Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,492 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates - Education (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates (121680 Views)

Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates / Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID / PRESSID Scholarship; List Of Successful Candidates. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by sharkeyraw(f): 8:16pm On Oct 24, 2014
Like I said in my previous post, I think pple who submitted their application b4 d Oct 18 deadline have d opportunity to edit their profile. This is due to d fact that NUC wants those who uploaded their call up letter to change it to Discharge certificate. It is clearly stated on their website that those who initially uploaded Call up letter should change it to Discharge certificate.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nobody: 5:58am On Nov 04, 2014
Pls wen will the list be out?
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by MacMaster01(m): 5:14pm On Nov 04, 2014
nnannaidoko:
Pls wen will the list be out?

going by last year, I'll say 1st week of December
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by okechukwutony: 7:52am On Nov 05, 2014
Goodday Fellow Scholar's, for the last year set; was it 1st week of Dec they published the shortlisted candidates?
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by MacMaster01(m): 10:03am On Nov 05, 2014
okechukwutony:
Goodday Fellow Scholar's, for the last year set; was it 1st week of Dec they published the shortlisted candidates?

From what I read on the thread they were shortlisted arround Nov 30th and wrote arround Dec 9th
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by ElDeeVee(m): 11:18am On Nov 06, 2014
Trusting God 4 d shortlist
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by favoured01: 9:36pm On Nov 08, 2014
Please for those who have gone for the aptitude test, what are the questions like? Is it current affairs based or some type of academics? Please share. Thank you
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by favoured01: 10:19pm On Nov 08, 2014
@planetshaker pls what type of questions can I expect in the aptitude test? I have no idea what questions they'll ask. Pls enlighten us aspiring to write the test.thanks
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by favoured01: 10:35pm On Nov 08, 2014
@pearlAdams pls u said something about applying to schools other than the 25 schools...did nuc approve?
Guys,Is it possible to go to a school other than the 25 listed? And Is this scholarship for just January entry or for fall 2015
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by chygoz3(m): 9:27am On Nov 09, 2014
Expect verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning and current affairs. The list of schools has been updated to 28. The scholarship will begin fall 2015 but will probably extend to fall 2016.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by mundus(m): 7:53am On Nov 11, 2014
List of Shortlisted Candidates For 2015/2016 PRESSID Aptitude Test - See more at: http://nigeriannewsportal.com/list-of-shortlisted-candidates-for-20152016-pressid-aptitude-test/#sthash.bhHuCJFq.dpuf
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by IlorinBoy1: 12:48pm On Nov 11, 2014
Alright shortlisted pepl! thank God! lets get this thread in full gear. not shortlisted? better luck in others (nlng, csc etc)
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by nitos(m): 2:06pm On Nov 11, 2014
First things first , I would like to commend that You guys are doing a great job here. More grease to your elbow.
I' ve been following this thread for a long time without placing a comment, now that I am on the list its time to be active .

Congrats to all shortlisted Scholars.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by MacMaster01(m): 2:15pm On Nov 11, 2014
940 this year compared to 625 last year, let's hope for more awardees this year, my opinion is that they invited every one that applied.. but still glory to God for d invite.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by MacMaster01(m): 2:32pm On Nov 11, 2014
ok yh the top 28 universities:

