Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,622 members, 7,770,656 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:39 PM

Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? (33351 Views)

Nine Things Nigerian Bankers Hate About Their Jobs / Bankers To Be Sacked For Introducing Customers To MMM / For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? by luvluvluv: 5:50pm On Jun 14, 2015
Good day all. Let's make this thread a place to help us grow in our banking line. As we know, the banking industry employs from all fields but you will need consistent self development to measure up or even unsurp the performance of your colleagues whose bases are in the financial desciplines.

Here, we will share personal experience as it concerns how well to remain relevant and build on that relevance. What professional courses are necessary. Our long and short term goal.

All ideas are welcome. ex bankers or aspiring ones. Welcome on board!

2 Likes

Re: Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? by Beesluv: 5:56pm On Jun 14, 2015
Nice 1
The over rated targets and job insecurity in the banking industry should be looked into. It's not encouraging at all

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? by luvluvluv: 7:49pm On Jun 14, 2015
Every dept with its target & Somtyms very unrealistic too... how hav u guys been coping?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? by Adesiji77: 11:02pm On Jul 25, 2015
luvluvluv:
Every dept with its target & Somtyms very unrealistic too... how hav u guys been coping?

Are you a "marketer"?

CC: 234GT, ruffhandu, ednut1, Fruityruthy, Gemc3, Rilwayne001, walearoy, vitality22, Caracta, Cutehector, lalasticlala
Re: Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? by ednut1(m): 11:16pm On Jul 25, 2015
luvluvluv:
somehow true the marketers feel the heat most, bt in a bank there are tbills bonds fx traders, IT related roles,operations, internal auditors/control, finance and reporting etc. sometimes I wonder who is really a banker as perceived by Nigerians grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? by walearoy(m): 6:22am On Jul 26, 2015
Any organisation that needs growth needs a marketing force, this set of people ensure the products and services of the organisation gets patronage hence no marketing no growth organisation.

As regards the crazy target, it's truly crazy! However human naturally are lazy and just a few are self motivated.
This target ensure every sales person is on his or her feet, always selling continuously. The unrealisticness is to ensure you get to the peak of your elasticity, this enables the organisation get maximum value for your service.

Pls Note
Banking marketing is way easier that Insurance marketing, as everyone needs a bank irrespective of the age however not everyone sees insurance as a need.

The bank hires and fires irrespective of your educational qualification or length of service, so the my noble colleagues, always have a back up plan and don't get distracted with the entire banking job, cos we are building another man's empire and not ours.

Adesiji77 iv done the needful o

*Modified*
Front Page
Walearoy@gmail.com just in case there's an opening anywhere.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? by 234GT(m): 2:25pm On Jul 26, 2015
I just think the unrealistic targets are to grind out the best from employees. The banks don't really expect you to meet those targets.
The way forward is giving your possible best and having a clear conscience that you couldn't have done better!

3 Likes

Re: Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? by Eddodoh(m): 2:37pm On Jul 26, 2015
234GT:
I just think the unrealistic targets are to grind out the best from employees. The banks don't really expect you to meet those targets.
The way forward is giving your possible best and having a clear conscience that you couldn't have done better!
The banks dnt expect u 2 meet d targets but dey still go ahead 2 sack u 4 not meeting d targets

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? by 234GT(m): 2:46pm On Jul 26, 2015
Eddodoh:

The banks dnt expect u 2 meet d targets but dey still go ahead 2 sack u 4 not meeting d targets

Banks still fire those who meet their targets, so everyone is susceptible to being fired.

3 Likes

Re: Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? by Eddodoh(m): 5:40pm On Jul 26, 2015
234GT:

Banks still fire those who meet their targets, so everyone is susceptible to being fired.
The reason why i prefer low paying jobs dat can give me tym devoid of dis targets

1 Like

Re: Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? by luvluvluv: 6:32pm On Jul 26, 2015
Adesiji77:

Are you a "marketer"?

CC: 234GT, ruffhandu, ednut1, Fruityruthy, Gemc3, Rilwayne001, walearoy, vitality22, Caracta, Cutehector, lalasticlala

No sir... am in operations + other duties attached dat is eatin up my tym like salad shocked

2 Likes

Re: Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? by luvluvluv: 6:35pm On Jul 26, 2015
ednut1:
somehow true the marketers feel the heat most, bt in a bank there are tbills bonds fx traders, IT related roles,operations, internal auditors/control, finance and reporting etc. sometimes I wonder who is really a banker as perceived by Nigerians grin

Lol...obviously, the meanin we attach to the word "banker" is actually a wrong one but dats excusable if u ask me
Re: Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? by Adesiji77: 6:37pm On Jul 26, 2015
walearoy:

You have spoken well bro, welldone cheesy
Re: Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? by Adesiji77: 6:38pm On Jul 26, 2015
luvluvluv:

No sir... am in operations + other duties attached dat is eatin up my tym like salad shocked

grin
Re: Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? by Adesiji77: 6:40pm On Jul 26, 2015
234GT:

I am telling you!

No one is immune, as long as you are an employee.

One must prepare for exit from the first day of resumption.

1 Like

Re: Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? by luvluvluv: 6:43pm On Jul 26, 2015
walearoy:
Any organisation that needs growth needs a marketing force, this set of people ensure the products and services of the organisation gets patronage hence no marketing no growth organisation.

