challenge especially if she is good looking.

If you want to do this, you might end up having to compromise on looks. If I did that, my ancestors will cause earthquakes in anger from their numerous graves in Sagamu!
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by Sagamite(m): 8:17pm On Aug 10, 2012
armyofone: Nothing wrong being housewifey. Ann Romney is a good example grin and she is enjoying Romney's money (they built the wealth together) grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Crase girl! grin
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 10, 2012
Sagamite:

Women tend to always want to marry up!

It is evolutionary.

Marrying a woman at same level is usually a challenge especially if she is good looking.

If you want to do this, you might end up having to compromise on looks. If I did that, my ancestors will cause earthquakes in anger from their numerous graves in Sagamu!

you dont have to compromise - find a younger woman. Most women will be comfortable marrying a man at a similar financial level to themselves as long as he is older, more mature and at least is around the same level as she is financially.
A nice 24-26 yr old doctor woman will marry you in a flash.
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by Sagamite(m): 8:40pm On Aug 10, 2012
davidylan:

you dont have to compromise - find a younger woman. Most women will be comfortable marrying a man at a similar financial level to themselves as long as he is older, more mature and at least is around the same level as she is financially.
A nice 24-26 yr old doctor woman will marry you in a flash.

True!

Maybe marry her before she makes it as she is younger but you would see she has the potential already. Seen!
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by EfemenaXY: 10:06pm On Aug 10, 2012

Snip...

Snip...

Snip...

Thanks.

Must be the handwork of a Nigerian woman, no other. Who else would take such undivided, devoted love as foolishness, to be trampled upon so?? sad

Stories like this make our male chauvinists (ahem)... [size=1pt]Sagamite 'n Dayo[/size]... (ahem) bash the hell out of our fellow black women for being self-centred materialistic demons. And in this instance, I agree with them whole heartedly...

Treat them mean to keep them keen kind of philosophy here lipsrsealed
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by Sagamite(m): 10:08pm On Aug 10, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Must be the handwork of a Nigerian woman, no other. Who else would take such undivided, devoted love as foolishness, to be trampled upon so?? sad

Stories like this make our male chauvinists (ahem)... [size=1pt]Sagamite 'n Dayo[/size] bash the hell out of our fellow black women for being self-centred materialistic demons. And in this instance, I agree with them whole heartedly...

As a matter of general principles, I don't blame women for a mugu being a cretin.
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by EfemenaXY: 10:11pm On Aug 10, 2012
^^ Abeg decode that one for me.

Whose the mugu / cretin here? The woman? Or the man??
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by ronkebp(f): 10:13pm On Aug 10, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Stories like this make our male chauvinists (ahem)... [size=1pt]Sagamite 'n Dayo[/size]... (ahem) bash the hell out of our fellow black women for being self-centred materialistic demons. And in this instance, I agree with them whole heartedly...

The girl is doing her job...it is the man that was drooling over "bakassi" and now that same bakassi has turned him to a mad-man.
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by Sagamite(m): 10:14pm On Aug 10, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^ Abeg decode that one for me.

Whose the mugu / cretin here? The woman? Or the man??

The man!

I have no empathy for cretins.
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by armyofone(m): 10:30pm On Aug 10, 2012
gaskiya, a ma na sha kwaya yanzu so i am for it grin

it is true mana, those sleepless night when he was making the dough, wifey was home taking care of the homefront, leading behind the scene.
behind every successful man, there is a woman working behind. So she gotta have it.

Sisi_Kill:

Oh oh Hauwa, kin shiga uku yau lipsrsealed

Sagamite:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Crase girl! grin

where have ya been and how are you?
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by EfemenaXY: 10:31pm On Aug 10, 2012
ronkebp:

The girl is doing her job...it is the man that was drooling over "bakassi" and now that same bakassi has turned him to a mad-man.

Sagamite:

The man!

I have no empathy for cretins.

Are you both supporting this woman because the unfortunate guy na Oyibo?? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by Sagamite(m): 10:38pm On Aug 10, 2012
armyofone:
where have ya been and how are you?

I am fine babes, still doing my duty dealing with cretins.

Efemena_xy:
Are you both supporting this woman because the unfortunate guy na Oyibo?? shocked shocked shocked

Are you trying to call me racist? angry grin

I don't like foools.

A foool is a foool irrespective of colour.
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by EfemenaXY: 10:40pm On Aug 10, 2012
^^ What about love being blind and all that na? cheesy cheesy
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by Sagamite(m): 10:42pm On Aug 10, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^ What about love being blind and all that na? cheesy cheesy

Not if you a sensible adult male.

My love went to Specsavers. It can see.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alfie Patten ,the Youngest Boy Father. / Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David / Men, How Do You Feel If A Woman Begs You For Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.