1 University of Cambridge
United Kingdom
2 Harvard University
United States
3 Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
United States
4 Yale University
United States
5 University of Oxford
United Kingdom
6 Imperial College London
United Kingdom
7 UCL (University College London)
United Kingdom
8 University of Chicago
United States
9 University of Pennsylvania (UPenn)
United States
10 Columbia University
United States
11 Stanford University
United States
12 California Institute of Technology (Caltech)
United States
13 Princeton University
United States
14 University of Michigan
United States
15 Cornell University
United States
16 Johns Hopkins University
United States
17 McGill University
Canada
18 ETH Zurich (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology)
Switzerland
19 Duke University
United States
20 University of Edinburgh
United Kingdom
21 University of California, Berkeley (UCB)
United States
22 University of Hong Kong (HKU)
Hong Kong
23 University of Toronto
Canada
24 Northwestern University
United States
25 The University of Tokyo
Japan
26 University of California, Los Angeles
United States
27 Carnegie Mellon University
United States
28 University of Washington
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by IlorinBoy1: 2:49pm On Nov 11, 2014
page 17 on this thread says much abt questions to expect. any other ideas?
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by CCsurplus007(m): 6:37pm On Nov 11, 2014
Names have been shortlisted. Check today's punch newspaper. I think about 940 were shortlisted if I remember clearly. Aptitude test is on December 8. Good luck people
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by planetshaker: 8:24pm On Nov 11, 2014
Hi everyone,
I want to congratulate you guys for making it to the shortlist for test. With the number of applicants, I think you have already began to celebrate victories, as small as they may be.
Let me go straight to the point. Its quite unfortunate how much information was lost after the nairaland data loss that happened many months ago. There was so much information here that could have helped you guys out with what to expect. There is no way such value can be replaced to this thread unless we you guys make an effort to build it for those coming behind. There is no need crying over spilt milk so I suggest we all get to work immediately.
I must confess that I am extremely busy and I had to make a precise decision to give back to a thread that had a part to play in where I am today. I hope this serves as a catalyst to the arduous reconstruction of the value this thread once had. I’ll download as much as I remember, and I hope other recipients of this scholarship will find time to chip in something. All the information I give below is based on how things were last year and the year before. I will not be held accountable for any changes in what you encounter. The pressid have all the right to do so, if they wish
The test is a computer based test, scored over 100, 60 mins. You get your results immediately the time runs out, so you leave the hall knowing how well you did. It consists of verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, some current affairs (more of African current affairs) but with some international, some crazy word puzzles that are just designed as time wasters.
You do not require any course based knowledge to perform well. It is purely aptitude. You either know the answer or you don’t. If you waste more than 20 seconds understanding a question, leave it. No need to form superman. It was my observation that the simplest questions (5 second response time) kind of questions, were at the tail end…like number 90 to 100. You will only get there if you leave out stuff that waste time. You can always go back if you finish before time.
Now, it’s a bit kind of hazy now, but lemme talk more specifically about the questions.
The verbal were just basic English…complete the sentence kind of questions. I remember seeing some questions that required some knowledge of vocabulary (not GRE level…don’t fret). Also…some stupid word puzzles (perfect time wasters).
The quantitative reasoning were all these figures with numbers where you are required to observe a pattern and say what shud be in an empty box (that kind thing).
Current affairs were mostly African current affairs if I rem well. I particularly remember being asked the capital of Tanzania. (don’t go cramming countries and capitals because I said so oo..abeg). Just know your stuff. If you don’t know, leave it and move on. There will be many you know. No super man things.
Finally, start applying to your choice schools now. Take GRE and TOEFL now if you want America. Apply now. I cant stress that enough. That’s all I remember for now.
I hope some awardees will see this and be motivated to cheap in. Trust me, we are all crazily busy so I won’t blame anyone if they’ve forgotten nairaland exists. I’ve got to go now. I know there are definitely typo and grammar errors cos I din’t proof read so don’t crucify me. I wish you guys all the best….pls smash!

3 Likes

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by MacMaster01(m): 8:35pm On Nov 11, 2014
planetshaker:
I know there are definitely typo and grammar errors cos I din’t proof read so don’t crucify me. I wish you guys all the best….pls smash!
Thanks for d info bruv we appreciate, hope the coming back to Nigeria to teach wasn't emphasised
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by chygoz3(m): 10:12pm On Nov 11, 2014
MacMaster01:

Thanks for d info bruv we appreciate, hope the coming back to Nigeria to teach wasn't emphasised
No it wasn't. However you do have to come back and work in Nigeria for at least 5 years. You can get a job on your own if you can.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 12, 2014
planetshaker:
Hi everyone,
I want to congratulate you guys for making it to the shortlist for test. With the number of applicants, I think you have already began to celebrate victories, as small as they may be.
Let me go straight to the point. Its quite unfortunate how much information was lost after the nairaland data loss that happened many months ago. There was so much information here that could have helped you guys out with what to expect. There is no way such value can be replaced to this thread unless we you guys make an effort to build it for those coming behind. There is no need crying over spilt milk so I suggest we all get to work immediately.
I must confess that I am extremely busy and I had to make a precise decision to give back to a thread that had a part to play in where I am today. I hope this serves as a catalyst to the arduous reconstruction of the value this thread once had. I’ll download as much as I remember, and I hope other recipients of this scholarship will find time to chip in something. All the information I give below is based on how things were last year and the year before. I will not be held accountable for any changes in what you encounter. The pressid have all the right to do so, if they wish
The test is a computer based test, scored over 100, 60 mins. You get your results immediately the time runs out, so you leave the hall knowing how well you did. It consists of verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, some current affairs (more of African current affairs) but with some international, some crazy word puzzles that are just designed as time wasters.
You do not require any course based knowledge to perform well. It is purely aptitude. You either know the answer or you don’t. If you waste more than 20 seconds understanding a question, leave it. No need to form superman. It was my observation that the simplest questions (5 second response time) kind of questions, were at the tail end…like number 90 to 100. You will only get there if you leave out stuff that waste time. You can always go back if you finish before time.
Now, it’s a bit kind of hazy now, but lemme talk more specifically about the questions.
The verbal were just basic English…complete the sentence kind of questions. I remember seeing some questions that required some knowledge of vocabulary (not GRE level…don’t fret). Also…some stupid word puzzles (perfect time wasters).
The quantitative reasoning were all these figures with numbers where you are required to observe a pattern and say what shud be in an empty box (that kind thing).
Current affairs were mostly African current affairs if I rem well. I particularly remember being asked the capital of Tanzania. (don’t go cramming countries and capitals because I said so oo..abeg). Just know your stuff. If you don’t know, leave it and move on. There will be many you know. No super man things.
Finally, start applying to your choice schools now. Take GRE and TOEFL now if you want America. Apply now. I cant stress that enough. That’s all I remember for now.
I hope some awardees will see this and be motivated to cheap in. Trust me, we are all crazily busy so I won’t blame anyone if they’ve forgotten nairaland exists. I’ve got to go now. I know there are definitely typo and grammar errors cos I din’t proof read so don’t crucify me. I wish you guys all the best….pls smash!
Nice one bro! I wasn't shortlisted because I'm still serving but the information you gave is well detailed. More elbow to your grease!

