Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,440 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

Fraudsters Have Cloned My Phone Number - Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fraudsters Have Cloned My Phone Number - Fashola (14645 Views)

My Telephone Numbers Cloned—Governor Amaechi / Politicians Who Cloned Or Buy PVCs Will be Disappointed - INEC / Cloned PVCs Cannot Be Used On Election Day – Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraudsters Have Cloned My Phone Number - Fashola by blackwall(m): 9:20am On Aug 11, 2012
Fashola, yesterday raised alarm that his phone number has been hacked by some fraudsters to extort money from members of the state cabinet and permanent secretary. He said the fraudsters had opened an account in Skye Bank and used his phone number to send text messages to members of his cabinet to pay some specified amount of money into it. “I must use this opportunity to appeal to all citizens and all of those who have received text messages purportedly being sent in my name. Apparently my phone has been cloned by some internet fraudsters, they sent messages round to my commissioners and permanent secretaries asking them to come and pay money into one Skye Bank account. “Please ignore those messages, they are not from us.

It apparently shows the desperation to make money by all means.

These are the small crimes, those are the corrupt tendencies that we must all as a nation put to bed.

They are the ones that lead to the bigger crimes. If we focus our attention on the bigger crimes, we will lose the larger picture.

All of these speak to the need for increasing compliance with law and order in every state, every local government, every ward, every home.

All of us must rise up and reclaim our country back from this lawlessness.”

Fashola bemoaned the development, adding that making money through cheap means could halt the nation’s value system .

http://nationalmirroronline.net/news/48185.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Fraudsters Have Cloned My Phone Number - Fashola by Acidosis(m): 9:44am On Aug 11, 2012
. .okay then, make another law to tackle these hackers

2 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Have Cloned My Phone Number - Fashola by werepeLeri: 9:49am On Aug 11, 2012
ok sir. We have heard you loud and clear.
Re: Fraudsters Have Cloned My Phone Number - Fashola by tpia5: 10:13am On Aug 11, 2012
Hope they get busted.

would have said law enforcement should deposit some money there and wait for them to make a withdrawal.

but if they're internet fraudsters, a different means is needed to catch them.
Re: Fraudsters Have Cloned My Phone Number - Fashola by gidson12(m): 11:08am On Aug 11, 2012
lies.....nobody cloned your number Oga fashola,

1 Like

Re: Fraudsters Have Cloned My Phone Number - Fashola by Biggyd2: 11:20am On Aug 11, 2012
Got the sms to ignore the fraudsters.
Re: Fraudsters Have Cloned My Phone Number - Fashola by CLIQBOY(m): 11:29am On Aug 11, 2012
gidson12: lies.....nobody cloned your number Oga fashola,
IDIOT..GO LOOK LTV 8 FOR MORE INFO OR U NO GET TV FOR HOUSE
Re: Fraudsters Have Cloned My Phone Number - Fashola by Amloyal: 11:31am On Aug 11, 2012
Do u even av a fone? Na ur type dey borrow fone 2 browze. Bush malla grin
Re: Fraudsters Have Cloned My Phone Number - Fashola by Super1759: 11:35am On Aug 11, 2012
Yess,I got a call with your number and I gave him my account to pay in my own share of loot

2 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Have Cloned My Phone Number - Fashola by hammedkola(m): 11:37am On Aug 11, 2012
God will help our dear country
Re: Fraudsters Have Cloned My Phone Number - Fashola by cyril83(m): 11:41am On Aug 11, 2012
tpia@:
Hope they get busted.

would have said law enforcement should deposit some money there and wait for them to make a withdrawal.

but if they're internet fraudsters, a different means is needed to catch them.
siddon dia let them send the money and see what will happen...haven't you heard about transfer?
Re: Fraudsters Have Cloned My Phone Number - Fashola by steve022(m): 11:41am On Aug 11, 2012
They must be crazy.
Re: Fraudsters Have Cloned My Phone Number - Fashola by Biggyd2: 11:42am On Aug 11, 2012
But seriously, did any of those officials fall for the text? It will really be silly. I mean why will the governor send text to people working in an official capacity to pay money into "a certain account"?

2 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Have Cloned My Phone Number - Fashola by jude33084(m): 11:43am On Aug 11, 2012

[size=15pt]Suspect![/size]
angry
Re: Fraudsters Have Cloned My Phone Number - Fashola by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 11, 2012
fashola u dey craze, continue lieing.. U don use ur number do people yahoo yahoo cum de yarn nonsense
Re: Fraudsters Have Cloned My Phone Number - Fashola by PrinceDudu(m): 11:45am On Aug 11, 2012
Biggyd2: But seriously, did any of those officials fall for the text? It will really be silly. I mean why will the governor send text to people working in an official capacity to pay money into "a certain account"?

