Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,302 members, 7,954,201 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:07 PM

Pastor Adeboye Survives Food Poisoning - City People Magazine - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye Survives Food Poisoning - City People Magazine (40299 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye Survives Food Poisoning - City People Magazine by scorpio1(m): 11:27pm On Aug 14, 2012
From the history of christianity, there has always been Judas and there will always be...in the early years, numerous assasinations and poisoning was recorded in the vatican, pontiffs where murdered for the papal powers, even Jesus was betrayed by judas an apostle for money...All we should do is pray for Pastor Adeboye and if it is the righ time for him to retire he should do so...he who sets the laws shoul adhere to the laws too.
I pray for Peace.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Survives Food Poisoning - City People Magazine by Goshen360(m): 11:27pm On Aug 14, 2012
This is the kind of thing that happens in a place where GREED, PERVERSION and COMPETITION rules. I speak the truth without the fear of man in this matter - Both Pastor Adeboye and these young pastors are all guilty. How do I mean?

As the report says,

shadrach77:

According to the report, since Pastor Adeboye popularly called Daddy G.O by his members turned 70 in March this year, some young pastors have been putting pressure on the revered man of God to vacate the post of the G.O as it is the custom of the church for any serving official to retire when they clock 70 years of age.

If their so called constitution says ANY serving official is to retire at the age of 70 years. I "assume" the G.O is not excluded from this constitution. You see, where there is no law, there is no sin. First, there is no such thing as 70 years retirement for servants of God in the bible. However, since they have made their own laws for their own organization, i believe it is binding on Pastor Adeboye to resign according to their constitution. Failure to honorably do that is to violate the constitution of the organization.

Second, the "young pastors" who called for the retirement of the G.O and subsequently planned food poisoning for a man who have raised them. We are in a mess when such things are mentioned among Christians. This shows the level of greed, competition and power craze going on in the lives of people who are called MoGs. Indeed, godliness with contentment is a great gain. Alas, when some group of "young pastors" who have been "eyeing" the big position and are disappointed will suddenly receive a call to start their own church. Subsequently, we have groups of killers handling the pulpit. This is the reason we have many churches and yet, immorality abound in the society.

What then shall we say?

shadrach77:
Who in this world would be happy to be responsible for Pastor Adeboye’s death?

The question continues and remains a mystery unless God reveals the "sons of perdition".

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Survives Food Poisoning - City People Magazine by wealth123: 11:30pm On Aug 14, 2012
@Pembisco You are so ignorant about the Bible. To say Peter was the first Pope confirms this. Peter had a wife. Are the Popes we have today not into celibacy (Not married).You better give your life to Christ and be saved instead of trusting in catholicism with all those statues of Mary and others they bow to.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Survives Food Poisoning - City People Magazine by philipstanley(m): 11:31pm On Aug 14, 2012
wat God has blessed NO MAN CAN CAUSE. TOUCH NOT MY ANIONTED AND DO MY PROPHECT NO HARM. DADDY GO IS UNDISTRUCTABLE AND UNSTOPEABLE. HE SHALL ENJOY LONG LIFE 2 IT'S FULLNESS
Re: Pastor Adeboye Survives Food Poisoning - City People Magazine by Delafruita(m): 11:35pm On Aug 14, 2012
pembisco: Dis scandal can never occure in d catholic church-proudly catholic,d church dt ws directly instituted by jesus himslf wen he told peter,on dis rock i wl build my church,by dt peter bcame d 1st pope dwn 2 d present pope,dts hw d mandate kept goin til date,nd dts d begining of catholic church...cnt go 2 a church 2 dt ws founded by 1 adeboyo or sm chris
this has to be the joke of the century.no matter the attrocities pentecostal churches commit,they can never commit up to 5% of those commited by the catholic church.
a simple question,if peter was the first pope,who was the second pope?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Survives Food Poisoning - City People Magazine by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 14, 2012
CLIQBOY: but dodid jesus bow down to mary/statue? *just asking*

edited grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye Survives Food Poisoning - City People Magazine by ifihearam: 11:40pm On Aug 14, 2012
pembisco: Dis scandal can never occure in d catholic church-proudly catholic,d church dt ws directly instituted by jesus himslf wen he told peter,on dis rock i wl build my church,by dt peter bcame d 1st pope dwn 2 d present pope,dts hw d mandate kept goin til date,nd dts d begining of catholic church...cnt go 2 a church 2 dt ws founded by 1 adeboyo or sm chris

Complete ignoramus
Re: Pastor Adeboye Survives Food Poisoning - City People Magazine by Olaone1: 11:40pm On Aug 14, 2012
Miraculous Jesus.

Bet they didn't use Kremlin hardmen
Re: Pastor Adeboye Survives Food Poisoning - City People Magazine by Nobody: 11:41pm On Aug 14, 2012
"Women are the cause of relationship breakups in marriages"? Obviously trying to cushion Okotie's sin.

