Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,358 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

We Didn't Ask Jonathan To Resign - Northern CAN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Didn't Ask Jonathan To Resign - Northern CAN (5204 Views)

Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari / Jonathan Should Resign – Northern CAN (Published 2012) / S/West PDP Leaders Ask Jonathan For Speaker’s Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Didn't Ask Jonathan To Resign - Northern CAN by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 14, 2012
THE Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in the northern part of the country, which is made up of the 19 states in the region and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja, has denied calling on President Goodluck Jonathan to resign.

The association allegedly made the call because of the inability of the Jonathan’s government to stop the insecurity in the country.

Jonathan’s statement that the government could not crush Boko Haram because “they are our siblings and you cannot set the army to wipe out your family” was said to have informed the wrath of a section of the Northern CAN who asked him to resign.

Besides, the Special Adviser to Kaduna State Governor on Religious Matters, Rev. Joseph Hayap, yesterday warned religious leaders across the country to desist from inflammatory statements that could overheat the nation’s polity and derail democracy.

It was learnt at the Northern CAN Secretariat in Kaduna that no official statement was issued by the CAN leadership for Jonathan to resign.

The Northern CAN Spokesman, Mr. Sunday Oibe, was under intense fire over the comment credited to him by some newspapers.

A source at Northern CAN Secretariat who pleaded anonymity said that “when I called the young man, he said he did not mean that our president should resign. We in the Northern CAN would not want do anything that will cause crisis for President Goodluck Jonathan.”

In a statement, Hayab said that the comment urging the president to resign was capable of inciting “Northerners and specially Christians against the Jonathan Administration,” warning that religious leaders must not overheat the polity.

The governor’s aide, who is also a former Secretary-General of the Kaduna branch of the CAN said in the statement, titled, “Religious Leaders Overheating Nigerian Polity”: “I read the alarming news headlines in various newspapers … alleging the leadership of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in the 19 Northern states of the federation has expressed disappointment in the President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, over his handling of the Boko Haram insurgency, and also on the comments by Sheik Gumi calling on President Goodluck to resign…

“Northern CAN has no quarrel with the statement from President Jonathan that it would not be the preference of the Federal Government to send in soldiers to wipe out Boko Haram for the simple reason that Boko Haram are faceless and when soldiers are sent in to wipe out a faceless group it is the innocent that suffer…”

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=95530:northern-can-denies-call-for-jonathan-to-resign&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: We Didn't Ask Jonathan To Resign - Northern CAN by jmaine: 10:27am On Aug 14, 2012
Alright
Re: We Didn't Ask Jonathan To Resign - Northern CAN by Mavrick2012: 10:52am On Aug 14, 2012
So because Kaduna is d HQ of political north dats y northern CAN HQ is also in kaduna.in dis con3 one canot realy difrentiate btw religion n politics,cant difrentiate politicians n clergy,dis has d propensity of fanin d emba of curuptn,religious fanatism n bigotry
Re: We Didn't Ask Jonathan To Resign - Northern CAN by mykejones(m): 11:20am On Aug 14, 2012
I hope El Rufai will be eager to post this story on his facebook wall as he had done with the previous.
Re: We Didn't Ask Jonathan To Resign - Northern CAN by ebamma(m): 11:22am On Aug 14, 2012
since una no wan make him resign,i hope say when boko boys start terrorise una again,una no go change mouth
Re: We Didn't Ask Jonathan To Resign - Northern CAN by Acidosis(m): 11:24am On Aug 14, 2012
Mavrick2012: So because Kaduna is d HQ of political north dats y northern CAN HQ is also in kaduna.in dis con3 one canot realy difrentiate btw religion n politics,cant difrentiate politicians n clergy,dis has d propensity of fanin d emba of curuptn,religious fanatism n bigotry

Thats what I've realised in this country.
Re: We Didn't Ask Jonathan To Resign - Northern CAN by ebamma(m): 11:29am On Aug 14, 2012
He that dwelleth in the
secret tower of aso rock,
shall hide under the
umbrella of PDP.
I will say of Obasanjo, he
is my godfather and my
fortress, in him i trust.
Surely he delivered me
from deputy governor to
governor and from vice
president to president.
He shall cover me with
PDP's umbrella, and only
him shall i trust.
I shall not be afraid of the
kidnappers in the east, nor
agberos in the west nor
bokoharam in the north.
A thousand shall die in Jos,
and ten thousand shall die
in Borno state, but it shall
not concern me, because
am always safe inside
asorock.
No evil shall befall me and
no bokoharam bomb shall
come near my aso rock,
for many policemen and
army always guide me.
I shall tread upon the lion
and the dragon, because
obasanjo my godfather
loves me.
He shall call me and i will
answer him and i will
deliver him when efcc try
to arrest him, with my life
will i serve him and show
him my appreciation.
Amen

