Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,747 members, 7,955,844 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:50 PM

JTF Recovers 36 Bombs In Kano Raid - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JTF Recovers 36 Bombs In Kano Raid (7535 Views)

Police Discovers 19 Heavyweight Bombs In Adamawa, Foils Plans To Bomb Bridges / Boko Haram Plans To Use Mechanics, Car Wash Centers To Plant Bombs In Cars / JTF Recovers Rocket Propelled Grenade Tubes & Several GPM From Boko Haram (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

JTF Recovers 36 Bombs In Kano Raid by blackwall(m): 10:54am On Aug 12, 2012
Fight against terrorism JTF Recovers 36 Bombs In Kano Raid
Written by Lawan Danjuma Adamu, Kano   
Sunday, 12 August 2012 05:03

inShare
SocButtons plugin

Items recovered by JTF in a raid in Kano yesterday
Items recovered

*   36 IEDs of various calibre

*    3 guns

*    4 smoke guns

*    739 rounds of various calibre of ammunition

*    2.5 litres of nitric acid

*    7 bags of ammonia fertilizer

*    3 face masks

*    Military uniforms

*    Banners with Arabic inscriptions

*    90 packs of banger

*    55 medical syringes

*    Hand gloves

The Joint Task Force (JTF) in Kano said it has scuttled plans by “terrorist elements” to carry out fresh attacks in the state during a “pre-emptive” operation yesterday morning.

Muslim faithful are preparing for the Ed-el-fitr billed for this Saturday to mark the end of this year’s Ramadan fast.

Addressing newsmen yesterday at the headquarters of the 3 Brigade Nigerian Army in Kano, the JTF, through the state Director of State Security Service (SSS), Mr Bassey Eteng, disclosed that it had recovered large quantities of arms and ammunition as well as explosive devices that were to be used in the said plan.

JTF also said it arrested three persons in connection with the foiled attack.

According to the task force, the weapons were uncovered during a raid around 6:00am on a suspected hideout of the “terrorist elements” inside a bush in Tudun Bayero in Gadan Tamburawa suburb of Kano.

The hideout, which is located about 10 kilometres from Kano city off Zaria road, was initially used as a poultry house, said JTF.

Eteng said the raid was based on security information.

He stated, “From intelligence available, the materials and ordinances were to be used on innocent persons during the forthcoming Sallah celebration,” adding that the place was also used for production of propaganda materials by the group.

While urging members of the public to be more vigilant and to always avail security agencies with information that can help in restoring peace to the state, the director said investigations are still continuing with a view to apprehending more suspects. “We hope to make the state as peaceful as possible, so that people can go about their normal businesses,” he said.

Items recovered in the raid, according to JTF include: 36 IEDs of various calibres, five guns, four smoke guns, 739 rounds of various calibres of ammunition, 2.5 litres of nitric acid and seven bags of ammonia fertilizer.

Also recovered were three face masks, military uniforms, banners with Arabic inscriptions, 90 packs of bangers, 55 medical syringes and hand gloves, among others.

Also, the SSS director confirmed the arrest of the owner of Al-Amir restaurants chain, Alhaji Muktari over suspected links with the Boko Haram sect.

Eteng however disclosed that the suspect had been released by the JTF after being questioned.

“He was released the very day he was arrested after he was interrogated,” he said.

It would be recalled that the owner of the popular restaurant which has outfits across the country was picked on Thursday evening by men of the JTF at his residence in ‘Yan Majalisa Estate in Gwammaja quarters.

Sunday Trust could not reach him for comment.

http://sundaytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11041%3Afight-against-terrorism-jtf-recovers-36-bombs-in-kano-raid&catid=54%3Alead-stories&Itemid=127
Re: JTF Recovers 36 Bombs In Kano Raid by ebamma(m): 11:26am On Aug 12, 2012
thank God i'm the first to comment,i dedicate this honour to etisalat for the 15mb free data the give me to browse everyweek,i also dedicate this honour to my nokia 2700 phone,this phone have been with me through thick and thin,i also dedicate this honour to my landlord who i owe 6 months rent,thanks oga landlord for not giving me quit notice,

9 Likes

Re: JTF Recovers 36 Bombs In Kano Raid by jude33084(m): 11:27am On Aug 12, 2012
Outspoken Islamic cleric, Sheik Ahmad Abubakar Gumi, has demanded that the Nigerian government withdraw soldiers from violence-ridden northern cities because the government and soldiers are not really serious about fighting Boko Haram.

