Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) (16960 Views)

Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? / The Origin Of Hair Extensions-with Pictures / Pictures Of Hair Styles, Weave-ons, And Braids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 27, 2012
JallowBah:

Some women look damn good with no hair, as long as the head-shape is good.

I have a big forehead so I definitely won't go bald or low lmao.

but I have seen some sisters who can rock them and look fine! wink

btw I love those pix you uploaded.
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by JallowBah(f): 10:31pm On Aug 27, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

I have a big forehead so I definitely won't go bald or low lmao.

but I have seen some sisters who can rock them and look fine! wink

btw I love those pix you uploaded.

Thank yousmiley

I have been bald, and had a mohawk. The mohawk looked damn good on me, thugh, but skinned? I looked like a damn nazi..tongue But my mother looked REALLY good with her head skinned 15years ago.

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 27, 2012
JallowBah:

Thank yousmiley

I have been bald, and had a mohawk. The mohawk looked damn good on me, thugh, but skinned? I looked like a damn nazi..tongue But my mother looked REALLY good with her head skinned 15years ago.

LOL! grin

I am about to start my natural hair journey and this girl I know who has been natural (as in no perms and sewn in weaves) for 4 years, told me that she had to chop her hair off at first to get back to its natural state and that that is my best option.

He hair is VERY long and thick. Just gorgeous and poofy..(like the picture in my profile) which is what I want.

Anyway, when I heard "chop" grin
I almost cried! grin

luckily, i am a youtube addict and spent the entire day that day looking at "how to go natural without the chop" videos and found out that I don't have to do a thing except clip my ends each time I see new growth and eventually my entire head will be full of untainted natural hair. I was happy! grin

I just can't do it. My hair isn't meant to be shaved. undecided
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by JallowBah(f): 4:09pm On Aug 28, 2012
For some, it works like a charm. My hair didnt grow much before I to dreadlocks, actually..wink Now they grow FAST.
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 28, 2012
JallowBah: For some, it works like a charm. My hair didnt grow much before I to dreadlocks, actually..wink Now they grow FAST.

interesting.

i don't know if i could do the dreads thing tho. undecided
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by kandiikane(m): 4:58pm On Aug 28, 2012
slimyem: you are just looking for trouble.....isn't it?
I did it because i wanted it...not because of what you/anybody else would have to say about it!
Satisfied??how would you know?
You saw like 1/5 of my head and you conclude its not the right shape?
Lol.
I'm in no mood for your wahala..

Lmaoo! tongue

I have this friend who also went bald with me but her headshape is really flat at the back with two horns at the front. I didn't say anything because obviously, she couldn't see the back of her head.
Lol!

I haven't rocked my normal head look for a while because my face has gone slim and looks long. I feel it will now look weird just go out like that. Need fat.
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by JallowBah(f): 5:04pm On Aug 28, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

interesting.

i don't know if i could do the dreads thing tho. undecided

It absolutely not for everyone, thats for sure. Not much work to take care of, though, if you`re like me and prefer the natural looksmiley The dreadlocks that are perfect all the way seems for me..too perfect. And aint nothing perfect in this world.
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by kandiikane(m): 5:52pm On Aug 28, 2012
My hair at the moment. I did it myself. smiley

Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by JallowBah(f): 7:51pm On Aug 28, 2012
I love that heavy ban.g in front..looks like it matches the shape of your face.
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by slimyem: 7:54pm On Aug 28, 2012
kandiikane: My hair at the moment. I did it myself. smiley
please explain the bolded..
You styled it yourself or fixed the whole hair yourself??
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by kandiikane(m): 7:58pm On Aug 28, 2012
JallowBah: I love that heavy bang in front..looks like it matches the shape of your face.
Thank you. smiley
slimyem: please explain the bolded..
You styled it yourself or fixed the whole hair yourself??
I did it myself. Bought a wigcap and sewed the weave on. I usually make my own wigs and hair but this is the first time I actually used my head to sew the weave because I needed it to be perfect aand style it to suit my face.
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by JallowBah(f): 11:11pm On Aug 28, 2012

Mines. I love em.
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by kandiikane(m): 11:19pm On Aug 28, 2012
Can we see your husband's rasta? cheesy grin
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by JallowBah(f): 11:30pm On Aug 28, 2012

Ah, my sweet hubby.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by kandiikane(m): 11:34pm On Aug 28, 2012
Wow! Nice.

How long has he been growing it?
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by JallowBah(f): 11:38pm On Aug 28, 2012
kandiikane: Wow! Nice.

How long has he been growing it?

He started his in 2005, if I remember correctly. so about 7 years now.
He has talked about cutting them ( blaming Islam, he is too old, blablabla. ), but I told him that if he shave, I shave. Lol.

And, for the muslims: Google islam and dreadlocks/rasta. The only thing some imams worry about is the last cleansing; if the water can wash through all the hair. And with dreadlocks, it cansmiley

Oh, and another reason he thinks about cutting..he kinda miss how they used to be. He has been jumped and thiefed FOUR times in 4years in Norway, and he fights back, and they pulled out about 30-35 rastas all together..
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by kandiikane(m): 11:42pm On Aug 28, 2012
Ah ok.