4 Likes

Re: We Didn't Ask Jonathan To Resign - Northern CAN by slimdiggi: 11:30am On Aug 14, 2012
Confused peeps! Why cant christians speak wit one voice 4 once! angry
Re: We Didn't Ask Jonathan To Resign - Northern CAN by Tayo114: 11:34am On Aug 14, 2012
Jonathan is not doing anything 4 d nothern xtian that voted for him, nd didnt even intend to do anything, remember the last attack in churches at kaduna the same day jonathan traveld to Brazil, what a shame!
Re: We Didn't Ask Jonathan To Resign - Northern CAN by alaoeri: 11:35am On Aug 14, 2012
They don't seems to know there stand but want GEJ intensify his fight against BH.
Re: We Didn't Ask Jonathan To Resign - Northern CAN by solgee(m): 11:36am On Aug 14, 2012
mykejones: I hope El Rufai will be eager to post this story on his facebook wall as he had done with the previous.
Re: We Didn't Ask Jonathan To Resign - Northern CAN by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 14, 2012
ebamma: since una no wan make him resign,i hope say when boko boys start terrorise una again,una no go change mouth
The resignation of Jonathan will not naturally end the Bokos menace, what will end it is a Hausa/Fuluni Moslem from the core North becomes the president with a promise to the Bokos that he would use the power of the presidency to push the Boko's agenda of forceful Islamisation of Nigeria.

Though I promise you, that it will never happen. Rather Nigeria will split!
Re: We Didn't Ask Jonathan To Resign - Northern CAN by Tayo114: 11:40am On Aug 14, 2012
ebamma: He that dwelleth in the
secret tower of aso rock,
shall hide under the
umbrella of PDP.
I will say of Obasanjo, he
is my godfather and my
fortress, in him i trust.
Surely he delivered me
from deputy governor to
governor and from vice
president to president.
He shall cover me with
PDP's umbrella, and only
him shall i trust.
I shall not be afraid of the
kidnappers in the east, nor
agberos in the west nor
bokoharam in the north.
A thousand shall die in Jos,
and ten thousand shall die
in Borno state, but it shall
not concern me, because
am always safe inside
asorock.
No evil shall befall me and
no bokoharam bomb shall
come near my aso rock,
for many policemen and
army always guide me.
I shall tread upon the lion
and the dragon, because
obasanjo my godfather
loves me.
He shall call me and i will
answer him and i will
deliver him when efcc try
to arrest him, with my life
will i serve him and show
him my appreciation.
Amen
this is beautifull
Re: We Didn't Ask Jonathan To Resign - Northern CAN by DExplorer1: 11:44am On Aug 14, 2012
Shame on Sahara Reporters.
Re: We Didn't Ask Jonathan To Resign - Northern CAN by Kobojunkie: 11:49am On Aug 14, 2012
Interesting twist . . . yet the @Original story claimed this same Sunday Oribe made the statement. Now he says he did not mean that. Nigeria ooo@@
Re: We Didn't Ask Jonathan To Resign - Northern CAN by Bukkyade: 11:54am On Aug 14, 2012
mykejones: I hope El Rufai will be eager to post this story on his facebook wall as he had done with the previous.
u dey mind the mumu mallam?
Re: We Didn't Ask Jonathan To Resign - Northern CAN by Bukkyade: 11:54am On Aug 14, 2012
Bukkyade: u dey mind the mallam?
Re: We Didn't Ask Jonathan To Resign - Northern CAN by Bukkyade: 12:12pm On Aug 14, 2012
Tayo114: Jonathan is not doing anything 4 d nothern xtian that voted for him, nd didnt even intend to do anything, remember the last attack in churches at kaduna the same day jonathan traveld to Brazil, what a shame!
why do you talk out of context or analyze issues before commenting? The only debt GEJ owes all that electected him in, is good governance , growth and development of the country, which I strongly believe is in progress and can never get to everyone at the same time.
Re: We Didn't Ask Jonathan To Resign - Northern CAN by muktarmtt(m): 12:14pm On Aug 14, 2012
noblezone:
The resignation of Jonathan will not naturally end the Bokos menace, what will end it is a Hausa/Fuluni Moslem from the core North becomes the president with a promise to the Bokos that he would use the power of the presidency to push the Boko's agenda of forceful Islamisation of Nigeria.