Instead, Mr. Gumi accused the soldiers of killing innocent Muslims across Northern Nigeria. He called on the government to send the soldiers back to the barracks for peace to reign.

The cleric also accused former President Olusegun Obasanjo and one-time Defense Minister General T.Y. Danjuma (ret.) of conspiring to retire competent Muslim military officers on account of their having held political appointments.

A source who heard Sheik Gumi's latest sermon at the famous Sultan Bello Mosque in Kaduna told SaharaReporters that Mr. Gumi made these observations at a well attended Ramadan sermon on Friday evening.

According to the source, the cleric "told the congregation that[b] he saw with his eyes how soldiers were beating an innocent citizen in Kaduna yesterday[b] (Friday) - after removing the citizen from a car." Mr. Gumi reportedly wondered which law gave a soldier or police officer the right to maltreat innocent people. He concluded that the government was not waging a fight against Boko Haram but was molesting Muslims in their most populated environment. He claimed that there was a plot to oppress Muslims since the Chief of Army Staff is a non-Muslim.

The source quoted Gumi as stating that the country was "back in the Ironsi days, querying why soldiers are molesting innocent Muslims on streets by forcing them off their motorcycles. "Are they the Boko Haram?" the source quoted Sheik Gumi as asking. He added that the cleric stated, "[The soldiers] know where Boko Haram is because they… have their telephone numbers and are interacting with them on the Internet. What we are saying is, Islam does not permit any one to be killed unjustly. We are not talking on behalf of Boko Haram or on behalf of government. Anyone that goes wrong we will not be afraid to say it.

"I read in the papers that this American woman came and said that they cannot use force and fight Boko Haram. And we know they will say sweet things in public and continue conspiracy underground. What we are saying is in the spirit of peace; they should remove these soldiers and police on the roads and nothing will happen to us in the name of Allah.

Sheik Gumi reportedly suggested that it was the presence of soldiers and police on streets that draws attacks by Boko Haram, leading to civilian casualty. "Take them [soldiers and police] to the barracks or rooms and we will get peace," the cleric reportedly said.

Our source disclosed that Mr. Gumi accused some powerful elements of using the threat of Boko Haram as a ruse to mistreat Muslims. "They are following our innocent people and killing them in the name of Boko Haram. If the Boko Haram [militants] are Muslims, they should leave us with them, and enter their barracks. Muslim cities like Sokoto, Kano, Maiduguri, Kaduna, Bauchi, Yobe and all others should be vacated," the sheik reportedly said.

http://m.naij.com/news/5293.html

Preaching of hate ąg∂ɪ̣̇η undecided
Re: JTF Recovers 36 Bombs In Kano Raid by overkillR(f): 11:31am On Aug 12, 2012
These guys are unrepentant!

1 Like

Re: JTF Recovers 36 Bombs In Kano Raid by amosy007: 11:35am On Aug 12, 2012
Is 72virgins, and pool of beers in a paradise that u aint sure exist what killing people en masse for? BTW am sure Jtf wnt find d bombs or the factory if they(boko namas) are to carry out the attack on Christmas or easter.. Yeye dey smell

2 Likes

Re: JTF Recovers 36 Bombs In Kano Raid by ebamma(m): 11:36am On Aug 12, 2012
the motto of bokoharam is get 77virgins or die trying

3 Likes

Re: JTF Recovers 36 Bombs In Kano Raid by emsgray: 11:39am On Aug 12, 2012
that's no news to, it's because it's wasn't targeted on christians.
secondly, get us the sponsors. name the sponsors of bokoharam . we know you know them.
Re: JTF Recovers 36 Bombs In Kano Raid by amosy007: 11:42am On Aug 12, 2012
overkill®:
the struggle continue.. Allah has instructed prophet osama bin latrin (piss unto him)
prophet shekau (piss/shit unto him)
prophet abu qada (piss unto him) to bring more blood to his kingdom in exchange for 72virgins and a pool of beer and u expect them to repent

