Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,167 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Whats The Working Condition Like In Its/huawei - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Whats The Working Condition Like In Its/huawei (4218 Views)

The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter / I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! / Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats The Working Condition Like In Its/huawei by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 12, 2012
Hello house,did an interview with ITS(I hear they are now bought over by Huawei)for the position of TABS Application Support.Got a call this Friday that i should prepare for resumption.meanwhile,i currently work for a consulting firm where i am primarily support HP Quality Center for their for a big telecom firm in Nigeria .My concern is,alot of guys have been saying Huawei is a terrible place to work in terms of management and staff relationship.also,they said job stability is low in Huawei.I currently enjoy what i do,But is it worth leaving for a multinational company like ITS/Huawei?...are these assumptions people say about ITS/Huawei generally true? Plz,i need experience Telecom professional to advise me on this.I really don't want to make i mistake if Huawei is not going to be a growth platform for me.Note,i have less than 2 years experience in IT.

Thanks for your contributions
Re: Whats The Working Condition Like In Its/huawei by sisieko2001: 3:12pm On Aug 12, 2012
goodsegs: Hello house,did an interview with ITS(I hear they are now bought over by Huawei)for the position of TABS Application Support.Got a call this Friday that i should prepare for resumption.meanwhile,i currently work for a consulting firm where i am primarily support HP Quality Center for their for a big telecom firm in Nigeria .My concern is,alot of guys have been saying Huawei is a terrible place to work in terms of management and staff relationship.also,they said job stability is low in Huawei.I currently enjoy what i do,But is it worth leaving for a multinational company like ITS/Huawei?...are these assumptions people say about ITS/Huawei generally true? Plz,i need experience Telecom professional to advise me on this.I really don't want to make i mistake if Huawei is not going to be a growth platform for me.Note,i have less than 2 years experience in IT.

Thanks for your contributions

i know someone that worked there briefly. he did not speak well at all about the company.he hated it there to the extent that he resigned and he chose to stay at home for about 3 months before securing another job.he didnt speak well at all about the chinese managers there. . . . the way they address nigerians, etc.

you have to look at the bigger picture. is huwaei offering better pay? what are your prospects for promotion, pay rise, etc within the company you currently work for?

1 Like

Re: Whats The Working Condition Like In Its/huawei by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 12, 2012
In my opinion, huawei is not a good place to work. Except you want to enjoy kissing the asz of chinese managers. I know a couple of people who work there who don't enjoy it. Different buses for chinese and nigerians. You'd be amazed the way they relegate nigerians in the office to mere support staff. You should also know they are very protective of their technology and so keep nigerians off the sensitive stuff.
While i know some people who have left because of this, i know others who have gone there just so they can get a multinational into their CV. I'd advise to work there only if you intend to leave later for alcatel or ericsson. Point is, though huawei is currently the biggest in nigeria, alcatel/ericsson offer you better chances of personal development.
Re: Whats The Working Condition Like In Its/huawei by sisieko2001: 3:59pm On Aug 12, 2012
sauer: In my opinion, huawei is not a good place to work. Except you want to enjoy kissing the ass of chinese managers. I know a couple of people who work there who don't enjoy it. Different buses for chinese and nigerians. You'd be amazed the way they relegate nigerians in the office to mere support staff. You should also know they are very protective of their technology and so keep nigerians off the sensitive stuff.
While i know some people who have left because of this, i know others who have gone there just so they can get a multinational into their CV. I'd advise to work there only if you intend to leave later for alcatel or ericsson. Point is, though huawei is currently the biggest in nigeria, alcatel/ericsson offer you better chances of personal development.

SO TRUE.

they installed some sort of software on my friends laptop that prohibited any form of copying/transferring of files (work related or not) from his laptop.

he did everything possible to get the stuff removed. no luck.

he had to format his hard drive as he was left with no option undecided
Re: Whats The Working Condition Like In Its/huawei by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 12, 2012
sisieko2001:

SO TRUE.

they installed some sort of software on my friends laptop that prohibited any form of copying/transferring of files (work related or not) from his laptop.

he did everything possible to get the stuff removed. no luck.

he had to format his hard drive as he was left with no option undecided
They are chinese. What do you expect?
Re: Whats The Working Condition Like In Its/huawei by ayox2003: 5:02pm On Aug 12, 2012
OP, Sisieko and Sauer nailed it! They have said it all. If u wanna broaden ur scope/knowledge, u can take it but be prepared to be treated "anyhow".

Frawzey.

1 Like

Re: Whats The Working Condition Like In Its/huawei by Nobody: 1:33am On Aug 13, 2012
I lovvee the experience am getting in this company,also,I am much more concern about job stability and and a good growth platform. Huawei is offering something slightly higher than where I am.But I have met a lot of Huawei staff who don't speak goood of the company,and I doont reli picture myself in such situation.
sisieko2001:

i know someone that worked there briefly. he did not speak well at all about the company.he hated it there to the extent that he resigned and he chose to stay at home for about 3 months before securing another job.he didnt speak well at all about the chinese managers there. . . . the way they address nigerians, etc.

you have to look at the bigger picture. is huwaei offering better pay? what are your prospects for promotion, pay rise, etc within the company you currently work for?
Re: Whats The Working Condition Like In Its/huawei by empowerdex(m): 2:12am On Aug 18, 2012
Pls take my advise from someone who know 3 people working there, the conditions are craaap!!, my pals work even on sunday's, the chinks are as rude and uncouth like hell, they mostly hire on contract and the mad workload and constant travel won't allow u update ur IT skills, after 18 months there you'll be a dinosoar, if u have no choice work there,' naija people like person wey don work with oyibo' if not just use there as a staging post and launch outta there, next matter pls
Re: Whats The Working Condition Like In Its/huawei by AK481(m): 2:21pm On Jul 25, 2013
oga what did u finally do?
looks like i am begining to be in your former shoe,i currently have an i.t job of less than a year experience bt i am at the interview stage of huwawei graduate trainee recruitment.
Re: Whats The Working Condition Like In Its/huawei by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 25, 2013
Huawei is a good training platform. Though they may not have a good working conditions. But remember u are just starting like I said.so any great learning platform wouldn't be a bad idea. I didn't take the offer becos I got something else.

(1) (Reply)

5 Reasons Teamwork Is Key To Your Company's Growth / Certification Edge Interview / Architecture Vs Chemical Engineering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.