Though I promise you, that it will never happen. Rather Nigeria will split!
U r First class mumu I ever see in nairaland u have chicken brain stupid punk ass say Hausa man want islamize Nigeria I tink Yar'adua rule b4 GEJ did he islimize Nigeria I tink he is first guy dat dat start dealing wit boko haram he have dem kill by police, dey kill over 500 of them thr is still. D vedio of dat masscre on net on youtube yar'dua is muslim north nd he oder thr killing, so wat else d u want dat no one want to islamize. 9ja who give a damn abt u practice any religion u lyk who give damn if lyk wsh ur self or ur papa na ur own coup of tea mtsw.
Re: We Didn't Ask Jonathan To Resign - Northern CAN by tessyade: 12:48pm On Aug 14, 2012
Which report should we believe?
Re: We Didn't Ask Jonathan To Resign - Northern CAN by tessyade: 12:48pm On Aug 14, 2012
Which report should we believe?
Re: We Didn't Ask Jonathan To Resign - Northern CAN by Dollarman101: 12:55pm On Aug 14, 2012
Tayo114: Jonathan is not doing anything 4 d nothern xtian that voted for him, nd didnt even intend to do anything, remember the last attack in churches at kaduna the same day jonathan traveld to Brazil, what a shame!

Don't say what you don't know. What do you mean by GEJ is not doing anything for northern christains? You know how many northern christains that have been elevated to positions of authority since JONA came in? You know how many road projects that he is undergoing in areas dominated by Northern christains? In Kaduna alone, there is the Kaduna Eastern bye pass road being done by Gej . Lafia-Obi-Awe roads. Are the northern christains not beneficiaries to the ongoing power reforms and improvement in power. The Abuja-Kaduna rail way is in progress.

On security, the Fg is not resting on his oars. There is the JTF operations. Soldiers are dominant in the streets of Kaduna. When Zaria was attacked, the president rose to the occasion and deployed more soldiers to curtail it. He met With service chiefs alongside the Governor to impose curfew on the state. When the security forces came ontop of the situation, the president had to travel in honour of an international obligation.
There is nothing to suggest that the security situation relapsed due to the president's absence. It was even around that period that Bama was killed by JTF. Abeg make we dey talk reasonably.
Re: We Didn't Ask Jonathan To Resign - Northern CAN by kaeto(m): 1:11pm On Aug 14, 2012
Dollarman101:

Don't say what you don't know. What do you mean by GEJ is not doing anything for northern christains? You know how many northern christains that have been elevated to positions of authority since JONA came in? You know how many road projects that he is undergoing in areas dominated by Northern christains? In Kaduna alone, there is the Kaduna Eastern bye pass road being done by Gej . Lafia-Obi-Awe roads. Are the northern christains not beneficiaries to the ongoing power reforms and improvement in power. The Abuja-Kaduna rail way is in progress.

On security, the Fg is not resting on his oars. There is the JTF operations. Soldiers are dominant in the streets of Kaduna. When Zaria was attacked, the president rose to the occasion and deployed more soldiers to curtail it. He met With service chiefs alongside the Governor to impose curfew on the state. When the security forces came ontop of the situation, the president had to travel in honour of an international obligation.
There is nothing to suggest that the security situation relapsed due to the president's absence. It was even around that period that Bama was killed by JTF. Abeg make we dey talk reasonably.

my brother, God almighty shall prosper you in everything you lay your hands on, you are a man of equity and sincerity.
Re: We Didn't Ask Jonathan To Resign - Northern CAN by Demdem(m): 1:31pm On Aug 14, 2012
A source at Northern CAN Secretariat who pleaded anonymity said that “when I called the young man, he said he did not mean that our president should resign. We in the Northern CAN would not want do anything that will cause crisis for President Goodluck Jonathan.”