Another low for Nigerian pastors. . . .I can't be surprised anymore.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Survives Food Poisoning - City People Magazine by pembisco(m): 11:41pm On Aug 14, 2012
CLIQBOY: but do jesus bow down to mary/statue? *just asking*
catholics honour mary nd nt woshping her! Simple logic,let dame patience jonathan decides 2 visit ur village nd c hw pple wl garther in thousands,women in uniforms givin her d best of treats,security agents evriwhr,now! Is she d president of dis con3? NO,she is jst d wife of d president yet nd pple gv her dt respect,so my broda,hw much mo respct nd honour kn u gv 2 d woman whom God favourd(mary)as moda of jesus christ,sm churches dnt evn mentn her name,4getin d role she playd in our salvatn,evn facrook is adrest as HONOURABLE 4 crying out,talk mo of mary,U LOOSE NOTIN BY HONOURING MARY

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Survives Food Poisoning - City People Magazine by ifihearam: 11:42pm On Aug 14, 2012
Human Psycho: Am not Supprised, was at the ministers conference last week!

What happened @ d minister's conference??
Re: Pastor Adeboye Survives Food Poisoning - City People Magazine by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 14, 2012
Ola one: Miraculous Jesus.

Bet they didn't use Kremlin hardmen

ROFLMAO
Re: Pastor Adeboye Survives Food Poisoning - City People Magazine by Fikzzy(m): 11:44pm On Aug 14, 2012
Never wanted to believe this story when i heard it @ first from one of d bigwigs in RCCG. Though sounds very strange, it could be true cos the craze for money, power and fame in this country is in an alarming state and its regardless of the sector. A sacred position as the G.O...c pppl wana play games with it. Forget any pastor, its all about knowing YOUR God by your own very SELF. what a shame!!! cry

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Survives Food Poisoning - City People Magazine by pembisco(m): 11:45pm On Aug 14, 2012
wealth123: @Pembisco You are so ignorant about the Bible. To say Peter was the first Pope confirms this. Peter had a wife. Are the Popes we have today not into celibacy (Not married).You better give your life to Christ and be saved instead of trusting in catholicism with all those statues of Mary and others they bow to.
get ur fcts well,peter neva had a wife
Re: Pastor Adeboye Survives Food Poisoning - City People Magazine by ifihearam: 11:46pm On Aug 14, 2012
pembisco:
catholics honour mary nd nt woshping her! Simple logic,let dame patience jonathan decides 2 visit ur village nd c hw pple wl garther in thousands,women in uniforms givin her d best of treats,security agents evriwhr,now! Is she d president of dis con3? NO,she is jst d wife of d president yet nd pple gv her dt respect,so my broda,hw much mo respct nd honour kn u gv 2 d woman whom God favourd(mary)as moda of jesus christ,sm churches dnt evn mentn her name,4getin d role she playd in our salvatn,evn facrook is adrest as HONOURABLE 4 crying out,talk mo of mary,U LOOSE NOTIN BY HONOURING MARY

Mumu!!!!!
Thou shall not bow before any graven image.
Is it in ur Bible?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Survives Food Poisoning - City People Magazine by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 14, 2012
Shut up dia. Tell that to illiterate Nigerians and those that don't read. Your catholic church scandals alone will take a lifetime to analyse. As for Adeboye, if his tenure is over it's over and should honourably resign. By now he should have groomed an able successor.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Survives Food Poisoning - City People Magazine by akpunku1: 11:48pm On Aug 14, 2012
timmy1999:
I have a book called babylonia mystery...when u read it..u will pack ur bag and leave catholic church..the atrocities commit there ,are mind blowing...just find dat book and read wat past pope av done....u will come and thank me

shut up my friend! U read shallow books and get yourself to believe what u crave to believe. Why haven't u stopped going to church or haven't u seen books that painted christianity black?

P.S - there is evil in most churches of the world.

P.S.S - the same way u watch ur general overseer in big screens and hope for miracle, the same way u worship ur pastors and miracle workers, that same way catholics *Honour their saints, Saint Mary inclusive. And have a pictorial and sculpture representation on them. because there were no 'big screens' when Catholic was instituted.

