Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! (18946 Views)

Nairaland Did Not Do Well. They Rejected My Advert / What Nairaland Did To Me / How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by pdudy: 5:27pm On Aug 15, 2012
r231: Guys

For the last time can we stick to the topic.....

if you have any question for seun, kindly open a thread or send him an email

thank you

You are now trying to act civil eh? Ok lemme act civil too, for a while.

You have not in any way answered my question. I need answers fast please.

And kindly tell was just banned a few minutes ago. I would like to know my offense so I don't repeat it again cheesy
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 15, 2012
kandiikane: Go find a job or go make your own forum where you let users make decisions for you.

Rubbish.

It is this nonchalant attitude that is keeping this country where it is today. If anything, the moderators and owner of the site should be grateful to be hold to standard and accountability by lovers of human rights, democracy and the freedom to choose..

You exhibit the character of a cheap sycophant with no mind or values of her own.

Get a life.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by r231(m): 5:28pm On Aug 15, 2012
pdudy:

You are now trying to act civil eh? Ok lemme act civil too, for a while.

You have not in any way answered my question. I need answers fast please.

And kindly tell my why my username: pDude was just banned a few minutes ago. I would like to know my offense so I don't repeat it again cheesy

for derailing this thread
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by pdudy: 5:30pm On Aug 15, 2012
@r231- hiding my post ain't gonna prove anything. We can be at this all day. Today is a fine summer day and I'm off work today. Some of us have up to 100 usernames on nairaland so don't be deceived that nairaland is about to hit 1million users.

Please answer my questions.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by pdudy: 5:32pm On Aug 15, 2012
r231:

for derailing this thread

Ok. Answer my questions now Abeg. I have been waiting for too long

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by r231(m): 5:32pm On Aug 15, 2012
^^^dude your question has been answered

I am here waiting for the 100 usernames too
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by kandiikane(m): 5:34pm On Aug 15, 2012
Olodostein:

It is this nonchalant attitude that is keeping this country where it is today. If anything, the moderators and owner of the site should be grateful to be hold to standard and accountability by lovers of human rights, democracy and the freedom to choose..

You exhibit the character of a cheap sycophant with no mind or values of her own.

Get a life.

Listen, I have a life. It's you jobless trolls who need to get a life and stop acting like nairaland gave birth to you and fronting as if you have to pay to be on here.

Simply log out and never come again if it pains you.

Useless.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by pdudy: 5:34pm On Aug 15, 2012
r231: ^^^dude your question has been answered

Ok. Please answer it again cos I don't think I clearly understood your rude explanation the last time. Please be civil with me cos I'm being civil with you right now.

And while you are at it, kindly unban me
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 15, 2012
r231: ^^^dude your question has been answered

Be civil. After all, you are a moderator. People should emulate your remarkable character and hold you to high esteem.

He asked Legitimate questions ( note the s').

But you came out, beating your chest like a chimp who is happy to see a jamaican banana acting like an E- Dictator ready to ban his 100 usernames outright.

Cmon buddy, you are better than that. show class.

Oya, start answering one by one.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by pdudy: 5:46pm On Aug 15, 2012
Olodostein:

Be civil. After all, you are a moderator. People should emulate your remarkable character and hold you to high esteem.

He asked Legitimate questions ( note the s').

But you came out, beating your chest like a chimp who is happy to see a jamaican banana acting like an E- Dictator ready to ban his 100 usernames outright.
Cmon buddy, you are better than that. show class.

Oya, start answering one by one.

That's right smiley

Oya answer my questions cos I'm waiting.

And there is no shame in saying, "i don't know" as an answer to the questions. But there will be consequences if you give that answer.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by r231(m): 5:48pm On Aug 15, 2012
What question undecided undecided

you ask me about a ban and i answered you

WHAT ELSE undecided
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by onatisii: 5:55pm On Aug 15, 2012
r231: What question undecided undecided

WHAT ELSE undecided
i swear u just ruined nl ,i swear
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by onatisii: 5:56pm On Aug 15, 2012
i have no case with these mods ,time will tell,just wait and see
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by pdudy: 5:56pm On Aug 15, 2012
pDude: @r231- while Seun and his techies are trying hard to fix the ever-present bugs in his site, I wanna ask you a few questions and it will do you well to answer it because to some of us, our email addresses are meant to be private and we feel our privacy has just been violated by nairaland. The disclaimer Seun gave at the start of this thread is an obvious excuse. We are not stupid.

My questions: Why is it that it was the email addresses we used to sign into nairaland that received this spam mails?

Also why is it that it was mainly nairaland users that received these messages?

Where was our email addresses accessed from? Afterall, our emails are meant to be hidden inside the nairaland database and not made public.

Please your speedy reply would be needed. Reply with the same speed in which you use to hide our posts and ban us.

@r231- these are the questions. They need answering.

If you are not so high-handed and belligerent, but are attentive to our requests as a moderator, you would have known the particular questions I am talking about. But not so.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by emsquare(m): 5:57pm On Aug 15, 2012
Noted!
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 15, 2012
Nairaland Email was spoofed, OK! Somehow they managed to lay hold of our e-mail addresses. Possible work around include setting up another email or deleting all private posts. That is well understood.

What about those of us that do not want to change our emails but want to exit the system altogether? Is there no other way e.g deactivation? If not, can you kindly profer the reason why?