6 Likes

Re: JTF Recovers 36 Bombs In Kano Raid by jude33084(m): 11:43am On Aug 12, 2012
Ť☺ these Imam, killing christians isn't their concern bt dealing with stuborn muslims is ∂ bigger deal. undecided

ΆŋԂ H̲̅€ preached PEACE! cool

Re: JTF Recovers 36 Bombs In Kano Raid by stillme(m): 11:48am On Aug 12, 2012
This man is evil.
Re: JTF Recovers 36 Bombs In Kano Raid by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 12, 2012
Islam married Violence and they gave birth to Bombs,kalashnikov, swords etc who will divorce islam and violence? A billion dollar question
Re: JTF Recovers 36 Bombs In Kano Raid by KingPradas(m): 12:07pm On Aug 12, 2012
This is something else
Re: JTF Recovers 36 Bombs In Kano Raid by kolajoo(m): 12:09pm On Aug 12, 2012
ebamma: thank God i'm the first to comment,i dedicate this honour to etisalat for the 15mb free data the give me to browse everyweek,i also dedicate this honour to my nokia 2700 phone,this phone have been with me through thick and thin,i also dedicate this honour to my landlord who i owe 6 months rent,thanks oga landlord for not giving me quit notice,
lol
Re: JTF Recovers 36 Bombs In Kano Raid by francis4real(m): 12:17pm On Aug 12, 2012
This man ia an idiot, fool, overall BASTERD he believe Nigerians are fool like himself. Government should widraw security blablabla, blood suckers. ;DThis man ia an idiot, fool, overall BASTERD he believe Nigerians are fool like himself. Government should widraw security blablabla, blood suckers.
Re: JTF Recovers 36 Bombs In Kano Raid by Remii(m): 12:17pm On Aug 12, 2012
Re: JTF Recovers 36 Bombs In Kano Raid by francis4real(m): 12:20pm On Aug 12, 2012
This man ia an idiot, fool, overall BASTERD he believe Nigerians are fool like himself. Government should widraw security blablabla, blood suckers. ;DThis man ia an idiot, fool, overall BASTERD he believe Nigerians are fool like himself. Government should widraw security blablabla, blood suckers.
Re: JTF Recovers 36 Bombs In Kano Raid by greall1: 12:21pm On Aug 12, 2012
U be original mu mu.

quote author=ebamma]thank God i'm the first to comment,i dedicate this honour to etisalat for the 15mb free data the give me to browse everyweek,i also dedicate this honour to my nokia 2700 phone,this phone have been with me through thick and thin,i also dedicate this honour to my landlord who i owe 6 months rent,thanks oga landlord for not giving me quit notice,[/quote]
Re: JTF Recovers 36 Bombs In Kano Raid by aryzgreat: 12:29pm On Aug 12, 2012

Items recovered by JTF in a raid in Kano yesterday
Items recovered

* 36 IEDs of various calibre

* 3 guns

* 4 smoke guns

* 739 rounds of various calibre of ammunition

* 2.5 litres of nitric acid

* 7 bags of ammonia fertilizer

* 3 face masks

* Military uniforms

* Banners with Arabic inscriptions

* 90 packs of banger

* 55 medical syringes

* Hand gloves

Arabic inscription probably praising their allah and people like lacasa will come and say boko haram are christians, may God have mercy on u virgin seekers!