As regards the crazy target, it's truly crazy! However human naturally are lazy and just a few are self motivated.
This target ensure every sales person is on his or her feet, always selling continuously. The unrealisticness is to ensure you get to the peak of your elasticity, this enables the organisation get maximum value for your service.

Pls Note
Banking marketing is way easier that Insurance marketing, as everyone needs a bank irrespective of the age however not everyone sees insurance as a need.

The bank hires and fires irrespective of your educational qualification or length of service, so the my noble colleagues, always have a back up plan and don't get distracted with the entire banking job, cos we are building another man's empire and not ours.

Hmm...well said. however I think if this elastic limit is exceeded, breaking myt set in.

I was opportune to do marketin in d same organizatn. I tell u, I almost insured my shoes coz of the treakin involved but thank God for their brand dat has made it easier.

Talkin about insurance, why wld any prospective customer want 2 do insurance wen all u hear from them is "incase of death"...hehe.

3 Likes

Re: Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? by luvluvluv: 6:46pm On Jul 26, 2015
234GT:

have u rili seen a bank merketer who is not meeting target? U seriously don't want to imagine it. It far worse dan u jus assumed...its well

3 Likes

Re: Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? by LieDetector(m): 7:05pm On Jul 26, 2015
I don't know the way forward. Does it mean I'll be banned from commenting on nairaland?

Just curious
Re: Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? by angelTI(f): 7:06pm On Jul 26, 2015
Here to learn and be more enlightened
Re: Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? by shedrack2222: 7:06pm On Jul 26, 2015
Okk

Eya! check out these photos from a LASTMA scene of arrest

[url]proudlyweb.com/eya-check-out-these-photos-from-a-lastma-scene-of-arrest[/url]
Re: Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? by youngwarlocks: 7:10pm On Jul 26, 2015
ok
Re: Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? by Denn(m): 7:14pm On Jul 26, 2015
The moment a bank expects young grads to get in funds at any cost, integrity and professionalism is sacrificed.

The most promoted bankers are not the best bankers....they are people who can meet set targets.

Overtime, we get people who can just bring in deposits or roll over term loans in higher positions. The real professionals are frustrated out.

Banking is more than just getting in deposits or booking loans.

That is why we have a lot of bad loans in the system. The real intelligent bankers have been frustrated out. Cowboys now reign supreme.

I look at some products developed by banks and can only laugh. Where is the innovation?

I attend MPRs and listen to the jumbles being read by the unit heads. Deposits....deposits....deposits....

Some jackal will even abuse parents of low deposit scavengers.

A paradigm shift is required. Focus should be on profit via professional service and not on vacuuming all the deposits in the country just to play at the interbank market.

What is zenith bank doing to help the SMEs for example. How many dark skinned girls do you see in Zenith Bank? Is banking excellence dependent on your skin colour and skirt lenght? Must I look sexy to be a banker ?

What is diamond bank doing to reduce the enormous visa credit card bad debts booked from relentless 'marketing'. Did they not learn from ecobank's mistake using the same template?

Why is Stanbic focused on temporary makeshift branches with very few relationship officers? Relationship is key and should constitute the main workforce....not expatriates in the head office.

Why should a banker earn 25k monthly. Should he even be a temporary staff? A bank thrives on fiduciary relationships. At least your worker must trust that he will have his job permanently. Else, he uses your internet access to search for job. DSA my foot

The whole cauldron of ineffective 'marketing' must be thrown away and new processes must be adopted.

99 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? by Joshuabak: 7:15pm On Jul 26, 2015
The best thing that can happen to any young Nigerian banker is to develop yourself professionally and learn as much you can learn.
Check out www.kamaroozy.com if you are thinking of owning a fashion store....thank me later

1 Like

Re: Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? by babyfaceafrica: 7:18pm On Jul 26, 2015
How true is it that bankers live a fake life..meaning they don't portray what they are worth?

1 Like

Re: Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? by walearoy(m): 7:19pm On Jul 26, 2015
luvluvluv:

Hmm...well said. however I think if this elastic limit is exceeded, breaking myt set in.
I was opportune to do marketin in d same organizatn. I tell u, I almost insured my shoes coz of the treakin involved but thank God for their brand dat has made it easier.
Talkin about insurance, why wld any prospective customer want 2 do insurance wen all u hear from them is "incase of death"...hehe.

I also just joined ops, but I kind of miss mktn!
Re: Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? by anigold(m): 7:20pm On Jul 26, 2015
Beesluv:
Nice 1
The over rated targets and job insecurity in the banking industry should be looked into. It's not encouraging at all

sexual harassment and corporate prostitution should also be looked into...

Also unrealistic financial targets imposed on Marketing team should also be looked into....
Re: Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 26, 2015
K
Re: Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 26, 2015
Bankers are my friend
Re: Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? by Ebbunwa(m): 7:23pm On Jul 26, 2015
Nice thread,

1 Like

Re: Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? by timilehing(m): 7:24pm On Jul 26, 2015
Better resign & start doing a biz with the little doe you've got. A Teller/canter/marketer has no solid future with any bank unless......... U know the rest

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Glaring Signs That You Are Being Underpaid (Photos) / How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? / 10 Nigeria Professions That Never Escape Law Of Karma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.