Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,317 members, 7,839,513 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Akatas On Nairaland - Culture (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Akatas On Nairaland (40418 Views)

Are Black Africans (Nigerians) And Africans In America (Akatas) Really Different / Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (34) (Go Down)

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sweetroyalty(f): 6:03am On Aug 14, 2012
Ybutterfly:

^^^^^^^FOOOOTBAAAL^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LOL, you can't even spell it right. LMAO!!! It's soccer for me, and it will always be SOCCER for me lil girl. I'd be a damn fool to keep going back and forth with you about what I'm going to call a sport that I don't even give a shlt about. Bye girl...

SOCCERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Ybutterfly: 6:04am On Aug 14, 2012
sweetroyalty:

LOL, you can't even spell it right. LMAO!!! It's soccer for me, and it will always be SOCCER for me lil girl. I'd be a damn fool to keep going back and forth with you about what I'm going to call a sport that I don't even give a shlt about. Bye girl...

SOCCERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^[size=50pt]FOOOOOOTTTTTBAAAAALLLL[/size]^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:06am On Aug 14, 2012

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Ybutterfly: 6:08am On Aug 14, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suPlYwJ3YvM

hehehehehehe.............LOVE YOU ILEKI.........
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:12am On Aug 14, 2012
Ybutterfly:

hehehehehehe.............LOVE YOU ILEKI.........

LOL Feeling is mutual.

I remember when ppl thought Jordan was "fat", now we have fatazz ppl with tire belly these days, making Jordan look like a super model.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Ybutterfly: 6:14am On Aug 14, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

LOL Feeling is mutual.

I remember when ppl thought Jordan was "fat", now we have fatazz ppl with tire belly these days, making Jordan look like a super model.

^^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SO TRUE ooo
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by tpia5: 6:26am On Aug 14, 2012
that was fast.

must be nice to be a moderator.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by odumchi: 6:30am On Aug 14, 2012
Royal, this is the final warning I'm giving you regarding the posting of people's pictures. If you think that you can post trash by switching accounts, you're mistaken.

If you feel that you're time on Nairaland should come to an end, it can be arranged for all of your accounts.

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:41am On Aug 14, 2012
tongue
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by tpia5: 6:52am On Aug 14, 2012
Seun banned Schematic for Please stop posting these pics. I beg you in the name of God Almighty. Please..

hmmm.

wickedness is not good. undecided

odumchi who was applauding a hate thread the other day, is now catching feelings on seun's behalf?

you go tey.

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:52am On Aug 14, 2012
interesting ...but how come the ignorance and the arrogance always ome from the same group. smh

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 14, 2012
lol@my awesome reply being Edited into a Face with a Tongue
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by ezotik: 10:08am On Aug 14, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Why would she or any of us want to claim a region that house your kind? tongue

I mean really though. All you can talk about is slavery yet your r3tarded azz write and speak in English. Wear western clothes and probably emulate the very akatas you see on tv. You this HOT JUNGLEFIED BUSH AZZ MESS.

Nasty attitude and severe case of inferiority complex. I would rather claim North Africa too grin
I don't blame her.

lol.. the way u throw 'inferiority complex' around, it seems u don't even know the meaning, u just add to ur comment when u run out of shiit to say... why won't i write english, if i write in my language, would u understand? and do u guys dwell on anything else apart from remind us that u were shipped out of africa? or to use ur words kicked out of africa? but when i talk am na u go vex? lol.

and what does wearing european clothes have to do with anything? i also wear arab clothes specifically some jalabiyas that i bought from an aboki friend of mine. i wear them when i wan take my evening stroll...and no, i don't dress like lil wayne or any other hip hop artist if that is what u meant by emulate AA on TV. altho, i do listen to and appreciate hip hop music, the good one though, not the likes of soulja boy and tupac coz they both suck! now bite me.

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by ezotik: 10:12am On Aug 14, 2012
btw, mzdarkskin... i don't even know why u feel this matter concerns u...coz last i checked 'akata' aka AAs do not consider u jamo negroes and other carribean migrants to be part of them and they see u no different from africans migrants. in fact u carribean negroes are even worse off than africans when criticizing AA..cos u are always the first to remind them that they don't have a 'culture', that u negroes who were shipped to the carribeans have one while those shipped to north america have none..haha, funny people.

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sambos994(m): 10:13am On Aug 14, 2012
sweetroyalty:

No way dude! We got football on lock. You guys could not win. Maybe in Soccer but definitely not football LOL!