That bastard called Gumi should be apprehended immediately, this is d kind of hatred they preach every friday in their cult house called mosque, imagine he called Hillary clinton " that american woman" to show u d disrespect they have for women even those in authority, the animal is claiming they can handle boko haram if JTF leaves, thunder and lightening ignite his he-goat bear bear! His intention is to allow d jihadist continue bombing churches which they indirectly support. Stewpid islamic goat! angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: JTF Recovers 36 Bombs In Kano Raid by RickyRoss1(m): 12:39pm On Aug 12, 2012
WE NEED MORE OF THESE, I WISH GOODLUCK JONATHAN CAN GROW SOME BALLS AND FIGHT THESE FOOOLS FIRE FOR FIRE....
WHY ARE THESE MUSLIM TERRORISTS SHOUTING NOW? WHERE WERE THEY WHEN THESE ILLITERATES WERE KILLING INNOCENT CHRISTIANS?
PLS THESE SOLDIERS MUST NOT STOP, THEY MUST CONTINUE THIS GOOD JOB FOR THOSE THAT REFUSE TO ACCEPT PEACE...
Re: JTF Recovers 36 Bombs In Kano Raid by Gabrielsylar(m): 12:42pm On Aug 12, 2012
ebamma: thank God i'm the first to comment,i dedicate this honour to etisalat for the 15mb free data the give me to browse everyweek,i also dedicate this honour to my nokia 2700 phone,this phone have been with me through thick and thin,i also dedicate this honour to my landlord who i owe 6 months rent,thanks oga landlord for not giving me quit notice,
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheiiiii see broke asssssssssesssss lolololol e go betterrrrrrr my man
Re: JTF Recovers 36 Bombs In Kano Raid by ashson: 12:51pm On Aug 12, 2012
aryzgreat:

Arabic inscription probably praising their allah and people like lacasa will come and say boko haram are christians, may God have mercy on u virgin seekers!

That bastard called Gumi should be apprehended immediately, this is d kind of hatred they preach every friday in their cult house called mosque, imagine he called Hillary clinton " that american woman" to show u d disrespect they have for women even those in authority, the animal is claiming they can handle boko haram if JTF leaves, thunder and lightening ignite his he-goat bear bear! His intention is to allow d jihadist continue bombing churches which they indirectly support. Stewpid islamic goat! angry angry angry
you are the most stewpid to have said that, u ar just an empty skull, go back to school pls
Re: JTF Recovers 36 Bombs In Kano Raid by pembisco(m): 12:54pm On Aug 12, 2012
Shreck gumi! Allah ìs an idol,d god of moon wch is evn on top of evri cult house kald mosque! Repent nd receive jesus christ as ur lord nd saviour,only den kn u be saved!
Re: JTF Recovers 36 Bombs In Kano Raid by lacasa: 12:59pm On Aug 12, 2012
Dumb comments on ds thread grin
Re: JTF Recovers 36 Bombs In Kano Raid by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 12, 2012
The more I read stories about boko haram,the more I pity GEJ! He is really sorrounded by enemies.I just pray that a repeat of what happened to Aguiyi Ironsi will not happen to him. embarassed

1 Like

Re: JTF Recovers 36 Bombs In Kano Raid by samkoro: 1:14pm On Aug 12, 2012
The reason the Gumi called Mrs Bill Clinton the American woman ,stems from the culture of disrespect Islam has for women.A thought on the following explains it.

The woman who dies and with whom the husband is satisfied will go to paradise.

A wife should never refuse herself to her husband even if it is on the saddle of a camel.

Hellfire appeared to me(Mohamed) in a dream and I noticed that it was above all peopled with women who had been ungrateful. "Was it toward God that they were ungrateful?" They had not shown any gratitude toward their husbands for all they had received from them. Even when all your life you have showered a woman with your largesse she will still find something petty to reproach you with one day, saying, "You have never done anything for me."

If anything presages a bad omen it is: a house, a woman, a horse.Which in the contemporary sense means. a home(house) were a woman rides a horse(car).

Never will a people know success if they confide their affairs to a woman. Ha ! Ha! Ha! The reason 99.9 percent of moslem societies are the poorest in the world
Re: JTF Recovers 36 Bombs In Kano Raid by Modelling(f): 1:27pm On Aug 12, 2012
meaning?
Re: JTF Recovers 36 Bombs In Kano Raid by maigaskiya1: 1:27pm On Aug 12, 2012
jude33084: Outspoken Islamic cleric, Sheik Ahmad Abubakar Gumi, has demanded that the Nigerian government withdraw soldiers from violence-ridden northern cities because the government and soldiers are not really serious about fighting Boko Haram.