P.S.S.S - Just worship ur God, keep the Golden rule (Matt. 7:12) and u will be making a portion of this earth a better place. (I bet u cant do that)
Re: Pastor Adeboye Survives Food Poisoning - City People Magazine by akpunku1: 11:50pm On Aug 14, 2012
scorpio1: From the history of christianity, there has always been Judas and there will always be...in the early years, numerous assasinations and poisoning was recorded in the vatican, pontiffs where murdered for the papal powers, even Jesus was betrayed by judas an apostle for money...All we should do is pray for Pastor Adeboye and if it is the righ time for him to retire he should do so...he who sets the laws shoul adhere to the laws too.
I pray for Peace.

remain blessed
Re: Pastor Adeboye Survives Food Poisoning - City People Magazine by Series22(m): 11:52pm On Aug 14, 2012
cyril83: Pastor adeboye shud retire for what...this is d work of God not government work...nawa for all these pastors
my guy, is d turn of igbos 2 produce d nxt genaral oversear of RCCG, pastor adeboye should respect zoning or we shall make d church ungovernable 4 him. D church's constitution says once u r 70yrs u shuld retire.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Survives Food Poisoning - City People Magazine by Series22(m): 11:54pm On Aug 14, 2012
Re: Pastor Adeboye Survives Food Poisoning - City People Magazine by basisop(m): 11:54pm On Aug 14, 2012
Before all these churches get to 100yrs, their scandals would be worst.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Survives Food Poisoning - City People Magazine by Nobody: 11:58pm On Aug 14, 2012
CLIQBOY: Who owns the church please?
make u ask google na! Me sef I dunno! But seriously if he has reached the age of retirement then he should give way for others.I don't see anything wrong with that. But trying to poison him,that I don't support.anything can happen these days even in our churches too.will I call it POWER HUNGRY
Re: Pastor Adeboye Survives Food Poisoning - City People Magazine by cheesome(m): 11:58pm On Aug 14, 2012
wetin bring roman catholic into dis matter?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Survives Food Poisoning - City People Magazine by akpunku1: 11:58pm On Aug 14, 2012
Series22: my guy, is d turn of igbos 2 produce d nxt genaral oversear of RCCG, pastor adeboye should respect zoning or we shall make d church ungovernable 4 him. D church's constitution says once u r 70yrs u shuld retire.

bruhahahahahaha
Re: Pastor Adeboye Survives Food Poisoning - City People Magazine by pembisco(m): 11:59pm On Aug 14, 2012
ifihearam:

Mumu!!!!!
Thou shall not bow before any graven image.
Is it in ur Bible?
Ewu,dt big screen 4 ur church no be image abi,1 amng tins am proud of is WE DNT ADVESTISE OR ENTICE PPLE TO WORSHIP IN OUR CHURCH AND WE DNT MEK WOSHIPERS TINK THEY LL DIE THE NEXT DAY IF THEY DNT PAY THEIR THITHE
Re: Pastor Adeboye Survives Food Poisoning - City People Magazine by 2gbasky22(m): 12:00am On Aug 15, 2012
Series22: my guy, is d turn of igbos 2 produce d nxt genaral oversear of RCCG, pastor adeboye should respect zoning or we shall make d church ungovernable 4 him. D church's constitution says once u r 70yrs u shuld retire.

you are a big FOOOOL!!!!!!

I thought i should jst let u knw
Re: Pastor Adeboye Survives Food Poisoning - City People Magazine by Dejiro(m): 12:07am On Aug 15, 2012
Going this far just to sell magazine!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Survives Food Poisoning - City People Magazine by edicolove: 12:07am On Aug 15, 2012

Jesus founded the catholic church? Peter was first pope? Where on earth did you get that from? Certainly not from the bible! Is that what they teach you guys in your church? All the first Christians were Jews, not Romans and they certainly weren't politicians like the pope and cardinals. Emperor constantine was the first pope. He merged the church and state and made christianity a state religion. Prior to him, christians were hunted and persecuted all over europe. No Jewish christian could have become a pope when the romans hated, hunted and almost annihilated the Jews. Read your history man, not just your cathcism.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Survives Food Poisoning - City People Magazine by adigunbankole(m): 12:08am On Aug 15, 2012

u ar an idiot, fool ad a stupid fellow. Pls never ad never refer to Pastor Adeboye in a rude and disrespectful mannar again in ur life time.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Survives Food Poisoning - City People Magazine by Series22(m): 12:09am On Aug 15, 2012
but priests r free 2 sleep wit reverend sisters, d catholic church in california has paid more than 300milion dollars as conpensation to minors raped by priests, More than 50 priests resigned worldwide, plus a bishop in edo state. Catholics r fanatics, infact una b muslims(una d use chaplet). Watch out 4 catholic bokoharam.. Hypocrites
Re: Pastor Adeboye Survives Food Poisoning - City People Magazine by talk2D: 12:09am On Aug 15, 2012
Religion Things... Think b4 u leap...(x10)
Re: Pastor Adeboye Survives Food Poisoning - City People Magazine by Nobody: 12:11am On Aug 15, 2012
diegs:
Which nonsense law says dt? There z notin lyk dt.

Ask the OP, I didn't post the article. I was only pointing you to a phrase that you obviously overlooked.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus / Pastor Victor Ativie: Osinachi Nwachukwu's Husband Hid Money Paid To Her (Video) / "Women Who Wear Trousers, Eyelashes Are Sinners" - Pastor Lazarus Muoka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.