Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Who Is The Greatest African Leader Since Independence? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is The Greatest African Leader Since Independence? (1357 Views)

Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost / After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? / My List Of Nigeria's Achievements Since Independence: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Greatest African Leader Since Independence? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 12, 2012
i want to hear from you all it doesnt matter if you are nigerian or not. As far as you are african home or abroad, you are qualified to reply.
Pls give reasons for your answer.
Since africa cannot get better if we do not interact with each other, the leaders we chose should have made impact not only in his country but also on the continent.
Re: Who Is The Greatest African Leader Since Independence? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 12, 2012
i pick obasanjo. This is becos of his economic policies which yeilded positive results even though they criticized heavily. Critics will criticise anyway. But with the libralization of so many sectors, more jobs were created, more nigerians could talk to their fathers in the village, more nigerians gained moree exposure which is changing our outlook of life for the better. He helped bring back some of our brightest brains abroad who who have made their mark in the country. This had a psychological benefit for nigerians becos the technocrats he brought have become role models for many of us.

On the african scene, with the help of all other ecowas leaders, he was able to bring peace to liberia. A country that was torn apart by war, is now stable and moving on

the man was a sucess and i see him as the greatest.
Re: Who Is The Greatest African Leader Since Independence? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 12, 2012
Nelson Mandela.
Re: Who Is The Greatest African Leader Since Independence? by NwaNimo1(m): 10:55pm On Aug 12, 2012
Ojukwu . . .
Re: Who Is The Greatest African Leader Since Independence? by Acidosis(m): 11:16pm On Aug 12, 2012
GEJ. Don't ask me why please!
Re: Who Is The Greatest African Leader Since Independence? by Dede1(m): 11:45pm On Aug 12, 2012
Gen. Chukwuemaka Ojukwu followed by Julius Nyerere
Re: Who Is The Greatest African Leader Since Independence? by PhysicsQED(m): 11:50pm On Aug 12, 2012
Thomas Sankara
Re: Who Is The Greatest African Leader Since Independence? by Katsumoto: 11:53pm On Aug 12, 2012
Obafemi Awolowo by a thousand miles.
Re: Who Is The Greatest African Leader Since Independence? by RickyRoss1(m): 4:58am On Aug 13, 2012
For me it is Ojukwu, and since he is dead then it is certainly OBJ. Without him there wont be any BB craze or cheap internet in 9ja today. Though he stole money just like other politicians, but he did well in many sectors of the economy...

In a continent where someone like OBJ is being touted as the best, you should know we have a long way to go. In total honesty, ALL BLACK AFRICAN LEADERS ARE THE SAME, THEY ARE ALL CORRUPT AND BOOTLICKERS.
Re: Who Is The Greatest African Leader Since Independence? by Omarbah: 5:20am On Aug 13, 2012
To me it's Houphouet Boigny from Cote d'Ivoire. He was able to maintain peace in his country from 1960 till he died.
He was developing the country through agriculture and industry. Too bad, the greedy bastards that came after him could
not handle the country well.
Re: Who Is The Greatest African Leader Since Independence? by Kenyaphilia: 5:58am On Aug 13, 2012
souldust: i want to hear from you all it doesnt matter if you are nigerian or not. As far as you are african home or abroad, you are qualified to reply.
Pls give reasons for your answer.
Since africa cannot get better if we do not interact with each other, the leaders we chose should have made impact not only in his country but also on the continent.
Honestly, there is none. No African leader managed to do something worth remembering for their countries. Not even Mandela.
Re: Who Is The Greatest African Leader Since Independence? by ektbear: 6:02am On Aug 13, 2012
Katsumoto: Obafemi Awolowo by a thousand miles.
+1
Re: Who Is The Greatest African Leader Since Independence? by Mayor21(m): 4:22pm On Jun 26, 2013
Obj

(1) (Reply)

You've Seen The Police College, Now See Police Residential Quarters / Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo DARES FG / Why Dont Nigerians Trust And Respect GEJ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.