Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,046 members, 7,838,644 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released (21674 Views)

LASTMA Official, Army Cadet & Police In A Brawl In Lagos Today (Pics) / LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) / A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by jify(f): 4:58pm On Aug 14, 2012
Well if she is innocent, i am glad she has been exonerated. May God not allow us fall victim of false accusation. only in naija
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by Okijajuju1(m): 4:58pm On Aug 14, 2012
doctokwus:
I think she must av bn acquitted of d murder charge bc of oral eyewitness account of d incident including evn some lastma who just told d truth of d actual happening dat day.But for anyone to claim there are pictures of d actual murder incidents is hogwash;to show how annoying some nigerians can be,d article evn posted a pix of a lastma standing beside an empty car as evidence;common let's assume we av brains so dat d whiteman doesn't continue thinking we are monkeys bc our conduct all round,particularly inside d entity called nigeria gives cause to bliv so,haba!

Yeah!! Let me assume you have a brain.
In Port-Harcourt for example, anytime TIMARIN arrests a traffic offender, they are required to take pictures and videos of the vehicle showing the position it was in at the time of arrest. Infact, you will see them with a portable camcoder filming you as you try to manuver and escape them.
I am certain whoever took that picture was taking it to show the woman on the wrong side of the road, and is only just turning it in now as evidence to free an innocent woman from going to jail for a crime she didnt commit. As you and I can see, the Pitcure isnt doctored in anyway.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by JOXY(f): 4:58pm On Aug 14, 2012
yes she is free in the sight of men but in the sight of God nko?

Come to think of it, this is what the government is trying to guide against in the first place. Had she not taking one way the man would have being alive today. Although she did not kill the man directly she killed him indirectly. My advise to her is to ask God for forgiveness and also do what she can for the decessed family. MARK MY WORD THE DEVIL USED HER INDIRECTLY.[b]yes she is free in the sight of men but in the sight of God nko?

Come to think of it, this is what the government is trying to guide against in the first place. Had she not taking one way the man would have being alive today. Although she did not kill the man directly she killed him indirectly. My advise to her is to ask God for forgiveness and also do what she can for the decessed family. MARK MY WORD THE DEVIL USED HER INDIRECTLY.[/b]yes she is free in the sight of men but in the sight of God nko?

Come to think of it, this is what the government is trying to guide against in the first place. Had she not taking one way the man would have being alive today. Although she did not kill the man directly she killed him indirectly. My advise to her is to ask God for forgiveness and also do what she can for the decessed family. MARK MY WORD THE DEVIL USED HER INDIRECTLY.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by kobezex: 4:59pm On Aug 14, 2012
The pix was taken by a fellow Lastma official. They do that atimes, especially if they think u might run or deny it.while takig the pix an officer must stand beside the vehicle with its number plate displayed clearly. For their mond dem don catch big fish.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by vickspider(f): 5:01pm On Aug 14, 2012
I hope her place of work will not turn their backs on her in this trying time........ embarassed
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by ade80: 5:02pm On Aug 14, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

So the LASTMA officers took the Pictures and Video that would exonerate the woman they accused of murder?

Let's take a few minutes to think about how that sounds shall we?

Probably the people that had gathered to watch the drama of the woman and the lastma officers. Almost everyone has a camera phone these days.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by gbadexy(m): 5:02pm On Aug 14, 2012
I thank God for the woman.
To those castigating the woman because she is not related to them, I hope they and their families never get framed for what they didn't do.
I still wonder what some bastard officials hope to gain by knowing the truth and deliberately pinning murder/manslaughter on an innocent person? Imagine if nobody came around to vindicate the woman!
We are living by the special grace of God in this country, may God judge those people that seek to lie on that lady appropriately.
One can imagine how many such cases we have in the court by nigerian police and other security agencies.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by collinsJn(m): 5:04pm On Aug 14, 2012
Wen I Heard d News,I Felt So Sorry For her,But Thank God She Is Exonerated. Kudos To all dose That Came Out Wit Evidence. God Bless U All.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by SisiKill1: 5:05pm On Aug 14, 2012
doctokwus:
I think she must av bn acquitted of d murder charge bc of oral eyewitness account of d incident including evn some lastma who just told d truth of d actual happening dat day.But for anyone to claim there are pictures of d actual murder incidents is hogwash;[/b]to show how annoying some nigerians can be,d article evn posted a pix of a lastma standing beside an empty car as evidence;common let's assume we av brains so dat d whiteman doesn't continue thinking we are monkeys bc our conduct all round,particularly inside d entity called nigeria gives cause to bliv so,haba!

Exactly! Thank you!!!!!!

Now that makes more sense!!

@ Topic
Another Senseless Article brought to you by the Brilliant Minds at the NUJ. . .Producers of such classics as [b]Batman and The Nigerian Power Plant
and Let's Go take pictures of Thugs without Protection and then Wonder What We did wrong after they beat us Senseless.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by Chirolechick: 5:05pm On Aug 14, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

But who took the video and picture and why??!!

How did they happen to be there right at the very moment before the man died to take his picture??!!

Don't you find it all strange?