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by favoured01: 5:19pm On Nov 12, 2014
planetshaker:
Hi everyone,

Planetshaker, you've been of great help. Is it compulsory to go to the school or study the course we wrote while filling the form? Plus where did u take ur GRE n TOEFL tests? It's so expensive in the state I'm in; 139k n 92k respectively. Pls anyone with this info should Share...in the mean time, time to study. Gods favour to us all.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by favoured01: 5:22pm On Nov 12, 2014
Is anyone applying to US schools and applying for computer science?
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by CCsurplus007(m): 5:28pm On Nov 12, 2014
favoured01:

Planetshaker, you've been of great help. Is it compulsory to go to the school or study the course we wrote while filling the form? Plus where did u take ur GRE n TOEFL tests? It's so expensive in the state I'm in; 139k n 92k respectively. Pls anyone with this info should Share...in the mean time, time to study. Gods favour to us all.

Hi favour. which state are you resident in? I find the figures you listed amusing. Dont let anyone cheat you. You can register for the GRE and TOEFL yourself. I personally used my GTB master card to register. You would have the liberty to choose which state( lagos, abuja, Ph etc ) you would want to write but that would be dependent on the availability of spaces. It is about 185 dollars roughly about 30k each
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by MacMaster01(m): 11:40pm On Nov 12, 2014
CCsurplus007:

Hi favour. which state are you resident in? I find the figures you listed amusing. Dont let anyone cheat you. You can register for the GRE and TOEFL yourself. I personally used my GTB master card to register. You would have the liberty to choose which state( lagos, abuja, Ph etc ) you would want to write but that would be dependent on the availability of spaces. It is about 185 dollars roughly about 30k each

chill, u mean GRE can be written in PH wow.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by oboks: 9:18am On Nov 13, 2014
Has any shortlisted cadidate received his or her password.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by IlorinBoy1: 11:35am On Nov 13, 2014
that's
wah
I'm
talking about
thanks
planetshaker
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by save4live: 6:04pm On Nov 13, 2014
Hey Planetshaker! I discussed with a friend who advised me to prepare for the test by practicing questions in the GMAT. What will be your opinion on this. Also, I will like to know how the 100 questions was arranged; was it, for instance, categorized in this manner 40 quant, 40 verbal and 20 current affairs or just mixed?
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by favoured01: 6:58pm On Nov 13, 2014
CCsurplus007:

Hi favour. which state are you resident in? I find the figures you listed amusing. Dont let anyone cheat you. You can register for the GRE and TOEFL yourself. I personally used my GTB master card to register. You would have the liberty to choose which state( lagos, abuja, Ph etc ) you would want to write but that would be dependent on the availability of spaces. It is about 185 dollars roughly about
30k each

Imagine, just 30k. I'm resident in Benin. Thanks for ur info u just saved me a whole lot. Can GRE be written in ph? Plus how did u study? Online or u have books?
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by CCsurplus007(m): 7:24pm On Nov 13, 2014
favoured01:

Imagine, just 30k. I'm resident in Benin. Thanks for ur info u just saved me a whole lot. Can GRE be written in ph? Plus how did u study? Online or u have books?

I have books. I would be glad to forward them to you. With those you should do fine in the exams. As per Ph I would check again but I am 100 % sure of lagos and Abuja. Recently firstlogic( well known gre testing center) opened a new center in Ph. I would get back to you
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by CCsurplus007(m): 7:31pm On Nov 13, 2014
I just comfirmed from their site www.ets.org you can write in ph. All the best

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by CCsurplus007(m): 7:35pm On Nov 13, 2014
MacMaster01:

chill, u mean GRE can be written in PH wow.

Yes Boss

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (44) (Reply)

Direct Entry Admission 2015 / UNIOSUN Lecturer Sends Female Student Out Of Class For Indecent Dressing / Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.