Thank you ma broda
Re: Fraudsters Have Cloned My Phone Number - Fashola by olaheavy: 11:45am On Aug 11, 2012

If this is investigated properly we'll see that the Igbo miscreants are behind this insane crime. They have indeed become a menace to our Yoruba society! Also, it's their fellow Igbo compatriots who don't like all of Raji Fashola's reforms that will first accuse him of lying. Never do well clowns, leave our Yorubaland, now!

2 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Have Cloned My Phone Number - Fashola by holysina(m): 11:46am On Aug 11, 2012
[quote author=gidson12]lies.....nobody cloned your number Oga fashola, [/quote

its true, I jst got thesame mesage wit fashola number now. This guyz ar eh...
Re: Fraudsters Have Cloned My Phone Number - Fashola by jude33084(m): 11:46am On Aug 11, 2012
gboss4sure: fashola u dey craze, continue lieing.. U don use ur number do people yahoo yahoo cum de yarn nonsense

ƗƗ♡w old are Ɣ☺Ʊ boy? wink

1 Like

Re: Fraudsters Have Cloned My Phone Number - Fashola by holysina(m): 11:48am On Aug 11, 2012
olaheavy:

If this is ivestiated properly we'll see that the Igbo miscreants are behind this insane crime. They have indeed become a menace to our Yoruba society! Also, it's their fellow Igbo compatriots who don't like all of Raji Fashola's reforms that will first accuse him of lying. Never do well clowns, leave our Yorubaland, now!

hahahahhahaha ur looking for a tribal war on dis topic, bt my broda sme of us a wiser dan dat
Re: Fraudsters Have Cloned My Phone Number - Fashola by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 11, 2012
Let him track them with his network operator and the fake bank accounts!
Re: Fraudsters Have Cloned My Phone Number - Fashola by Youngzedd(m): 11:57am On Aug 11, 2012
gboss4sure: fashola u dey craze, continue lieing.. U don use ur number do people yahoo yahoo cum de yarn nonsense

Interesting.......
Re: Fraudsters Have Cloned My Phone Number - Fashola by Dotman01(m): 11:58am On Aug 11, 2012
. . . And u are?
Re: Fraudsters Have Cloned My Phone Number - Fashola by stepo707: 11:59am On Aug 11, 2012
Who has fashola's number here?
Re: Fraudsters Have Cloned My Phone Number - Fashola by wandeay: 12:01pm On Aug 11, 2012
who cares
Re: Fraudsters Have Cloned My Phone Number - Fashola by Nwogbe: 12:04pm On Aug 11, 2012
stepo707: Who has fashola's number here?
u want do ur own?
Re: Fraudsters Have Cloned My Phone Number - Fashola by Sijo01(f): 12:05pm On Aug 11, 2012
Apprehending them wont be a difficult task...... The Bank should be inform about it, deposite some cash into the side account and wait for them to make the debit. Chikina!
Re: Fraudsters Have Cloned My Phone Number - Fashola by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 11, 2012
Now that he has blown the whistle they will be harder to trace.

They should have rapidly swung into action, launched a hi-tech sting operation and apprehended them before coming out and telling the world.

This is a wake up call to our Law Enforcement Community to be much more technological savvy because the criminals are becoming more hi-tech.
Re: Fraudsters Have Cloned My Phone Number - Fashola by philip0906(m): 12:12pm On Aug 11, 2012
so what exactly should we do with this piece of news?
Re: Fraudsters Have Cloned My Phone Number - Fashola by Youngzedd(m): 12:12pm On Aug 11, 2012
Did you guys really know what cloning is?

This is just a simple tricks they used to enrich their pocket.

Open a bank account with fake information, get the Govenor's Number and use bulk sms to send the message by using the Governor's number as the sender.
No big deal.

This is just what common sense can handle, it may be a primary school graduate that did this to Lagos state Governor and everybody is here shouting even those that don't know anything about how their browser works.

Before going into conclusion to any matter just think about the posibilities.

As for the game the phone was never CLONED rather simple trick.

What the law inforcement agents should do is to track the bank detail, find out the passport used to open the account and the banker that opened the account, He/She will explain better.

God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Fraudsters Have Cloned My Phone Number - Fashola by leunamme93(m): 12:20pm On Aug 11, 2012
Sijo01: Apprehending them wont be a difficult task...... The Bank should be inform about it, deposite some cash into the side account and wait for them to make the debit. Chikina!
nd wat abt d atm?? They cant be caught. Am sure they are not even in lagos.
Re: Fraudsters Have Cloned My Phone Number - Fashola by Ogosoga: 12:20pm On Aug 11, 2012
Is this a joke or what, how can Fashola say something like this? If truly some people cloned his phone number and send text messages which he must have seen the content of the message, why not contact the bank to trap the people, or do you want me to believe that the culprits do not go to withdraw the money when they get alert? This is a story for 4 years old children.
If a governor of a state cannot fish out this little crime that seems very easy to handle then why do we blame GEJ.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N2.5bn Fraud Uncovered In Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation / Power Outage In Imo Beyond Us - Enugu Electricity Distribution Company / INEC On Anambra Poll: Only Courts Can Cancel Entire Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.