Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? (38825 Views)

What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) / Why Do Black Ladies Fix Contact Lens? / Pictures Of Hair Styles, Weave-ons, And Braids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by tttn726: 2:48pm On May 12, 2011
Location - UK

Is it the speed of life here or what?

I love my black sisters but excessive and bloated wigs? attachements? just makes them look fake

Other ladies here do but i long for the black woman's natural hair!!!

Is there a way or? What do you think?

1 Like

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Dyt(f): 2:52pm On May 12, 2011
Go n slp
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by MMM2(m): 3:18pm On May 12, 2011
op
have u been spending much on brazilan hair or laser wig on chicks dis dayz?
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Nobody: 3:27pm On May 12, 2011
Our ladies are no longer natural.
Fake hair,Fake nails,fake eyelashes,Some even wear padded bra's and padded pants,it is crazy.
Where are the natural women?
Some of them even dye their hair RED!
Thats why I don't take them serious,because with all these attachments some of them end up looking like gargoyles.(yuk!)
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by chyke27(m): 3:29pm On May 12, 2011
Yeah,hair extentions in ladies are repugnant to me too. I feel the more natural a lady is the better.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Jackieugo(f): 3:31pm On May 12, 2011
I agree! I wish more women would educate themselves and take better care of their hair. Myself I'm still struggling giving up the perm (creamy-crack) addiction  undecided lol

1 Like

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by tttn726: 3:59pm On May 12, 2011
I don't mind make up and looking good

BUT everywhere I look, long long fake hair, oily looking and shiny shiny hair attachements

Literally everywhere! I will go to some of our shops and look up the pixes but i am so sick of the huge fake stuff everywhere, literally feel like throwing up

Are you girls jealous of the white woman? I don't believe that, yes, they have long hair but the world will be a boring place without your natural black hair done the best way we know how! Right now, i have forgotten how a black girl can do that hair, need to refresh my memory

This isn't to talk down you black sisters as I totally adore you gals but WTF!
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by iice(f): 3:03am On May 13, 2011
To each his own.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Nobody: 3:04am On May 13, 2011
I don't care really.

Free world. People should do what they like.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Nobody: 11:45am On May 13, 2011
Have never seen my babe real hair, cry
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by monkeyleg: 11:47am On May 13, 2011
Poster makes a very good point. If only our black sister would recognise that they look devine natural. They dont have to fix some tired looking stuff to look good. They are already beautiful the way God made them
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by tttn726: 11:54am On May 13, 2011
Maybe I should re phrase for clarity

Beautification is really good. Some sorta hair enhancement is in place

Its the, which English word is place here, hmmm, its the ostentatious (ridiculously pretentious) display of long fake hair that gets to me

More natural black woman's hair please (relative to enhancement). Make una leave oyibo hair to oyibo W love you (atleast I do) black girls!
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by 2010Idowu(f): 11:55am On May 13, 2011
Just as soon as a woman goes natural, her man is  shocked at the woman with fake hair down her back.  The better thing is to learn to love unconditionally, as we women do, and save yourselves a heart attack of worrying about things that don't concern you.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by monkeyleg: 11:57am On May 13, 2011
@ttn726,

you talk am well. Our sisters need to keep with the natural. Long hair, oyibo style is not for us, probably that's why you were not made that way in the first place.

