Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,398 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

Police Warn Muslims To Stay-Off Jos Praying Ground - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Police Warn Muslims To Stay-Off Jos Praying Ground (8448 Views)

Did The Prophet Warn Us Of ISIS? / Muslim Man Seen Praying In The Rain In Benin (Photo) / Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Warn Muslims To Stay-Off Jos Praying Ground by mukina2: 11:55am On Aug 14, 2012
The Police authority in Plateau State has warned Muslims in Jos, the Plateau state capital, to avoid observing their Eid-el-Fitr (end of Ramadan) prayers at the Rukuba Road praying ground on Sunday.

The state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Emmanuel Ayeni, who made the appeal at a meeting with Muslim and Christian leaders in Plateau on Monday, said the move was aimed at avoiding a repeat of last year’s incident when some members of the Izalla Muslim group clashed with their Christian counterparts at the praying ground.

No fewer than 10 people were killed and several cars burnt in the clash.

The police boss appealed to the Muslims to avoid worshiping at Rukuba Road this Sallah, saying “I am passionately appealing that worshippers should avoid that place for now pending when the controversy surrounding that site is resolved.”

The Commander of the Special Task Force on Jos crisis, Major-General Henry Ayoola, who was at the meeting, also appealed to Muslims for understanding.

Represented by Umaru Miringa, Ayoola state that, “if a place is under litigation, the wise thing is to avoid using the place until it is resolved. The state government is already making efforts for alternative place of worship for the Izalla group pending when the issue is resolved.”

Ethno-religious violence has claimed tens of lives in the crisis-prone state since 2001

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/08/14/police-warn-muslims-to-stay-off-jos-praying-ground/

3 Likes

Re: Police Warn Muslims To Stay-Off Jos Praying Ground by madeinnigeria: 12:13pm On Aug 14, 2012
Make dem go bendown there na

3 Likes

Re: Police Warn Muslims To Stay-Off Jos Praying Ground by lacasa: 12:14pm On Aug 14, 2012
Na ​ so​

Mtcheeeu!!

1 Like

Re: Police Warn Muslims To Stay-Off Jos Praying Ground by stevetokyo(m): 12:17pm On Aug 14, 2012
Adults with imaginary friends are stupid,.... They should let then see whose friend is more powerful

1 Like

Re: Police Warn Muslims To Stay-Off Jos Praying Ground by gramci: 12:18pm On Aug 14, 2012
made in nigeria: Make dem go bendown there na

Abi
Re: Police Warn Muslims To Stay-Off Jos Praying Ground by wmoruf(m): 12:23pm On Aug 14, 2012
y are u guys talking like dis,dont u have human feelings @all,,

2 Likes

Re: Police Warn Muslims To Stay-Off Jos Praying Ground by Afam4eva(m): 12:23pm On Aug 14, 2012
One Nigeria for life.
Re: Police Warn Muslims To Stay-Off Jos Praying Ground by ebamma(m): 12:28pm On Aug 14, 2012
make them carry their prayer go desert

1 Like

Re: Police Warn Muslims To Stay-Off Jos Praying Ground by Tayo114: 12:32pm On Aug 14, 2012
Good move from police.
Re: Police Warn Muslims To Stay-Off Jos Praying Ground by swizz01(m): 12:37pm On Aug 14, 2012

hahahahahahahahahahahaha...... grin grin grin
make dem go na....?make dem go ocean go do am...
Re: Police Warn Muslims To Stay-Off Jos Praying Ground by Ayatullah(m): 12:38pm On Aug 14, 2012
@made in Nigeria, if you cannot bend down for your God whom will you bend down for? SATAN YOUR MASTER OF COURSE. Those who deny the muslims their right of worship on Allah's earth WILL NEVER, EVER KNOW PEACE.

8 Likes

Re: Police Warn Muslims To Stay-Off Jos Praying Ground by hassymo5(m): 12:38pm On Aug 14, 2012
wat happen last time waz disastrous, cos dis muslim brodas didnt listen,,, be went ahead to dat same place and make hundred number od pple dead,,,, now dey same warnin is goin 2dem, i pray the listen, cos if the dont im afraid wat happen last time will happen again and did time more!!!
Re: Police Warn Muslims To Stay-Off Jos Praying Ground by Acidosis(m): 12:42pm On Aug 14, 2012
Brave
Re: Police Warn Muslims To Stay-Off Jos Praying Ground by Ayoobscom(m): 12:42pm On Aug 14, 2012
Ban hijab
Mary never be without it
Bearded men are terrorists
Jesus never be without it
Ban none interest banking
Jesus advocated it
Ban Muslims from praying
Jesus will pray with them when he comes

Because he's Muslim like Muhammad
O! Are you shocked by this! Go n read d old testament ..not the pamphlets u call Bible today

I love you..irrespective of ur faith...bless you..

I was once a Christian...I was once in doubts

17 Likes

Re: Police Warn Muslims To Stay-Off Jos Praying Ground by femliany(m): 12:46pm On Aug 14, 2012
Ayatullah: @made in Nigeria, if you cannot bend down for your God whom will you bend down for? SATAN YOUR MASTER OF COURSE. Those who deny the muslims their right of worship on Allah's earth WILL NEVER, EVER KNOW PEACE.
bur they say boko haram are not muslims..you wan fight for Allah too?