Also, I noted that I did not sign any contract when setting up my account e.g by ticking an "Agree" box. In the light of that what is my right concerning my posts, are they mine to do as i please or do they now belong to NL.

I am showing how this is connected with the topic, so it will be unfair if this is hidden as well.

Thirdly, some of these 'bad eggs' must have got to know us through certain threads we participated in, and while its fine to delete our post and leave a '.', it would serve us better to have our posts totally hidden away as if it was hidden by a Mod. So why can't we have the ability to hide our posts so we no longer appear on threads we dislike.

Finally, what is the real problem with account deactivation, and how do we block certain fellas sending private emails, and those we suspect of being fraudulent from viewing our activities ?

I will appreciate if these concerns can be addressed here in line with the advice from Seun about these 'bad eggs' so others can learn from it.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by ismhab(m): 5:59pm On Aug 15, 2012
FIFTH.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by pdudy: 5:59pm On Aug 15, 2012
r231: What question undecided undecided

WHAT ELSE undecided

An apology for this reply you gave above will increase your value by a few notches. otherwise its your bad.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by pdudy: 6:00pm On Aug 15, 2012
Moodie: Nairaland Email was spoofed, OK! Somehow they managed to lay hold of our e-mail addresses. Possible work around include setting up another email or deleting all private posts. That is well understood.

What about those of us that do not want to change our emails but want to exit the system altogether? Is there no other way e.g deactivation? If not, can you kindly profer the reason why?

Also, I made noted that I did not sign any contract when setting up my account e.g by ticking an "Agree" box. In the light of that what is my right concerning my posts, are they mine to do as i please or do they now belong to NL.

I am showing how this is connected with the topic, so it will be unfair if this is hidden as well.

Thirdly, some of these 'bad eggs' must have got to know us through certain threads we participated in, and while its fine to delete our post and leave a '.', it would serve us better to have our posts totally hidden away as if it was hidden by a Mod. So why can't we have the ability to hide our posts so we no longer appear on threads we dislike.

Finally, what is the real problem with account deactivation, and how do we block certain fellas sending private emails, and those we suspect of being fraudulent from viewing our activities ?

I will appreciate if these concerns can be addressed here in line with the advice from Seun about these 'bad eggs' so others can learn from it.

Thank you

I hope the mods leave this as it is without hiding it.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by onatisii: 6:01pm On Aug 15, 2012
pdudy:

@r231- these are the questions. They need answering.

If you are not so high-handed and belligerent, but are attentive to our requests as a moderator, you would have known the particular questions I am talking about. But not so.
so u have turned urself into almighty that can hide and ban ppl anyone and yet the owner of the account cant complain abi?better start getting ur legal defence ready.becos whether others like it or not i am getting my account deleted,removed ,dectivated when i get back
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 15, 2012
onatisii:
so u have turned urself into almighty that can hide and ban ppl anyone and yet the owner of the account cant complain abi?better start getting ur legal defence ready.becos whether others like it or not i am getting my account deleted,removed ,dectivated when i get back

I concur.....
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by onatisii: 6:03pm On Aug 15, 2012
Olodostein:

Get a life.
dont mind that idiot he is only seeking attention he hasnt made any sensible contribution either for or against he is a 500naira recharge card tout
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by onatisii: 6:03pm On Aug 15, 2012
Olodostein:

Get a life.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by pdudy: 6:03pm On Aug 15, 2012
onatisii:

I'm innocent o! Na r2d2 do am o. grin
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by ArQueBusieR(m): 6:06pm On Aug 15, 2012
Orikinla:

Don't forget the romance scam mails too by senders claiming to have seen profiles on Nairaland.
Oh! Thank you.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by onatisii: 6:11pm On Aug 15, 2012
seun is on the front page lets leave this monkey mod and face seun himself
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by onatisii: 6:12pm On Aug 15, 2012
pdudy:

I'm innocent o! Na r2d2 do am o. grin
sorry jare ,no vex ,my eyes don red for this place .sorry
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by pdudy: 6:14pm On Aug 15, 2012
@r231- As you know, it is highly impossible to send someone a mail on nairaland except you and that person are connected (through the 'follow' link).

So we want to know how numerous users were sent that spam mail. Or were they all following the spammer? Correct me if I'm wrong.

And it seems you are mute about my questions. Nairaland and all our privacy information seems to be compromised.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Odunnu: 6:19pm On Aug 15, 2012
onatisi:
odunu too is a snake under green grass she raise her head to strike but when the bullets and arrows starts coming she hides behind the other mods keeping her head low waiting for a safe time to strike again
LMAO. I've been called names on here, calling me a snake wouldnt change me! I havent replied 'his majesty' because:
1. I was mobile when I sneaked in that reply.
2. I havent until now been opportuned again to sneak in.
3. You are sounding too rude, wild and harsh. I find it difficult relating in these conditions.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 15, 2012
Odunnu:
LMAO. I've been called names on here, calling me a snake wouldnt change me! I havent replied 'his majesty' because:
1. I was mobile when I sneaked in that reply.
2. I havent until now been opportuned again to sneak in.
3. You are sounding too rude, wild and harsh. I find it difficult relating in these conditions.

I like your happy-go-lucky nature.

But sometimes you have to call a spade a spade or face the wrath of........you know what.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Glo New Yakata Plan: All You Need To Know / Tipper Crushes Boy Dead In Anambra (Graphic Photos) / >> Nairaland Oldbies Meet Here 2006-2009 Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.