I think, braids make the Black woman look extra special

1 Like

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by tboy1(m): 12:00pm On May 13, 2011
It is worse in Nigeria.
When the weave length is ok and done properly it looks good on some ladies, but the ones with the extra long weave all look really horrible
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by abenipa(f): 12:01pm On May 13, 2011
When the wigs/weaves are fixed nicely, it does look very good and stunning. But its the scourge of unhygienic habits that plagues me about this whole attachment/brazilian weave thing. You go to the bathroom, the water drain is blocked with fake hair; dressing table, brushes are filled with fake hair; kitchen floor, its so so fake hair.   If you can clean it, then you can wear it. If you can't, then stop being an irritant with it. Sometimes if you are not careful, you might even eat your food with hair in it. Just clean up after yourselves!!!
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by 2010Idowu(f): 12:03pm On May 13, 2011
LOL! Hilarious!
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by chubistone: 12:04pm On May 13, 2011
Well, truth be told i see a lot of this in the UK as well, and i personally dont appreciate artificial dis or dat, and like my women as natural as can be but, i also believe these women are just trying to look good (for different reasons) and surely that cannot be wrong.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by maclatunji: 12:10pm On May 13, 2011
It is another kind of fraud. At least with women, when they see a man they know that this man is handsome or not. However, it is no longer news that many men have fallen for women that they look better than just because the woman used all of these fake enhancements. I guess it serves such men right for not looking at the inner beauty rather than a contrived appearance.

1 Like

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Viques: 12:11pm On May 13, 2011
U guys have a point, I think I'll need to go get my rubber thread and plait my hair (isam style will not be bad at all).
My gosh, african spongy hair is not easy to maintain when it is still natural, it is easier when it is relaxed.

I believe in moderation in everything,the heavy wigs, weavons and wierd hair do are jst too crazy. I'ld rather opt for very simple styles dat'll make me still look natural.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Iyineda(m): 12:14pm On May 13, 2011
tttn726:

Location - UK

I love my black sisters but excessive and bloated wigs? attachements? just makes them look fake

Mate, you are not alone. I'm not fond of attachments and weave-ons or whatever. Especially given the fact that it's always so obvious and fake-looking. I'm glad my sisters don't use a lot of that (only extensions on a few occasions). But they are lucky because their hair grow naturally fast and conditioning it makes it look nice. Braids are cool. Weaves are not.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by monkeyleg: 12:14pm On May 13, 2011
That is how the other day, one was try to cross the road, when the attachment thing fell off. People started shouting at her to pick up her thing that it had fallen, She just kept a straight face and kept on walking. That is how 10,000 naira went down the drain. I no fit laff finish that day
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by tboy1(m): 12:17pm On May 13, 2011
monkeyleg:

That is how the other day, one was try to cross the road, when the attachment thing fell off. People started shouting at her to pick up her thing that it had fallen, She just kept a straight face and kept on walking. That is how 10,000 naira went down the drain. I no fit laff finish that day
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin Funny
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Iyineda(m): 12:18pm On May 13, 2011
monkeyleg:

Actually that makes me sad and sorry for some of these girls. undecided
It's like a do-or-die issue nowadays. No long hair (natural or not) = living ugly for the rest of one's life. Really sad.

The funny thing is, I prefer White girls with short hair, neck-length at most (see pic below). Once it gets too long, it's just too much of a mess for me. Rather all girls kept their hair well kempt. smiley

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by stanech: 12:20pm On May 13, 2011
U carry woman wey u think say she fine go house, u like her 100% Immediately she start remove her body amour you go begin dislike her