Uhh... he means Soccer(football)
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sambos994(m): 10:16am On Aug 14, 2012
Ybutterfly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9foCJDVTbYg&feature=related

Pleeeaaase tell me Jay Jay Okocha is in there.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sambos994(m): 10:19am On Aug 14, 2012
Nigeria's pretty good in Football.....the management is @ss
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sambos994(m): 10:29am On Aug 14, 2012
So uh....Now this thing is over and we can get back to the topic RIGHT?
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 14, 2012
sambos994:

Nigeria's pretty good in Football.....the management is @ss

What is your definition of Good Bro? grin

They have won 2 African Cup of Nations in about 50 Years.

Never even made it to a Semi Final of a World Cup, despite having a Huge Population within an Obsessed Football Culture.

Nigeria's Most Popular Sport is Football....Yet countries who do not even have football as it's most Popular Sport are Ranked Higher than them

Population of about 160-165 million(?) yet even a nation like Uruguay Which has a Tiny pop of 3 million performs at a much higher level on the World Stage

...lol Look at the countries Nigeria is Ranked Behind. http://www.fifa.com/worldranking/rankingtable/index.html

Nigeria is a Huge Under Achieving Nation when it comes to Football.

Even Despite being a Failure as a Team Nation...They even fail to produce Individual Immortals

Like a Samuel Eto or a Drogba..Messi, Xavi....Torres ect.

Even the Other African Nations are leaving them in the dust.

Their performances on the International Level have been awful.

What have they[b] done[/b] or Won or Produced for You to consider them Good?
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sambos994(m): 11:25am On Aug 14, 2012
~Royal~:

What is your definition of Good Bro? grin

They have won 2 African Cup of Nations in about 50 Years.

Never even made it to a Semi Final of a World Cup, despite having a Huge Population within an Obsessed Football Culture.

Nigeria's Most Popular Sport is Football....Yet countries who do not even have football as it's most Popular Sport are Ranked Higher than them

Population of about 160-165 million(?) yet even a nation like Uruguay Which has a Tiny pop of 3 million performs at a much higher level on the World Stage

...lol Look at the countries Nigeria is Ranked Behind. http://www.fifa.com/worldranking/rankingtable/index.html

Nigeria is a Huge Under Achieving Nation when it comes to Football.

Even Despite being a Failure as a Team Nation...They even fail to produce Individual Immortals

Like a Samuel Eto or a Drogba..Messi, Xavi....Torres ect.

Even the Other African Nations are leaving them in the dust.

Their performances on the International Level have been awful.

What have they[b] done[/b] or Won or Produced for You to consider them Good?

Have you ever heard of Jay Jay or Rashidi Yekini...those are some good players. But, I agree Nigeria has been idle lately. Corruption has spread to all branches of the system.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 14, 2012
Corruption probably is the root cause of stunted growth.

Because there is no way Ghana and Ivory should be Ahead of Them. Naija Pop is Huge plus They are Football Obsessed as Well.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 14, 2012
~Royal~:
Why is Ybutterfly so Unfunny and Basic?. LoL

The somali troll and the Ghana Troll both show signs of Intelligence and Wit

Yet this Nigerian Troll is about as creative and funny as Beach Sand

Ybutterfly, You are corny.

Flat out.

If you are going to be a troll, at least be a funny one.

Like Royal

Your Jokes are Dry and Boring. lol

grin grin
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 14, 2012
sweetroyalty:

Potato, Potahhhto, Tomato, Tomahhhhto

Next time people try to call you out, just search for and post the facts.
I won't lie when you first posted that NFL pik I cracked up. I was like "damn that's embarrassing" grin

partly because half of my family is from the islands and we call it "football". Hell even in Spanish it' called 'futbol' grin

BUT because of your mix up even I learned something new.

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 14, 2012
This is for those of you who decided to find a cheap joke to crack on sweet...

You ppl who had nothing to do with the formation of the sport only that it was introduced to you following colonialism thus do not have the right to chastise anyone about the name muchless dictate what they should call it....I found it funny too but never would I pass my place like you did. "Soccer" it is... wink

>>>> Americans did NOT invent the word...in fact the British did wink

[size=13pt]In fact, in the early days of the sport among the upper echelons of British society, the proper term for the sport was “Soccer”. Not only that, but the sport being referred to as “Soccer” preceded the first recorded instance of it being called by the singular word “Football” by about 18 years. This happening when it became more popular with the middle and lower class. When that happened, the term “Football” gradually began dominating over “Soccer” and the then official name “Association Football”.

In the 1860s, as in most of history with records as far back as 1004 B.C., there were quite a lot of “football” sports in existence being played popularly throughout the world and of course, England. Many of these sports had similar rules and eventually, on October 26th, 1863, a group of teams in England decided to get together and create a standard set of rules which would be used at all their matches. They formed the rules for “Association Football”, with the “Association” distinguishing it from the many other types of football sports in existence in England, such as “Rugby Football”.