Cowards. The Retardeen's action so far has brought pain, crisis, sorrow, death to your folks and yet you feel the president shouldnt feel any heat

In a statement, Hayab said that the comment urging the president to resign was capable of inciting “Northerners and specially Christians against the Jonathan Administration,” warning that religious leaders must not overheat the polity.

]Am not convinced this one have suffered any loss at all. will like to hear what will say when next evil Boko strike, his entire household is blown off.
We are talking about the Retardeen that has the list of these evil doers and does nothing instead regards them as brothers and sisters.
Re: We Didn't Ask Jonathan To Resign - Northern CAN by rusep: 2:07pm On Aug 14, 2012
Chickens
Re: We Didn't Ask Jonathan To Resign - Northern CAN by Tayo114: 4:45pm On Aug 14, 2012
Dollarman101:

i think u dnt knw kaduna more than i do. So Stop diciving nothern xtian.
Re: We Didn't Ask Jonathan To Resign - Northern CAN by FJCRUISER: 4:57pm On Aug 14, 2012
THESE PPLE R D WORST COWARDS N HYPOCRITES I VE SEEN IN RECENT TIMES . SALLAH DON DEY NEAR SO SOME PALM GREASING N D DON'T WANT TO B LEFT OUT . TALKING FROM BOTH SIDES OF D MOUTH. D GOD OF NAIJA LL FIGHT FOR D DEFENSELESS. LET D BLOOD OF ALL THOSE KILLED INNOCENTLY HUNT THIER KILLERS N BRING THEM TO THIER KNEES . AMIN
Re: We Didn't Ask Jonathan To Resign - Northern CAN by oiseworld: 7:40pm On Aug 14, 2012
muktar mtt: U r First class mumu I ever see in nairaland u have chicken brain stupid punk ass say Hausa man want islamize Nigeria I tink Yar'adua rule b4 GEJ did he islimize Nigeria I tink he is first guy dat dat start dealing wit boko haram he have dem kill by police, dey kill over 500 of them thr is still. D vedio of dat masscre on net on youtube yar'dua is muslim north nd he oder thr killing, so wat else d u want dat no one want to islamize. 9ja who give a damn abt u practice any religion u lyk who give damn if lyk wsh ur self or ur papa na ur own coup of tea mtsw.

oga,
there are many method to achive a thing. If you think the core north dosent want nigeria islamized, then i need to ask where you have been all this while?

That the northern muslim are desperate for power is part of their tactic of islamization.
That sanusi can twist a non interest banking system to islamic banking is part of the islamization.
That boko haram resurrected all of a sudden is part of it.
That boko wants all Nigerians and the president to become muslims is also part of it.

These and many more are evidence of their intent.
Re: We Didn't Ask Jonathan To Resign - Northern CAN by waters2012: 9:15pm On Aug 14, 2012
S
muktar mtt: U r First class mumu I ever see in nairaland u have chicken brain stupid unk ass say Hausa man want islamize Nigeria I tink Yar'adua rule b4 GEJ did he islimize Nigeria I tink he is first guy dat dat start dealing wit boko haram he have dem kill by police, dey kill over 500 of them thr is still. D vedio of dat masscre on net on youtube yar'dua is muslim north nd he oder thr killing, so wat else d u want dat no one want to islamize. 9ja who give a damn abt u practice any religion u lyk who give damn if lyk wsh ur self or ur papa na ur own coup of tea mtsw.

aboki, ur post suggest u didn't understand the text u quoted properly. He didn't say anything different from ur point and yet, u were abusing him. Is dat proper?
Re: We Didn't Ask Jonathan To Resign - Northern CAN by Stallion77(f): 7:04am On Aug 15, 2012
ebamma: since una no wan make him resign,i hope say when boko boys start terrorise una again,una no go change mouth

So the antidote for a bomb-free environ is to tell GEJ to resign abi? I see...
Re: We Didn't Ask Jonathan To Resign - Northern CAN by billyG(m): 12:09pm On Aug 15, 2012
The northern CAN finally realised,asking jona to resigned will put them in position of btw "jonah's whale & d deep sea". grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Visits IBB: Are Igbos Now Slaves To The Hausa Fulanis?? / Big Trouble For Jonathan!!! Jigawa State Governor Dump Pdp For Apc; Lamido In / 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.