Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! - Nairaland / General (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! (18943 Views)

Nairaland Did Not Do Well. They Rejected My Advert / What Nairaland Did To Me / How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 15, 2012
grin cheesy all this Naira-landers are real Magas' oo.. Chai!! grin. One s ;Dmart Yahoo Boi has sent spam mails to all the members here and I gues half clicked on dat link..hahaha! They ve gotten ur email passwords o! And if u are the unlucky one dat use the same password for both emails and personal account! Then I suggest u go quick quick and change ur password coz they mite not ve gotten to ur turn to access ur account! .. Chai!! MAGA don PAY!! Olodo Nairaland.. Mke una wise up!
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by justwise(m): 6:57pm On Aug 15, 2012
Mr--Why:

You are right. The business section is dead and buried.

Justwise dictorial and I too know attitude is not helping matters on the travel section.

You called it dictatorial, i call it no-nonsense approach to bunch of criminals and if you are one of them then tough luck.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by justwise(m): 7:10pm On Aug 15, 2012
Olodostein:

If you don't know how the IT world works, keep quite and Learn.

Or are you simply an ass licker looking for a cheap slot ?

As usual you are clueless, that doesn't surprise me though.

No Mod here have access to members email address or password unless you give it out yourself.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by tpia5: 7:17pm On Aug 15, 2012
for goodness sake, why was my post asking who wizkid is and why we must know of his haircut, hidden?

all i want to add is the site needs a section for teenagers 18-24 years old and agbayas age 68+ (eg kingoflag aka fstranger) where they can discuss things of interest to them, like wizkid or somebody else' haircut.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by tpia5: 7:19pm On Aug 15, 2012
as per the frontpage, these folks might want to look into the possibility of having a live feed page- some other forums do this.

the topics appear as a live feed either to the side or in the middle of the page and are automatically updated continuously, with guidelines set by somebody- eg which sections provide the feed, and so on.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 15, 2012
justwise:

As usual you are clueless, that doesn't surprise me though.

No Mod here have access to members email address or password unless you give it out yourself.

Did you see me accuse anybody ? You have comprehension problem.

All we need is technical explanation on how things went wrong and it is no surprise that your weak mind can't phantom that.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Odunnu: 7:25pm On Aug 15, 2012
justwise:

You called it dictatorial, i call it no-nonsense approach to bunch of criminals and if you are one of them then tough luck.
Do you MOD business section now?
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by justwise(m): 7:33pm On Aug 15, 2012
Mr--Why:

You are right. The business section is dead and buried.

Justwise dictorial and I too know attitude is not helping matters on the travel section.

Odunnu:
Do you MOD business section now?

Nope, see his comment above.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by justwise(m): 7:38pm On Aug 15, 2012
Olodostein:

Did you see me accuse anybody ? You have comprehension problem.

All we need is technical explanation on how things went wrong and it is no surprise that your weak mind can't phantom that.

As typical with all Olodos, they don't seem to remember their previous rants, so i'm not surprised that you can't remember all you have being saying.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 15, 2012
justwise:

As typical with all Olodos, they don't seem to remember their previous rants, so i'm not surprised that you can't remember all you have being saying.

Cat got your tongue now huh ? You claim to know but you no nothing, nada, nichivo !!!

You simply can't engage one critically because you have a weak mind. Always looking for the next escape route.

I bet my cat, you simply don't know how the internet works.

Dokita !
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by TalkingBird: 7:50pm On Aug 15, 2012
Thief thief people om the rampage. Always looking for easy way out.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by denzel2009: 8:05pm On Aug 15, 2012
tpia@:
for goodness sake, why was my post asking who wizkid is and why we must know of his haircut, hidden?

all i want to add is the site needs a section for teenagers 18-24 years old where they can discuss things of interest to them, like wizkid or somebody else' haircut.

is 24 year old a teenager?
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 15, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
oMG!! Seun are you serious?!

I already sent $3000 to my Liberty account. Will NL refund my money? Seun, how do I get my money back from you?

Gawwd! Me too, I just sent them $15000 through wire transfer because I figured it had to be real this time since the writer didn't claim to be Son of the Deposed Former King of the Nigerian Kingdom!
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 15, 2012
denzel2009:

is 24 year old a teenager?

Well, when you're a woman and are clocking almost 50yrs Old (equivalent to 95yrs old in Men's age), trust me, 24yrs is a teenager.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by justwise(m): 8:20pm On Aug 15, 2012
Olodostein:

Cat got your tongue now huh ? You claim to know but you no nothing, nada, nichivo !!!

You simply can't engage one critically because you have a weak mind. Always looking for the next escape route.

I bet my cat, you simply don't know how the internet works.

Dokita !

Leave your cat alone, that cat is more useful than you.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by adesojiaderemi(m): 8:37pm On Aug 15, 2012
Sure, Got warnings from google chrome 4 days ago about hackers on Nairaland using malware.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 15, 2012
seun,sorry about that. But u no i still have problem with ur pyguru. Pls enlighten us on hw this robot works
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 15, 2012
justwise:

Leave your cat alone, that cat is more useful than you.