First Eyelash------ 100-10   = 90%

Wig   ----------------90-20 = 70%

Padded bra  ----------  70 -  30  =    40%

Mary kay facial treatmnt-------------- 40-20  = 20%

Padded pants--------------------  20-20    = 0%

She come down from her high hills 0-20       -20%

and by then e don too late

1 Like

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by abenipa(f): 12:20pm On May 13, 2011
Monkey leg you kill me o. She bone face Hey ya, she go take up issue with the weave/wig seller.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by ak47mann(m): 12:23pm On May 13, 2011
Yes am been wondering this for a long time grin grin i thought it was only me this wig, attachment i tireooo every black woman carry the Brazilian hair both fake and real undecided undecided even some look so obvious that they are wearing it grin grin one day i was with these female friend of mine after too much drinks as we were stepping out from club some white girl with her crew they ere drunk shouting making jokes to themselves which is normal when white people are drunk.but this my friendoo thought the white girl said something to her she was drunk too she start dissing the white girl and the white girls they were 4 of them they were like we are not talkin to you and my friend started some racist talk O Boy come see war the white girls approached her like what is wrong with you and all that next thing my friend grab one of them see fight others were attacking her the first thing they did is to grab her wig pull it off her head i myself i have to laugh it was funny the guys around the club were laughing at her. And that day i found out that she got no hair in her head that was embarrassing embarassedwhen they took her wig out they fling it on the main road so i have to run for the wig grin grin grin and my friend suddenly put both hands in her empty head and say to my AK my hair my hair grin grin i say to dint worry am goin for it grin grin she ran to my car and hide herself so i have to drive off fast b4 police come cheesy cheesy she felt like shi-t after that,

1 Like

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kandiikane(m): 12:31pm On May 13, 2011
You men have to understand that  some black women  do not know how to take care of their hair which can lead to breakage, hair damage and all sorts, I am sure you will not want to have a girl with mama gee's type of hair in your bed. Some girls do need the weave, the makeup and all sorts.

You are here complaining, when a woman lets her self go and does not care about her looks you guys come and complain again. Either love a woman with all her fakery or find a man.
Even if a girl is beautiful without all that, it is nice to go out with her and she is dressed gorgeously.

I am natural btw smiley

@Op, are you here complaining because you are tired of paying?
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by belawilly(f): 12:33pm On May 13, 2011
cheesy grin smiley

In as much as I agree with the ttn- I think it is the guys who are causing us the problems!!! Who wants to be going through all the pain and stress of looking good (u can only imagine the hell we go through sometimes), but believe me when you begin to hear your guy say “hmmm I wish your hair looks this good or I like the chick in my office who says she wears this her make up this kind of way” you begin to wonder.

Believe me I totally agree with you that BLACK is BEAUTIFUL- hence no more going through hell for the sake of another, chicks please wear what makes you comfortable and real “less is more”.
tttn726:

Location - UK

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by belawilly(f): 12:37pm On May 13, 2011
AK u dey wicked oh i can only imagine a guy running after a wig!!!!! u r bad. grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
ak47mann:

Yes am been wondering this for a long time grin grin i thought it was only me this wig, attachment i tireooo every black woman carry the Brazilian hair both fake and real undecided undecided even some look so obvious that they are wearing it grin grin one day i was with these female friend of mine after too much drinks as we were stepping out from club some white girl with her crew they ere drunk shouting making jokes to themselves which is normal when white people are drunk.but this my friendoo thought the white girl said something to her she was drunk too she start dissing the white girl and the white girls they were 4 of them they were like we are not talkin to you and my friend started some racist talk O Boy come see war the white girls approached her like what is wrong with you and all that next thing my friend grab one of them see fight others were attacking her the first thing they did is to grab her wig pull it off her head i myself i have to laugh it was funny the guys around the club were laughing at her. And that day i found out that she got no hair in her head that was embarrassing embarassedwhen they took her wig out they fling it on the main road so i have to run for the wig grin grin grin and my friend suddenly put both hands in her empty head and say to my AK my hair my hair grin grin i say to dint worry am goin for it grin grin she ran to my car and hide herself so i have to drive off fast b4 police come cheesy cheesy she felt like shi-t after that,
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by monkeyleg: 12:38pm On May 13, 2011
abenipa:

Monkey leg you kill me o. She bone face Hey ya, she go take up issue with the weave/wig seller.

My Sister, no be small thing that day oh, people dey call am, im just bold face dey waka dey go. And it was a hot Nigerians afternoon. Some in the crowd were even contemplating carrying the thing to go and give her. "Sista Ya Thing done Fall"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Sephora Ikalaba Crowned Miss Helsinki 2017 Amid Controversy (Photos) / Make-up Transformation Of A Lady With Scars On The Face / Shatu Garko Wins 2021 Miss Nigeria Pageant (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.