1 Like

Re: Police Warn Muslims To Stay-Off Jos Praying Ground by brightpot: 12:50pm On Aug 14, 2012
The fear of bomb is the beginning of security awarenesstonguetonguetonguetongue
Re: Police Warn Muslims To Stay-Off Jos Praying Ground by manny4life(m): 12:51pm On Aug 14, 2012
If I talk now, they will attack... Just watching smiley smiley smiley
Re: Police Warn Muslims To Stay-Off Jos Praying Ground by muktarmtt(m): 12:55pm On Aug 14, 2012
see even dey go thr nfin will hppnd dey knw conseconsys if dey tuch any muslim broda dey knw waz coming,dey start a war dey tink dey ready to wiped out muslim in jos but is a big mistake dey ever made in thr lifes dispyt dat dey out number d muslim but Allah is wit us nd give dem power to scared dem away now dey want peace hahaha wat ashame thr govrn give up nd start blame game dat is thr foult jessu is 4nishing dem by thr sin can u imagin so all d way thr not even a gud xtrian men dat guy is joke.

2 Likes

Re: Police Warn Muslims To Stay-Off Jos Praying Ground by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:56pm On Aug 14, 2012
afam4eva: One Nigeria for life.
I don't see togetherness in Nigeria again. What I see is toleration & hatred...Everyone/ethnic group or tribe is just waiting to explode.
I did my NYSC in Jos & I know the problem of that place. It's like a case of Beroms, Yorubas, Ibos & other groups Vs the Hausa/Fulanis. They don't like eachother except to do eye service. If the Muslim Hausa/Fulanis want peace, they should just obey & worship quietly in their domot. Moreso, Yoruba muslim do not go to the praying ground in Rukuba Road due to security reasons.
Rukuba Road is highly dominated by Beroms & other tribes in Plateau, Ibos & little Yorubas except Hausa/Fulanis. Truely, there was once a muslim praying ground (now abandoned) in this area. But the area is now dominated by people of different faith & belief.
Although I really enjoyed my service year, but I will never advice any Nigerian posted to Jos for NYSC to accept it in good faith. I survived via God's grace, steadfastness & prayer.
Re: Police Warn Muslims To Stay-Off Jos Praying Ground by muktarmtt(m): 1:02pm On Aug 14, 2012
manny4life: If I talk now, they will attack... Just watching smiley smiley smiley
talk now r u scared remenber freedom of Speach as u said d oda tym talk ur own
Re: Police Warn Muslims To Stay-Off Jos Praying Ground by tessyade: 1:04pm On Aug 14, 2012
I pray they yield this advice to avoid another crisis. Atleast this will safe us from another news of crisis in jos.
Re: Police Warn Muslims To Stay-Off Jos Praying Ground by jamesrichard(m): 1:12pm On Aug 14, 2012
muktar mtt: wat Bleep is wrong wit u if dey desrt u ware u dey go in d bushess or sea I tink in forest dat y all ur pppl act lyk animals cos dey still live in forest mind ur language o! Or u will b in big trouble ebamma my foot wat kind of name is dat ok I got it is one of ur animalistic name mtsw.

who b dis muktar mtt? Na police ni? Guy, go n kakk ya sit..n keep ur ya mouth shaat!
Leave dem mak dem D IZALA go pray oga police..na DERIKA MUSLEM GO COME BOmb dem..abi na SHIA'A MUSLEM SEF..tnk God i was born a xtian! I wil remain a xtain til jehovah d el-elyon comes.
Re: Police Warn Muslims To Stay-Off Jos Praying Ground by gbadexy(m): 1:13pm On Aug 14, 2012
Bigotry, prejudic, bias abound on NL.
If I don't try and educate some tribalistic ibos on the true events of 1967,I would be trying to enlighten some religious bigots.
Funny enough, some of them would fight side by side when attacking Islam and later face each other when it get ethnic.
Sentimental lots.

3 Likes

Re: Police Warn Muslims To Stay-Off Jos Praying Ground by ayusbobs(m): 1:15pm On Aug 14, 2012
Ayatullah: @made in Nigeria, if you cannot bend down for your God whom will you bend down for? SATAN YOUR MASTER OF COURSE. Those who deny the muslims their right of worship on Allah's earth WILL NEVER, EVER KNOW PEACE.
Amin!!!
Re: Police Warn Muslims To Stay-Off Jos Praying Ground by akinalex(m): 1:17pm On Aug 14, 2012
let us all obey the instruction to before warned is to before harm.
Re: Police Warn Muslims To Stay-Off Jos Praying Ground by Vessel4christ(m): 1:20pm On Aug 14, 2012
Ayatullah: Those who deny the muslims their right of worship on Allah's earth WILL NEVER, EVER KNOW PEACE.
there's no problem abt dat sir as long as u ar nt helpn Allah carry out this professy.. *winks* just passin by..meant no harm
Re: Police Warn Muslims To Stay-Off Jos Praying Ground by ayasammygmail(f): 1:22pm On Aug 14, 2012
Ayoobscom: Ban hijab
Mary never be without it
Bearded men are terrorists
Jesus never be without it
Ban none interest banking
Jesus advocated it
Ban Muslims from praying
Jesus will pray with them when he comes

Because he's Muslim like Muhammad
O! Are you shocked by this! Go n read d old testament ..not the pamphlets u call Bible today

Can u hear urself, once in the light but now walk in darkness, nowonder thou seest not.

I love you..irrespective of ur faith...bless you..

I was once a Christian...I was once in doubts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Deeds That Meet The "Dead Muslims" / Jpiliya, lets talk about Islam since the christianity talk is at dead end. / Tell Us Islamic Scholars With Their Sittings (halqo) In Your Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.