Ahaha, I can't wait for my hair to get to that length in 7years.

Maybe I should dread my hair too?
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by JallowBah(f): 11:44pm On Aug 28, 2012
Yes, you should. Lol.

No, dont do it if you dont really want to. Cause when you want them out, you need to cut off almost all of your hair. So, its a commitmentsmiley
But, I have to say..looooong, looooong, thick braids are so, so, so, nice. Let me find a pic.
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by JallowBah(f): 11:47pm On Aug 28, 2012
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by kandiikane(m): 2:45am On Aug 29, 2012
I may do that. I have always wanted to have big and long braids but never had anyone to do it for me.

It will be easier to maintain.
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by JallowBah(f): 7:44am On Aug 29, 2012
kandiikane: I may do that. I have always wanted to have big and long braids but never had anyone to do it for me.

It will be easier to maintain.

Do it. If its too long and heavy for you, cut it shorter. My husband cant go around with a headwrap like me, he says his neck starts hurtingwink Its about what you are used to.
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by Emmyk(m): 11:27am On Aug 29, 2012
here's mine. afro temp fade

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by JallowBah(f): 11:50am On Aug 29, 2012
Emmyk, your hairline in front..did you shave it, or is it natural? Very..sharp. And I mean that in a good way.
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by Emmyk(m): 1:54pm On Aug 29, 2012
*blushing 4 centuries* thanks. nah. Uhm, it is calved by my goldsmith barber. Just a tidbit though.. Leaving it natural will almost make it join with my eyebrow!! *chuckles*
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 29, 2012
i use revlon shampoo n conditioner. i think braiding cuts d front hair n i love to braid
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by JallowBah(f): 7:59pm On Aug 29, 2012
Emmyk: *blushing 4 centuries* thanks. nah. Uhm, it is calved by my goldsmith barber. Just a tidbit though.. Leaving it natural will almost make it join with my eyebrow!! *chuckles*

Ahaaa..I was not surewink Most of the africans I know either skin it, leave as a small afro with no fixing, or have locks. Not many of them cut the lines here in EUwink
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by JallowBah(f): 8:00pm On Aug 29, 2012
Julesbloom: i use revlon shampoo n conditioner. i think braiding cuts d front hair n i love to braid

If its done too tightly, yes.

BUt I wonder..I see people writing that they keep braids in for up to three months. How do they maintain them up at the scalp
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by DICKtator: 6:04pm On Sep 01, 2012
hmmm...........
always love long flowing hair.
grab it like a horse strap when doing the doughie( i should teach you how to doughie,huh? undecided)
grin grin grin grin
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by JallowBah(f): 7:50pm On Sep 03, 2012
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by Cuddlemii: 8:24pm On Sep 03, 2012
JallowBah:

Ah, my sweet hubby.

cheesy
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by Cuddlemii: 8:53pm On Sep 03, 2012
Anyways, I am rocking low cut right now.
It wasn't by choice but by mistake. Its hard to get hairdressers that make naija/african hair over here.
Last year october, I had glue and weaves on, I didn't removed it on time or I guess I messed up while removing the glue because all my hair vanished. I cried and went in front of a moving vehicle cos I loved my hair but its gone cry.

Well, the good thing about low cut, skin cut, short hair etc is that it makes u look younger, sexier and unique.
You get more toasters/admirers/people take pictures of the hair.
I am enjoying the complements(ladies inclusive) and I dnt need to bother about getting my hair professionally done, I just comb,brush and oil it and I out of the house. My face has become lighter cos of fresh air and I don't have reactions, pimples or spots usually caused by weavons. I feel good smiley
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by JallowBah(f): 9:55pm On Sep 03, 2012
Cuddlemii: Anyways, I am rocking low cut right now.
It wasn't by choice but by mistake. Its hard to get hairdressers that make naija/african hair over here.
Last year october, I had glue and weaves on, I didn't removed it on time or I guess I messed up while removing the glue because all my hair vanished. I cried and went in front of a moving vehicle cos I loved my hair but its gone cry.

Well, the good thing about low cut, skin cut, short hair etc is that it makes u look younger, sexier and unique.
You get more toasters/admirers/people take pictures of the hair.
I am enjoying the complements(ladies inclusive) and I dnt need to bother about getting my hair professionally done, I just comb,brush and oil it and I out of the house. My face has become lighter cos of fresh air and I don't have reactions, pimples or spots usually caused by weavons. I feel good smiley

Shiiit..thats why I prefer braiding it in. Tape and glue kills your hair, seriously. Have you heard about micro-rings, though? More and more caucasian women are using it, I never tried it though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ebube Nwagbo Or Sarah Ofili: Who Wore It Better? / Do You Feel Comfortable Wearing Trunks And Bikini At Beach? / Irish Gold Egg Yolk Lotion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.