Obviously, my cats IQ is higher than yours.

You hardly think out of the box.Weak and slow mind you got.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by justwise(m): 9:52pm On Aug 15, 2012
Olodostein:

Obviously, my cats IQ is higher than yours.

You hardly think out of the box.Weak and slow mind you got.

Your Cat's IQ will still be the same level as the owner, two Olodos, though i prefer Cat to useless being like you.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by onlinenonii: 10:17pm On Aug 15, 2012
MODS you are free to delete it again ........... undecided

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by tpia5: 3:14am On Aug 16, 2012
so una dey try add me to una list abi?

after i said i dont click on nl emails?

you dont know why? angry
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 16, 2012
justwise:

Your Cat's IQ will still be the same level as the owner, two Olodos, though i prefer Cat to useless being like you.

You never engage in any reputable topic; you are simply an ambulance chaser and a sycophamt brainwashed pri.ck who derives his sense of worth from the internet. A man who thinks, behave, react and writes like a woman. Take a look at your syntax, so bloody dull with no substance.

Open a thread on any subject including the one you studied and lets us check out IQ's.

Dokita !!
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by frikuenci(m): 8:20am On Aug 16, 2012
I will start off with this wonderful yoruba adage "ti ogiri ko ba la nu,alangba ko Le wo nu re". English version"if the wall doesn't open up,the lizard wouldn't enter" meaning if you didn't post your email address in the first place the so called spammer wouldn't send u such or get your email. But this also do not dispel the possibility of some MODs doing likewise (spamming) NLers or even the possibility of the database been compromised(hacked).
However, majority of the blame comes from NLers. This particular post said it all and this is just one thread out of several...

https://www.nairaland.com/563015/shl-soft-copy

Its was created December 6th 2010 and people are still asking to be sent a copy as at July 12th 2012.

Most time in our desperation for knowledge, freebies,more information ecetera e sè to ra post our sensitive email on open thread so such information.

People are even lucky that the so called spammers didn't go far to extract email address on their contact list cloning and sending malicious mails that you are in dare Need of financial support.

A rule of thumb, never use the email you use as legitimate business contacts, online account reference contact mail or even official office email to receive information from either affiliate programs or freebies. Rather have a separate free mail that have no connection with your regular email whatsoever.

Funny enough I used one of my funky email to request for the shl info. If they would send it maybe tomorrow.Right away I knew that thread Is a danger zone to receive malicious mails from so called amateur affiliate marketers.

Anywayz, enough said already. My two cent.

But seriously, as in seriously, SEUN you really need to overhaul you MOD cabinet.

Long Life Nairaland!!!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by blank(f): 8:40am On Aug 16, 2012
But it states clearly that moderators will be able to view your email address when you use the "report to moderators" button. Why are you denying that moderators don't have access to your email address?
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by onatisii: 8:43am On Aug 16, 2012
I HAVE STATED MY CASE,AND I HAVE COME TO A CONCLUSION.
NL AND SEUN WILL DELETE MY ACCOUNT.I DONT NEED TO TALK TOO MUCH AGAIN.
MARK MY WORDS,I SWEAR THEY WILL DELETE MY ACCOUNT.BY THE TIME I START WITH THEM THEY WILL HAVE NO CHOICE.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by r231(m): 8:46am On Aug 16, 2012
^^^^^empty barrel

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by onatisii: 8:48am On Aug 16, 2012
r231: ^^^^^empty barrel
no problem
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by justwise(m): 8:52am On Aug 16, 2012
onatisii: I HAVE STATED MY CASE,AND I HAVE COME TO A CONCLUSION.
NL AND SEUN WILL DELETE MY ACCOUNT.I DONT NEED TO TALK TOO MUCH AGAIN.
MARK MY WORDS,I SWEAR THEY WILL DELETE MY ACCOUNT.BY THE TIME I START WITH THEM THEY WILL HAVE NO CHOICE.

I ask you again. . .why are you still here? I thought you claimed to have deleted all your posts couple of weeks ago because you want to leave nl? If you don't like nl and fears for your privacy then why not delete all your posts and get lost.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by fulfillment2020(m): 9:04am On Aug 16, 2012
Mr--Why:

Guy talk what you know. How would the DNS allow someoneelse the same right to register or use the same webmail as the original owner of the domain name ?

Its either the web Host has been hacked or this is just merely a publicity stunt.
Senders email can be spoofed to any kind of email address just like the bulk SMS. There are webmail that allow Inputting any kind of senders name,senders email, recipient email etc. Guy just chillax u re still a novice in that field. Peace be unto the house.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Glo New Yakata Plan: All You Need To Know / Talking Drum Alujo / Tipper Crushes Boy Dead In Anambra (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.