Huh
dearie there is noffn strange about that,pple take pictures when stuff happen,maybe just to laff about it, but the laughable pictures probably saved the woman. infact i've entered a bus before and made a video of a fight btw d conductor n a passenger, assumin some1 ws killed and d police needed evidence, wouldn't i provide my video or pix 2 hlp the case? i dunno abt u but m sure if i were at ds scene i wls hv taken pix 2, i love dem scenes grin

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 14, 2012
how do we know that is the banker's suv? How do we know that is the soon-to-be-deceased Lastma official? Abegii...i ain no conspiracy theorist and even the oga patapata of Lastma can be crushed for all i care but, c'mon....obviously, the 'she has a 2month old baby' story alone was too tepid.
Na so bankers get level? hmm, not bad, not bad at all...
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by femionasan(m): 5:08pm On Aug 14, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

So the LASTMA officers took the Pictures and Video that would exonerate the woman they accused of murder?

Let's take a few minutes to think about how that sounds shall we?

Madam, it is possible. We all know what can possibly happen to a passer-by taking a pic of these touts when they are doing their thing. So do not rule out the fact that the pic emanated from them. Besides the picture put up is the picture of the now deceased official just before his death.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by Okijajuju1(m): 5:09pm On Aug 14, 2012
JOXY: yes she is free in the sight of men but in the sight of God nko?

Come to think of it, this is what the government is trying to guide against in the first place. Had she not taking one way the man would have being alive today. Although she did not kill the man directly she killed him indirectly. My advise to her is to ask God for forgiveness and also do what she can for the decessed family. MARK MY WORD THE DEVIL USED HER INDIRECTLY.[b]yes she is free in the sight of men but in the sight of God nko?

Come to think of it, this is what the government is trying to guide against in the first place. Had she not taking one way the man would have being alive today. Although she did not kill the man directly she killed him indirectly. My advise to her is to ask God for forgiveness and also do what she can for the decessed family. MARK MY WORD THE DEVIL USED HER INDIRECTLY.[/b]yes she is free in the sight of men but in the sight of God nko?

Come to think of it, this is what the government is trying to guide against in the first place. Had she not taking one way the man would have being alive today. Although she did not kill the man directly she killed him indirectly. My advise to her is to ask God for forgiveness and also do what she can for the decessed family. MARK MY WORD THE DEVIL USED HER INDIRECTLY.

YOu dey reason like Nama!!

So by your Logic, all the people who boarded the Dana Flight are responsible for killing those who died on the ground, abi?! If the government had fixed the bad roads, all those who died via road accidents would never have died, hence the Devil Used the Government to kill them..

You be real oily bonce.

The Devil used who?!

You must be posessed with the Evil spirit to type this bullshit?!

I really have nothing but pity for your damned soul.

6 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 14, 2012
I am happy for her oh...
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by badesco(m): 5:12pm On Aug 14, 2012
The lady would have been sent to the prison for offense not committed. if not an eye witness. The lady should thank her God and her star.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by fstranger9: 5:16pm On Aug 14, 2012
JOXY: yes she is free in the sight of men but in the sight of God nko?

I pray the devil use me to kill you. person!
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by SisiKill1: 5:16pm On Aug 14, 2012
Na wa oh, it seems more people think it is more plausible that some random person who just happened to be passing by, took the picture right before the guy died than The Journalist slapping a random LASTMA Officer's picture on the front page to beef of their story.

I am fearing oh lipsrsealed
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:28pm On Aug 14, 2012
ayusman16: so what happens to those who accused her falsely?

You can say that again! Especially on NL. People just talking smack. Thank God jare, my friend has been released. cheesy
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by GboyegaD(m): 5:28pm On Aug 14, 2012
afam4eva: So, why was she accused of running over the lastma official in the first place? Were the lastma officials blind?

This is why I said we need to put cameras on our roads because I do not trust these LASTMA officials a bit. In a bid to raise money for themselves, I wouldn't be surprised if they keep fabricating offences for drivers.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 14, 2012
she should sue the bastards, npf, lastma , lasg for public humiliation, unlawful detention, slander

this rubbish must stop

animals
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by Okijajuju1(m): 5:33pm On Aug 14, 2012
fstranger9:

I pray the devil use me to kill you. person!

In Jesus Name, Amen!!!

Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by doctokwus: 5:34pm On Aug 14, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Na wa oh, it seems more people think it is more plausible that some random person who just happened to be passing by, took the picture right before the guy died than The Journalist slapping a random LASTMA Officer's picture on the front page to beef of their story.

If d actual pix existed,it wud av gone viral by now!D stupid pple posted a random pix& attached d story to it.Dat pix above is no evidence of anything,it doesn't evn prove dat jeep was driving against traffic,talkless of showing how d lastma was killed.If any passerby snappd any pix,it wud av bn dat of d crushed lastma man,I trust nigerians for dat, dan dat rubbish above.Who wud pick any interest in snapping an official standing beside an empty car?
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by lanrefront1(m): 5:34pm On Aug 14, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Na wa oh, it seems more people think it is more plausible that some random person who just happened to be passing by, took the picture right before the guy died than The Journalist slapping a random LASTMA Officer's picture on the front page to beef of their story.