Instead, Mr. Gumi accused the soldiers of killing innocent Muslims across Northern Nigeria. He called on the government to send the soldiers back to the barracks for peace to reign.

The cleric also accused former President Olusegun Obasanjo and one-time Defense Minister General T.Y. Danjuma (ret.) of conspiring to retire competent Muslim military officers on account of their having held political appointments.

A source who heard Sheik Gumi's latest sermon at the famous Sultan Bello Mosque in Kaduna told SaharaReporters that Mr. Gumi made these observations at a well attended Ramadan sermon on Friday evening.

According to the source, the cleric "told the congregation that[b] he saw with his eyes how soldiers were beating an innocent citizen in Kaduna yesterday[b] (Friday) - after removing the citizen from a car." Mr. Gumi reportedly wondered which law gave a soldier or police officer the right to maltreat innocent people. He concluded that the government was not waging a fight against Boko Haram but was molesting Muslims in their most populated environment. He claimed that there was a plot to oppress Muslims since the Chief of Army Staff is a non-Muslim.

The source quoted Gumi as stating that the country was "back in the Ironsi days, querying why soldiers are molesting innocent Muslims on streets by forcing them off their motorcycles. "Are they the Boko Haram?" the source quoted Sheik Gumi as asking. He added that the cleric stated, "[The soldiers] know where Boko Haram is because they… have their telephone numbers and are interacting with them on the Internet. What we are saying is, Islam does not permit any one to be killed unjustly. We are not talking on behalf of Boko Haram or on behalf of government. Anyone that goes wrong we will not be afraid to say it.

"I read in the papers that this American woman came and said that they cannot use force and fight Boko Haram. And we know they will say sweet things in public and continue conspiracy underground. What we are saying is in the spirit of peace; they should remove these soldiers and police on the roads and nothing will happen to us in the name of Allah.

Sheik Gumi reportedly suggested that it was the presence of soldiers and police on streets that draws attacks by Boko Haram, leading to civilian casualty. "Take them [soldiers and police] to the barracks or rooms and we will get peace," the cleric reportedly said.

Our source disclosed that Mr. Gumi accused some powerful elements of using the threat of Boko Haram as a ruse to mistreat Muslims. "They are following our innocent people and killing them in the name of Boko Haram. If the Boko Haram [militants] are Muslims, they should leave us with them, and enter their barracks. Muslim cities like Sokoto, Kano, Maiduguri, Kaduna, Bauchi, Yobe and all others should be vacated," the sheik reportedly said.

http://m.naij.com/news/5293.html

Preaching of hate ąg∂ɪ̣̇η undecided
if we re bk 2 ironsi era nd d army chief is an xtian let hm plan a coup or betar stil wage a war nd lets se d outcm.bulshit
Re: JTF Recovers 36 Bombs In Kano Raid by Eruba7: 1:28pm On Aug 12, 2012
well done jtf but u guys should adopt a better investigation method not only finding this and dat without trailing the source or the owner of the property where they stay and perform there evil pratices
Re: JTF Recovers 36 Bombs In Kano Raid by Bzoe(f): 1:36pm On Aug 12, 2012
God help nigeria and let ur peace reign
Re: JTF Recovers 36 Bombs In Kano Raid by maigaskiya1: 1:36pm On Aug 12, 2012
overkill®:
thank god events re unfoldng nd ds bastards re gvng reasonable nijerians more reasn 2 stand by gudluk.its nw crystal clear dat ds animals in babariga re purposly fuelng crises cos dy re nt in power.but i hav one mesage 4dm dy kant buly we nijerians 2 dance 2 dia wil if dm lxk let dm bomb d heck out of d north d jtf wil rather increase d amount of trops nd wil be more reckles nd gudluk must continue in power.so mr sherieck d lagos lagoon is big enuf 4d entire north.hoples juju priest

1 Like

Re: JTF Recovers 36 Bombs In Kano Raid by Omexonomy: 1:42pm On Aug 12, 2012
hope say u well o ma se seun you see wetin you cause

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Jailed 5yrs For Stealing Gold Earrings / Nigerian Press One Of The World's Freest - UN / Wike Vs Ajumogobia, Who Would You Prefer As Rivers State Governor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.