Now British school boys of the day liked to nickname everything, which is still somewhat common. They also liked to add the ending “er” to these nicknames. Thus Rugby was, at that time, popularly called “Rugger”. Association Football was then much better known as “Assoccer”, which quickly just became “Soccer” and sometimes “Soccer Football”.

The inventor of the nickname is said to be Charles Wredford Brown, who was an Oxford student around the time of Association Football’s inception. Legend has it, in 1863 shortly after the creation of Association Football, Wredford-Brown had some friends who asked him if he’d come play a game of “Rugger”, to which he replied he preferred “Soccer”. The name caught on from there.[/size]

Read more at http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/06/the-origin-of-the-word-soccer/#c8m7oSwVRzm8UUZB.99

all the ignorant cosigners (ESPECIALLY Fula) like to say Americans "think the know it all" when in fact you are the one suffering from the complex. Study what you cosign to before making an azz out of yourself. You chastised the woman and in the end got schooled. Smh.

Its a pity a lot of Americans do not research more to defend themselves (in ref. to Sweet). Well, I am one of a kind. You can't sell bullshyt on a plate to me and call it Gospel.

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 14, 2012
MsDarkSkin: You can't sell bullshyt on a plate to me and call it Gospel.

Which reminds me....

fushia: Mzdarkskin, nigerian pidgin is an offshoot of the krio taken to nigeria by the yorubas, not the other way round.

The origins of Nigerian pidgin (phase 2) as spoken TODAY indeed began in the Caribbean and Sierra Leone however certain words and or phrases used in Salone Krio is a result of the fusion of English, Yoruba and Igbo by Nigerians living in Sierra Leone as either liberated slaves OR free traders. (I call it pidgin phase 1).

On "phase one" (native west african version of pidgin):

..English-based "pidgin" language...arose to facilitate the coastal trade between Europeans and Africans.

This early pidgin later became the lingua franca of regional trade among West Africans themselves and likely spread up the river systems to the African interior. After the founding of Freetown, [size=18pt]this preexisting pidgin was incorporated into the speech of the various groups of freed slaves landed in Sierra Leone between 1787 and about 1855.[/size] The pidgin gradually evolved to become a stable language, the native language of descendants of the freed slaves (which are now a distinct ethnic and cultural group, the Creoles), and the lingua franca of Sierra Leon

Like I said...the fusion of Jamaican patois and West African (Nigerian influenced) pidgin...

On the individual influences...
The Krio language is an offshoot of the language brought by the Nova Scotian Settlers from North America, Maroons from Jamaica, and the numerous liberated African slaves who settled in Sierra Leone.

The vocabulary of Krio is derived primarily from English, while its sound system, grammar and sentence structure are heavily influenced by at least 12 African languages, including aspects of the Igbo language and Yoruba language of Nigeria.

Krio's standard greeting, kushe, for instance, is derived from the Yoruba greeting è kú işé ("greetings on your work"wink; the krio word "unu", plural for 'you' is derived from the Igbo word 'unu' for you (plural); the krio word "pan", meaning (on top of/doing something), descends directly from the Jamaican patois word "pon", meaning the same thing; the krio expression "chaka-chaka", meaning (messy/untidy), also descends from Jamaican patois. This is because some of the freed slaves were from the West Indies, and in particular Jamaica (Jamaican Maroons). The Igbo 'unu' is, by far, the most widely-used African word in the diaspora, being used in the Jamaican patois, Belizean creole, Nigerian Pidgin English (the variant form "una" is widely used), Krio language etc.

The usage of the krio word, "na" which means 'at' may have Igbo origins in the Igbo word, 'na' which is also used in the same context. In these Igbo statements for example, 'mama m bi na Enugu', and 'Na Umuahia ebe papa m na-akuzi' which both translate literally as 'my mother lives at Enugu', and 'at Umuahia where my father teaches' the "na" means 'at' (in the sense of location). The krio 'na' is also used in the same fashion too. For example, as given further below, "na us skul yu de tich?" and "i de tich na prince ov wales", the 'na' also bears the same meaning.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Ybutterfly: 12:50pm On Aug 14, 2012
sambos994:

Pleeeaaase tell me Jay Jay Okocha is in there.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^NO SADLY NO^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^LOOOOOL^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 14, 2012
So now it shouldn't be a mystery of why I can understand pidgin AND krio more than let's say Chima, Royal and Sweet tongue grin

because I speak patois. wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (34)

Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? / King Onwa 'Eze Awo' Disgraced For Insulting Imo King Online. Photos/Videos / Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.