There already several explanations offered on this thread of how the pictures could have come about. Why exactly do you think it's completely impossible. Like it has been said, it's protocol for Lastma officials to take pictures of the spot a car breaking the law to use as evidence against the law-breaker. It could also have been taken by the woman, as you can see there is noone in the car.

Then OP posted the source if this news. I think it's reasonable for us to believe for now until credible evidence confirming the opposite.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by linearity: 5:35pm On Aug 14, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Wait a sec. . .who took the pictures??!

I mean someone just happened to take a picture of the woman with the deceased moments before he became deceased??!

Hmmmmm, something ain't right.

It is very plausible....in this day and age, where virtually every phone and handset have a camera, it is not far fetched that it was caught on camera.

Aside, i have a little dual camera dvr on my car windshield, it start recording immediately I starts the engine and stops about 2 minutes after the engine is off. It maintains itself, delete old recordings for new ones and can hold about 2-3 weeks worth of recording...these cameras are readily available for the general population.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by GboyegaD(m): 5:36pm On Aug 14, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Wait a sec. . .who took the pictures??!

I mean someone just happened to take a picture of the woman with the deceased moments before he became deceased??!

Hmmmmm, something ain't right.

I think someone who has been robbed by the lies of LASTMA did. You need to see them fabricate their lies to know what those touts are capable of.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by chatterly: 5:37pm On Aug 14, 2012
Ok,she has been released and the next thing we are hearing is Thank God for bringing her out of this.what about the lastma ppple who told white lies against her!!!what if it was a normal joe blogs that this happened to what would have happened?what about the lastma bosses and the governor who had crucified her before investigations,.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by itiswell1(m): 5:39pm On Aug 14, 2012
Well, congrat to her if she is innocent, but if not, God dey
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by lanrefront1(m): 5:44pm On Aug 14, 2012
Now, why are we not hearing about the disciplinary actions to be taken against the Lastma officials involved in this frame-up. I mean they try to frame-up somebody for murder. This tells a lot about Lastma; it's agency full of evil people. Why are we not hearing from the governor of the Director of Lastma.

I think Mrs. Yinka Johnson should sue Lastma to court for trying to frame her up for murder. She definitely has a case that a Judge will hear.

She needs to do this so as to expose Lastma, or else they will do it to another person.

This shows Lastma is an agency whose officials frame-up people for offences they have not committed. If you have a state of mind that can frame-up someone for murder, then other frame-ups are just child's play. It also means you can even kill.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by chioma134: 5:48pm On Aug 14, 2012
Thank God for her o. I knew there was more to the story than what was being peddled. It's not easy for a woman to crush a man in cold-blood and run away. For those doubting the story,I don't blame you if you've not entered police trap b4. Nigerian police is filled with rogues and liars. They probably released her because they didn't have enough evidence,and because they realised she was going to fight back. I know a police deputy commissioner who in my very presence collected bribe from a fellow officer to cover a murder case. He was even complaining that the money was too small. Just pray you don't fall into the hands of the police.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by bigass(f): 5:53pm On Aug 14, 2012
Murder case over. Now when will she be charged and tried for her traffic offense? Impound the car and give her 3 years imprisonment straight!! Abi she no drive one way?
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by SisiKill1: 5:57pm On Aug 14, 2012
lanre_front:

There already several explanations offered on this thread of how the pictures could have come about. Why exactly do you think it's completely impossible. Like it has been said, it's protocol for Lastma officials to take pictures of the spot a car breaking the law to use as evidence against the law-breaker. It could also have been taken by the woman, as you can see there is noone in the car.

Then OP posted the source if this news. I think it's reasonable for us to believe for now until credible evidence confirming the opposite.

Explanation offered so far

1) LASTMA took the pictures because it is Protocol. . .then isn't it silly of them to try to pin the murder on her? Didn't they think for a second that people will demand the pictures they took seeing as everyone one knows they must have taken pictures since it is protocol?

2) Random Person walking down the street took the picture. . .ya know because LASTMA stopping someone is such a rare occurrence in Lagos, it needed to be captured on video and picture for posterity's sake. You know what, no need for further analysis on this one. .. Just show us how many Random pictures you took today of things that don't concern you directly.

3) She took the Pictures herself - Yet she let them arrest her and throw her in jail with her baby. This is a banker (thank you journalists for constantly reminding us of that fact) not some Janey Go Lucky off the streets, so it is reasonable to to assume she has some connections to people who are some clout then yet she didn't reach out to anyone, to provide them with the videos and picture before things got out of hand.

Hmmm. . .I think amma hafta go with the Reporter slapping any ol pix on his article to beef up his story. Hey this is just me, you don't hafta believe the same thing I do, ya know.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by Pimples(m): 6:00pm On Aug 14, 2012
All I can Say is

[size=25pt]NA WA FOR THIS COUNTRY[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City" / IMF May Approve Nigeria’s $3.4 Billion Loan Today / Controversy Surrounds Odumakin's Burial Over Misappropriation Of ₦7.9 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.