Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,462 members, 7,854,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 09:50 AM

Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 (17810 Views)

Okorocha Spotted On A Train In London After Being Embarrassed By IPOB. Photo / Enugu In Turmoil As Police Shot At Biafran Protesters-pics / Enugu In Deep Riot Against Boko Haram Suspects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 by ezicat: 1:15pm On Sep 23, 2012
^^^^

Agreed - there appears to be zero ability for introspection. Yet people expect there to be changes.
Re: Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 by jpphilips(m): 2:56pm On Jun 23, 2013
ezicat: Another self-hater,

Listen. If you want to be be a slave - go ahead; just don't drag me in with you or label me with the same brush (I manage projects for a firm in North America not because I lack managerial skills but because I have them; and I'm as African as they come). Your list of all these things about the constitution this and the right of the citizen that - do you think black South Africans had all that under apartheid? NO. So what's your point? The counter argument would be, do black South Africans now have those rights under black rule? That answer to that is NOT YET. There is still a long way to go; there are still a lot of struggles ahead. THAT is the difference between racial discrimination and corruption.

And as for my South African example - I was illustrating the fact that the fruits of a country's labour are more likely to stay within the country after independence than leave. Judicious leaders know how to use those extra funds. Let me give another example - the US; that was one of the reasons for the fight for independence: to stop the UK from squeezing them dry.

I dont argue much where common sense should help.
Nigerians under blacks have not had the priviledge of citizenship likewise their counterparts in SA.
nuff said.
Re: Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 by victor8269: 11:03pm On May 16, 2017
[quote author=Bliss4Lyfe post=11792739]GEJ is working really hard to restore that rail network(Eastern) the last time i checked. cool (Completed by November)

http://www.punchng.com/business/transport/eastern-rail-line-rehabilitation-begins-ready-in-10-months/
That picture is mile 2 rail terminal. It is an ECOWAS rail project. It's still uncompleted till now. It links d ECOWAS States via Lagos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Clears Kano Local Government Elections; Voting Materials Imported From China / Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed / Fashola Marks 2,900 Days In Office (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.